Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 MMS working :)

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Check how the carrier bills it. Verizon used to charge per message, not for the data but that ended with their new plans.
    Picture/Video messages or MMS is included in the gophone texting plan. I was just wondering if my iPhone will be able to use wifi to fetch the picture/video.

I'll find out come June/July I guess

Just called..

Rep told me they got word from Apple not to Provision MMS on the accounts until the full release of the firmware. Said they are working on a script to have the accounts blocked again within 24hrs.which Im sure is BS,

So...Plan B.....

Calling and saying I no longer have an iPhone? Change my plan?

What would happen to the 3G Data plan?

^Prolly not BS....they do sweep accounts for that kinda thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Conquest3.0 View Post
    Just called..

Rep told me they got word from Apple not to Provision MMS on the accounts until the full release of the firmware. Said they are working on a script to have the accounts blocked again within 24hrs.which Im sure is BS,

So...Plan B.....

Calling and saying I no longer have an iPhone? Change my plan?

What would happen to the 3G Data plan?
    ^^^Unless you change your IMEI# they will still know that you or using a iPhone.

Thanks
    You have to have the iPhone tracker removed for it to work jb for swirly or you'll get swept!

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mxpimp47 View Post
    You have to have the iPhone tracker removed for it to work jb for swirly or you'll get swept!
    iphone tracker removed??? can you explain???
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks
    There is an iPhone tracker on everyone's account that purchashed an iPhone through "AT&T" if you bought a phone off bay or any other way it was never implemented to your account unless you activated your iPhone through at&t with your sim. They hve the tracker on there and it only affects your account if you are using an iPhone and did the above. If you change devices to anything but a black berry (cuz it's like iPhone, requires it's own syle of data plan) you won't be affected. So tell tech support at at&t that even though your not using an iPhone (not true) to remove it and your mms will never be swept! Like I said your not affected by any of this unless you setup your iPhone with at&t. But it's also best to have an imei of a device that is a PDA phone so the amount of data used would be legit! That's the secret shhhhh!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There is an iPhone tracker on everyone's account that purchashed an iPhone through "AT&T" if you bought a phone off bay or any other way it was never implemented to your account unless you activated your iPhone through at&t with your sim. They hve the tracker on there and it only affects your account if you are using an iPhone and did the above. If you change devices to anything but a black berry (cuz it's like iPhone, requires it's own syle of data plan) you won't be affected. So tell tech support at at&t that even though your not using an iPhone (not true) to remove it and your mms will never be swept! Like I said your not affected by any of this unless you setup your iPhone with at&t. But it's also best to have an imei of a device that is a PDA phone so the amount of data used would be legit! That's the secret shhhhh!

Interesting theory. Any source of this info?

Thanks
    just call up and ask if there is a iphone tracker... they are the ones that told me about it when i was going through the jailbreaking process for the first time. and i set up my wifes phone and bought it through att and turned around the next day and called them gave them the imei of her moto q and told technical support to remove the iphone tracker that for what ever reason she is still not able to receive mms. THEY dont know or care why your not using a certain device all they are there to do is resolve your issues. they dont ask "why arent you using your iphone?" its none of there business and if they ask tell them what ever you feel like. i always simply said when i call "im not using my iphone anymore" and my mms is still not working even though i have had you guys change my plan. i tell them the people at the store said that i need to talk to technical support and to have the iphone tracker removed.

if its not removed then your account will automatically go back to iphone ****, and mms is automatically blocked as we all know with an iphone plan. i have jail broke more phones than i can even count now and havent had one get mms turned off yet. the **** works, i would of thought that everyone knew how to make **** happen.... but i do think its really important and it makes since, and i have read on here before as well about having a device that can do the same amount of data as an iphone. or they will look at your account and automatically change your plan. you cant have a regular motorola razor and be surfing the net, plus i believe there is two types of data packages, "media net unlimited" and "pda unlimited" or something like that. if i were joe blow and didnt have one of those devices laying around buy a broke one off the net and use that imei. cuz your not actually using the device you know.

thats the best i can explain it! any questions feel free to chime in. i know it works for all the phones i setup!

I'm a dev on 3.0 and I am just as excited as any of you to get MMS working, but for all the headaches and plan changes, why not just wait a little longer and enjoy using copy and paste for now?

All power to anyone who wants to continue with this, but it seems like too much work for me with the official firmware coming soon enough.

^ Ive used copy an paste beofre with clippy. It's not a big new thing for me. I just want to be able to use the little camera icon in texting it's like sittin there laughing at me cause I can't use.

Thanks
    so are people still not having even 3.0 mms working? im a dev and i havent had any problems with it working.... thats weird, i recieved several mms this morning and last night and sent one this morning (pulled my sons tooth before school and sent a pic to mom's jb iphone). i haven't had any problems. one time it didnt send so i turned the phone off and back on and it went through still. 3.0 is a bit buggy atleast for me. i notice the battery gets smoked in a day with little usage. im sure thats cuz its beta. along with my headphones wouldnt work while trying to connect them during a call. and my volume always pops up after a call and its set to half way. sometimes my phone wont ring but show a call coming through and only vibrate. ummmmm it also crashes sometimes and just goes back to the spring board. i like it. i know it will be good. i think they need to program in for the mms to auto resize. when i send a pic from the camera roll it takes a bit. but if i get one of those forwarded mms messages from your friends that has a little resolution size photo, or even i had one with 5 attachments it sent just fine when they are smaller files. other wise sometimes it takes a bit. it will all come around though! i have been using it since it was available to the dev's. and i like it. i have been working with the sdk on making some very basic apps so well see how it all turns out. im still learning alot right now with programming. i come from web based coding and its different. but i like it!

Default I Have A Friend
    I have a friend who works in tech at ATT and they said that they received a company wide bulletin that said that apple has said not to provision mms on any of the iphone whether or not they are developers. They are working through all the iphones right now to turn it off on the ones they enabled it on before the apple memo got to them. Sucks bad. Personally i reverted back to 2.2.1 using the guide on gizmodo. I liked 3.0 alot but not having mms is just not worth it. Its really buggy and the power managment sux really bad. I was charging my phone 3 times a day. When i actually need to test stuff that im writing ill probably put 3.0 back on but for now the simulator is fine for what im doing.

Thanks
    i never called and asked for my account to provisioned or anything i just updated to 3.0 and didnt have any problems. since i didnt make any changes to my account before, there shouldnt be any made to it now. but at the same time im not mest up if it does happen. ill post something if anything happens.

Idk why y'all are having trouble with the power management. I take my phone off the charger everyday at about 6:45 am. Use it all day to text, call, and use Internet. Along with music and jut playing games when i'm bored. And usually I don't hit 20% battery until 11 pm. And I don't use a charger at all during the day.

I posted a few days ago after I called with the 3.0 speech to the att rep. He enabled it, said I wouldn't be swept.
    We even had the conversation about the reason people on the old firmware could not get it was because the program wasn't capable of sending them (no swirly discussion).
    I still have it since early last week adding it on, and have another phone (which wasn't even called to be added) running Swirly.
    Like I said, Maybe because our account has 1 main phone and 24 add on lines, it can't be swept.

Smitty

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

:edit: nvm
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

I am on 3.0 just for the BT option with my headset. I hated having the iCombi in because I couldn't charge it. For me that alone is worth the bugs.

But it won't let me use play, next or back on my headset...

Green Apple
    Thanks

just call up and ask if there is a iphone tracker... they are the ones that told me about it when i was going through the jailbreaking process for the first time. and i set up my wifes phone and bought it through att and turned around the next day and called them gave them the imei of her moto q and told technical support to remove the iphone tracker that for what ever reason she is still not able to receive mms. THEY dont know or care why your not using a certain device all they are there to do is resolve your issues. they dont ask "why arent you using your iphone?" its none of there business and if they ask tell them what ever you feel like. i always simply said when i call "im not using my iphone anymore" and my mms is still not working even though i have had you guys change my plan. i tell them the people at the store said that i need to talk to technical support and to have the iphone tracker removed.

if its not removed then your account will automatically go back to iphone ****, and mms is automatically blocked as we all know with an iphone plan. i have jail broke more phones than i can even count now and havent had one get mms turned off yet. the **** works, i would of thought that everyone knew how to make **** happen.... but i do think its really important and it makes since, and i have read on here before as well about having a device that can do the same amount of data as an iphone. or they will look at your account and automatically change your plan. you cant have a regular motorola razor and be surfing the net, plus i believe there is two types of data packages, "media net unlimited" and "pda unlimited" or something like that. if i were joe blow and didnt have one of those devices laying around buy a broke one off the net and use that imei. cuz your not actually using the device you know.

thats the best i can explain it! any questions feel free to chime in. i know it works for all the phones i setup!
    yeah but u must change imei # of the iphone with ziphone cause att can see ur true imei on whatever phone the sim is in
    Last edited by techguy1; 2009-03-28 at 02:16 AM. Reason: idk

Thanks
    i read about ziphone. i dont think its necessary if you go about it like i said.

every phone i have done hasnt had anything change on the account. so i know for a fact the people i have helped out who never had an iphone on there account through att that poped there sim strait into a jailbroke iphone, didnt ever get there mms turned off. the first times i was setting up my personal phone before doing anyone else's i learned all of what i said. so now i have it down to a routine. once i had the "iphone tracker" removed off my account cuz i told them that my mms thorugh my "moto q" (thats the imei they had on file) wasnt working. all of a sudden my iphone wouldnt work one min, then get swept the next. they never knew anymore. or atleast if they do it wouldnt change my account. cuz when i call they confirm the device im using.

even back before i used iphones, i always had a bunch of different devices. and i would always have to tell them to change the device on my account when i called for what ever reason. they would say "oh i have this device on your account" not what i was currently using.

i forgot to mention that even when i talk to regular customer support. sometimes it sounds like they dont even know what your talking about if you say anything about the iphone tracker. and you have to tell them that you need to talk to technical support! tech support told me that they have 2 screens they look at. and that is displays information that regular customer support doesnt see.... BUT TECHNICAL SUPPORT IS THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN TAKE IT OFF! unless there is someone else higher i havent had to deal with that im sure could do it as well.

so can they see what your using - maybe. does it always affect you? NO! like i said every single phone i have setup. ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT WERE JAILBROKE BEFORE i put the sim into the phone. never have had a problem!

hopefully this info will help others out!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast