Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New to SDK looking for help

Default New to SDK looking for help
    Hello all,

My company wants me to build an app for them. They supplied me with a desktop running OSX 10.5 and purchased the SDK for me. The problem is.. I am entirely a windows guy and have no clue how to even start. Does anyone have any recommendations or want to be added to my account to help?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbarker View Post
    Hello all,

My company wants me to build an app for them. They supplied me with a desktop running OSX 10.5 and purchased the SDK for me. The problem is.. I am entirely a windows guy and have no clue how to even start. Does anyone have any recommendations or want to be added to my account to help?
    I'm no developer by any means (tinkerer is about the best I manage) but I would start HERE. It's the intro page on Apple's dev site. There are reference links at the bottom to follow as well after reading through the intro.

Hopefully it will at least get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck!

If you didn't see it, I think this thread has some useful information:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...nce-links.html
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Wow talk about being thrown under the bus.

You first beeter familarize yourself with how a Mac actually works. ktext,plst, etc similar as you would learn about dlls and ocx files on windows PCs.

From there, I assume you have some programming expirence and if you know a C based OOP (C, C++, even Java) you are a step ahead and just need to familarize yourself with Objective C.