Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone bluetooth device folder location!

Default iPhone bluetooth device folder location!
    Hi Guys!!

I was trying to find the folder in which the bluetooth device information is located on the iPhone, if there is any such folder. I need this information badly as I have been trying to create a program which would enable me to transfer files via bluetooth! Could someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Wouldn't that have been the first thing to do before you started writing an application??
    To live, you have to lie

its not in the software its in the bluetooth chip they use

Quote Originally Posted by ads1230 View Post
    its not in the software its in the bluetooth chip they use
    Bluetooth chips are usually fairly generic, it's easier to just not include a specific profile than have a custom Bluetooth chip fabricated.

It's quite possible that Apple just created the Bluetooth driver/stack with a very limited set of profiles, if that's the case then in theory it's possible to write a replacement that supports file transfer. Of course you'd need to be writing a kernel level driver which is a lot different than writing an application for the iPhone.

[edit]
    If this is the Bluetooth chip used then it supports the full Bluetooth 1.2 profile. However the manufacturer does state that the Bluetooth stack can have "Customised builds with embedded application code". So yes, if the default chip was used, there's a slim chance you could write kernel level driver for it with the right knowledge and compiler. If Apple had a customised build made then there's no chance at all.
    Last edited by gothi; 2008-08-01 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Added details of the Bluetooth chip

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gothi For This Useful Post:

creolesoul (2008-11-29)