Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 121

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 3.0 MMS working :)

  1. #81
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
    I am on 3.0 just for the BT option with my headset. I hated having the iCombi in because I couldn't charge it. For me that alone is worth the bugs.

    But it won't let me use play, next or back on my headset...
    Lol what kinda random *** question was that? This is 3.0 MMS talk, that has nothing to do with it noob lol
    iLive an iLife

  2. #82
    Green Apple mxpimp47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    if yall would do what i said in the post on page 4 you wouldnt have any problems. change your device imei to a phone thats equal to an iphone in data usage, so you dont have any surprise's on your bill. yea it would be cool to save 20$ a month. but thats better paying the extra 20$ then getting charged who knows what for trying to use a totally different type of data plan thats not even proper for the device. if you can get away with it sweet, but i dont think its worth it.

    and like i said all the phones i have jailbroke i setup the same. and as long as you dont have the iphone tracker on there it wont keep blocking mms automatically on your account!

    the people that got an iphone any way other than through apple or att and they didnt setup there account. then they dont have to worry about the iphone tracker and thats why they set up swirly and it worked. we buy used iphones from people and set them up and never have any problems. you just have to get your account setup for a normal pda device and have no tracker and your good.

    just to mention my mms is still working with 3.0

  3. #83
    The Entertainer monchy36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Slatington, PA
    Posts
    1,792
    Thanks
    3,016
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 871 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mxpimp47 View Post
    if yall would do what i said in the post on page 4 you wouldnt have any problems. change your device imei to a phone thats equal to an iphone in data usage, so you dont have any surprise's on your bill. yea it would be cool to save 20$ a month. but thats better paying the extra 20$ then getting charged who knows what for trying to use a totally different type of data plan thats not even proper for the device. if you can get away with it sweet, but i dont think its worth it.

    and like i said all the phones i have jailbroke i setup the same. and as long as you dont have the iphone tracker on there it wont keep blocking mms automatically on your account!

    the people that got an iphone any way other than through apple or att and they didnt setup there account. then they dont have to worry about the iphone tracker and thats why they set up swirly and it worked. we buy used iphones from people and set them up and never have any problems. you just have to get your account setup for a normal pda device and have no tracker and your good.

    just to mention my mms is still working with 3.0
    so what you have is the same as me you have a regular ATT account with your iphone right? and just in case i did this on November, that mean is been almoust 7 months no MMS block, no problem, cheaper payment! no surprises in my bill... just to mention go 3 times up to 3.0 and down to 2.2.1 just to see if i have any problem or something not working on 3.0 so far everything working fine!

    Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I have a feeling ATT is smarter than this.......

    I guess I am waiting to see the thread: "OMG ATT CHARGED ME $300 FOR DATA"
    if you have "UNLIMITED" media data... i don't think they going to charge extra when that's include data,MMS and SMS... talking by experience!
    Last edited by monchy36; 2009-03-30 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #84
    Green Apple mxpimp47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    like i said i didnt doubt it would work, but it would make me nervous to get the bill! but that is awesome that you have been able to set it up that way. thats good cuz now i can jailbreak people and tell them "if your willing to take the chance" go buy a junker device and set it up with a basic package! thats cool to know that it works out that way!

    ive just heard that they can tell cuz pda style devices use more data than a regular media net device does!

    oh i forgot to ask did you ever setup your iphone through att? or did you jailbreak it before you used it!
    Last edited by mxpimp47; 2009-03-30 at 03:18 AM.

  5. #85
    I finally had mine shut down after having them enable MMS. It was working over a week though.

    But, my question would be this..

    I simply removed my sim and put it in an ATT Tilt, let it connect, sent an MMS and then put it back in my iphone and it works again.
    Now I realize the IMEI is sent to your account periodically and it registers what phone you use in OLAM, but if they truly have an Iphone tracker enabled on your account in Snooper and they say they cannot enable MMS anyway, then how does just putting the sim in another MMS authorized phone change it to working again.
    My whole point is, how is the transmission of an authorized MMS IMEI completly changing a setting without being done by a person on AT&T's side.
    You would think the scenerio would be
    1) You are able to sent MMS
    2) Tracker is enabled on your account
    3) You get Swept, or it resets itself upon re registering your Iphone IMEI by calling or sending an MMS.

    Could it actually be reset back with the simple change of a phone, send an MMS and then put the sim back to the Iphone.

    You would think once it's swept it would have to be changed back by someone on their side.
    I did try all afternoon to send one before trying this, so it was definately disabled or blocked by ATT.

    Any Thoughts on this.

    Smitty

  6. #86
    as of today mine is still working. but only sents pics to some people.

  7. #87
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,024
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by monchy36 View Post
    if you have "UNLIMITED" media data... i don't think they going to charge extra when that's include data,MMS and SMS... talking by experience!
    There is a difference in ATT's eyes with the iPhone. Having an iPhone causes them to change your plan to a specific iPhone one wether you use another phone or not. Its a ATT "rule". In the logical sense, yes a data plan that has MMS and SMS should be included for the iPhone but there is no logic in the ATT plan (maybe its just that the iPhones account for 50% of the cell phone data traffic).

    You may never see a change in your bill and they may just set it back to the iPhone plan or hell, you may just get lucky and not see a change at all (which I doubt) but i personally would be worried of seeing a) data bill for iPhone data or b) text message bill for SMS messages sent from the iPhone

  8. #88
    Green Apple mxpimp47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyjf View Post
    I finally had mine shut down after having them enable MMS. It was working over a week though.

    But, my question would be this..

    I simply removed my sim and put it in an ATT Tilt, let it connect, sent an MMS and then put it back in my iphone and it works again.
    Now I realize the IMEI is sent to your account periodically and it registers what phone you use in OLAM, but if they truly have an Iphone tracker enabled on your account in Snooper and they say they cannot enable MMS anyway, then how does just putting the sim in another MMS authorized phone change it to working again.
    My whole point is, how is the transmission of an authorized MMS IMEI completly changing a setting without being done by a person on AT&T's side.
    You would think the scenerio would be
    1) You are able to sent MMS
    2) Tracker is enabled on your account
    3) You get Swept, or it resets itself upon re registering your Iphone IMEI by calling or sending an MMS.

    Could it actually be reset back with the simple change of a phone, send an MMS and then put the sim back to the Iphone.

    You would think once it's swept it would have to be changed back by someone on their side.
    I did try all afternoon to send one before trying this, so it was definately disabled or blocked by ATT.

    Any Thoughts on this.

    Smitty
    i know that until i got the tracker removed it would get swept and change my plan somehow. and when i would put my sim back in my moto q it wouldnt recieve mms or send mms, it would give me an error. so that meant the mms was blocked, due to the plan change back to the iphone plan.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by mxpimp47 View Post
    i know that until i got the tracker removed it would get swept and change my plan somehow. and when i would put my sim back in my moto q it wouldnt recieve mms or send mms, it would give me an error. so that meant the mms was blocked, due to the plan change back to the iphone plan.
    That's what I would have expected. Either it's on or off. Even if it's on, after being Swept, it should be off and nothing should change that except someone turning it back on, not just putting a sim in an MMS authorized phone and connecting to the network.
    It's very strange behavior. It seems to be blocked at times.
    I wonder if someone on the ATT side would care to respond.

    Smitty

  10. #90
    Same for me smitty. When I tAke my sim out and put It in my razr it still won't send a mms. I have to call AT&T and they reset something and I have to restart my phone. Then everything works on the razor but when I put it back in my 3g mms works for 10 minutes or so then it stops.

  11. #91
    That's why I don't understand why it works for me without calling. Just a simple phone swap for a few minutes.

    Like I said in my first post about calling and getting it enabled, after explaining to him that I have beta 3.0 and it is capable of supporting it, he enabled it no problem. I even explained the "Scripted directions" on enabling it that you see in other posts.
    I told him I tested it and it works, and he said "great" "have I solved all your requests today", I said YES you did!

    I've ruled out network issues since I could still send text and I was in a full 3g service when it failed to send the pic.

    Oh well, looks like a phone swap every week won't be too bad to keep it working. Well see how long it goes until I have to do it again.

    Smitty

  12. #92
    well i just got off the phone with at&t again... lol and she said they "weren't able to provision it until Apple decides to release the software fully this summer". So instead of giving her crap about it I just went along with it. She also said they have been getting a lot of calls about the issue and i was thinking to myself "lot of calls hmmm? WEll then FIX THE DAMN ISSUE!!!" lol

    And smitty, dude, i tried your method again before i called att. Turned the phone on and off a good 20 times. Called 12 people and sent about 7 or 8 text and still not able to access media net at all or send a mms. Did "recieve" one though only it said "unable to download".

    Idk guys... maybe we will just have to wait cause it looks like hit or miss trying to get it to work. On the bright side, my bday is in june so i guess apples present to me will be MMS which i should have had from the beginning? Not bad. lol

  13. #93
    Not to beat this dead horse but,

    Here is how our bill looks. We have 25 phones with 4 Iphones.

    These 2 Iphones do not get MMS

    IPHONE TXT MSG 200
    Text Messaging Incoming 17 See Call Details 0.00
    Text Messaging Out 200 12 See Call Details 0.00
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET



    IPHONE TXT MSG UNL 03/20-04/19
    Includes:
    MMS Opt Out
    Text Messaging
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET 03/20-04/19




    These are the 2 Iphones that do get MMS.


    This one was upgraded to an Iphone about 2 weeks ago and was JB and uses Swirly

    MESSAGING 1500 03/20-04/19 15.00 15.00
    Includes:
    Multimedia Messaging
    Text Messaging
    DATA PLAN IPHONE 03/20-04/19
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET


    This one is mine running 3.0 (also works with swirly on my spare JB iphone)

    MESSAGING 200 03/19-03/19
    Includes:
    Multimedia Messaging
    Text Messaging
    DATA PLAN IPHONE 03/20-04/19
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET



    Note both that get MMS have it listed as just Messaging and the others are listed as Iphone Messaging.
    Interesting.

    Smitty

  14. #94
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,024
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smittyjf View Post
    Not to beat this dead horse but,

    Here is how our bill looks. We have 25 phones with 4 Iphones.

    These 2 Iphones do not get MMS

    IPHONE TXT MSG 200
    Text Messaging Incoming 17 See Call Details 0.00
    Text Messaging Out 200 12 See Call Details 0.00
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET



    IPHONE TXT MSG UNL 03/20-04/19
    Includes:
    MMS Opt Out
    Text Messaging
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET 03/20-04/19




    These are the 2 Iphones that do get MMS.


    This one was upgraded to an Iphone about 2 weeks ago and was JB and uses Swirly

    MESSAGING 1500 03/20-04/19 15.00 15.00
    Includes:
    Multimedia Messaging
    Text Messaging
    DATA PLAN IPHONE 03/20-04/19
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET


    This one is mine running 3.0 (also works with swirly on my spare JB iphone)

    MESSAGING 200 03/19-03/19
    Includes:
    Multimedia Messaging
    Text Messaging
    DATA PLAN IPHONE 03/20-04/19
    MEDIA MAX UNL MNET



    Note both that get MMS have it listed as just Messaging and the others are listed as Iphone Messaging.
    Interesting.

    Smitty

    It has been said before. iPhone plans are different than normal data plans. The way ATT gets MMS to work is changing your plan to a PDA plan like you had a blackjack or something.

    iPhone messaging is only texting. Its not medianet where it includes data and every type of media messaging.

  15. #95
    mine is still working but im backdating ot 2.2.1. 3.0 is way to buggy for me and almost cost me my job cause the alarm isnt working.

    half the time my sounds dont work unless i resent the phone. alot of stuff takes for ever to load or locks up

  16. #96
    I have Swirly working like a charm under AT&T on my 3G, I bet MMS would work for me if I had 3.0 loaded up on my phone.

  17. #97
    so here i sit with a dead phone that wont restore after trying to go back to 221. looks like into apple it goes

  18. #98
    What did you change bc mine did this as well

    Quote Originally Posted by jedinight View Post
    ekkk..check your visual voicemail this messed up mine. changed a couple of things back to normal and eveything works.mms,vvm,and tethering.
    thanks again!!!

  19. #99
    Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by timmay View Post
    mine is still working but im backdating ot 2.2.1. 3.0 is way to buggy for me and almost cost me my job cause the alarm isnt working.

    half the time my sounds dont work unless i resent the phone. alot of stuff takes for ever to load or locks up
    A new 3.0 beta just came out on the dev site, for what it's worth.

  20. #100
    eh ill wait till the real deal comes out

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •