Page 75 of 614 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 12265

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

MAKING A DEB FILE ON A MAC:
    Download the latest version of Xcode from the Apple developer website or get it using the Mac App Store.

Once you have Xcode installed, open a terminal, run xcode-select --install, and click the Install button to install the required command line developer tools. Don't worry if you see a message telling you the software cannot be installed because it is not currently available from the Software Update Server. This usually means you already have the latest version installed.

Agree to Xcode license in Terminal: sudo xcodebuild -license

install MacPorts for your version of OS X:

Yosemite : https://distfiles.macports.org/MacPo...0-Yosemite.pkg

Mavericks: https://distfiles.macports.org/MacPo...-Mavericks.pkg

Mountain Lion: https://distfiles.macports.org/MacPo...untainLion.pkg

The easiest way to install MacPorts on a Mac OS X system is by downloading the dmg for Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion,and running the system's Installer by double-clicking on the pkg contained therein, following the on-screen instructions until completion.

This procedure will place a fully-functional and default MacPorts installation on your host system, ready for usage. If needed your shell configuration files will be adapted by the installer to include the necessary settings to run MacPorts and the programs it installs, but you may need to open a new shell for these changes to take effect.

At this point you should be ready to enjoy MacPorts!

In order to make deb packages you will need to install dpkg and its associated dependencies.

Open terminal:

cd /opt/local/bin enter

sudo port -v selfupdate enter

sudo port install dpkg enter

Wait it out, and when its done, You’ll be ready to make debs for iPhone installation
    here is a video showing these steps:
    MacPorts and dpkg - YouTube

NEXT:
    Install DS store remover from Mac App Store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ds-s...76237254?mt=12

— Create a folder on your desktop called MyProgram.

— Create folders called Applications and DEBIAN inside the MyProgram folder.

Note: I'm installing a program in this tutorial.All programs must go into the folder called Applications. This is because the contents of the Applications folder will be installed into the /Applications folder on the iPhone.
    — Now place your application into the Applications folder.
    — Go to the Applications folder on your Mac, and launch the program TextEdit.
    Verify the following preferences are set. In the New Document pane, check the box for Plain text.

In the Open and Save pane, uncheck the box for Add ".txt" extension to plain text files.

— Open a new file. Paste the following text into your file.

Maintainer: You.
    Name: Name of package.
    Package: Bundle identifier.
    Section: Where in Cydia it wil appear.
    Version: Package version.
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Description: Information about package.
    Sponsor: You. (Make sure to press return after this line. There must be a blank line under this entry!)
    — Place the control file in your MyProgram/DEBIAN folder.
    — Launch DS_Store_Cleaner. Drag your MyProgram folder into the program.

A message will appear confirming the deletion of the hidden .DS_Store files. Anytime you change the contents of your folders, these files are added. It is critical they be removed before generating the .deb file.

— On your Mac go to your Applications folder, then go into the Utilities folder. Launch the application called Terminal.

In the Terminal, enter the following:

cd /Users/your user name/Desktop Then press enter.

Enter the following into the Terminal:

dpkg-deb -b MyProgram Then press enter. There will be three warning messages about the user-defined fields website, name and sponsor. This is normal.

You will also see a file called MyProgram.deb was created, and placed on your desktop.

You can then rename the deb whatever you like.

Here is a video showing these steps

http://youtu.be/3-IWqmtRDUg

here is the completed deb file of Ian Nicholl’s Respring app:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/29hq79pct6...pring.deb?dl=0

REMEMBER TO CLOSE CYDIA FROM MULTITASKER BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL THE DEB. AND IF THE ICON DOESN’T SHOW ON YOUR SPRINGBOARD AFTER INSTALLATION, THEN SIMPLY REINSTALL IFILE FROM CYDIA, AS THIS WILL REGENERATE THE APPS LIST IN YOUR PHONE.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-28), Boots (2014-11-28), chevymusclecar (2014-11-28), Dacal (2014-11-28), Dexy88 (2014-12-01), dmick89 (2014-11-28), jawonder (2014-11-28), jm26200 (2014-11-29), Kazuyoshi (2014-11-28), King_O_Hill (2014-11-28), kristatos (2014-11-28), lostinthemes (2014-12-02), orangefreddie (2014-11-28), vXBaKeRXv (2014-11-29)

Myrepospace has a nice little deb maker that is very easy to use too!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Myrepospace has a nice little deb maker that is very easy to use too!
    That thing sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way simpler than the 4 page tutorial and downloading Xcode etc.

But to each their own. I do appreciate your time creating this.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

abbdc1 (2016-02-06), chevymusclecar (2014-11-28), Dacal (2014-11-28), kristatos (2014-11-28), MamaJaay (2014-11-28)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Way simpler than the 4 page tutorial and downloading Xcode etc.

But to each their own. I do appreciate your time creating this.
    Ian already has Xcode. Lol. He made an app.

And yes, the initial setup is a bit tedious. But once it's setup, it's literally only making a folder, creating a control file, and typing one command in terminal

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-28), Dacal (2014-11-28), King_O_Hill (2014-11-28), kristatos (2014-11-28), NewD (2014-11-28)

Much easier to do via cyberduck terminal and phone aswell imo.

Agree about myrepospace
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks so much MK for the detailed tutorial, very much appreciated girl.
    I already installed macports this morning in anticipation of your tut.
    Also learned about the command "sudo port install dpkg" but I was getting error about DEBIAN, didn't know you had to make the directories, so thanks again for this.

BTY, I'm re-doing my respring app, yesterday while messing with icons I realised the fast respring doesn't cut it for this as I never see my new icons till I empty the cache file, so now I have my respring app first clearing cache then respring, I think this is the way WinterBoard does it but just guessing because if I respring via WinterBoard the new icons take effect.

But we don't need to clear cache all the time so tomorrow I will make it an option, hit the respring icon, then we will get two options "Respring" or "Clear Cache then Respring".

I know the app is pretty pointless but I find it handy & I just did it for me, also helps the learning making little apps.

So one question for you, does this mean I can make any app I do in Xcode into a jailbreak tweak?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-28 at 07:13 PM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Dacal (2014-11-28), Dexy88 (2014-12-01), dmick89 (2014-11-29), kristatos (2014-11-28), MamaJaay (2014-11-28)

Default UniAW7
    You can make any app you make in Xcode installable via a deb, yes.

You would need something like theos or OpenDev (I prefer OpenDev - as it integrates into Xcode) to make a tweak. (Needing preference pane bundles, etc)

BUT you can make UniAW (or themes) a self installing deb,

You'd just change the Applications folder to "var/mobile/Library/GroovyLock" or "var/mobile/Library/Convergence" etc for lockscreen widgets.

"var/mobile/Library/SBHTML" for SB

"Library/Themes" for themes

Wherever you want the item to install, is the folder file system you place in the MyProgram folder.

Hope this helps

Also Ian, a pop up (or any choice) may not be necessary and it doesn't hurt anything to clear those caches out on a Respring.

Var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache
    And
    Var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.UIStatusBar

Are the only ones that need clearing and it's just as fast as a normal Respring

Last edited by MamaJaay; 2014-11-28 at 07:28 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-28), kristatos (2014-11-28)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Wow ! Thank you very much !

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-28), MamaJaay (2014-11-28)

Also Ian, a pop up (or any choice) may not be necessary and it doesn't hurt anything to clear those caches out on a Respring.
    And
    Then I'm doing something wrong cause mine adds on about 5 seconds to the respring time, I got to find out what WB uses, here's what I got:

Standard (fast) respring: system("killall SpringBoard");
    Clears all cache & respring: (5 seconds to wait before Apple logo appears for respring): system("uicache;killall SpringBoard"); And there is: "killall -HUP SpringBoard", not sure what this does but it's faster then the uicache way. This type of information is VERY difficult to source.

Do you know another way?

Thanks again.

PS, I'm quite surprised xCode doesn't give a compile error using these commands, it just gives a warning.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-28 at 08:13 PM.

Default UniAW7
    The HUP signal (historically the "hangup signal") is usually sent to a program to request that it restarts and re-reads all its configuration in the process.

I remember something about "killall backboardd SpringBoard". That may be more effective.

Last edited by MamaJaay; 2014-11-28 at 08:37 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-29)

You can make any app you make in Xcode installable via a deb, yes.

You would need something like theos or OpenDev (I prefer OpenDev - as it integrates into Xcode) to make a tweak. (Needing preference pane bundles, etc)

BUT you can make UniAW (or themes) a self installing deb,

You'd just change the Applications folder to "var/mobile/Library/GroovyLock" or "var/mobile/Library/Convergence" etc for lockscreen widgets.

"var/mobile/Library/SBHTML" for SB

"Library/Themes" for themes

Wherever you want the item to install, is the folder file system you place in the MyProgram folder.

Hope this helps

And

You can use terminal to create a deb for themes (without Xcode). Here is how I do it.

Create a folder named with any name. Inside that folder create a folder named DEBIAN. Inside DEBIAN create a file called control.

-control file.
    Package: com.macciti.agltheme
    Name: A GroovyLock Theme
    Version: 1.0
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Depends: groovylock
    Description: Example description.
    Maintainer: iC <apt@macciti.com>
    Author: JunesiPhone <street.visions@yahoo.com>
    Section: Addons (GroovyLock)
    Depiction: url to your depiction
    tag: cydia::commercial

You can also create a file named postinst, but is not needed. I use this to change permissions of directories after the deb is installed. For example when you install a theme to groovylock that folders permissions need to be changed so GL can write a new config file based on the user options.

-postinst
    #!/bin/sh
    chmod 0777 /var/mobile/Library/GroovyLock/yourtheme
    exit 0

You have a folder with the DEBIAN folder inside it. Now add your GL theme to that folder (not the DEBIAN folder but main folder). GL installs to var/mobile/Library/GroovyLock/ You will need to create each of these folders then add your theme to the GroovyLock Folder.

So you have a folder, inside that folder you have DEBIAN and var. Inside DEBIAN you have your control and postinst. Inside var you have mobile, inside mobile you have Library, inside Library you have GroovyLock, inside GroovyLock you have your theme.

Now just place this folder in your phone, go to terminal and type dpkg -b the name and location of your folder. That's it, deb created.
    Example if your folder is named agltheme in var/mobile. Then use dpkg -b var/mobile/agltheme

If you receive an error. "control directory has bad permissions 777 (must be >=0755 and <=0775)"

Just change the permissions of the folder. To do this use chmod -R 0755 /var/mobile/agltheme

I had to do this with LBEvo as I created folder to save/created files to which needed read/write permissions. The control file information is used by your repo manager to add depictions, sections, depends and so on. So I wouldn't recommend submitting to a repo like this, but good for files you send to people to install. They can also easily uninstall it from cydia.

To install ipa's there is no need to create a deb. Just download App Sync unified (repo: Home :: Karen's Pineapple Repo) on your phone. Download iFunBox on your pc/mac and click install app.

Example Package

Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-11-29 at 04:06 AM.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-29), chevymusclecar (2014-11-29), dmick89 (2014-11-29), Hip5 (2014-11-29), jawonder (2014-11-29), kristatos (2014-11-29), lostinthemes (2014-12-02), RKO1195 (2014-11-29), vXBaKeRXv (2014-11-29)

Excellent, thanks June!

Would you know the method WB uses to respring? Will MJ's "killall backboardd SpringBoard" do what I want? (icon changes take effect).
    I know killall springboard just kills SB and killall backboardd kills all running processes including SB, but will this let icon changes take effect?
    uicache does what I want but it takes too long, not like WB respring.

Thank.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2014-11-29)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Excellent, thanks June!

Would you know the method WB uses to respring? Will MJ's "killall backboardd SpringBoard" do what I want? (icon changes take effect).
    I know killall springboard just kills SB and killall backboardd kills all running processes including SB, but will this let icon changes take effect?
    uicache does what I want but it takes too long, not like WB respring.

Thank.
    I used [[SpringBoard sharedApplication] _relaunchSpringBoardNow] on iOS7. When I read up about it, they said it was the "correct" way to respring. I will look for the article. I'm not sure what exactly WB does.

https://gist.github.com/kirb/6149827

Just a quick look at the source code. Shows he removes a cache file.

system("rm -rf /User/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache");

system("killall -9 lsd");
    system("killall SpringBoard backboardd");

gitweb.saurik.com Git - winterboard.git/commitdiff
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-11-29 at 04:45 AM.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-29), chevymusclecar (2014-11-29), kristatos (2014-11-29), RKO1195 (2014-11-29)

Yea this is the way I make mine is in terminal or on the phone

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-29), chevymusclecar (2014-11-29), RKO1195 (2014-11-29)

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I used [[SpringBoard sharedApplication] _relaunchSpringBoardNow] on iOS7. When I read up about it, they said it was the "correct" way to respring. I will look for the article. I'm not sure what exactly WB does.

https://gist.github.com/kirb/6149827

Just a quick look at the source code. Shows he removes a cache file.

system("rm -rf /User/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache");

system("killall -9 lsd");
    system("killall SpringBoard backboardd");

gitweb.saurik.com Git - winterboard.git/commitdiff
    Interesting, I never look at my "usage" data but I guess some do.
    Who would have thought there was so many different ways. From my searching on the net - as far as I can see the only 2 things that would make icon changes take effect when you respring was WB and the respring toggle in SBSettings.

Anyway, page 75 of this board will be bookmarked for a long time LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Interesting, I never look at my "usage" data but I guess some do.
    Who would have thought there was so many different ways. From my searching on the net - as far as I can see the only 2 things that would make icon changes take effect when you respring was WB and the respring toggle in SBSettings.

Anyway, page 75 of this board will be bookmarked for a long time LOL.
    I personally don't either, but it seems some are obsessed with it:P Honestly I believe any type of respring should replace icon images, as every time you respring winterboard goes through each image that is loaded. You can see with WBDebug on. Has anyone mentioned their icons aren't changing with your respring method? I'd say if anything the status bar images may not change.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-29)

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I personally don't either, but it seems some are obsessed with it:P Honestly I believe any type of respring should replace icon images, as every time you respring winterboard goes through each image that is loaded. You can see with WBDebug on. Has anyone mentioned their icons aren't changing with your respring method? I'd say if anything the status bar images may not change.
    No, nobody say anything, just me, and probably not worth worrying about, just wanted to save me going through WB to respring when I change an icon in my theme bundles folder. Before, sometimes even WB respring wouldn't make the change & we had to empty the icon cache file on the phone, but now with the new code from sauric surely this will not be the case.

My app is only made for IOS7 & 8, so no need for killall backboardd.

I think this is what I'm after: (or I might just copy all of them )
    system("rm -rf /User/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache");
    Thanks again.

EDIT:

Added all of sauric's methods, now works fine, it add's only about 1 second onto a normal killall springboard way.
    Thanks again June (and sauric).
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-29 at 06:50 AM.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-11-29), chevymusclecar (2014-11-29), jm26200 (2014-11-29), June'sIphone (2014-11-29), RKO1195 (2014-11-29)

Great job! Great to know you are still rocking, Bro Ian!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lao3hero For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-29), chevymusclecar (2014-11-29), RKO1195 (2014-11-29)

Page 75 of 614 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast