Page 572 of 614 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582 ... LastLast
Results 11,421 to 11,440 of 12264

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Brian, Got it, hanks M8.

NewD, I'm downloading it now but no promises at this time. WW3 blows my mind with all the available stuff, almost too much LOL!
    I'm aware of the WKWebView issues with Cycript but I don't have them on my device. Good to know Matt might address this.

Ras, you're right, we make it the way we want it, it's what I have been doing last year or so, it's only when making it for the masses we tend to add as much things as possible.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Boots (2016-10-21), King_O_Hill (2016-10-18), kristatos (2016-10-18), morkino (2016-10-18), NewD (2016-10-18), oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,465 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by ;7388928
    NewD, the sun/moon travel looks complicated but isn't really, the addition of real moon made it worse, basically we calculate "duration of day"/"duration of night" into minutes using the sunset/sunrise moonset/moonrise times, then we move the sun/moon across the screen straight or arc over this amount of minutes (duration of day/night), so to needs sunrise/set & moonrise/set times available to make the duration of day/night calculation.
    Somehow I missed this earlier post… Thanks for that information in terms of how the calculation is made. But where are obj.moonrise and obj.moonset parsed from the XML in the updateWeather() function? I can't find those lines? Or do you do it somewhere else in the code?

Get some sleep, sir! Thanks for your information !!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

morkino (2016-10-18), oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-18)

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    It is! But if you look in the updateWeather function - there doesn't seem to be an entry for obj.moonrise and obj.moonset being pulled from the xml file. That's how I'm concluding that Ian/Dacal create those objects in a different way.
    It's not pulled from the xml file.
    The moonrise/set times are calculated in the moon.js (which was not written by me or Dacal, I found it free on the net while looking for future moon phase dates), we found it much more accurate,.
    We just make obj.moonrise/obj.moonset equal the results from the moon.js calculation with this:
    Code:
    obj.moonrise = "*" + hmstring(mrs_prev[0]);
    obj.moonset = hmstring(mrs_next[1]) + "*";
    So my previous post was not accurate, for sun/moon travel we just need the sunrise/set times from xml file, the moonrise/set times are always available from the moon.js.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2016-10-18 at 06:57 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Boots (2016-10-21), King_O_Hill (2016-10-18), kristatos (2016-10-18), morkino (2016-10-18), NewD (2016-10-18), oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-18)

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by ;7388984
    It's not pulled from the xml file.
    The moonrise/set times are calculated in the moon.js (which was not written by me or Dacal, I found it free on the net while looking for future moon phase dates), we found it much more accurate,.
    We just make obj.moonrise/obj.moonset equal the results from the moon.js calculation with this:
    Code:
    obj.moonrise = "*" + hmstring(mrs_prev[0]);
    obj.moonset = hmstring(mrs_next[1]) + "*";
    So my previous post was not accurate, for sun/moon travel we just need the sunrise/set times from xml file, the moonrise/set times are always available from the moon.js.
    Thank you Ian for the clarification.
    Then I don't understand why sun and moon change position only when I respring. Is it because at the moment we grab the sunrise/sunset time from the raw file instead of the xml?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morkino View Post
    Thank you Ian for the clarification.
    Then I don't understand why sun and moon change position only when I respring. Is it because at the moment we grab the sunrise/sunset time from the raw file instead of the xml?

But on my phone - sun are moving perfectly without a respring. So... I think the only difference between our phones is that you probably use 24 hour time in Italy, Morkino? I have ampm set to FALSE. You probably have it set to TRUE. Right?

There is a calculation SDDev does in the map.xml of WW2/3 for 24 hour time before the value from the feed gets to the xml. I don't know what that translation code does. So when I get the sunrise/set value directly from the raw it's problem something in that translation that's messing it up for people using 24 hour time.

It's hard to check the movement of the sun across your phone as it goes very slowly. So I just turned back on my XMLDown in my workaround.js and set to ampm = false and I'll look at it in a couple of hours and see if sun has moved on my phone.

But on my phone - sun are moving perfectly without a respring. So... I think the only difference between our phones is that you probably use 24 hour time in Italy, Morkino? I have ampm set to FALSE. You probably have it set to TRUE. Right?

There is a calculation SDDev does in the map.xml of WW2/3 for 24 hour time before the value from the feed gets to the xml. I don't know what that translation code does. So when I get the sunrise/set value directly from the raw it's problem something in that translation that's messing it up for people using 24 hour time.

It's hard to check the movement of the sun across your phone as it goes very slowly. So I just turned back on my XMLDown in my workaround.js and set to ampm = false and I'll look at it in a couple of hours and see if sun has moved on my phone.
    Yes I use 24 hour time. If this can help you in the homescreen sunrise and sunset time are shown correctly...
    The sun also change its position when the weather conditions change...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to morkino For This Useful Post:

oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-18)

Thanks

The sun also change its position when the weather conditions change...
    Ummm. Since it moves so slowly throughout the day how do you know for sure the sun isn't changing position without a respring? How are you even detecting this problem ?

Ummm. Since it moves so slowly throughout the day how do you know for sure the sun isn't changing position without a respring? How are you even detecting this problem ?
    Because I was watching at it for 15 minutes and apparently didn't move and when I resprung it jumped forward and then was immobile again... Same with the moon yesterday...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to morkino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 879 Posts

NewD or King,do we have any estimate of when ww3 update will Release?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nik1975 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Because I was watching at it for 15 minutes and apparently didn't move and when I resprung it jumped forward and then was immobile again... Same with the moon yesterday...
    I don't believe the sun moving across the screen of even a PLUS sized phone can be perceived in only 15 minutes, Morkino. And also not sure you would see constant movement. But I could be wrong there.

Were your weather walls changing every 20 seconds? That would happen running my workaround code. In that instant you might have perceived movement if it were working. Had you ever done a stare at your phone 15 minutes BEFORE WW broke? Was there perceivable movement back then - while watching screen?

In the final analysis it must have to do with 24 hour mode.. Because I just opened my phone 2 minutes ago after it had been in deep sleep for 30 minutes.. and the sun had definitely moved without a respring. So I think that's where the issue is. Again - Ian would need to look at it to see where I erred.. Though I'll try again tonight to see if I've overlooked anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    NewD or King,do we have any estimate of when ww3 update will Release?
    King has done all he can do. He submitted it to MMi repo 2 days ago. They are the slowest of the repos to go live after submission. I've seen it take from 3 days to 2 weeks with them. It's unacceptable. But we've done all we can do to get a rapid update out to you. The good news is that it's SUBMITTED -- all bugs found and WW is working perfectly again. I know that makes the wait even more frustrating.. But there's nothing more we can do. MMi is just sooooo slow. But once you've chosen a repo to work with - you have them for life. You sign and agreement to never change repos. I wish we'd originally used MacCiti. They do updates DAILY!!
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-10-19 at 12:22 AM.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2016-10-19), markotak (2016-10-19), morkino (2016-10-19), nik1975 (2016-10-18), whataboutsarah (2016-10-19)

Default UniAW7
    I don't believe the sun moving across the screen of even a PLUS sized phone can be perceived in only 15 minutes, Morkino. Not do I think you would see constant movement. But I could be wrong there. Were your weather walls changing every 20 seconds? That would happen running my workaround code properly. In that instant you might have perceived movement if it were working. Have you ever done a stare at your phone 15 minutes BEFORE WW broke? Was there perceivable movement back then?

In the final analysis it must have to do with 24 hour mode.. Because I just opened my phone 2 minutes ago after it had been in deep sleep for 30 minutes.. and the sun had definitely moved without a respring. So I think that's where the issue is. Again - Ian would need to look at it to see where I erred.. Though I'll try again tonight to see if I've overlooked anything.
    Yes, I do, believe me I perceive the travelling movement if it's happening. Now I set xmldown to false and they started travelling again. So if the Uniaw receive data from the xml they travel, if receiving from the raw they are not travelling but they move forward only with a respring or when the meteorological condition change.
    Strange...

Oh I forgot, I set the changing of the wall to 100 seconds...

Thanks

Yes, I do, believe me I perceive the travelling movement if it's happening. Now I set xmldown to false and they started travelling again. So if the Uniaw receive data from the xml they travel, if receiving from the raw they are not travelling but they move forward only with a respring or when the meteorological condition change.
    Strange...

Oh I forgot, I set the changing of the wall to 100 seconds...
    That's probably the reason. It's not checking the raw every 20 seconds since you changed to 100 sec.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

morkino (2016-10-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 239 Posts

Ian, NewD
    Its almost been no updates pushed by lazy MMi, waiting and waiting just like JB. If possible plz upload the deb file of ww3 here, so we could use it. Tnx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you like my Post please hit the Thanks button on the bottom Left Corner.

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by mohseen488 View Post
    Ian, NewD
    Its almost been no updates pushed by lazy MMi, waiting and waiting just like JB. If possible plz upload the deb file of ww3 here, so we could use it. Tnx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As I've said before - it's not anyone's place to share a deb but King_O_Hill. None of the testers are at liberty to share it. So let's please stop asking.

MMi is going through a reorganization and the repo part of the forum has had some recent problems. It will just take some more time. But I did hear that the moment the problem with the repo is resolved, WW3's update is first in line.

In the mean time just use my workaround.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-10-19 at 04:50 AM.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Boots (2016-10-21), chevymusclecar (2016-10-19), jm26200 (2016-10-19), kristatos (2016-10-19), lxqslayer (2016-10-19), mohseen488 (2016-10-19), oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-19), tuguye11 (2016-10-19)

Okay gang. You'll also need this new map.xml.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...03/map.xml.zip

Go to var/mobile/Library and scroll to bottom.. Open the folder called WidgetWeather.

In there - rename the map.xml to map-orig.xml. And then add the file linked above.. And respring.. You're good to go on all things MultiAPI.. When WW3 gets back up and running again.. the newest installs of it will place this new map too. So you can just basically place this and forget about it.
    Did u mean like this. As renamed my old file with the new name and then added the new file u shared. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1476851278.315146.jpg

Also is that y none of my widgets are working now.
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1476851323.304804.jpg they use too work. And will update ww3 will my widgets work again with update and new file in place. Thank u so kindly. NewD and ww3 team

25. The Following User Says Thank You to MrDLewis321 For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2016-10-19)

Quote Originally Posted by <Ian Nicoll/> View Post
    Ras, you're right, we make it the way we want it, it's what I have been doing last year or so, it's only when making it for the masses we tend to add as much things as possible.
    Yepp, sounds about right!
    btw if you have interest and time, you can have a look at my version of UniAW.
    It certainly is very different!
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2016-10-19), MamaJaay (2016-10-29), RKO1195 (2016-10-19)

Ian,
    Here's the most up to date version of UniAW7.1_WW3 for you to peruse at your leisure.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iAW7.1_WW3.zip

All thoughts and corrections very much welcomed! It's based on your WW2Only one. Simply now with the ability to use the weather data from WeatherUnderground, DarkSky, Accuweather and Yahoo for
    Main: Temp, Condition, WeatherIcon, Animation, Hi/Low and Real Feel --and for
    5 Day Forecast: Hi/Low & Weather Icon

All other elements are pulled from Weather.com (APPLE weather.framework stuff) only.

Loads more 'new data' in WW3 for things like Elevation, Storm Bearing/Distance and many more that are in XML file now from new map.xml I created last spring for WW3 - but haven't ported all that in yet as I'm not sure where it would be displayed in U7. Tried to keep it clean. If you want to see all that's possible in WW3 you can check out either of the BaseMods for WW3 that auto install to var/mobile/Library/LockHTML when you install WW3.

Peace, bro.
    I don't look at the code yet but just run it in Taco, something seems wrong with it, when initially starting too much flickering goes on like it's loading one or more of the same page, & when I tap any touch event all the texts & the weatherInfoBG go dim.

Not sure if I will ever get around to looking through all the code but something is not right with it, I'm sure you see it yourself in Taco no? Just seems to me like it's loading 2 of everything somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Yepp, sounds about right!
    btw if you have interest and time, you can have a look at my version of UniAW.
    It certainly is very different!
    Hi Ras, do u have another place I can grab it? In Cydia I keep getting "Hash Sum mismatch", whatever that means.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ;7389025
    I don't look at the code yet but just run it in Taco, something seems wrong with it, when initially starting too much flickering goes on like it's loading one or more of the same page, & when I tap any touch event all the texts & the weatherInfoBG go dim.

Not sure if I will ever get around to looking through all the code but something is not right with it, I'm sure you see it yourself in Taco no? Just seems to me like it's loading 2 of everything somehow.
    I'll look again. I don't recall experiencing that -- a "dimming". Hmm. Not sure I understand that. I notice that Futura-light is a "dimmer" font than just Futura. I don't remember what your original default was.

Well thanks for checking if you get the chance.

EDIT: Ian. Yes. I now see what you mean. The Touch event for hourly does NOT create the dimming after the change - but I DO see it after MOON data and Animations ON/OFF switching touch events. Very weird. I'll go back to your original to make sure it doesn't happen there and then look through my code again to see what may be up. Good eye! Thanks!

EDIT 2: Okay when you click on Animation on/off to the ON position.. then both Moon events and hourly touch areas do not bring up the 'double image' (stays DIMMER which is the norm - you are quite right it looks like two sets of Weather and Location Info are on top of each other). But with Animations On/Off clicked to the OFF position.. there is the double image and then only the MOON touch event bring back normal view. So my additions have created something weird there to be sure. If you could find it - amazing! But I will learn even more to look for it myself!

EDIT 3: See later post for solution
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-10-19 at 04:17 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrDLewis321 View Post
    Did u mean like this. As renamed my old file with the new name and then added the new file u shared. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1476851278.315146.jpg

Also is that y none of my widgets are working now.
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1476851323.304804.jpg they use too work. And will update ww3 will my widgets work again with update and new file in place. Thank u so kindly. NewD and ww3 team
    Yes. You renamed the file correctly. And when WW3 update comes out your widgets will start updating again. They shouldn't have stopped "working" - just stopped updating. Did you try and install my workaround.js and add the other code I mentioned?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

MrDLewis321 (2016-10-19)

Page 572 of 614 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582 ... LastLast