Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Streaming" Video

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default "Streaming" Video
    I'm working on a webapp for streaming video. The only problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out what format iPhone wants in order to play the files over wireless! I've tried MP4, mov, 3gP!... nothing. I always get a "safari cannot download this file" or "This movie could not be played."

Any help? The files I'm working with are MOV 320x240, that's all I really know about them.

I'm working with Sorenson Squeeze 5. I tried both the iPod settings and the Mobile settings and nothing seems to be iPhone friendly.

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried Googleling but everything leads back to native playback and not "streaming" over the wireless.

Banned
    Thanks

The file format is MP4. That is what I use on my website. I downloaded a free app called iPhone Video Converter off of download.com to convert the videos.

The videos look good for the most part and stream very nicely. Check my website for examples.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    When I said MOV I meant that was the file I was converting from. I've converted to MP4, but it's still not working.

Found in this thread: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/web-app...ml#post3454331

My problem may be that the folder the videos are in requires a password and Safari Mobile seems to not want to play nice with media that is password protected.

There's got to be a fix on this.

Banned
    Thanks

Try chmod the folder with permissions set to "775"