Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone test the 3.0 beta yet?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default Anyone test the 3.0 beta yet?
    Does ATT support the 3.0 firmware features like MMS?

Looking to try it out on my phone (yes, legal 3.0 Developer download) but want to make sure I can fully use it.

You have to be an accepted developper or the firmware will not work.

he said he was a legal developer, from what I have read everything works except MMS, which makes sense why would AT&T turn on mms for iphone when it wont be active until the summer, but besides that i hear it all works

I am a legal developer. MMS does NOT work as of right now. The firmware is incredibly buggy. There is a reason it isn't out.

My phone bores me without jailbreak and a lot of apps from the appstore wont even run on 3.0

My guess is due to the fact that it has to be full of memory leaks. Just about everything can cause the phone to freeze for up to a minute.

Its gunna be a great firmware when it is finished though

If I pay to be a developer, is there a iPhone OS3 available for 2G iPhones too?

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    I am a legal developer. MMS does NOT work as of right now. The firmware is incredibly buggy. There is a reason it isn't out.

My phone bores me without jailbreak and a lot of apps from the appstore wont even run on 3.0

My guess is due to the fact that it has to be full of memory leaks. Just about everything can cause the phone to freeze for up to a minute.

Its gunna be a great firmware when it is finished though
    I'm not doubting you, but I've heard (from a couple other developers) that the beta is actually quite robust and runs their apps fine. I'm sure there will be a wide variety of opinions on 3.0 beta, since everyone seems to approach testing in different ways.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I will update later today. Downloading it now. Just read it all the effort to downgrade back and wanted to see how usable this was before loading it.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rvbcrs View Post
    If I pay to be a developer, is there a iPhone OS3 available for 2G iPhones too?
    According to the 3.0 release demo feed it is available for 2g phones. 2g will inherit all features of the new OS except MMS and Stereo Bluetooth.

are we allowed to share the betas in this forum? I have the 3.0 an the link to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    are we allowed to share the betas in this forum? I have the 3.0 an the link to download it.
    no

Got it, thats why I was asking

Thanks for asking and not just posting it up

A simple Google search will do the trick, If anyone is wondering

I have been around here and other blackberry forums for a while, I know it is better to ask than getting banned.

lol, we wouldn't ban someone for that, just delete the post/thread and send a pm or a warning
    we have plenty of real spammers to ban, that keeps us happy

You gotta have a dev account to do anything with it though. Or get a dev to add your phone to his account, but its very buggy (hence early beta) and alot of the new features I heard arent even working yet.

and I read that you will not be able to downgrade. This is from the pre-installation advisory "Updating devices to iPhone OS 3.0 beta software. By installing iPhone OS 3.0 beta software on your Authorized Test Devices, these Devices are permanently “locked” into testing mode and cannot be restored to earlier versions of iPhone OS"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    and I read that you will not be able to downgrade. This is from the pre-installation advisory "Updating devices to iPhone OS 3.0 beta software. By installing iPhone OS 3.0 beta software on your Authorized Test Devices, these Devices are permanently “locked” into testing mode and cannot be restored to earlier versions of iPhone OS"
    You can downgrade a few ppl have said that had success doing it with quickpwn to 2.2.1

^They are lying then. Quickpwn wont load an OS or downgrade.

Only iTunes will....and no, it wont let you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does it not create a custom 2.2.1?
    That's just what he said on here earlier today.
    I don't remember the thread though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Pwnage Tool will create a custom firmware, not quickpwn. But custom firmware or not... iTunes won't downgrade you from 3.0.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast