Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Aspiring developer/entrepreneur

Default Aspiring developer/entrepreneur
    Hey guys!

The iphone scene sure is exciting righ about now. First of all if any one want to team up/work together or just want to build and learn off each other send me a private message. im new to developing but in the words of jay-z "im focused mann"-

i have a laptop pc and am looking to buy a mac especially for developing. im on a budget of 1500-2Gs and am looking at getting the mac mini with a compatible large flat screen tv. how do the mac minis perform? is it a good idea to go this route?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

That or get a macbook pro

well, any of the current mac or macbooks will do. for leopard I would advise to have 2GB of RAM. it will work with 1, but works significantly better with 2GB of RAM. besides that, you can buy a mac mini or a macbook/macbook pro if you might want to code on-the-go.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

BUTTTT just like the "new" iphone in june maybe, the mac books/pros are supposed to all ge re done :-/ so wait or dont thats up to you. i am though especialy with that weird email last night from them.

Don't think I would recommend a large screen TV as a development monitor - too low a resolution.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage