Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Once you install 3.0 beta does it really lock in Test mode?

Default Once you install 3.0 beta does it really lock in Test mode?
    i Downloaded iphone beta 3.0 os and am interested in trying it out but if its too buggy for normal use id want to restore it back to a back. According to apples documentation it locks the phone in test mode and can't be restored to a previous OS is this true? or can you put it in DFU mode if needed and then restore the phone and then restore from a backup? I am on ATT so unlocking or jail breaking isn't really needed for me. but if i have to to get it back i am not opposed to it.

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks

No I just did this today. DFU restore in iTunes to 2.2.1. Ignore any error message that pops up. After this point the info varies.

Some people are able to so a simple power off/power on reboot and all is well. However for me I still had a restore screen.

The other instruction is to run Quickpwn 2.2.5 but for some reason it would not detect my iPhone but..

Pwnage on my Mac recognized the iphone and I created a custom restore ipsw for 2.2.1 and it restored just fine on iTunes.

so you were able to restore from a backup or not?

Thanks

No, it told me my backup was corrupt, however, I just SSH'ed my backups on the old-fashioned way.

if you download the beta from a torrent and install it will your ipod/iphone know that you are not part of the dev program and the lock your iphone/ipod(that's the rumor that's beeen going around)

you need a dev membership to be able to sync and stuff... but if you upgrade on the iphone it will lock you in

ipod touch is different, the baseband in 3.0 is dependant on the 3.0 fw, if you get 2.2.1 on there it will not work with cellular network, however on the touch it is fine since there is no network on it therefore no baseband

what happens on a 2g Iphone ? has anyone tried that yet ?