Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade from 2.0 beta 5

Default Downgrade from 2.0 beta 5
    Hi,
    If anyone needs it...
    I have made a guide that i have tested along with others on how to downgrade from beta 5 safely.
    You can take a look at it by going to Here

Just thought i would put it out there, people have been asking me for it....

--AlJaMa

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlJaMa For This Useful Post:

Apple iPie (2008-05-10)

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey,DFU restoring is not THAT hard anyways,thanks for guide though,but i dont think I will use it anyways...))

It doesn't work for me. ZiPhone just says searching for iPhone, there is nothing else I can do. I am using the patched version, it does not work. I have Leopard, iPhone SDK Beta 5 installed, iPhone firmware beta 5 and iTunes 7.6.2 build 9.

Please help me.

I get 1015 when trying to restore to beta 4 from beta 5, ZiPhone can't find the iPhone, iLiberty+ and INdependence have all features grayed out. I hate my life right now .
    Last edited by The General; 2008-05-11 at 11:44 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^ Try rebooting the iPhone in DFU and then it will be recognized by ziphone. Then click boot iphone in normal mode. The reason you got error 1015 is because the baseband doesn't match the firmware version, but this really isnt an issue.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

How do I reboot in DFU mode? Is DFU mode the same as recovery mode?

It shows an itunes icon and a USB cable with an arrow. That is DFU mode, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    How do I reboot in DFU mode? Is DFU mode the same as recovery mode?

It shows an itunes icon and a USB cable with an arrow. That is DFU mode, isn't it?
    DFU Mode doesn't show anything....it actually looks like the iPhone/iPod Touch is turned off. The only way to tell if you're in DFU is if iTunes sees it yet the device looks like it's off.

Suposedly, the way to get to DFU is to have device connected to computer, hold both home and power buttons for exactly 10 seconds, then let go of power.

My timing is terrible, so I hold both buttons until the screen goes black. Then I release the power button while holding home. While holding the home button, I disconnect the dock connector, connect it, disconnect, then connect it once more.

Either way, the device looks like it's still off but iTunes says it detects the device in recovery mode.