Page 498 of 613 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,960 of 12259

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: UniAW7

  1. #9941
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll
    I'll go out on a limb & say I bet you a buck they all have IS2 (or 1 seemingly) AND WW2 AND they are using widgets with both.. Er.. Maybe.
    "Oh God, please let me be right" a buck's a buck you know.

    Offer stands for 10 seconds.

    Edit..

    10 seconds later..

    Yes!, my money is safe.
    You are lucky there.
    I woke up this morning and as soon as I turned on my 5S (iOS 8.4) safe mode straight away. I have IS2 with iWidget and a few widgets that use cycript code, but NO WW2. CrashReporter picked libcycript.dylib as the most likely suspect.
    However on my iPad mini (iOS 9.0.2) I have IS2 and WW2 installed, but WW2 is disabled.



    This stems from what NewD referred to. Without WW2 weather framework stops updating after a day or so - remember iPad mini has NO stock Weather app! But because I need weather framework to update so that I can get the GPS from it to get weather info from the WeatherUnderground weather service. This is the bizarre part. Without WW2 the weather framework stops updating after a day or so, with WW2 installed but not active (see screenshot) weather framework updates itself every 5 minutes, which is not the update interval set in WW2 that has been set to 1 minute.
    The 5S, which has a stock weather app, seems to keep the weather framework going even without WW2.

    Looking at all the recent reports, it looks like there are a lot of puzzle pieces that need to be put together. The question is are they all from the same puzzle?
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2016-03-26), <Ian Nicoll/> (2016-03-08), King_O_Hill (2016-03-08), menard_00 (2016-03-08), metaserph (2016-03-09), NewD (2016-03-08), Simon (2016-03-08)

  3. #9942
    No safe modes for me running the exact same 2 widgets as before.
    I'm trying to get one & it won't happen!

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2016-03-08), kristatos (2016-03-09), Marty McFly (2016-03-08), menard_00 (2016-03-08), NewD (2016-03-08), nik1975 (2016-03-08), Simon (2016-03-08)

  5. #9943
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    So is that a common denominator among ppl getting safe modes?? Everyone has IS2 installed?
    I got two safe modes using CORE iWidget and yes I have infostats2 installed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 6 on 8.4

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dollface54 For This Useful Post:

    Marty McFly (2016-03-09), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  7. #9944
    I think I've pinpointed the cause of crashes for Weather updating people have seen in IS2, so I just now need to finish up on this new build. Still haven't figured out why the Weather app will show "Local weather" on occasion though!

  8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2016-03-10), <Ian Nicoll/> (2016-03-10), King_O_Hill (2016-03-10), kristatos (2016-03-10), lostinthemes (2016-03-10), Marty McFly (2016-03-10), mike42 (2016-03-10), mohseen488 (2016-03-10), NewD (2016-03-10), Simon (2016-03-10), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10), tsatryan (2016-03-10)

  9. #9945
    But again just to chime in wife had same issues and never had info anything installed.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VOLTAGExDT For This Useful Post:

    Matchstic (2016-03-10), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  11. #9946
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ;7357476
    I'll go out on a limb & say I bet you a buck they all have IS2 (or 1 seemingly) AND WW2 AND they are using widgets with both.. Er.. Maybe.
    "Oh God, please let me be right" a buck's a buck you know.

    Offer stands for 10 seconds.

    Edit..

    10 seconds later..

    Yes!, my money is safe.
    Unfortunately I have to refute this claim. I do not have IS1 or IS2 installed. Had a safe mode about an hour ago. I do have WW2 installed obviously and also I have the Core widget with your fix installed and running if that means anything.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2016-03-10), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  13. #9947
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Unfortunately I have to refute this claim. I do not have IS1 or IS2 installed. Had a safe mode about an hour ago. I do have WW2 installed obviously and also I have the Core widget with your fix installed and running if that means anything.
    It should be noted that my safe mode happened while driving and changing towns.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2016-03-10), Matchstic (2016-03-10), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  15. #9948
    Well I cannot get another safe mode, I even put core iWidget back on along with UniAW and a very simple IS2 widget. The only thing I saw was twice in last 2 days the IS2 widget (which always showed city as "Local City") the info got messed up, city changed to "17", temp stopped working, had to remove, respring & reinstall.

    It's a strange one indeed, cannot seem to pinpoint the common denominator.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    Matchstic (2016-03-10), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  17. #9949
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    I think I've pinpointed the cause of crashes for Weather updating people have seen in IS2, so I just now need to finish up on this new build. Still haven't figured out why the Weather app will show "Local weather" on occasion though!
    Hi Matt,

    Regarding the city name showing "Local Weather", I found if I remove the updateweather function all is ok (but naturally no longer updates).
    I tested ALL other code too, only this function brings the issue.
    I had it refreshing every minute for testing.

    function updateWeather() {
    [IS2Weather updateWeather];
    setTimeout(updateWeather, refreshTimerLength);
    }

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2016-03-10), kristatos (2016-03-10), Matchstic (2016-03-10), Splatty79 (2016-03-10), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  19. #9950
    Quote Originally Posted by <Ian Nicoll/> View Post
    Hi Matt,

    Regarding the city name showing "Local Weather", I found if I remove the updateweather function all is ok (but naturally no longer updates).
    I tested ALL other code too, only this function brings the issue.
    I had it refreshing every minute for testing.

    function updateWeather() {
    [IS2Weather updateWeather];
    setTimeout(updateWeather, refreshTimerLength);
    }
    In that case, my hypothesis is that it's to do with saving new weather data after it has been downloaded my end. What I'm failing to see though is how it's failing however, as I call a single function to save data if the user is using Location Services, nothing more. I'll see if I can ask SDDev how he saves new data (if at all), or failing that have a looksie at the disassembly of WW2. Hopefully that will shed light on the situation!

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2016-03-10), <Ian Nicoll/> (2016-03-10), kristatos (2016-03-10), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  21. #9951
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    In that case, my hypothesis is that it's to do with saving new weather data after it has been downloaded my end. What I'm failing to see though is how it's failing however, as I call a single function to save data if the user is using Location Services, nothing more. I'll see if I can ask SDDev how he saves new data (if at all), or failing that have a looksie at the disassembly of WW2. Hopefully that will shed light on the situation!
    How does your code save the data?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  23. #9952
    Quote Originally Posted by <Ian Nicoll/> View Post
    How does your code save the data?
    This is copy'n'pasted directly from my code running in my weather update LaunchDaemon: https://ghostbin.com/paste/p329g

    My belief is that saving to disk has some sort of race condition perhaps, where I'm writing to disk at the same time as WW2, thus leading to inconsistencies in the resulting data. Interestingly, it turns out I've actually disabled WW2 for the majority of the time I've worked on IS2, which could explain why I rarely seen the "Local Weather/City"; I needed to enable it for a little while to test HTML support in Xen. I wonder if running without WW2 for a while reproduces it again your end, would be the telling factor. I'm going to re-enable it my end for the time being as a control test.

    EDIT: Looked at the disassembly for WW2 now, looks like there's no direct saving to WeatherPreferences as I do in my code. Might be something to do with having Weather.app open and running in the background. Oh, if necessary I'll move my discussion of this to the InfoStats2 thread, as I don't want to hijack!
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2016-03-10 at 11:07 AM.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2016-03-10), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  25. #9953
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,333
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Unfortunately I have to refute this claim. I do not have IS1 or IS2 installed. Had a safe mode about an hour ago. I do have WW2 installed obviously and also I have the Core widget with your fix installed and running if that means anything.
    But doesn't the Core iWidget have InfoStats "code" in it? (Battery or RAM Stats?)... Not sure.. I've never used that iWidget.

  26. #9954
    I love the CORE iWidget, but I was getting resprings at least once an hour lately. Just to test, I removed it and I've been running Sital's newest iwidget called Sahara Sital which is non-animated but it does have a touch function for the forecast. It also uses WW2. I have not have one respring in 3 days.
    iPhone 6 on 8.4

  27. #9955
    I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    7,098
    Thanked 478 Times in 228 Posts

    Using iph5s iOS 8.4...
    ww2, is1 and iwidgets installed for several years, sometimes, once for two or three days, got a safe mode...
    Installed is2 two days ago, every time trying to change my iwidgets on my springboard, got a safemode
    So no JB no problem...

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

    Matchstic (2016-03-10)

  29. #9956
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    Oh, if necessary I'll move my discussion of this to the InfoStats2 thread, as I don't want to hijack!
    Hi Matt, not necessary at all but probably better to have it on IS2 thread as might get feedback from more IS2 users.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    Matchstic (2016-03-10)

  31. #9957

  32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2016-03-10), <Ian Nicoll/> (2016-03-10), Hip5 (2016-03-10), kristatos (2016-03-10), Mike2130 (2016-03-11), mike42 (2016-03-10), NewD (2016-03-10), TiLT1oNE (2016-03-10)

  33. #9958
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    I still think we're focusing on the wrong thing because I get safe modes and don't have IS1 or IS2 installed. That doesn't seem to be the common denominator.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

    Mike2130 (2016-03-11), VOLTAGExDT (2016-03-11)

  35. #9959
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,333
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    I still think we're focusing on the wrong thing because I get safe modes and don't have IS1 or IS2 installed. That doesn't seem to be the common denominator.
    Doing any testing at all, with HTML widgets on a 6Plus, can throw off the curve big time because it's already such an unstable phone using widgets. Memory depletion is at the top of the list of SafeMode producers, Padg. Even on 8.4 I would get occasional safemodes on my 6 when trying to run too much animation. It was much rarer than 6+ users were getting... but not never. These occasional safe modes are happening on the 2GB RAM phones too.. and weren't 6 weeks ago.. Something changed in the last 6 weeks... and it's damn hard to figure out what it could be. No one (of the current group on 2GB RAM phones) were talking Safe Modes before 6 weeks ago - at least none that I recall.. Have you been experiencing any safe modes prior to these reports of the last few weeks? It could just be the 1GB of RAM running-widgets frustration of all 6+ users, bro.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2016-03-10), <Ian Nicoll/> (2016-03-10), Mike2130 (2016-03-11)

  37. #9960
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    507
    Thanked 631 Times in 313 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Doing any testing at all, with HTML widgets on a 6Plus, can throw off the curve big time because it's already such an unstable phone using widgets. Memory depletion is at the top of the list of SafeMode producers, Padg. Even on 8.4 I would get occasional safemodes on my 6 when trying to run too much animation. It was much rarer than 6+ users were getting... but not never. These occasional safe modes are happening on the 2GB RAM phones too.. and weren't 6 weeks ago.. Something changed in the last 6 weeks... and it's damn hard to figure out what it could be. No one (of the current group on 2GB RAM phones) were talking Safe Modes before 6 weeks ago - at least none that I recall.. Have you been experiencing any safe modes prior to these reports of the last few weeks? It could just be the 1GB of RAM running-widgets frustration of all 6+ users, bro.
    I'm not talking about resprings, though, I'm talking about safe modes. I've always gotten resprings on my 6+ due to the 1 GB of RAM, but the actual safe modes only started when I installed WW2.

    Also, for anyone interested, check this out - This really weird trick will actually speed up your iPhone - Quartz. I've tested it on my 6+ and it actually works.

Page 498 of 613 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •