Page 441 of 614 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 12265

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    It's not our weather service that's broken. .. It's the location API our tweak uses that's down..

Weather.com in iOS9 has been flawless.
    Doesn't this statement contradict itself?
    If weather.com weather service works flawless, why do you need a separate location API?
    This suggest to me that you don't trust the location part of weather.com, which I can fully understand as it does not know my home village. Even when searching in the Weather app it can not find a result for my village name.
    That's the main reason, well, and better info, why I use WeatherUnderground as my weather service.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2016-01-21)

Default UniAW7
    Just with a few testers in past. Not public yet. I'm an endless tweaker.. ..
    Geez Grant. 18 months?! If you're going to keep referring to this iWidget of yours then please share with the masses. Especially if you think it could be a viable solution/replacement for the Yahoo issues we've all been experiencing. Let everyone try it or just stop mentioning it.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2016-01-21), <Ian Nicoll/> (2016-01-21), chevymusclecar (2016-01-25), Irish_Man (2016-01-21), King_O_Hill (2016-01-21), kristatos (2016-01-21), Max_Pa1n (2016-01-24), mike42 (2016-01-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Geez Grant. 18 months?! If you're going to keep referring to this iWidget of yours then please share with the masses. Especially if you think it could be a viable solution/replacement for the Yahoo issues we've all been experiencing. Let everyone try it or just stop mentioning it.
    Well - I hear you.. But at the moment it has a call to Yahoo Place Finder in it too. So not working.. To get the most complete location info I use both Yahoo & Google. Yahoo's street names, in US, seem to be more pinpoint accurate - is one reason I use both. In Canada Google wins out. So my widget is intertwined with both API calls - rendering it frickin dead right now while Yahoo is down...

So let me work in a "sensor" for when yahoo is down to use all Google.. Then I'll share.. I promise it won't take 18 months.. Lol. Just a day or so..

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2016-01-21), A11AST3R (2016-01-21), chevymusclecar (2016-01-25), King_O_Hill (2016-01-21), kristatos (2016-01-21), lostinthemes (2016-01-29), Marty McFly (2016-01-21), Mary48336 (2016-01-21), Max_Pa1n (2016-01-24), schalker44 (2016-01-21)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Doesn't this statement contradict itself?
    If weather.com weather service works flawless, why do you need a separate location API?
    This suggest to me that you don't trust the location part of weather.com, which I can fully understand as it does not know my home village. Even when searching in the Weather app it can not find a result for my village name.
    No. That's not it at all.. Weather.com simply didn't offer the WidgetWeather team "enough info". No street info. Just like WeatherUnderground, weather API's really only offer a city name and maybe a country. But that's all. In our older GPS widgets (at the time WW2 was being created) we were able to have street address showing in even the most simple of widgets using the older Yahoo Rss API (not even Yahoo Place Finder's new SQL feed).. Marty was one of the first to give us street addresses in our widgets.. So KOH asked SDDev to make sure WW2 also tapped into a more thorough location API for street data. YahooPlaceFinder was the choice.

So in addition to hooking into the weather.com weather data available in iOS 8/9, WW2 makes a call to YahooPlaceFinder for location to get us "more complete" info - not "more accurate".. per se.. So in your case it's YahooPlaceFinder that's failing you (for accuracy) - not weather.com - if you're using WW2.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-01-21 at 01:23 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2016-01-21), Max_Pa1n (2016-01-24)

What surprises me is that so apparently some still runs great, have until now also in the German forum read nothing with the problem

Thanks

Hey guys… Here is the actual API call to google that you'll need in the code. Where lat and long represent coordinates. I'll give you the parse code later this afternoon as well. But our largest issue right now with the Yahoo call down is where the heck are we going to get the coordinates from? You'll have to use the myLocation.txt I guess. Since the coordinates are also missing from the xml with Yahoo down..
    Code:
    https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml?latlng=lat,long

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (2016-01-29), nik1975 (2016-01-21)

- if you're using WW2.
    No I am not! Don't need it when I use WeatherUnderground.

If you want to "replace" Yahoo's location information with Google's in your widgets then you could use cycript to get the latitude and longitude from the weather framework. That's why IS2 has cycript support.

Thanks

No I am not! Don't need it when I use WeatherUnderground.
    Of course I already knew that.
    If you want to "replace" Yahoo's location information with Google's in your widgets then you could use cycript to get the latitude and longitude from the weather framework. That's why IS2 has cycript support.
    But weather,framework isn't autoupdating. You'd have to go into Weather.app every time you wanted an update. Already tested this extensively with you, Ras, as you know. Not a viable option even in the short term - at least not for me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (2016-01-29)

Thanks

Okay gang.. Here is the code to temporarily get your city for our widgets from GoogleMaps free (no key) API.
    Code:
    //Get COORDINATES from MYLOCATION.TXT
    var path = /* whatever the path to your Documents folder on your phone to get the myLocation.txt file*/
    jQuery.get(path, function(appdata){
    	var substr = appdata.split('\n');
    	var templatitude=substr[0].split('=');
    	var templongitude=substr[1].split('=');
    	var latitude = $.trim(templatitude[1]);
    	var longitude = $.trim(templongitude[1]);

//ESTABLISH MAIN VARIABLES
    	obj.coords = latitude + "," + longitude;	
    });

//GET DATA FROM GOOGLE JSON
    var url = "http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?latlng=" + obj.coords + "&sensor=false";
    $.getJSON(url, function(data) {
    	//GET RAW Google Data	
    	obj.fulladdress = data.results[0].formatted_address;
    });
    Then after that you'll need to .split the formatted address Google gives to just get street and city alone..

And SOMETIMES Google puts an 'establishment' before the street address too which can make things a little trickier to 'split'. I have an XML version of that code too and a way to get specific data from the NON-FORMATTED ADDRESS field.. What's above there is a quick and dirty method to get city and street address back in our widgets. I'll get an even more 'pinpointed' method to you later tonight.

DISCLAIMER.. THIS INFO IS ONLY A STARTING PLACE FOR SEASONED CODERS. DO NOT ADD YOURSELF TO YOUR WIDGETS. It's INCOMPLETE.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-01-21 at 06:42 PM.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2016-01-21), bliken (2016-01-21), jawonder (2016-01-22), kristatos (2016-01-21), lostinthemes (2016-01-29), Marty McFly (2016-01-21), nik1975 (2016-01-21), schalker44 (2016-01-22), Simon (2016-01-23)

Okay gang.. Here is the code to temporarily get your city for our widgets from GoogleMaps free (no key) API.
    Code:
    //Get COORDINATES from MYLOCATION.TXT
    var path = /* whatever the path to your Documents folder on your phone to get the myLocation.txt file*/
    jQuery.get(path, function(appdata){
    var substr = appdata.split('\n');
    var templatitude=substr[0].split('=');
    var templongitude=substr[1].split('=');
    var latitude = $.trim(templatitude[1]);
    var longitude = $.trim(templongitude[1]);

//ESTABLISH MAIN VARIABLES
    var coords = latitude + "," + longitude;
    });

//GET DATA FROM GOOGLE JSON
    var url = "http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?latlng=" + coords + "&sensor=false";
    $.getJSON(url, function(data) {
    //GET RAW Google Data
    obj.fulladdress = data.results[0].formatted_address;
    });
    Then after that you'll need to .split the formatted address Google gives to just get street and city alone..

And SOMETIMES Google puts an 'establishment' before the street address too which can make things a little trickier to 'split'. I have an XML version of that code too and a way to get specific data from the NON-FORMATTED ADDRESS field.. What's above there is a quick and dirty method to get city and street address back in our widgets. I'll get an even more 'pinpointed' method to you later tonight.
    So just put this in the CSS file?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    So just put this in the CSS file?
    No. See my edit to previous post. And javascript code would go in a main.js file. Not css.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

bliken (2016-01-21), Max_Pa1n (2016-01-24)

Quote Originally Posted by <Ian Nicoll/> View Post
    I thought WW2 got the location straight from the device.
    Not really. iOS grabs less info from Weather.com for its Weather.app. I think King_O_Hill and SDDev wanted more expanded location data than weather.com offered so WW2 grabs that from a better Yahoo feed than we were using in the "locale" days. Somehow WW2 taps into YahooPlaceFinder - Yahoo's attempt at a GoogleMaps - fuller location info feed. I think that's how the story goes. KOH will correct me if I'm wrong..
    Quote Originally Posted by <Ian Nicoll/> View Post
    Then how does it get the settings? distance filter, desired accuracy etc.. These are all done in Objective-C on device using coreLocation, now I'm confused.
    Oh, it probably just gets the coordinates from the device then the city name from those coordinates via Yahoo... maybe.
    Yep.. You got it!.. Just grabs coordinates from phone..
    But our largest issue right now with the Yahoo call down is where the heck are we going to get the coordinates from? You'll have to use the myLocation.txt I guess. Since the coordinates are also missing from the xml with Yahoo down..
    What do you mean "where the heck are we going to get the coordinates from?"
    I thought we just agreed (from the above conversation) the coordinates are coming from the device?
    I think you don't truly know anything, but you talk like you know everything, if you're not sure best to keep your mouth shut.

Today I also have the TBD (I always thought this mean't "To Be Determined), I have no info now in my xml file regarding City, Neighbourhood, etc... BUT I do have my coordinates.

I am not wanting a long reply from you trying to explain cause it's just going to go in one ear & out the other. I feel sorry for the less informed folks around here, you must be confusing the hell out of em.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2016-01-21), jm26200 (2016-01-23), Max_Pa1n (2016-01-24), mike42 (2016-01-21)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Ian, the coordinates we use in widgets come from the xml file created by WW2, dude. Even you know that. Lol!! They do not come directly from the phone or we would have no need for WW2 likely at all. Now WW2.. Gets ITS coordinates from the phone / obviously. If you'd read my posts more fully and not just piece-meal quoted me - you would see my context pretty clearly, I think. I was most concerned about having ACCESS to the coordinates from in the XML file!! They're not there anymore. At least not in XML file in extraLocName. Gone.

And please stop the ad hominem personal attack on me.. They're not warranted and it's not the way I treat you or anyone else. If you don't have anything productive to add to the discussion just say nothing. But I'm tired of these unprovoked attacks. Please just quit it, man. Many people find me helpful - so I'm told. If you don't. Put me on ignore, bro. Damn!
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-01-21 at 11:13 PM.

Me too. Glad I came here to check it out. I've rebooted three times already, still the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 6 on 8.4

But weather,framework isn't autoupdating. You'd have to go into Weather.app every time you wanted an update. Already tested this extensively with you, Ras, as you know. Not a viable option even in the short term - at least not for me.
    What we tried was constant GPS monitoring, which turned out to be a pain in the backside.
    For weather you just need "a" GPS position, no constant monitoring because the weather within 200 meter around me is still the same.
    But weather framework updates GPS on demand and I am using it for months, no WW2 to "initialize" weather framework nor do I have to open the Weather app.
    And before you say you don't want to push a button every time you want a weather/location update as this is "on Demand".
    Well, the cycript script, gets loaded with the body onLoad tag and because cydgets get loaded each time you open them weather framework GPS location gets updated each time. One other reason I like cydgets, as widgets do NOT get loaded each time you open the Springboard.
    Anyway there are other possibilities, as I actually do not use this body onLoad tag way anymore.
    I use an automated system (GPS and weather data update at certain intervals), with the option to update with touch function.
    This also will work in widgets.
    Just a cycript that hooks into the weather framework, updates and I get the latitude and longitude of my current position.
    A more detailed description can be found at Inner working of MYO 6 - Rasputin007 - Forum.

@All
    Google maps has different levels of location information, which is different from country to country. If you want to see which of the 6 available levels is the best for you then go to GPS data, which will list all 6 levels.
    Right click to see source code, copy and paste.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2016-01-21 at 10:18 PM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2016-01-23), kristatos (2016-01-22), lostinthemes (2016-01-29), mike42 (2016-01-21)

Hi folks,

Although the Google code that Grant posted DOES work, like he said, they aren't complete instructions. Not only is there changes to the main.js file but to the CSS and HTML files as well. Also, you will need to make sure you have the 'myLocation.txt' file in the documents folder as that's what Google uses to find location info. WidgetWeather will actually create this file for you. There is a switch in settings.

Here's one I just completed. City and street address from Google...

-img_0517.png

I will post a complete tutorial if people want but I have to agree with Grant that this is unlikely a permanent solution.

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2016-01-22), bliken (2016-01-21), Boots (2016-01-21), Irish_Man (2016-01-22), jm26200 (2016-01-23), kristatos (2016-01-22), lostinthemes (2016-01-29), Max_Pa1n (2016-01-24), NewD (2016-01-21), nik1975 (2016-01-21), Proctor (2016-01-21)

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2016-01-22)

So long story short, won't our WW2 widgets and LS themes work anymore? This just started today. Did some update take place that I don't know about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 6 on 8.4

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    What we tried was constant GPS monitoring, which turned out to be a pain in the backside.
    For weather you just need "a" GPS position, no constant monitoring because the weather within 200 meter around me is still the same.
    But weather framework updates GPS on demand and I am using it for months, no WW2 to "initialize" weather framework nor do I have to open the Weather app.
    And before you say you don't want to push a button every time you want a weather/location update as this is "on Demand".
    Well, the cycript script, gets loaded with the body onLoad tag and because cydgets get loaded each time you open them weather framework GPS location gets updated each time. One other reason I like cydgets, as widgets do NOT get loaded each time you open the Springboard.
    Anyway there are other possibilities, as I actually do not use this body onLoad tag way anymore.
    I use an automated system (GPS and weather data update at certain intervals), with the option to update with touch function.
    This also will work in widgets.
    Just a cycript that hooks into the weather framework, updates and I get the latitude and longitude of my current position.
    A more detailed description can be found at Inner working of MYO 6 - Rasputin007 - Forum.

As you'll remember, Ras, I did extensive testing with you on MY05. And I enjoyed exploring alternatives with you last February. But as I recall it did not auto update by any standard that I consider to be auto updating. Did you change some significant things in MYO6 to overcome that issue? Anything I've tried based on the weather.framework - including June's stuff - aren't auto updating from my tests. Unless you found a new hooking system. I'm all ears!

I freely admit I don't understand Cycrypt anywhere near as well as you or June or others who use it. But the testing I did with you with MYO5 didn't pan out the way I hoped.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-01-22 at 12:06 AM.

Yes, that was MYO5, but MYO6 is a bit different. I am using it for about 6 month now.
    Let's say I go from home to town A for some shopping, if I open the LS it says "Town A" with the latest weather info. If it says "Village B", which is on the way to Town A, then that happened because it was an automated update (GPS and weather) interval. Which still is not much of a problem, one tap on the touch function and GPS location and weather have been updated and it will say "Town A'.
    I have WW2 installed, but disabled, but I also do not use the stock weather app either as WeatherUnderground app is much better.
    It works for me, otherwise I would not use it. I am happy with it. But have to work on version 7 now that I do no longer need javascripts for sun/moon rise and set times as both are now in the response xml file.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2016-01-22 at 12:19 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2016-01-22)

Page 441 of 614 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541 ... LastLast