Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where to start if I wanted to build an app like myCinema?

Default Where to start if I wanted to build an app like myCinema?
    I basically want to start creating apps for the iphone and thought I would like to make something like myCinema, which is basically an app that links to external websites. Now does anybody know what I nedd and where to start if I wanted to build this app?
    Signature cleaned...

Well,
    you'll need xCode (OS X), or Cygwin and some other stuff for Windows (I think, don't quote me, I'm a mac developer) plus I'd give these a read:

The Objective-C 2.0 Programming Language: Introduction to The Objective-C 2.0 Programming Language
    Getting Started

Also, you'll need the open source toolchain, and to install and configure it.

Hope that helps. Regardsless of what it is you want to program, that is the starting point for any iPhone developer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chrispy212 For This Useful Post:

HMkX2 (2009-04-11)

Thanks yes I already have the xcode, just wondered if there was anything else I need

Does anybody have the basic template of the app that I can modify, just to get me started?
    Last edited by Money Over; 2009-04-11 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Signature cleaned...

I recommend you start small, follow a tutorial. Even if you had a template, it would be far more difficult to work backwards and learn the syntax of objective C than to write your own app with help first.
    I don't know what sort of level programmer you are, but I found this tutorial was helpful for learning the basics of a navigation-based app.

Also, I assume you plan on building for Cydia(/installer), I.E. using the open toolchain? In which case you'll need to read this and download the open source toolchain.