Page 64 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164564 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 12259

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Last I read on the ram issue is that Apple has switched ram manufacturers based on bad ram for the 6+. It also sounds like there might be some kind of recall too. But who knows for sure.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

bliken (2014-11-22), Hip5 (2014-11-23), kristatos (2014-11-22), lostinthemes (2014-11-22)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Last I read on the ram issue is that Apple has switched ram manufacturers based on bad ram for the 6+. It also sounds like there might be some kind of recall too. But who knows for sure.
    I read the same....not sure if it will be a full recall or just those that come in with issues. I wish we could just add more RAM instead

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-11-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    We are waiting for WidgetWeather2.0 because at this time I think UniAW7 needs some modifications to work with it, to be honest I'm not sure whats going on with WW2.0 and am seriously thinking about removing it from UniAW and going back to gps or WOEID only.
    No need for a rash move bro. UniAW7 is working great w/WW2.0 (beta) for me daily. Dacal and Stephen are doing a brilliant job of backward compatibility. Just a little while now. Fear not! UniAW7 will be a centerpiece of the WW2.0 launch. Soooo worth the wait, everyone. 😄👍
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I actually made a "Location" app (not Cydia) but I'm just learning atm, currently the app when opened, you press a "Get My Location" button, this then displays your coordinates on screen AND also writes them to a file called "location.txt" in var/mobile/Documents, so it's a kinda "on demand" location app, but this way it doesn't use any battery. When you close the app the widget will update at it's next update interval (20 seconds).

At present it displays the coordinates in the text file like this:
    So tomorrow I will get it formatted correctly, same like the "MyLocation" app does.
    I quite like the idea of "on demand gps" and it's compatible with IOS7.0 through 8.1.1

The other thing is it's extremely sensitive, move your phone 3ft and you will get new coordinates
    Oh Ian, I have been SOO wanting a tweak like you've created there. Asked 3 devs for something like it over the last 6mos.. All declined - too busy. Can you please send an ole pal your tweak.. 🙏 PM me bro.. Already have a widget I want to test the on demand feature with.

But WW2.0's sensitivity is off the charts. I can walk around my house and see the coordinates in my UltLocation iWidget update! 😜

But please send me on your new creation.. Thx!
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-11-22 at 05:25 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

bliken (2014-11-22), kristatos (2014-11-22), lostinthemes (2014-11-22), Marty McFly (2014-11-23)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    I read the same....not sure if it will be a full recall or just those that come in with issues. I wish we could just add more RAM instead
    I think I read the problem is only with 128GB, 64GB iPhone 6+ models. I Might be wrong. But I got a 64gb 6+ last week and I am kind of pissed off that it can`t run little bird gifs and there is the odd respring I guess due to animations. My 5s runs perfect. I feel like getting rid of it and exchange it for a 6.

EDIT

Here`s an article.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ght=NAND+flash
    Last edited by signori; 2014-11-22 at 05:35 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-11-22), kristatos (2014-11-22)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    No need for a rash move bro. UniAW7 is working great w/WW2.0 (beta) for me daily. Dacal and Stephen are doing a brilliant job of backward compatibility. Just a little while now. Fear not! UniAW7 will be a centerpiece of the WW2.0 launch. Soooo worth the wait, everyone. ����
    Oh Ian, I have been SOO wanting a tweak like you've created there. Asked 3 devs for something like it over the last 6mos.. All declined - too busy. Can you please send an ole pal your tweak.. �� PM me bro.. Already have a widget I want to test the on demand feature with.

But WW2.0's sensitivity is off the charts. I can walk around my house and see the coordinates in my UltLocation iWidget update! ��

But please send me on your new creation.. Thx!
    Hi Grant,

There is actually 2 ways to get the location, Standard Location Service & Significant-Change Location Service, the standard one is very sensitive (like you see the coordinates changing as you move around the room) but Apple warns this method is a battery eater, read about it here:
    https://developer.apple.com/library/...eLocation.html

In my app I used the standard method but at and of script I add [locationManager stopUpdatingLocation]; to stop the continuous updating, so basically my app just runs one time when you hit the button.

The other way (which in all honesty would have been good enough for WW2.0) won't update your location until you have moved a "Significant" distance (hence the name "Significant-Change Location Service"), anyway you can read about it in the above link but WW2.0 is already done with Standard method by the sounds of it.

My app still isn't ready to share but I will when it's done, Xcode 6 autoLayout is a pain in the ***!

My app now writes to a location.txt file in var/mobile/Documents folder (I can easily change this so it overwrites the current MyLocation.txt file) in the exact same format as the old MyLocation app did so no need to adjust code in widgets.

When you open the app and hit the "Get My Location" button it writes the coordinates automatically to the text file and shows you this on the screen (screenshot from my 4S):

I have still to figure out the autoLayout part and I also want to add a small message telling you if the text file got updated ok.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0091.png  
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-22 at 01:00 PM.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

bliken (2014-11-22), chevymusclecar (2014-11-22), dmick89 (2014-11-22), June'sIphone (2014-11-23), kristatos (2014-11-22), lostinthemes (2014-11-22), MamaJaay (2014-11-23), Marty McFly (2014-11-23), NewD (2014-11-22), Platini2000 (2014-11-22), RKO1195 (2014-11-23)

hi,

i would like to ask how to adjust uniaw7 to fit in iPhone6+? thanks...

hi,

Last edited by adioph; 2014-11-22 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adioph View Post
    hi,
    Hopefully soon we will release a version that will do all phones. But with IOS8, your gonna have to live with random restrings till next jailBreak!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

adioph (2014-11-22)

Thanks

Hey Ian. I have a stupid question. I know this isn't a uniaw 6 thread but I am trying to get one of Marty's awesome 6.4 themes to fit my 6 plus. What do I need to change to make it fit the screen. Do I have to change all sizes in the CSS file? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    I think I read the problem is only with 128GB, 64GB iPhone 6+ models. I Might be wrong. But I got a 64gb 6+ last week and I am kind of pissed off that it can`t run little bird gifs and there is the odd respring I guess due to animations. My 5s runs perfect. I feel like getting rid of it and exchange it for a 6.

EDIT

Here`s an article.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ght=NAND+flash
    in all honesty, if I were in your shoes, I would do the same thing. I absolutely can't stand instability on my phone after a jailbreak. And 8.1.1 won't have a jailbreak for quite some time if ever. I would immediately go trade in my 6+ for a 6 if stability and animation or high values to you on your phone. It's a shame but a reality this time. I have a random respring about once every four days running full animation on both my springboard and on my lockscreen. This iPhone 6 is stable as could be with full animation and with my passcode lock on!! If I were 6+ owner I would be crazy pissed.

Hey Ian. I have a stupid question. I know this isn't a uniaw 6 thread but I am trying to get one of Marty's awesome 6.4 themes to fit my 6 plus. What do I need to change to make it fit the screen. Do I have to change all sizes in the CSS file? Thanks.
    Yes, it would be quite a big job on 6.4, all css containers to resize then re-position things which is easy enough to do, but then all animations need adjusting in css and .js too, like the distance the clouds float or rain falls etc..

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-11-22), signori (2014-11-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You can easily scale it up by adding this code to the Lockbackground.html, was posted by June here:

This may help a few here. It is a simple script you can use to scale most (if not all) i5/5s/5c sbhtml to 6 or 6+.

First at the top of the html in the head. Meaning <html> <head> //in here </head> put

Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=320, height=568, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no">
    Then at the bottom of the html write this code right before the body ends. <body> //bla bla code //add code here </body>.

Code:
    <script>
    var width = window.innerWidth;
    if(width == 375){
    viewport = document.querySelector("meta[name=viewport]");
    viewport.setAttribute('content', 'width=device-width, initial-scale=1.18, maximum-scale=1.18, user-scalable=0');
    }
    else if(width == 414 ){
    viewport.setAttribute('content', 'width=device-width, initial-scale=1.3, maximum-scale=1.3, user-scalable=0');
    }
    else{}
    </script>
    Basically all it does is change the meta tag which changes the viewport size. This is how websites display webpages on mobile phones. First it checks the width of the device. If the width is 375 then it is an iPhone 6 and will adjust the viewport to that. If it is 414 then it is an iPhone 6+ and will also adjust the viewport. You can go the css scale route, but it really isn't necessary and quite cumbersome to do. Couple things to note, you are scaling up. Any images will be stretched, but by using this any fonts are rendered perfectly. If you create shapes in css they will also be rendered correctly.

Edit: fixed the i6 size to 1.18

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-11-22), Dacal (2014-11-22), dakkota (2014-11-22), dmick89 (2014-11-22), gotmuscle (2014-11-23), itr2sti (2014-11-22), June'sIphone (2014-11-23), kai312 (2014-11-22), kristatos (2014-11-22), lostinthemes (2014-11-22), MamaJaay (2014-11-23), Marty McFly (2014-11-23), orangefreddie (2014-11-22), RKO1195 (2014-11-23), shortysos7 (2015-01-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You can easily scale it up by adding this code to the Lockbackground.html, was posted by June here:

This may help a few here. It is a simple script you can use to scale most (if not all) i5/5s/5c sbhtml to 6 or 6+.

First at the top of the html in the head. Meaning <html> <head> //in here </head> put

Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=320, height=568, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no">
    Then at the bottom of the html write this code right before the body ends. <body> //bla bla code //add code here </body>.

Code:
    <script>
    var width = window.innerWidth;
    if(width == 375){
    viewport.setAttribute('content', 'width=device-width, initial-scale=1.18, maximum-scale=1.18, user-scalable=0');
    }
    else if(width == 414 ){
    viewport.setAttribute('content', 'width=device-width, initial-scale=1.3, maximum-scale=1.3, user-scalable=0');
    }
    else{}
    </script>
    Basically all it does is change the meta tag which changes the viewport size. This is how websites display webpages on mobile phones. First it checks the width of the device. If the width is 375 then it is an iPhone 6 and will adjust the viewport to that. If it is 414 then it is an iPhone 6+ and will also adjust the viewport. You can go the css scale route, but it really isn't necessary and quite cumbersome to do. Couple things to note, you are scaling up. Any images will be stretched, but by using this any fonts are rendered perfectly. If you create shapes in css they will also be rendered correctly.

Edit: fixed the i6 size to 1.18
    This totally works... Thanks for the info!

However, I was runnning UniAW7 on my LS (As a test, even though it was the wrong size) for about half an hour with only 1 respring (6+), but since I added this new code I get resprings about every 3-5 seconds constantly (just kept respringing over and over for about 2 minutes before I stopped it) seconds after the LS animations load.
    Last edited by orangefreddie; 2014-11-22 at 06:52 PM.

How is UniAW 6.4 running on the 6+? Mine gets here Monday and due to the issues with the 6+ and uniaw7, I'm not going to be using it.
    Thanks a lot to Sk37cH, DjeTouch, Alfroggy, Maxone, Jusephe and Meth. My phone would be boring without them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    This totally works... Thanks for the info!

However, I was runnning UniAW7 on my LS (As a test, even though it was the wrong size) for about half an hour with only 1 respring (6+), but since I added this new code I get resprings about every 3-5 seconds constantly (just kept respringing over and over for about 2 minutes before I stopped it) seconds after the LS animations load.
    Maybe all that animation coupled with the scaling is just too much for the phone to handle. Taking up too much ram.

Thanks

I will say it again. I am so upset with the iPhone 6 plus. I looked everywhere to get one when I found out ios 8.1.1 was days away and it would kill the jailbreak. I can't believe it can't handle animations. My 4s and 5, 5s have no problems. I haven't really used it yet. Keep using my 5s. What to do, What to do?

Thanks

They really should have put more ram in the 6 and 6+. 1gb just isn't enough the way they run.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bliken (2014-11-22), RKO1195 (2014-11-23)

I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Thanks

I will say it again. I am so upset with the iPhone 6 plus. I looked everywhere to get one when I found out ios 8.1.1 was days away and it would kill the jailbreak. I can't believe it can't handle animations. My 4s and 5, 5s have no problems. I haven't really used it yet. Keep using my 5s. What to do, What to do?
    Sell it...Sell it...

We are all St.Jobs'es sons, we don't need a Samsung looking iDevice
    Last edited by lostinthemes; 2014-11-22 at 08:37 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2014-11-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    They really should have put more ram in the 6 and 6+. 1gb just isn't enough the way they run.
    Apple is notorious for putting insufficient RAM in their products. Or like the 21.5" (Late 2013) iMac with a glued on display and no way to upgrade the RAM (no rear access) unless you tear down the entire computer via separating the glued on display screen from the front.

I wish apple would make an announcement saying they will upgrade the RAM to 2Gig on all 6plus phones. Just bring them into an Apple Store.

I can dream. Right

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-11-23), lostinthemes (2014-11-22)

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    I wish apple would make an announcement saying they will upgrade the RAM to 2Gig on all 6plus phones. Just bring them into an Apple Store.

I can dream. Right
    They'll have Steve Jobs make the announcement in person after coming back from the dead... That's about how likely that is. 😁

Even if there was a paid option to upgrade ram with Apple, I'd do it. Missed selling opportunity for Apple. Release everything with too little ram and overcharge to upgrade to a reasonable amount of ram. Of course, making the upgrade possible in some way that only Apple could do it. People would pay. We'd complain about the prices, but we'd still pay.
    Last edited by orangefreddie; 2014-11-22 at 09:18 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

bliken (2014-11-23)

Page 64 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164564 ... LastLast