Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SDK]Where to begin as a new developer??

Default [SDK]Where to begin as a new developer??
    Can someone point me in the direction of posts/websites/tutorials for someone who wants to start developing new apps. Now, granted I am new to the possibility of creating new apps. for the iPhone/iPod Touch, but I feel I have a very basic foundation when it comes to creating new apps. I have jailbroken several phones (from 1.1.1 to 2.1) but I would like to try and create apps as well. So basically, could someone direct me to where a novice app. developer should begin. I have an engineering background so I am not a complete noob, but at the same time I dont know where to begin learning how to write code/apply code for the iPhone. Any help would be thankful!!

9th

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

subscribed...I would like to know as well. I have some programming exp from college but its mainly c, c++, and java.

a bit of searching and i found this: iDevKit - The Largest iPhone & iPod Touch Development Community

a bit of searching and i found this: iDevKit - The Largest iPhone & iPod Touch Development Community
    Last edited by hondakorn; 2008-09-23 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by hondakorn View Post
    subscribed...I would like to know as well. I have some programming exp from college but its mainly c, c++, and java.

Yeah, i saw this website/link also. I was hoping someone who is currently making apps. using the SDK toolkit would chime in with their experience(s) especially if they are new to making apps. So if anyone reads this please give us some insight to where to begin. And unlike my friend above, I have no c, c++, or java experience from college. I was a chemical engineering/chemistry major in college so I dont have computer science/computer engineering experience but I think I am pretty savy with computers and understanding code writing.