Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: fix for rotation inhibitor?

Default fix for rotation inhibitor?
    i have an iphone 3gs with 3.0. i've jailbroken it successfully with redsn0w and purplera1n but when i get everything updated (or not updated) and install rotation inhibitor for sbsettings (with icy) my iphone crashes time after time after time and just keeps rebooting into safe mode. but it wont let me hit 'ok' to stay there. its just an endless reboot. now if i install with cydia instead i can stay in safe mode and uninstall rotation inhibitor and everythings back to normal.

my question, does anyone know of a code i can add somewhere or a fix for this problem?

I have the same problem, but his Rotation inhibitor works just fine on my Iphone 3G and 2G running both on 3.0! Hopefully the ll fix this on the 3GS I really want to turn the rotation off sometimes!

I can also confirm this. I have a 3G running 3.0 and "rotation inhibitor" works fine.

I then bought me a 3GS. When I got my 3GS jailbroken using redsn0w 0.8 and attempted to install inhibitor, my 3GS rebooted into safe mode. Any attempts to reboot or respring always resulted in the springboard crashing and the 3GS going into safe mode.

I ended up going into cydia while in safe mode and uninstalled it. Rebooted and everything worked fine.

I guess we'll have to wait

Currently, all 3GS are unable to stop the rotation now. sucks.

Exact same problem here. Although it took awhile to figure out what was causing the problem. This needs to get fixed because sometimes the rotation is just plain annoying.

Just read on Ryan Petrich's (the developer of RI) twitter page that: "The current 3GS jailbreak is missing a kernel patch that gives RotationInhibitor permissions to intercept rotation calls." He knows of the problem and is trying to fix it.
    Last edited by GhostWriter; 2009-07-10 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[QUOTE=leletyM3;4801331]I have the same problem, but his Rotation inhibitor works just fine on my Iphone 3G and 2G running both on 3.0! Hopefully the ll fix this on the 3GS I really want to turn the rotation off sometimes![/QUOTE
    Does it keep cover flow from coming up in the music app?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostWriter View Post
    Exact same problem here. Although it took awhile to figure out what was causing the problem. This needs to get fixed because sometimes the rotation is just plain annoying.

Just read on Ryan Petrich's (the developer of RI) twitter page that: "The current 3GS jailbreak is missing a kernel patch that gives RotationInhibitor permissions to intercept rotation calls." He knows of the problem and is trying to fix it.
    Good to know that he is working on it!

According to this thread, a new release of RI is out and working on 3.0.True?

AllTechRelated

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    According to this thread, a new release of RI is out and working on 3.0.True?

AllTechRelated
    The problem is on the 3.0 on the 3Gs

My problem is I only want to disable the rotation to cover flow. I like rotation on everything else.

Rotation inhibitor 0.4 has just been released on Cydia. Can anyone verify if it works on iPhone 3GS?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ifini For This Useful Post:

eaglesteve (2009-07-16)

It does in fact work. However, for me when installed it makes
    my 3gs go into safe mode every 15 minutes. I'll try to
    try to send him a sys log so everything will work out. But give it a try maybe it's just my phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It works but would always go into safe mode when you shake your device. As long as I don't shake my 3GS, it is functioning perfectly.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 2009-07-16 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks

Yep, still don't work. I'm on 3gs. Sucks, I bet it will work alot better and smoother on the 3gs when it's ready. I'm dying here.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    It works but would always go into safe mode when you shake your device. As long as I don't shake my 3GS, it is functioning perfectly.
    That is actually quite funny. LOL

well it seems i just have to go without this for now

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ifini For This Useful Post:

eaglesteve (2009-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifini View Post
    That is actually quite funny. LOL

well it seems i just have to go without this for now
    Is anybody taking this only as a joke or what? It really is the case. The moment I shake it, it goes to safe mode. I can recover by restart. It works without any problem at all if I do not shake it. It never once got into safe mode without me shaking it, so far.

I'm seriuos.

D'oh! Forgot to check for NULL. An update for RotationInhibitor will be released shortly. In the meantime don't shake the baby!
    - Ryan's twitter

sounds like an easy fix

cant wait to FINALLY be able to text and surf while laying down without getting pissed off at my phone for going into landscape mode every 2 seconds. man. i cant belieeeve apple didnt think of that one. but then again, they didnt think of a handful of things since the first iphone came out did they haha. gotta love 'em though.

Thanks

Just upgraded to version 0.5, and now everything works perfectly for me. Shaking does'nt kick it out to safe mode anymore.

Thank you so much for this precious software.

version 0.5 working well so far... All is good again

Finally it is working again.... I totally love this app!!!

Giddyup... Fixed...