Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 MMS working :)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancin_smurf View Post

I live in the Bahamas no AT&T in sight!!! And i'm running 3.0 on my 3g!!!
    So your telling me that i should not have this?!!!
    Please make your self clear!!!
    I can also send mms on my phone with my home carrier BTC!!!!
    It was more for the people who are using software unlocked phones on TMobile in the US where they decide not to use ATT. Not where ATT is not available.

tried that file with my iphone 3g. Still cant send MMS. Or at least it still says message failed. Idk if he got it. Guess i'll call up att tomorrow after class.

Oh and quick question. Am I required to be on 3g to use MMS or can i be on edge?

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llj1137075 View Post
    Sorry forgot the file.
    I didn't zip it last time.
    Tried this on AT&T us, does not work
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

For those of you who have it working..

Did you have to edit the settings on the phone after updating the ipcc?

As of now, I have

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: "blank"
    Password: "blank"
    Last edited by Conquest3.0; 2009-03-24 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    i left all that blank, i did exactly what it said to do. update that file. power on and off and it works. i havent even got the error message lately. but like i said even when i did it went through! but i also just tested sending out a group mms (multiple contacts) and it worked! its pretty sweet when someone sends you one it pops up on the display even if the phone is locked!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I am 90% sure that MMS is locked on the carrier side. If a message comes to your phone, even with this on you will not be able to recieve it due to the plan you are on.

A) Are people who saying this is working on their own plan or are they on a family plan with a normal medianet data or messaging plan associated with it?

B) Have you previously had swirlymms working?

I called At&t Premier a few days ago. I had to make a few changes on our account (25 phones). I said to the rep, "I know the contract with apple dosen't allow MMS, but I'm a developer running 3.0" which has it on there.
    I went on and told him I tested my wifes SIM from my personal account (a Razor phone) and I sent and recieved a MMS to my kid the night before, so I know it works. He enabled wap push and put me on hold to verify the settings with Apple Support. I quick tested it while on hold and BAM! went through.
    He came back on and said I was good to go. I asked him about an account sweep and removal, and he said that it would not happen.
    I checked in our account in Premier and it still says Iphone is my phone and it's still working.

Well see!!!

I guess the same with swirly; We need to call ATT and inform them to provision MMS on the line/Change unlimited messaging to a non-unlimited iPhone messaging

Im going to give them a call right now and try it on the line..

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone else know what feature needs to be provisioned on your att line? is wap push working for everyone
    -DoocesWild

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I am going to call them tonight and ask them about upgrading and if there is any plan changes.

I figure I will play dumb and see if I can get someone to help since I go right into corporate support

Just tried to get this done in AT&T Support..no dice..

They kept sending me the Dev Login Site..

I suggest calling, I got no where with this chick..

Heres a transcript..

Please wait for a chat representative to respond.

All representatives are currently assisting other customers. At this time, our average wait is 1 minutes and you are # 4 Thank you for your patience. A representative will be with you shortly.

Welcome to AT&T Technical Support Chat. My name is 'Donna Runyon' and Iíll be happy to assist you today.

Donna Runyon: Conquest3.0 I do apologize for any inconvenience with your cell phone services today. I will be happy to assist you with your iphone picture messages.

Conquest3.0: Thank you..

Conquest3.0: Im a Developer for the new iPhone 3.0 Firmware, and I need MMS Provisioned and wap push enabled on my account so I could test the MMS Capabilites of the new firmware

Donna Runyon: May I please have permission to access your account to assist you further today?

Conquest3.0: Sure

Donna Runyon: This is a secure channel. Please send me the wireless phone number with the area code first, your first/last name, the name on the account and the last four digits of the social security number.

Conquest3.0: ***.***.****

Conquest3.0: Conquest3.0

Conquest3.0: Conquest3.0

Conquest3.0: ****

Donna Runyon: Thank you, please allow me 3-5 minutes to look at your account.

Donna Runyon: Thank you for holding Conquest3.0.

Donna Runyon: We are sending you the link to get assistance with the iphone and MMS.

Donna Runyon: Apple - iPhone - iPhone OS 3.0 Preview

Conquest3.0: What is this link directing me towards?

Donna Runyon: This link is to get assistance's with the 3.0 firmware for the testing of the iphone.

Conquest3.0: What I need done is on the AT&T account side. I need MMS Provisioned and Wap Push Enabled on my line

Conquest3.0: I am already a developer for the firmware and have it installed on my device, however I will not be able to test it under the current state of my account. Which is why I need the change made.

Donna Runyon: I do apologize to get this done you would have to go to the link provided to you. In this department we do not have the access to add these features.

Conquest3.0: There is nothing on that link that allows me to add a feature to my AT&T account. Which is why Im contacting you

Conquest3.0: This change needs to be made to my AT&T account. I need to have MMS Provisioned and WAP Push enabled.

Conquest3.0: I already have "the Apple side" completed by being a developer and having the firmware installed on the device. However I need these 2 features enabled on the AT&T side so I can utilize them.

Donna Runyon: Please try this link.

Donna Runyon: iPhone Dev Center - Apple Developer Connection

Donna Runyon: This is the link we were sent for the developers of the iphone needs to go to for farther assistance.

Conquest3.0: I do not need further assitance from Apple on the matter. It is a wireless feature I need enabled on my account

Conquest3.0: Right now, MMS is not provisioned on the account since the original iPhone plan does not support it

Donna Runyon: We do not have access to add any features to the account or any systems for developers of the iphone.

Conquest3.0: I need my account to be provisioned to be able to send/receive MMS

Conquest3.0: Ok, forget that its an iPhone and just provision MMS on the account then. Im not asking for help with the dev kit

Conquest3.0: Im asking for you to make a change to my AT&T account

Conquest3.0: Please Provision MMS and activate WAP Push

Donna Runyon: We were told if we received any developers of the iphone on the chat room to send out this link. The user name and pass code the developer would already know. If you do not know this information you will need to contact your employer.

Conquest3.0: Im completely familiar with this site already. What I need done is related to how my AT&T account is setup

Donna Runyon: That is correct. I do apologize you have the incorrect department to check it up for you. The link will allow the account to be set up once you enter the information you were given to use to set it up.

Conquest3.0: There is no link through Apple to allow changes to be made from the AT&T account department

Conquest3.0: This is why Im contacting AT&T Tech support, not Apple Care

Donna Runyon: Thank you, please allow me 3-5 minutes to look at your account.

Conquest3.0: Thank you Donna, I dont want to sound repetitive, but I have had this done on other lines for our Dev Kit, and it is a matter of Provisioning MMS and activating Wap Push.

Conquest3.0: I really appreciate your help

Donna Runyon: Your welcome!

Donna Runyon: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Conquest3.0: ...Yes, I need you to complete what you were doing

Conquest3.0: I wasnt ending the session

Donna Runyon: I see that we do have your iPhone set up correctly for data including messaging. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to alter the setup of your data and messaging in a way that is inconsistent with your iPhone features. As a cutting-edge device, iPhone has been designed to utilize email for sending and receiving MMS-type messages. If youíre attempting to send or receive MMS using an outside application, that application would be supported by that provider and not AT&T.

Donna Runyon: Conquest3.0 we have discussed the provisioning for the iphone today. We have sent you the information with a link to get assistance wit the iphone 3.0 today. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Conquest3.0: Can you email this log to me?

Donna Runyon: I do apologize we have no way to send thru email. You can copy/paste the chat.

Conquest3.0: Whats the phone number for Tech Support?

Donna Runyon: You would dial 1-800-331-0500 to be transferred to technical support.

Conquest3.0: Im all set then
    Maybe I'll have better luck calling in..

I have mine working on ATT

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseSTi View Post
    I have mine working on ATT
    how did you manage that?
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

^ please share!

I have a general MMS question and I don't really want to start a new thread over one small question so OP, not trying to jack your thread, just want to ask 1 question and it's about MMS in general.

Can you use WiFi to send/receive MMS if you don't have a data plan?

A Pre-Thanks to whomever replies

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I have a general MMS question and I don't really want to start a new thread over one small question so OP, not trying to jack your thread, just want to ask 1 question and it's about MMS in general.

Can you use WiFi to send/receive MMS if you don't have a data plan?

A Pre-Thanks to whomever replies

No. MMS is provided by the carrier as far as I know.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to boxxa For This Useful Post:

LastSonOfKrypton (2009-03-25)

I have my account with regular text messaging, called in a asked for wap push. updated to the hacked ipcc, took my sim out and put it in another att phone, made some calls, sent some pictures and browsed media net. Then I put the sim back in an viola, MMS!

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    No. MMS is provided by the carrier as far as I know.
    Damn. I'm going the pre-paid route with no data. We have citywide wifi which is only $10/month. That sucks!!! Oh well. I only get maybe 10 to 15 MMS messages a month so maybe I can just forward them to my e-mail or something

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Damn. I'm going the pre-paid route with no data. We have citywide wifi which is only $10/month. That sucks!!! Oh well. I only get maybe 10 to 15 MMS messages a month so maybe I can just forward them to my e-mail or something
    Check how the carrier bills it. Verizon used to charge per message, not for the data but that ended with their new plans.

I just called in to ATT and they said they were just informed that if they enable wap push that they could be terminated for enabling it on the iPhone even if we have a developer account. That is some ********.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast