Page 67 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 12259

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW7

  1. #1321
    Well,

    I can run the iPhone 5 version on my 6+ on the LS and the SB at the same time with all animations on and no resprings. (I actually get one respring when I first apply it, then it works with none)

    If I run the iPhone 6+ version on my SB and a no animation widget on my LS (had it on for the full day yesterday) got about 6 resprings.

    If I run the 6+ version on the LS and no widget on my SB my iPhone makes more springs than a Slinky Factory
    (had to SSH into the respringing loop iPhone, got in, and deleted UniAW from the phone to stop the resprings)

    Interesting to me that the iPhone 5 versions are stable on the 6+.

    For anyone reading this who is not familiar with the issue, this seems to be a 6+ issue, and NOT a UniAW7 issue. So don't hold it against Ian and the team. They have made an amazing product!
    Last edited by orangefreddie; 2014-11-24 at 05:13 PM.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

    Boots (2014-11-25), Dacal (2014-11-24), kristatos (2014-11-24), Marty McFly (2014-11-24), NewD (2014-11-25)

  3. #1322
    Ian,

    SD did mention before that he was just using a simple CHMOD -r 0777 command. But I will grab your post and ask him for sure.

    Brian

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-24)

  5. #1323
    Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    Well,

    I can run the iPhone 5 version on my 6+ on the LS and the SB at the same time with all animations on and no resprings. (I actually get one respring when I first apply it, then it works with none)

    If I run the iPhone 6+ version on my SB and a no animation widget on my LS (had it on for the full day yesterday) got about 6 resprings.

    If I run the 6+ version on the LS and no widget on my SB my iPhone makes more springs than a Slinky Factory
    (had to SSH into the respringing loop iPhone, got in, and deleted UniAW from the phone to stop the resprings)

    Interesting to me that the iPhone 5 versions are stable on the 6+.

    For anyone reading this who is not familiar with the issue, this seems to be a 6+ issue, and NOT a UniAW7 issue. So don't hold it against Ian and the team. They have made an amazing product!
    To be honest there isn't that much difference! Sure there are adjustments made but the major difference is that all things are scaled up for the 6 & 6Plus and it's possible this way is not the best!

    The correct way is to re-do the weather animations via their .js files * css files (which might be done already, haven't checked what Dacal did yet LOL..) and also remake ALL images in the correct sizes so we don't scale anything in the widget.

    As you can guess this is a big job because of the amount of images (wallpapers, timed walls, slideshow & clock images) but I will get around to it one day.

    All images should be exactly double their coded size in css for iPhone 6 and 3 times the size for the 6 plus, so the UniAW correctly done for all phones in one would be a huge size, but for testing purposes I could do a standalone 6 plus version. Or we supply the images folder separate from the widget & you just use the correct "Images" folder from the 3 available (iph4/5, iph6 & iph6 plus).

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ian,

    SD did mention before that he was just using a simple CHMOD -r 0777 command. But I will grab your post and ask him for sure.

    Brian
    Thanks King, it's really weird as all permissions are the same on both phones, but on 7.1.2 it's the "mobile" folder I can't get past, on 7.0.6 all is good.
    Not really that important as it's just done for my learning purposes but would be interested to know how SD does it.

    BTY, I got no clue what "CHMOD -r 0777" is, don't think this can be used in Xcode.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-24 at 05:39 PM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    bliken (2014-11-24), King_O_Hill (2014-11-24)

  7. #1324
    That's old school Unix right there.

    Damn, now I'm really showing my age!

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-24)

  9. #1325
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    To be honest there isn't that much difference! Sure there are adjustments made but the major difference is that all things are scaled up for the 6 & 6Plus and it's possible this way is not the best!

    The correct way is to re-do the weather animations via their .js files * css files (which might be done already, haven't checked what Dacal did yet LOL..) and also remake ALL images in the correct sizes so we don't scale anything in the widget.

    As you can guess this is a big job because of the amount of images (wallpapers, timed walls, slideshow & clock images) but I will get around to it one day.

    All images should be exactly double their coded size in css for iPhone 6 and 3 times the size for the 6 plus, so the UniAW correctly done for all phones in one would be a huge size, but for testing purposes I could do a standalone 6 plus version. Or we supply the images folder separate from the widget & you just use the correct "Images" folder from the 3 available (iph4/5, iph6 & iph6 plus).
    Hi Ian,

    I appreciate the reply. Would be awesome to rock this on my 6+ on the LS and SB, but it is what it is, and Apple's fault for cutting corners on the RAM. 1GB is obviously not enough. Oh well. Your widget is still incredible.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-24), bliken (2014-11-24), Boots (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-24)

  11. #1326
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    That's old school Unix right there.

    Damn, now I'm really showing my age!
    Change mode to read/write/Execute? something like that I think?

    Turns out you can do this in Xcode:
    @{NSFilePosixPermissions: @0777}
    Could you ask SD's advice?
    Thanks pal.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-24 at 05:51 PM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-24)

  13. #1327
    Hey Ian,

    Ran into a little issue this morning.

    My balloons are 'stuck' in the top left corner. They were flying around just fine yesterday, but as of this morning they are not. The weather is still animated and the full screen stuff (like frost) is still animated. But not the balloons.

    Only thing I can think of is that I have no "wind" to push them... LOL

    Also worth noting, I completely deleted UniAW from my phone, redownloaded the .zip, reloaded all into my phone, and then just loaded the iWidget up 'stock' not changing any settings and it still has stuck balloons.


  14. #1328
    Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    Hey Ian,

    Ran into a little issue this morning.

    My balloons are 'stuck' in the top left corner. They were flying around just fine yesterday, but as of this morning they are not. The weather is still animated and the full screen stuff (like frost) is still animated. But not the balloons.

    Only thing I can think of is that I have no "wind" to push them... LOL

    Also worth noting, I completely deleted UniAW from my phone, redownloaded the .zip, reloaded all into my phone, and then just loaded the iWidget up 'stock' not changing any settings and it still has stuck balloons.

    Thx. I think i know why. Can you post your xml file please ?


    My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-24), King_O_Hill (2014-11-24), orangefreddie (2014-11-24)

  16. #1329
    Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    Hey Ian,

    Ran into a little issue this morning.

    My balloons are 'stuck' in the top left corner. They were flying around just fine yesterday, but as of this morning they are not. The weather is still animated and the full screen stuff (like frost) is still animated. But not the balloons.

    Only thing I can think of is that I have no "wind" to push them... LOL

    Also worth noting, I completely deleted UniAW from my phone, redownloaded the .zip, reloaded all into my phone, and then just loaded the iWidget up 'stock' not changing any settings and it still has stuck balloons.
    Is that iph5? Looks like you got problem with your xml file, the balloons rely on wind info now so without it things will go wrong!

    EDIT: Dacal beat me. LOL..

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (2014-11-24), King_O_Hill (2014-11-24), orangefreddie (2014-11-24)

  18. #1330
    A problem with WW2 i think . Sometimes some values are null on the feed, same as on your stock weather app btw. I must write a little something for that. On ww1, when a value is missing (not often), it returns nothing, so equal to zero. On ww2, it returns a null value.


    My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

  19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-24), Hip5 (2014-11-24), King_O_Hill (2014-11-24), kristatos (2014-11-24), orangefreddie (2014-11-24), RKO1195 (2014-11-25)

  20. #1331
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    A problem with WW2 i think . Sometimes some values are null on the feed, same as on your stock weather app btw. I must write a little something for that. On ww1, when a value is missing (not often), it returns nothing, so equal to zero. On ww2, it returns a null value.
    Do you remember my NaN code I had ages ago? Might come in handy here.

    Code:
    if (isNaN(moonseth) && isNaN(moonriseh)) {
    
    }
    I used it in 6.4 because sometimes the moonrise/set times were previous/next day and in this case showed NaN.

    I know it's not a true fix but it could easily fix visibility & windspeed till WW2 issue is solved, just make them zero instead of NaN.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-24 at 06:54 PM.

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (2014-11-24), Hip5 (2014-11-24), King_O_Hill (2014-11-24), kristatos (2014-11-24), orangefreddie (2014-11-24)

  22. #1332
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Thx. I think i know why. Can you post your xml file please ?
    Is it the map.xml in the WidgetWeather folder that you're looking for?

  23. #1333
    Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    Is it the map.xml in the WidgetWeather folder that you're looking for?
    widgetweather.xml from var/mobile/Documents folder, zip it up & post it here.

    If it's like Dacal says - sometimes in some weather conditions data is missing, the next time all is working good, copy your widgetweather.xml file into the UniAW7 folder, then in the config file switch var XML_TEST = true;
    It will then use your xml file from the UniAW7 folder, your weather will be out of date by a mile though LOL.. but maybe better than having it stuck all day!
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-24 at 07:01 PM.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (2014-11-24), Hip5 (2014-11-24), King_O_Hill (2014-11-24), kristatos (2014-11-24), orangefreddie (2014-11-24)

  25. #1334

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-24), Dacal (2014-11-24)

  27. #1335
    Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    Wow, what a messy xml file! No formatting this time Brian? Could do with a few hundred <BR>'s in there LOL..
    Anyway seems many things are "null", don't know why, did you try the refresh button in WW2 settings? I don't have WW2 so not so easy to advise you pal.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-24 at 07:10 PM.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-24), orangefreddie (2014-11-24)

  29. #1336
    Default UniAW7
    Still in beta bro!

    I'll add it to the list, just for you buddy!

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-24)

  31. #1337
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Wow, what a messy xml file! No formatting this time Brian? Could do with a few hundred <BR>'s in there LOL..
    Anyway seems many things are "null", don't know why, did you try the refresh button in WW2 settings? I don't have WW2 so not so easy to advise you pal.
    If all I have to do is go to settings>widgetweather>extra settings>force refresh and switch on and off without a respring... (I actually resprung anyways, because it feels wrong to not have to ) then yes, I did.

  32. #1338
    Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    If all I have to do is go to settings>widgetweather>extra settings>force refresh and switch on and off without a respring... (I actually resprung anyways, because it feels wrong to not have to ) then yes, I did.
    Hang tight, maybe I have temp fix for you.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-24), orangefreddie (2014-11-24)

  34. #1339
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hang tight, maybe I have temp fix for you.
    I can live for a while without a fix... I lived all through iOS 7 not knowing about this amazing widget... and it would have been stable on my 5s too. Don't rush on my account.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-24), King_O_Hill (2014-11-24)

  36. #1340
    Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    I can live for a while without a fix... I lived all through iOS 7 not knowing about this amazing widget... and it would have been stable on my 5s too. Don't rush on my account.
    Ok here is the fix, note this code will only run if the data is missing from the xml file, if so then I just make up some data so won't be accurate.

    In the main.js file, near the end, look for this code:

    Code:
    var h=0;
    	$(data).find('hour').each( function() {
    		obj.htemp[h] = $(this).find('temp').text();
    		obj.hcode[h] = $(this).find('code').text();
    		obj.hpop[h] = Math.round($(this).find('percentprecipitation').text());	
    		obj.time24hour[h] = hmstring($(this).find('time24hour').text().split(':')[0]*1 + $(this).find('time24hour').text().split(':')[1]/60 + GMT);
    		h++;
    	});
    
    	// WORKAROUND FOR NULL TEMP
    	if (isNaN(obj.high[0])) { obj.high[0] = "--"; }
    		
    	// WORKAROUND FOR CURRENT CODE IS NULL
    	if (obj.icon == "null" || obj.icon == 3200) {
    		obj.icon = obj.hcode[0];
    	}

    Now add the following code in red right above // WORKAROUND FOR NULL TEMP:


    Code:
    var h=0;
    	$(data).find('hour').each( function() {
    		obj.htemp[h] = $(this).find('temp').text();
    		obj.hcode[h] = $(this).find('code').text();
    		obj.hpop[h] = Math.round($(this).find('percentprecipitation').text());	
    		obj.time24hour[h] = hmstring($(this).find('time24hour').text().split(':')[0]*1 + $(this).find('time24hour').text().split(':')[1]/60 + GMT);
    		h++;
    	});
    	
    		// Workaround for missing data
    	
    	if (isNaN(windspeed)) {
    	obj.windspeed = 1;
    	}
    	if (isNaN(visibility)) {
    	obj.visibility = 30;
    	}
    	if (isNaN(obj.realFeel)) {
    	obj.realFeel = 0;
    	}
    	if (isNaN(obj.direction)) {
    	obj.direction = 360;
    	}
    
    	// WORKAROUND FOR NULL TEMP
    	if (isNaN(obj.high[0])) { obj.high[0] = "--"; }
    		
    	// WORKAROUND FOR CURRENT CODE IS NULL
    	if (obj.icon == "null" || obj.icon == 3200) {
    		obj.icon = obj.hcode[0];
    	}
    Problem is now you won't know when widget weather is playing up LOL.. maybe I should have made the text red or something!
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-24 at 08:02 PM.

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2016-08-17), Dacal (2014-11-24), King_O_Hill (2014-11-24), RKO1195 (2014-11-25)

Page 67 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •