Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my app closes after few seconds

Default my app closes after few seconds
    help my pls i'm tryin to develop some app for my iphone 2.0.1 but have bad experience with launching my app i've try everithing but with no succes.

i've uploaded patched mobileinstallation with permisions 755 on the file and on the folder mobileinstallation.framework. downloaded some free app from app store before patching and also after it. than uploaded my .app in the application forlder and my app won't star it show up with a black screen for about 1 sec. and then it closed.

i try also to make debian package from it an install it with dpkg -i all installed fine but same problem as before. now i'm very confused about it and have no idea what's wrong with it or with me. i've googled all night long but didn't find any answers . if someone can help me i'll own u some beers

Quote Originally Posted by mishko View Post
    help my pls i'm tryin to develop some app for my iphone 2.0.1 but have bad experience with launching my app i've try everithing but with no succes.

i've uploaded patched mobileinstallation with permisions 755 on the file and on the folder mobileinstallation.framework. downloaded some free app from app store before patching and also after it. than uploaded my .app in the application forlder and my app won't star it show up with a black screen for about 1 sec. and then it closed.

i try also to make debian package from it an install it with dpkg -i all installed fine but same problem as before. now i'm very confused about it and have no idea what's wrong with it or with me. i've googled all night long but didn't find any answers . if someone can help me i'll own u some beers
    Your app must be signed.

You can create a self signed certificate and sign your app or you can use "ldid".

Read this: Bypassing iPhone Code Signatures - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    Last edited by buzios; 2008-09-15 at 01:08 PM. Reason: typo error

Quote Originally Posted by buzios View Post
    Your app must be signed.

You can create a self signed certificate and sign your app or you can use "ldid".

Read this: Bypassing iPhone Code Signatures - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    thnx man but din't work for me i did ldid -S /Applications/MyApp.app/MyApp as a root restarted iphone and still nothing also i try to do the same as normal user not root but gives me an error _assert(13:false)

than i try to chmod +x that folder still not working

Try installing Terminal (or using SSH) and launch your application from the Terminal prompt to see if you can get an error message.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Have you tried logging in as the root on the iphone terminal, that worked for me.