Page 432 of 614 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,640 of 12265

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Didn't dream weaver have live editing?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2016-01-06)

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Didn't dream weaver have live editing?
    Yes, I use Dreamweaver CS6, both on PC and Mac. However there are limits, which would not bother "normal" use, but if you start using databases or cycript DW won't work.
    Also when using a free code editor (I use Bluefish ), testing webkit code can be confusing as different browsers might requiere different webkit code in order to work. So, even if it is a bit more work, cross test with different browsers and ultimately copy the html file into /var/mobile/Documents and open with Filza/iFile to double check it is working as intended.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Yes, I use Dreamweaver CS6, both on PC and Mac. However there are limits, which would not bother "normal" use, but if you start using databases or cycript DW won't work.
    Also when using a free code editor (I use Bluefish ), testing webkit code can be confusing as different browsers might requiere different webkit code in order to work. So, even if it is a bit more work, cross test with different browsers and ultimately copy the html file into /var/mobile/Documents and open with Filza/iFile to double check it is working as intended.
    This is exactly why I'm glad I'm on MAC and have TacoHTMLEdit. Even the notion of having to look in a browser or even hit a refresh page button would cost me HOURS more time my coding efforts. Call me a whiney baby -- lol! But I could never code without LivePreview. Also Dreamweaver is pretty pricey. No?

I am using CoffeeCup right now, the ONLY good thing about is that it's free. Feel like I am playing with a "rubics cube" in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    This is exactly why I'm glad I'm on MAC and have TacoHTMLEdit. Even the notion of having to look in a browser or even hit a refresh page button would cost me HOURS more time my coding efforts. Call me a whiney baby -- lol! But I could never code without LivePreview. Also Dreamweaver is pretty pricey. No?
    I am using CoffeeCup right now, the ONLY good thing about it is that it's free. Feel like I am playing with a "rubics cube" in the dark

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Ross View Post
    I am using CoffeeCup right now, the ONLY good thing about it is that it's free. Feel like I am playing with a "rubics cube" in the dark
    When I arrived in 2012, Wayne, I felt the exact same way. Asking everyone to do everything for me. I can't believe what I'm able to do now. Create widgets from scratch and code pretty much anything I need. The best way to start learning is to fool around with an existing widget. Learn how to affect positioning in the Style.css file. With Top and Left and Font Size and everything. Get an understanding of how things are laid out in a widget. That's your very best starting place.. To Mod (modify) an EXISTING widget. Otherwise it will just seem too overwhelming to you - and not even necessary. You don't really need to reinvent the wheel. You just want to modify a widget for your own special tastes.

Yeah, let's spend an extra $1500 on a Mac so I can get free software for widget editing.

Max's Beauty ++ will do live previews I think. But checking in a browser really isn't that big of a deal to click on the refresh button. I highly doubt it saves hours of time.

Real coders don't need live previews, that's just for whiny babies.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

catalyst7 (2016-01-07), chevymusclecar (2016-01-07), menard_00 (2016-01-07), Mike2130 (2016-01-07), rasputin007 (2016-01-07)

When I arrived in 2012, Wayne, I felt the exact same way. Asking everyone to do everything for me. I can't believe what I'm able to do now. Create widgets from scratch and code pretty much anything I need. The best way to start learning is to fool around with an existing widget. Learn how to affect positioning in the Style.css file. With Top and Left and Font Size and everything. Get an understanding of how things are laid out in a widget. That's your very best starting place.. To Mod (modify) an EXISTING widget. Otherwise it will just seem too overwhelming to you - and not even necessary. You don't really need to reinvent the wheel. You just want to modify a widget for your own special tastes.
    Thanks for the motivation. That's what I'm doing now. I am pretty comfortable with editing HTML, it is just so cumbersome when I have to port everything back to my phone just see that I need to move something two spaces to the left or I left off a command. Right now I am "trying" to make the static UNIAW to look like an "HTC" screen, I have seen a few of them but none of them incorporate the cool stuff you can do with Ian's UNIAW, so I figured I would do my own. I'll get there... but thanks for the motivation.
    Stay tuned....

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yeah, let's spend an extra $1500 on a Mac so I can get free software for widget editing.

Max's Beauty ++ will do live previews I think. But checking in a browser really isn't that big of a deal to click on the refresh button. I highly doubt it saves hours of time.

I won't be buying a Mac anytime soon, but thanks for all the advice. Please send me more.... All help is appreciated

Even TacoHTMLEdit will quit live preview when you start using cycript code.
    In those cases there is just one way to test and that is on the iPhone/iPad itself using a ftp client, FileZilla is my prefered choice.

If you thought about what you want to do then the code should work, however "trust is fine, control is better".

btw can't remember when I last used the live preview in Dreamweaver, writing code ->copy onto iPad/iPhone and run is so gone into my routine by now.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2016-01-07 at 01:26 AM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Working with UNIAW 7.1 ... My first attempt at modding. Once I finish, my "touch_slide" for the hourly weather stopped working. I didn't do anything to that line of code. Does anyone have an idea of what I screwed up?
    Any help would be appreciated.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wayne Ross For This Useful Post:

adioph (2016-01-08)

Thanks

Working with UNIAW 7.1 ... My first attempt at modding. Once I finish, my "touch_slide" for the hourly weather stopped working. I didn't do anything to that line of code. Does anyone have an idea of what I screwed up?
    Every line of code changed affects every other line of code. That's the coding world, sir! Just delete previous steps one by one til it starts working again. And that alone will be a huge learning step.

"... when I changed this... it stopped working... hmmm.. why would changing THAT make it stop working...".. That's the learning curve. We obviously can't answer as broad a question as you posed there Wayne. You'd need to be very specific posting what code line you were working on.. what you changed it from-to, etc. Happy to help - but need great specificity.

Every line of code changed affects every other line of code. That's the coding world, sir! Just delete previous steps one by one til it starts working again. And that alone will be a huge learning step.

"... when I changed this... it stopped working... hmmm.. why would changing THAT make it stop working...".. That's the learning curve. We obviously can't answer as broad a question as you posed there Wayne. You'd need to be very specific posting what code line you were working on.. what you changed it from-to, etc. Happy to help - but need great specificity.
    ...hmmm, I moved everything around in "Style.css" changed a lot of colors. Really just repositioned a lot of things. If I do a back-track to see where I nudged something the wrong way... It would be easier to scrap it and start over.

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    ...hmmm, I moved everything around in "Style.css" changed a lot of colors. Really just repositioned a lot of things. If I do a back-track to see where I nudged something the wrong way... It would be easier to scrap it and start over.
    Exactly. That's what I do. You'll be surprised at how quickly it will go the second time through. You'll remember 95% of what you moved. Likely you just forgot a period or a semicolon ; or added a space where you shouldn't have. Or erased or added a curve bracket { }.
    Even those minor little things in the style.CSS can mess up the code.
    Last edited by NewD; 2016-01-08 at 12:47 AM.

You might want to try a compare software. It will show you side by side and highlight the differences.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Irish_Man (2016-01-09), Marty McFly (2016-01-08), metaserph (2016-01-08)

You might want to try a compare software. It will show you side by side and highlight the differences.
    Notepad++ with this plugin = awesome...
    Notepad++ Compare plugin download | SourceForge.net

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

Irish_Man (2016-01-09), King_O_Hill (2016-01-08), kristatos (2016-01-08), menard_00 (2016-01-11), metaserph (2016-01-08), NewD (2016-01-08)

Thanks

I use a software called DiffMerge to do comparing.

Maybe you put the touch in a container? Or the z-index of the touch is to low? Or you alter the js?

Hi all,

I just updated the simple base widget (link is in post 1), there was a minor mistake in the main.js & I removed the unused code from the touch.js, but for those with already modded versions it's nothing to worry about, just if you are going to make a new mod, best you re-download the base widget first.

So my holiday is coming to an end & unfortunately I didn't manage to get my new bar open so it's going to have to wait till my return in April.

I have been working on my bike too (photo attached).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ians_crf250l.png  

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2016-01-08), dubailive (2016-01-08), King_O_Hill (2016-01-08), kristatos (2016-01-08), Marty McFly (2016-01-08), Mary48336 (2016-01-08), NewD (2016-01-08), nik1975 (2016-01-09), Proctor (2016-01-08)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ;7342427
    Hi all,

I just updated the simple base widget (link is in post 1), there was a minor mistake in the main.js & I removed the unused code from the touch.js, but for those with already modded versions it's nothing to worry about, just if you are going to make a new mod, best you re-download the base widget first.

So my holiday is coming to an end & unfortunately I didn't manage to get my new bar open so it's going to have to wait till my return in April.

I have been working on my bike too (photo attached).
    Nice mate and happy new year!

Wondering if it would be easy to convert your simple widget to have all the elements without touch forecast so we could make simple widgets that show just whatever items you want? I would still want the forecast shown though!

Kind of like this:

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1452252079.377783.jpg

Cheers pal

Page 432 of 614 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast