Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: which type of programming shud i do to make iphone apps

[email protected]
    Default which type of programming shud i do to make iphone apps
    .................................................. .................................................. ........................................
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2016-05-22 at 05:34 PM.

Sort out your english grammar and punctuation and we may be able to understand what you want.
    Bought iPhone from Mall at Millenia in Florida, took home to UK and unlocked, currently using o2 SIM card

Quote Originally Posted by Davzik View Post
    Sort out your english grammar and punctuation and we may be able to understand what you want.
    Come on kido, be easy on the guy. Not everyone is from the UK I think what he wrote is quite understandable.

Original Poster: You need to know Objective-C (also referred to as Obj-C). It is, as the name suggests, object-oriented flavor of C language. If you don't know what object oriented means, than you should probably avoid developing iPhone apps.

Besides Obj-C, it is good if you have Cocoa knowledge or experience. I have a book on Obj-C (eBook), so ping me if you need one.

[email protected]
    .................................................. .................................................. ........................................
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2016-05-22 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks

If you have no experience, i'd suggest you start with a bit of a simpler language just to get the feel of how programming works, i started with BASIC, then went to C then to Objective -C. And yes Objective -C is what is used for the iPhone.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    arjulez thank u so much ..but the thing is i dont have any kind of experience but i just wanted to no that if sum1 wants to make wat shud he do . ..

Unfortunately if you don't know anything on programming than I would do a lot of reading. It takes a good understanding of the programming language, and about 99% of people cannot just "dive" in and start making programs, if that was the case we would have tons more than what is currently out there. Here is a link to Apples Dev site which have tons of how-tos and videos but you need a developers license to access them, its $99. Either way good luck.

[email protected]

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Correct your English spelling,I dont understand,what are you talking about,sorry.
    As MirrorminD said,you need a license to acsess it.

[email protected]

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

ever1
    you mean every1?

haha. I'm just playing. if this helps I found a really great site to learn C++ for free. The book assumes you have no prior knowledge of any code whatsoever. I dont know if C++ will help you though so here's the site:

Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days
    "foreign corporations > swedish law"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jiniej For This Useful Post:

[email protected]
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2016-05-22 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks

Or he can try the basic English language..
    EDM

What I don't understand is why are you guys on the OP's case for his poor English? Not everyone is a native English speaker; and honestly I don't think his posts in this thread are that hard to understand. Agreed it's not perfect English, but it is not as bad that you guy's can't even understand what he is trying to put forth. Have an open mind...

PS: I don't know why I am saying what I'm saying, I just don't feel it is right to ridicule someone just because his English is not as good as yours.

Thanks

Maybe it's just not the way people would expect someone who is 'serious' about learning programming to come across?
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Maybe it's just not the way people would expect someone who is 'serious' about learning programming to come across?
    Hmm agree with that though, interesting observation

I guess we should encourage someone instead of discouraging them for all we know he might come up with some killer app in future.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ajrulez For This Useful Post:

[email protected]
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2016-05-22 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    ok guys im sorry i no my english isnt good but i m trying wats the big deal if my english isnt good ? ok thnx to every one for supporting me umm and specially thnx to arjulez who has been very kind and encouraging me .thnx arjulez
    I guess I can relate to your situation because I have many friends who are not native English speakers but they are hella smart people I hope one fine day you'll come up with an app. My word of advice, start out with something really small and simple, don't overwhelm yourself with something complicated.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ajrulez For This Useful Post:

[email protected]
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2016-05-22 at 05:37 PM.

The I suggest downloading the Visual Basic.Net Express or Visual C# Express or the Turbo Delphi or C# devlopment kits (all free), or, if you have a Mac, download the free XCode development environment for the Mac and follow the tutorials available from Microsoft, CodeGear or Apple.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post: