Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems syncing 3.0 in iTunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Problems syncing 3.0 in iTunes
    Ok. I have a pain in the butt situation with my iPhone 3.0 beta 2 syncing in iTunes. Maybe someone has a good answer.

I use a Macbook 99% of the time but I had to install the 3.0 from my PC for an issue of getting the Mac firmware at the time.

Well all worked great upon dowloading the 3.0 but when it came time to select a backup file, I was left to set up the iPhone as a "New Device" because all my backup files are on my Macbook.

I figured I would be able to connect my iPhone to my Macbook and I would be able to sync my backup that I did before I updated to 3.0 and get all my text, notes, saved data, ect.... Nope!

I finally got the firmware 3.0 for mac users and tried the same process to download on my phone all over figuring I would be able to get to the point of selecting a backup file but after completing the restore, the phone would show in the left side of iTunes but no preview pane Summary Tab would appear. It was basically blank.

I plugged the phone back into the PC to see what would happen and it popped up with the option to set the phone up as new device again. After this, I'm back to square one of not being able to get any backup from my Macbook, just able to re-sync apps, music, ect.

Anybody have any problems like this with 3.0 and switching between a Mac and PC? I will for sure download the beta 3 from my macbook when it comes, hopefully this will allow me to go back to a backup from February, being the latest backup is overwritten with my sync I did today.... which has no saved data...

You cant use a backup with 3.0, you have to setup as "new".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so gay.

Its a beta, its not meant to be "used", therefore that part hasnt been implemented properly yet. You cant be mad for installing a pirated copy of an OS