Page 571 of 614 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,420 of 12265

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morkino View Post
    Thank you so much NewD!

So moon and sun should travel in any case With the old uniaw they were doing so even with the xml stuck.
    But with new uniaw they are not... at least the moon isn't, I checked it now...

But sunrise and sunset and hi and low are showing perfectly, yesssss!

EDIT: the moon changes position only when the conditions change (ie: from partially cloudy to fair)
    Do you have REAL MOON set to on in Config.js? If so that can affect it too. Those calculations for moon and sun are quite a bit more involved with the math. I'm having a hard time seeing how Ian and Dacal made all that work. You may just need to wait for the update to WW3 to hit Cydia before you get all that sun path and moon path stuff back. Glad I was able to get you guys at least 'mostly up and running' in this interim period.

Nice mod by the way! Great stuff!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

morkino (2016-10-18)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Wow, after all this time that's what you come here with?

Well, at least your still alive!
    Hehe, yeah, sorry bout that M8, I'm not feeling too good atm, traveling in the Philippines is a nightmare, no sleep in 2 days now.

Hope all is good with everybody.

NewD, the sun/moon travel looks complicated but isn't really, the addition of real moon made it worse, basically we calculate "duration of day"/"duration of night" into minutes using the sunset/sunrise moonset/moonrise times, then we move the sun/moon across the screen straight or arc over this amount of minutes (duration of day/night), so to needs sunrise/set & moonrise/set times available to make the duration of day/night calculation.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2016-10-18 at 04:34 AM.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Boots (2016-10-21), jm26200 (2016-10-18), King_O_Hill (2016-10-18), kristatos (2016-10-18), lostinthemes (2017-02-10), Mary48336 (2016-10-18), metaserph (2016-10-18), morkino (2016-10-18), NewD (2016-10-18), oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 239 Posts

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I can only push it, sadly, I have no control over when it actually gets there.
    Can u share the .deb file here, since mmi is a s s is down, and my phone needs Uniaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you like my Post please hit the Thanks button on the bottom Left Corner.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mohseen488 For This Useful Post:

oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-18)

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Do you have REAL MOON set to on in Config.js? If so that can affect it too. Those calculations for moon and sun are quite a bit more involved with the math. I'm having a hard time seeing how Ian and Dacal made all that work. You may just need to wait for the update to WW3 to hit Cydia before you get all that sun path and moon path stuff back. Glad I was able to get you guys at least 'mostly up and running' in this interim period.

Nice mod by the way! Great stuff!
    Yes, you are right, it's not so important
    It's already amazing how it's working without the xml file and this because of you dear NewD.

One more question: when I install the WW update, what do I have to change in the Uniaw? Only the variable xmldown=false in the workaround.js?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to morkino For This Useful Post:

NewD (2016-10-18)

Thanks

One more question: when I install the WW update, what do I have to change in the Uniaw? Only the variable xmldown=false in the workaround.js?
    Exactly correct! Nothing else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

morkino (2016-10-18)

Hi Ian, nice to know that you are still alive and kicking!
    Hope you read this and comment on it.
    I have said that the updateFileTimer and obj.updatetimestring is redundant code in UniAW these days as UniAW is getting its info from the WW xml file rather than making url calls. Especially obj.updatetimestring has caused a lot of problems for some people. UniAW is running fine without this updateFileTimer and obj.updatetimestring stuff, but some people think it has to remain as it might break something else.

Would be nice to hear your point of view.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2016-10-18)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Ras, no one has said it has to remain. The very fact that I was able to create this workaround for people while WW's been down, using your code to getCurrentTime is proof it can be eliminated.

But it's also a fact that removing obj.updatetimestring (without replacing it with an alternative) will indeed break the code as written. Obj.updatetimestring is central to current code. But it can certainly be rewritten.

The other thing I'm not positive about - but Ian could confirm - is that I think obj.updatetimestring is written the way it is to allow for the sensing of OFFLINE that's built into U7. If we run the code never comparing current time to the update time string in the xml the widgets won't be able to tell us if they're "online" meaning that the data is updating. The moment WW stopped updating a few days back.. The way we knew was seeing our city data in RED. If the widgets were written with your live time code - we would never have been alerted that we didn't have current data reporting to our widgets.

That's why I believe the update time string code needs to remain - not because it has to, but because it's a feature that's helpful.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-10-18 at 02:09 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2016-10-18), jm26200 (2016-10-18), kristatos (2016-10-18)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Hi Ian, nice to know that you are still alive and kicking!
    Hope you read this and comment on it.
    I have said that the updateFileTimer and obj.updatetimestring is redundant code in UniAW these days as UniAW is getting its info from the WW xml file rather than making url calls. Especially obj.updatetimestring has caused a lot of problems for some people. UniAW is running fine without this updateFileTimer and obj.updatetimestring stuff, but some people think it has to remain as it might break something else.

Would be nice to hear your point of view.
    Hi Ras!

You could certainly run things without it if you coded around it.

I’m sure you are aware but:

Initially, var updateFileTimer = ""; (empty string).
    Then in the updateWeather function:
    if (updateFileTimer != obj.updatetimestring) { (which at this point is true so the code makes the arrays that follow, retrieves all data etc etc...).
    At the end of the arrays we set:
    updateFileTimer = obj.updatetimestring; (both set to the same values).
    Our lastupdate displayed text = updateFileTimer.split(' ‘);.

The updateWeather function is refreshed every 30 seconds, if the xml file has not been updated (updateFileTimer & obj.updatetimestring will still be the same), nothing will happen.
    The arrays & data retrievals are not done unless the xml file has been updated & the obj.updatetimestring has moved on from the old updateFileTimer time, there is no need to redo all the data's if the times are the same because the xml file info's will all be the same, just a battery saver!

It will certainly run fine without these, it will just do everything regardless if the xml file has been updated or not & so may use a tiny bit more battery though probably not noticeable, & if you didn’t want to use the obj.updatetimestring from the xml file, you could always just set lastUpdate to display the time you checked the xml file.

I actually haven't had WW2 or 3 installed for a long long time, I use IS2 for my personal widgets, I haven't yet got around to doing a full IS2 UniAW but will do in the future as I like the accuracy of the location better & it's a whole lot less code to do the complete UniAW, I have had a long break from coding but I feel the urge coming back.
    I had to check the main.js file from UniAW7 to give you this answer, haven't looked at it for many many months, I see I had the "// End of updateWeather function" comment in the wrong place & the whole function is formatted wrong (for reading purposes), oops!

Hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2016-10-18 at 03:01 PM.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2016-10-18), Jesus™ (2016-10-18), jm26200 (2016-10-18), King_O_Hill (2016-10-18), kristatos (2016-10-18), lostinthemes (2017-02-10), Marty McFly (2016-10-19), metaserph (2016-10-18), NewD (2016-10-18), oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-18), rasputin007 (2016-10-18)

The thing is that there are 2 time stamps, one is the one when the ww.xml file has been checked/created and the other one (more importantly for me) is the time the weather data on the weather service server were updated.
    Ican only talk about WeatherUnderground (WU) as this is the service I have been using for a very long time now. WU has stated that normally they update the weather data every 15 minutes, but in more remote regions it could be a 30 or 60 minute interval.
    Imagine you are in such remote region with a 60 minute update interval. With a WW-update interval of 15 minutes you will get new WU data with the 1. WW update, but the 2., 3. and 4. WW update still is the same WU data you got in the first WW update.
    So, if you use the time stamp WW updated the xml file you see an "update" every 15 minutes, but the weather doesn't change for 4 "updates".
    If you use the WU data update time stamp, you might think WW isn't updating as for an hour the update time stamp stays static, even though WW is updating every 15 minutes.
    I hope you can see the problematic in which time stamp to choose.

Am I right in thinking that the current obj.updatetimestring is the WW update time rather than the weather data update time.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

I use to use 2 time stamps, one was for when the xml file was updated & the other was for when the widget was updated, can't remember if these are both still in UniAW7, need to check. I know I had this in UniAW6 as I faded between "Updated at" (xml updated) and "Checked at" (widget checked xml file), this was in that gold mod I did.

obj.updatetimestring as far as I know is the WW xml file update time, don't know if there is a separate time stamp showing when the source (WU, Yahoo Accu) was updated as don't have WW installed, maybe KOH can tell you this one, if there is such a time stamp then I guess you could just replace obj.updatetimestring with that one & it should solve the issue no?

Sorry not much help.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2016-10-18), NewD (2016-10-18), rasputin007 (2016-10-18)

Exactly correct! Nothing else.
    NewD can you please write me the string to add to workaround.js to grab moonrise and moonset from the raw file?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Ras, no one has said it has to remain.
    I was just referring to your comment back in June, when you said
    I just don't want to LOSE any functionality if we take out the whole updatetimestring and updatefiletimer thing.
    Doesn't matter!
    Keep it in and find ways to fix it when obj.updatetimestring plays up again.
    I dumbed it, together with another few changes in my personal UniAW version.
    I am happy, you are happy, everybody's happy!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by <Ian Nicoll/> View Post
    I use to use 2 time stamps, one was for when the xml file was updated & the other was for when the widget was updated, can't remember if these are both still in UniAW7, need to check. I know I had this in UniAW6 as I faded between "Updated at" (xml updated) and "Checked at" (widget checked xml file), this was in that gold mod I did.

obj.updatetimestring as far as I know is the WW xml file update time, don't know if there is a separate time stamp showing when the source (WU, Yahoo Accu) was updated as don't have WW installed, maybe KOH can tell you this one, if there is such a time stamp then I guess you could just replace obj.updatetimestring with that one & it should solve the issue no?

Sorry not much help.
    EVERY time you talk about this stuff, Ian, we learn something! Glad you're getting back in the mood to code. ..

WW3 offers us a boatload of new info from 4 different weatherAPI's that I very much wanted to have available in UniAW7.1 and completed my mod of it to access all that info a few days ago and posted here. Having watched yours and Dacal's coding practices over several years now I tried to keep the 'footprint' of the new code very lean and as short as possible but still getting all we needed.

Naturally I'd love your input on the code, and cleaning of course, and consideration for keeping it in for future updates to UniAW. In this version I got rid of the yCity code which was a workaround.. for last Yahoo outage.. but I did keep the gCity function as an option for people AND as an automatic fallback for if Yahoo ever would go back again.. AND for people who just prefer Google for Location.

Thanks, sir!
    Grant

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Glawrence33 (2016-10-18), oswaldo-1985 (2016-10-18)

Thanks

NewD can you please write me the string to add to workaround.js to grab moonrise and moonset from the raw file?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Moonrise and moonset from what i can see is a generated calculation in the code. I can't find where UniAW7 grabs that value from the xml. Have looked several times. Maybe Ian can help you Morkino. I'm sending him my mod of UniAW7.1WW3 with the workaround code in it. We have the 'master coder' back again. He's the guy to ask for sure.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

morkino (2016-10-18)

Default UniAW7
    Moonrise and moonset from what i can see is a generated calculation in the code. I can't find where UniAW7 grabs that value from the xml. Have looked several times. Maybe Ian can help you Morkino. I'm sending him my mod of UniAW7.1WW3 with the workaround code in it. We have the 'master coder' back again. He's the guy to ask for sure.
    Ups, I thought it was only the obj.moonrise and obj.moonset...
    Thank you Grant, really appreciate all your help!
    Marco

Thanks

Ups, I thought it was only the obj.moonrise and obj.moonset...
    Thank you Grant, really appreciate all your help!
    Marco
    It is! But if you look in the updateWeather function - there doesn't seem to be an entry for obj.moonrise and obj.moonset being pulled from the xml file. That's how I'm concluding that Ian/Dacal create those objects in a different way.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

morkino (2016-10-18)

Ian, You have mail!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

32. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2016-10-18)

Thanks

Ian,
    Here's the most up to date version of UniAW7.1_WW3 for you to peruse at your leisure.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iAW7.1_WW3.zip

All thoughts and corrections very much welcomed! It's based on your WW2Only one. Simply now with the ability to use the weather data from WeatherUnderground, DarkSky, Accuweather and Yahoo for
    Main: Temp, Condition, WeatherIcon, Animation, Hi/Low and Real Feel --and for
    5 Day Forecast: Hi/Low & Weather Icon

All other elements are pulled from Weather.com (APPLE weather.framework stuff) only.

Loads more 'new data' in WW3 for things like Elevation, Storm Bearing/Distance and many more that are in XML file now from new map.xml I created last spring for WW3 - but haven't ported all that in yet as I'm not sure where it would be displayed in U7. Tried to keep it clean. If you want to see all that's possible in WW3 you can check out either of the BaseMods for WW3 that auto install to var/mobile/Library/LockHTML when you install WW3.

Peace, bro.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2016-10-18), Glawrence33 (2016-10-18), morkino (2016-10-18), nik1975 (2016-10-18), pnunez1310 (2016-10-19), schalker44 (2016-10-18)

Thanks

I was just referring to your comment back in June, when you said
    Quote Originally Posted by NewD
    I just don't want to LOSE any functionality if we take out the whole updatetimestring and updatefiletimer thing.
    Doesn't matter!
    Actually it 'does' matter to those of us who wish to have a way of seeing if the xml is offline. So removal of obj.updatetimestring would 'decrease functionality' as I worried in my June post in that one regard.
    Keep it in and find ways to fix it when obj.updatetimestring plays up again.
    I dumbed it, together with another few changes in my personal UniAW version.
    I am happy, you are happy, everybody's happy!
    If your way can show us OFFLINE when xml is down.. GREAT!! Let's DO IT! Currently removing it would remove a feature I would prefer not be removed. That was my point, bro.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-10-18 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by <Ian Nicoll/> View Post
    I actually haven't had WW2 or 3 installed for a long long time, I use IS2 for my personal widgets, I haven't yet got around to doing a full IS2 UniAW but will do in the future as I like the accuracy of the location better & it's a whole lot less code to do the complete UniAW,
    Though (if you'd extended your absence from us indefinitely) MamaJaay was taking on the job of adding IS2 functionality to my newest mod of U7, one thing I reminded her of and will to you too -- Currently Cycript can only run in the now ancient UIWebView which started causing all our respringing back in iOS7 and was particularly bad in iOS8 on iPhone 6Plus with only 1GB RAM. Matt (Matchstic) finally found out last spring why. Apple caps UIWebView's RAM allocation to ONLY 5MB of RAM. Uggh. That's why animation was so easily able to bring UIWebView down in a respring. Matt tried a hook to open up that 5MB but it's not possible.

Then GroovyCarrot built us The GroovyPlus stuff to have U7 and other widgets run in WKWebView that has no cap on RAM use. Stable again!.. Well Groovy Stuff is no longer supported as you know. But Matt built a brilliant new player called XenHTML which plays widgets on LS and SB again. We have SBTHML and GROOVYLOCK back.. in WK.. EXCEPT WHEN CYCRIPT CODE is USED.

Saurik doesn't like WKWebView for some reason. So the moment you add Cycript code to UniAW it will force the whole widget to run in UIWebView with all its limitations.

Many still want an IS2 version and I think one should be made. But it will add instability for sure with animations running.

Though there's light at the end of the tunnel. Matt's thesis in University this year is to rewrite Cycript for WKWebView.. but it won't be ready until a JailBreak for iOS10 and likely Spring-ish 2017.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-10-18 at 05:42 PM.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2016-10-18), schalker44 (2016-10-18)

Page 571 of 614 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581 ... LastLast