Page 72 of 614 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 12265

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 674 Posts

On the ip6 for some reason I can not get the Icon sets to change all that shows are the Gold I tried them all an I am sure of my spelling tried reboots and restring and cleaning with Icleaner pro. Any thoughts?

Later,@HIP5

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Thanks June, very interesting & helpful.

Yes I want to run it as root, perfect, it's like I can make JB apps on Xcode (which I think many people do, especially the bigger apps).

Many many thanks again for that link, my head is filling with idea's now.

And I just found what I have been looking for for weeks, looking through my header files: "PrivateFrameworks/Weather.framework/City.h" header file, now I know where WW2.0 get's all the info from.
    Should have asked I created a GL or Cydget to pull these exact details in iOS7 (posted on mmi somewhere). Compared to weather.com, the info wasn't accurate enough for me. Reason I would rather get lat and long, and just use my own weather service.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    Hi Ian,

cant find that city.h file, only here I can find it:
    iPhone 8.0 Headers
    The only way you would find it (if you are looking on the device) is if you dumped the headers. Ian found it as he is building an app, and can see files before they are compiled.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-26)

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post
    Hey Ian, Is there any plans/way to have the fullscreen weatherwalls in the iwidget? I know you can have in the SMHTML, but there is no touch forecast in that.

TIA
    You could run animations only on SB and clock / weather info as an iWidget.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post
    Hey Ian, Is there any plans/way to have the fullscreen weatherwalls in the iwidget? I know you can have in the SMHTML, but there is no touch forecast in that.
    TIA
    They are still in the iWidget but disabled via javascript so nobody can use them.
    Remember iWidget sits on top of your icons, (that's why we can get the touch function) so if you used weatherwalls (or any other wallpaper) in iWidget it would cover all your icons on that page rendering them useless.

Only way around this is to do what I do, run 2 UniAW's - one as iWidget & one in SBHTML, but the SBHTML one is configured (via the Config.js file) to just show Wallpapers, i.e. WeatherAnimations off (disables all weather animations) & AnimationsOnly on (disables all other info), then choose either TimedWalls or WeatherWalls.

===========================

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Hi,

RC5 link updated to correct orangefreddie issue with NaN values (Thx Ian).

For iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 6 & 6Plus, IOS 7 & 8.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uh16shdwc2...theme.zip?dl=0

Still a beta version, but must work on iOS7 (WW1) and iOS8 (WW2).

ATB,
    David
    Just bumping this.

=========================

For your info:
    The bug in IOS8 also effects the iPhone 4S a lot (as I suspected it would), if weather is rain = respiring loop. So no animations for me on my 4S, but no biggie, all good on iph5.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-26 at 04:56 AM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2014-11-26), King_O_Hill (2014-11-26), kristatos (2014-11-26), orangefreddie (2014-11-26), Splatty79 (2014-11-26)

Quote Originally Posted by Hip5 View Post
    On the ip6 for some reason I can not get the Icon sets to change all that shows are the Gold I tried them all an I am sure of my spelling tried reboots and restring and cleaning with Icleaner pro. Any thoughts?

Later,@HIP5
    There are multiple configs I believe. You change correct one?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Hip5 View Post
    Later,@HIP5
    Works fine, Config.js for LS & SB, for iWidget the choice is in the settings window when you are adding the widget so you would first have to remove the iWidget then re-apply with the you chosen icon set form the settings.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27), kristatos (2014-11-26)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    @june: firstly, nice use of paragraphs!! Yeah. I get the reason for its use... I just think that he could have left the option and then he gets pissed off at coolstar for this ThemeLib Thing... Saying (essentially) that winterboard will only theme what HE deems it should theme... Which is his prerogative, but most people want more. And he's becoming more and more a dictator every day.

Just irks me.

HTML in WB was just easy. It just worked... And if he didn't intend to update that, he never should have added it, in my opinion. It's one thing to tell people "no" it's another thing to give it to them for years and then just take it away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tomorrow you should have HTML and Wallpaper support with ThemeLib It's not winterboard, but will act pretty much the same way. Pretty interesting, I also received a newer version of WB that themes UI, brings back winterboard debug for .car files, and records UIImages.

https://twitter.com/ThemeLib_iOS/sta...42342417592320

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-26), Dacal (2014-11-26), Hip5 (2014-11-27), kristatos (2014-11-26), lostinthemes (2014-11-27), MamaJaay (2014-11-26)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Default UniAW7
    Yep, the winterboard update is live. It sounds like it can do what Themelib is doing but maybe not all. Seems redundant now but any update to any tweak is welcomed.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-11-26 at 01:45 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27), jawonder (2014-11-26), orangefreddie (2014-11-26)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Default UniAW7
    ThemeLib can be uninstalled now.

But Saurik, in his inimitable arrogance has chosen to take away the standalone app on our springboards. WinterBoard after the update now only exists in the preference settings. With no respring button. Such a stupid move.

But nice to have our UI back!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27)

There is a respring button once you make changes as always.

Also ThemeLib isn't redundant if you want everything themed via wb some stuff Saurik isn't touching.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27), kristatos (2014-11-26), NewD (2014-11-26)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Good to know. Didn't know for sure that's why I said maybe not all. Redundant in the sense that they seem to both cover some similar grounds. Like the preference icons for example. Unless I'm missing something.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27)

Well I would imagine ThemeLib will remove what wb covers and hopefully covers what wb doesn't.

ThemeLib is simply just a wb plugin not an alternative
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27), NewD (2014-11-26)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Yes, I'm very excited about this project. Matts tweak, Equinox, was doing what Themelib is doing but without the need for a respring. I'm glad others have taken an interest in filling in the gaps and limitations of Winterboard. Everybody wins this way.

Don't know what came first though. I know this seemed to get started after Matt open sourced his tweak that allowed theming .car files.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-11-26 at 03:09 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27), RKO1195 (2014-11-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MrTh3m3s's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think saying he's becoming more like a dictator each time is fair. He's given us a platform for great tweaks and themes and also made Winterboard so ultimately if he wishes to remove an app that basically just makes it "easier" for people to change themes directly from springboard its his choice and we should all respect his decision.

The settings panel is all that's needed in my opinion, yes your also entitled to your opinion but to say he's becoming like a dictator is highly disrespectful I think and not constructive in any way shape or form.

He's updating Winterboard which is what everyone bloody wanted and yet people are still criticising him, you can't please everyone now a days. He has his reasons and we should respect his decision whether we like it or not. It's his to adjust anyway he sees fit.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrTh3m3s For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27), Krima (2014-11-26), oldskoolsk8r (2014-11-26)

Hey guy's, what are ye all saying? What does the WB update do? Does is support HTML again?
    Sorry I'm stupid, never heard of Themelib either!

Edit, oh I see no .html support, ah well. So what exactly is new?
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-26 at 03:22 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (2014-11-27)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Hey guy's, what are ye all saying? What does the WB update do? Does is support HTML again?
    Themelib lets you theme the Asset.car files and now winterboard does as well. This allows for status bar images, volume hub, preferences, etc to be themed like before. Saurik said he will never add HTML support to winterboard

You need to add https://coolstar.org/publicrepo/ in Cydia to download Themelib. ThemeLib seems to be more versatile and looks like it will be adding more and more things to it. You still need Winterboard though.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-11-26 at 03:26 PM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-26), Hip5 (2014-11-27), kristatos (2014-11-26)

Winterboard update
    : Winterboard update for iOS8!!

ThemeLib is a WinterBoard extension. It will basically theme anything that has nothing to do with core asset replacement. The thought Coolstar had was why have Classic Badge (themes the badges), Classic Dock (themes the dock), Classic Clock (themes the clock hands and all), etc and why not put it all in one tool. Which is what become ThemeLib.

Saurik has been working on Winterboard to support car using Matchstics Equinox concept. When he found out what ThemeLib was doing he realized that Coolstars method was much better, and implemented it directly into WB. He says "improved version of the coolstar .car file technique". So in the end winterboard will theme all the core asset replacement stuff, and Themelib will do the rest of the odd ball stuff including html in WB.

I believe (after talking with saurik) he doesn't want to implement these "hacks" to theme everything with winterboard. He regrets adding html as now it would be a complete hack to re-implement. Same goes for theming the badges, clock hands etc. Instead of doing what the OS does, ThemeLib takes the coded shape and adds an actual image in replace of it. You can view the source code here.

https://github.com/coolstar/themelib
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-11-26 at 03:32 PM.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-26), dmick89 (2014-11-26), Hip5 (2014-11-27), jawonder (2014-11-26), kristatos (2014-11-26), lostinthemes (2014-11-27), MamaJaay (2014-11-26), menard_00 (2014-11-26), oldskoolsk8r (2014-11-26), SHARON1O (2014-11-27), TiLT1oNE (2014-11-26)

Thanks

Way to to one up me June with all this accurate and more detailed information. What a ******.

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Winterboard update
    : Winterboard update for iOS8!!

ThemeLib is a WinterBoard extension. It will basically theme anything that has nothing to do with core asset replacement. The thought Coolstar had was why have Classic Badge (themes the badges), Classic Dock (themes the dock), Classic Clock (themes the clock hands and all), etc and why not put it all in one tool. Which is what become ThemeLib.

Saurik has been working on Winterboard to support car using Matchstics Equinox concept. When he found out what ThemeLib was doing he realized that Coolstars method was much better, and implemented it directly into WB. He says "improved version of the coolstar .car file technique". So in the end winterboard will theme all the core asset replacement stuff, and Themelib will do the rest of the odd ball stuff including html in WB.

I believe (after talking with saurik) he doesn't want to implement these "hacks" to theme everything with winterboard. He regrets adding html as now it would be a complete hack to re-implement. Same goes for theming the badges, clock hands etc. Instead of doing what the OS does, ThemeLib takes the coded shape and adds an actual image in replace of it. You can view the source code here.

https://github.com/coolstar/themelib
    Thanks alot June for the words, I wish I had your coding skills Does I need ThemeLib now after the wB update?

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    Thanks alot June for the words, I wish I had your coding skills Does I need ThemeLib now after the wB update?
    It will be useful. As it themes badges and other things.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-26), Hip5 (2014-11-27), jawonder (2014-11-26), orangefreddie (2014-11-26), TiLT1oNE (2014-11-26)

Page 72 of 614 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172572 ... LastLast