Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather Elements HD 6 Version late 2014

Quote Originally Posted by hoang4341 View Post
    Refer to post #19

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Steroc For This Useful Post:

hoang4341 (2014-12-24)

Now let's do a little handwork:

Copy via iFile the following file and folder:

/var/mobile/Library/WebClips/WeatherElements.webclip/Storage/Databases.db (file)
    /var/mobile/Library/WebClips/WeatherElements.webclip/Storage/file_0 (folder)

navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches choose "Create Link" to create a sym link - Now the database is ready to read the weather conditions.

Apple changed with the iPhone 6 / 6+ the file permissions - sometimes the database could be blank or will not be saved. So the permissions in the filesystem have to changed.

Navigate back to the folder "WeatherElemens.webclip:

open the file attribute:

Change the permissions like that: Owner / Group to "mobile", Access permissions for "user" "Group" "world" to "read - write - execute". Do this with all files and folders in the "WeatherElements.webclip" folder:

db.html
    Ordner Storage
    Ordner file__0
    Databases.db

If the database will be still blank or still not saved after a respring or reboot, change the permissions for the folder var/mobile/library in the same way like above.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mambak24 For This Useful Post:

hoang4341 (2014-12-24)

ok thanks all, it's worked

hi guys,

sorry for being so long away.

@bigdaddy: Yes, i noticed this with my hometown. sometimes a few hours there is no weather update. i#think it's not an issue / bug of the theme, cause other cities or location working fine.

@steroc: Did you solve your problems downloading the package? We checked the files - they are not corrupt or something. did you tried downloading on your pc and extract it?

@1hihum:

I've made a few changes in the animations: finding an older animations set with a wiper when it's raining or snow falls: pls test it:

Animations.zip

Now it seems they will working correct. Could you pls test it?

CU
    Zed
     iPhone 7 128GB @IOS 10.1.1  iPad air WiFi + Cellular 64GB @IOS 8.1  iMac 27" 3.2 GHz

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zed63 For This Useful Post:

Bassfour2011 (2015-03-27), hoang4341 (2015-01-04)

Mambak24,

Can I have your New York theme images?

hi folks,

i tried a little bit and made some changes to bring back "real feel" to the main screen:

replace the files from the little rar-file attached:

- db.html (var/mobile/library/WebClips/WeatherElements.webclip)
    - lockbackground.htm (library/themes/Weather Elements/)

- wallpaper.js
    - weather.js
    - translations.js
    - - > (library/themes/Weather Elements/private/scripts)

The original condition is "windchill" - but i think it's the same as "realfeel" or "feelslike" - so i prefer "feelslike". If the windspeed is "0" - there is no measurement for windchill. the Display will be "N/A". if you prefer "windchill" so edit the translations.js in the following line:

Code:
    translateObj.windchill = "Feels Like";
    into

Code:
    translateObj.windchill = "Wind Chill";
    BTW: there is a new Checkbox in the db.html for the New York Theme. to use it create a folder in library/themes/Weather Elements/private/Image/themes/ named "nyc" and copy the png into this Folder.

Have Fun !

CU
    Zed
    Attached Files Attached Files
     iPhone 7 128GB @IOS 10.1.1  iPad air WiFi + Cellular 64GB @IOS 8.1  iMac 27" 3.2 GHz

Zed,

For some reasons the clouds take a little longer then it took before changing this. Whenever there is Most Cloudy or overcast the clouds do show up about 30 or 50 seconds later.

Do you know where i can change the speed or something.

Thank you

i'm sorry - but i don't know why.

Take a look into the cloud.js files in the folder partlycloud/private/includes or cloud/private/includes. I think the changes must be made in this file to change the speed or the duration.

Good luck

CU
    Zed

Do you know where do i make those changes? Under what line and how should i change??

Quote Originally Posted by Zed63 View Post
    i'm sorry - but i don't know why.

Take a look into the cloud.js files in the folder partlycloud/private/includes or cloud/private/includes. I think the changes must be made in this file to change the speed or the duration.

Good luck

CU
    Zed

Thank you! I never thought I'd see an updated weather elements I followed the directions exactly and I didn't have the live animations until you posted the link for the zip file which I unarchived and then replaced the existing animations folder with the new one. Nice wipers too lol-image.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

now i just wish it would work with GL+

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    now i just wish it would work with GL+
    Yep - one of my most favorite old tweaks.. But don't think it's WW-based. Pretty sure only myLocation - which means Yahoo which means - dead in the water with GL+. If WW-based can be converted to GL+..

Is anyone else having a problem? Since I installed my phone crashes to safe mode a few times a day. I'm not sure how I could fix that. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

What type of phone and firmware? High animations cause crashing in GL that's why they developed GL+, but then you also run into many mods haven't converted to it

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    What type of phone and firmware? High animations cause crashing in GL that's why they developed GL+, but then you also run into many mods haven't converted to it
    iPhone 6 8.1.2 it's the only thing I use GL for. Hmmm maybe I'll just have to deal with it for the time being

Thanks

Ya like NewD says the 6 and 6+ don't handle high animations well, many go to GL+ to avoid it.

Thanks

Well Bassfour referred to 'safe mode crashing'. This isn't what high animation does to our phones.. Auto-respringing is what high animation causes and the only thing that GL+/GB+ can fix. SafeMode Crashing sounds like another problem on his phone.

Thanks

He said crashes into safe mode, so he had to restart his SB? Is that diff then?

Thanks

I think he just meant he had to hit the 'exit safe mode' button to leave safe mode, hence 'restarting his springboard'. A true auto respring caused by animation has nothing at all to do with safe mode. Safe modes, if they're happening, are not an issue that GL+/GB+ can fix. He has a tweak conflict or corrupt file issue there - if he's getting safe mode crashes.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-03-31 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks

Ah gotcha, it's been awhile since I switched, couldn't remember when I had issues whether it went into safe mode. Thanks Grant

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast