Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FrontPage - A new way to theme your homescreen

Quote Originally Posted by whataboutsarah View Post
    I've been trying to download Piano and keep coming up with that dreaded black screen with red writing in Cydia... Google searched for answers... Searched reddit..... Then the lightbulb moment "Oh yeah, I've got that already, for June's OPW app"
    This "OPW app" will soon be deleted as FrontPage has replaced it, also will be less confusing as IS2 is required and safemodes devices on iOS10. I'm not sure what red writing you are talking about.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2017-09-12 at 05:55 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I'm not sure what red writing you are talking about.
    When Cydia throws a Sum Mismatch or Posix error it's always in red. That's what he's talking about.

"Yes, I jailbreak" bigdaddy1182's Avatar
    Thanks

All it did was reload the theme. I'm still continually getting the white screen at least a few times a day and regardless if I'm on wifi or not.

Thanks

Question will the OPW's be ported to work with FrontPage.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    When Cydia throws a Sum Mismatch or Posix error it's always in red. That's what he's talking about.
    How do you know that's what she is talking about? FYI almost all errors that Cydia throws during installation will be in red. If you do not sign in my repo and try to download something the error will be red and will say you must sign in. There is multiple errors so saying that she saw hash sum mismatch or posix is just a shot in the dark.

Example.

Code:
    if ($isLogged == true) { //if user is logged in
         //other code, with even more errors that could be thrown
    }else{
    	error("403 You must sign in.");
    }
    The error, shown in red in Cydia.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2017-09-13 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1182 View Post
    All it did was reload the theme. I'm still continually getting the white screen at least a few times a day and regardless if I'm on wifi or not.
    Ok so it does what it needs? This is the whole reason I put the popup.

The popup is not needed anymore as I know that method gets called when this error happens. That is the whole reason for the popup. The reason for the refresh button is to see what happens after it is pressed. If you press the refresh button and it reloads the theme then what I have inside the method is good and I can remove the popup.

I will try to explain again. I cannot duplicate this issue. I put a popup in it so I can see if that method gets called when the webview has an error. If the popup shows press the refresh button. If the refresh button removes the white screen and the theme loads as normal I can remove the popup. I need to know this info though.

Question will the OPW's be ported to work with FrontPage.
    Nyx, Slide, iOSDroid, and Piano already have been so i'd say yes.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    How do you know that's what she is talking about? FYI almost all errors that Cydia throws during installation will be in red. If you do not sign in my repo and try to download something the error will be red and will say you must sign in. There is multiple errors so saying that she saw hash sum mismatch or posix is just a shot in the dark.

Example.

Code:
    if ($isLogged == true) { //if user is logged in
         //other code, with even more errors that could be thrown
    }else{
    error("403 You must sign in.");
    }
    The error, shown in red in Cydia.
    Ah.. you sounded like you didn't even know about red errors. But rather you were asking for a "specific" red error. I see now.

When I upgrade FrontPage to version 0.2.4 and when I load FrontPage my iPhone 7 Plus reboots.

However, when I downgrade back to version 0.2.3 it is fine.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Man these white screens are so damn aggravating!!! I loaded iosDroid and for ever time I either went into a Radom app or into safari and go back to home screen bam it's just a freakin white screen it did it for at consistently until I just gave up and disabled FtontPage altogether. Why can't FrontPage and the 7 plus get along no with each other???

Default FrontPage - A new way to theme your homescreen
    I have problems with the latest build with the iPhone 7Plus. Try to downgrade to an earlier build and try again.

Man these white screens are so damn aggravating!!! I loaded iosDroid and for ever time I either went into a Radom app or into safari and go back to home screen bam it's just a freakin white screen it did it for at consistently until I just gave up and disabled FtontPage altogether. Why can't FrontPage and the 7 plus get along no with each other???
    I haven't touched FP because i'm waiting on you or anyone with this issue to tell me if when the popup shows and you press reload does the white screen go away! I've asked this multiple times now.

I can't tell if the code I change, changes anything. I must rely on those who have the issue. So far there is only 3 people that talk to me and have this issue. 2 of them updated their phones. You're the only one left, but never told me if the button removes the white screen!

Here is the full convo. I mean if the popup shows and you press reload and the theme reloads then all I need to do is remove the popup and BAM no more white screen! Also this isn't just an iPhone 7 issue as the two others had issues one was on 9.3.3 and other had an iPhone6s

YOU

Hey June hope your birthday was an awesome one, just wanted to let you know that after using Piano for about 8hrs or so I got that damn white screen but I also got that popup error it said that the webview failed to load. So I hope this helps you in determining the issues with FP & the iPhone 7 plus. As always thanks so much for all you do for us in the community.

ME

The popup is good to see, but really need to now what happened after you pressed reload or refresh. (don't exactly remember what I named it).

YOU

ME

Ok so it does what it needs? This is the whole reason I put the popup.

The popup is not needed anymore as I know that method gets called when this error happens. That is the whole reason for the popup. The reason for the refresh button is to see what happens after it is pressed. If you press the refresh button and it reloads the theme then what I have inside the method is good and I can remove the popup.

I will try to explain again. I cannot duplicate this issue. I put a popup in it so I can see if that method gets called when the webview has an error. If the popup shows press the refresh button. If the refresh button removes the white screen and the theme loads as normal I can remove the popup. I need to know this info though.

YOU

Last edited by June'sIphone; 2017-09-15 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCube74 View Post
    When I upgrade FrontPage to version 0.2.4 and when I load FrontPage my iPhone 7 Plus reboots.

However, when I downgrade back to version 0.2.3 it is fine.

Any idea why?
    0.2.4 - Fixed weather on respring

Commit - https://github.com/JunesiPhone/Front...19245ba95f7db1

Seems to me you don't have a city set in Weather.app I would be curious to know if you have a city set in the weather app, if you have location services on, and if you have weather checked for always in location services.

Privacy/LocationServices
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2017-09-15 at 12:04 PM.

Screw it, removed the popup and just reloaded as I (THINK) this will work although no one has confirmed. If it doesn't fix the issue there is not much I can do unless someone is willing to test for me and give feedback one on one. It's on my repo.

Hi June so with The lädt Updates you give us is Fine for widgetinfo Perfect tyvm.
    FP i will not replicate white screen but if i Choose AE or Theme in Anemone i have icons on The screen and iwidget will work but FP Theme is not loading. After i make sleep Mode and unlock The phone FP Theme is loading Again

Hope i can help you to find The issues.
    After phone call The Same.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamIosThemeSupporter For This Useful Post:

TEK_2012 (2017-09-16)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamIosThemeSupporter View Post
    Hi June so with The lädt Updates you give us is Fine for widgetinfo Perfect tyvm.
    FP i will not replicate white screen but if i Choose AE or Theme in Anemone i have icons on The screen and iwidget will work but FP Theme is not loading. After i make sleep Mode and unlock The phone FP Theme is loading Again

Hope i can help you to find The issues.
    After phone call The Same.
    One of my best testers has this issue with the phone call. I've yet to replicate. It's so strange that the same phones act differently. I test on multiple devices and multiple firmwares. Testing the phone call was a pain in the butt as not all my test phones have cell service, but went through each one changing the sim, then using an online service to call the phone. I never could get FP to disappear after the call. Probably spent a good 4hrs doing this.

That being said I do not know the exact way this happens. There are so many questions from a developers side. Like was it a phone call that came in or a phone call that you sent. Was it initiated from the lockscreen or from the springboard. How long was the call. Also knowing the theme is needed because some are different. If I get exact steps on how to reproduce issues I can fix them, but if I can't reproduce then it's like putting a target at the end of the gun range and then turning the lights off. There is no way I can hit that target. I can fire all I want and may hit it by pure luck, but coding is not like that.

This reminds me of an issue when new apps are installed or apps are updated. When this happens the springboard refreshes it's views. Removing any foreign views. FP is foreign so it is removed. I could replicate and was an easy fix as soon as it refreshed I added the view again. This took me knowing when the refresh happened. Which was fairly easy because I knew it was when an app was installed or updated. That could be happening, but also as I mentioned before there is code that runs when the device is unlocked. Nyx and Slide utilize this function. So if the device is never unlocked the function never calls for them to fade in. That's the only two things I can think of. This is why you must lock/unlock. With the phone call it doesn't fit, unless the call comes in while the device is locked, then when the call ends it goes to the springboard. In this case the phone is never manually unlocked. Hmm. Now that I think of it that may be happening and I can't remember if I tested this when testing the call. Pretty sure I did but will test again. As far as anemone choosing AE maybe it's refreshing the full springboard? I seriously doubt it because mine doesn't.

Update: When a phone call comes in and it's answered it doesn't go to the springboard after. Sure most know this, but I really couldn't remember.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2017-09-15 at 11:58 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

TeamIosThemeSupporter (2017-09-16), whataboutsarah (2017-09-17)

Heya June,
    With Nyx, when the music widget screen is showing, are apps on the dock meant to be accessible?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by whataboutsarah View Post
    Heya June,
    With Nyx, when the music widget screen is showing, are apps on the dock meant to be accessible?
    Thanks!
    No they will not be accessible.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

whataboutsarah (2017-09-18)

Thanks

Hey can you share that weather widget or the whole theme? Looks amazing.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast