Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VOIP Softfones

Default VOIP Softfones
    im not a programmer or that tech saavy but i work in VOIP and i was wondering if theres any way to develope a softfone for ipod touch/phone that would be able to connect to your current voip provider. ive spoken with the ceo of our company and he decided that there isnt a market for it so he wont add it to r&d...does anyone here think they would be able to build one and would people use it

also i thought id mention the obvious that with ipod touch{as of now, who knows what apple gonna do next} u could only do it over wifi and on the iphone you can use it over edge{i personally have no idea if its fast enough and wont drop packets bec i never used it}...if anyone has a way to put it on a smartphone or a pda or anything like that it would be great....if anyone could write these things and they work and i can prove my boss wrong, i might get a raise....and the developer would get a donation
    Last edited by ezbaiby; 2008-08-27 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

maybe i can help you soon whit some info
    Last edited by 12Connect; 2008-10-24 at 11:17 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

iCall - Free Phone Calls

Already one in the works... has been for a while though :/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

FRING works with a SIP provider and allows you to make calls over WiFi or 3G using a patch on Cydia.

Works great with VoIP buster for free calls to american numbers.