Page 305 of 614 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,100 of 12264

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

Freaking awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldskoolsk8r For This Useful Post:

ferlop15 (2015-08-04), jm26200 (2015-08-04), VOLTAGExDT (2015-08-04)

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
    Freaking awesome! [IMG][/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, it is.....That's some nice out-of-the-box thinking, Volt.....one of the best mods I've seen in a looonggggg time!!

Love the little 'android guy'!!....what the heck you doin checking out my icons little dude, Lol!?

------------------------------------------------------------------

my daily LS, a favorite,
    Coffee Diary,
    Last edited by ferlop15; 2015-08-04 at 02:05 AM.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-08-04), Best01 (2015-08-04), dadyajie (2015-08-04), jawonder (2015-08-04), jm26200 (2015-08-04), Marty McFly (2015-08-04), MrDLewis321 (2015-08-04), Papichulo74 (2015-08-04)

Quote Originally Posted by ferlop15 View Post
    Yes, it is.....That's some nice out-of-the-box thinking, Volt.....one of the best mods I've seen in a looonggggg time!!

Love the little 'android guy'!!....what the heck you doin checking out my icons little dude, Lol!?

------------------------------------------------------------------

my daily LS, a favorite,
    Coffee Diary,
    The empire is always watching

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VOLTAGExDT For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2015-08-04)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,465 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTAGExDT View Post
    As for ifile adding spaces. When you open it how do you open it?
    You tell ifile to open it in text viewer. However it is not a text document.
    What else would you call a .js, .css or .html file? They're not Property Lists (except .plists).. They're 'text documents', bro. That's all they 'could be'..

To say another tweak is the cause is well absurd.
    Possibly - but I thought it was logical since it's clearly not a bug of iFile alone. If iFile, itself, had a bug - it would affect 100% of users. It does not. Several of us have proved that.

If you want to test my issues. Take a file and make a copy
    Then u can mess around with it
    Edit it save it
    Edit it save it.
    Do it about 10 times.
    Then. Start to look at how long the file is and all the spaces added.
    Have done this process HUNDREDS of times in 4 years. iFile has never added a single line to the code I've worked on. I'm not alone. In fact, from the people that have reported on this so far - it seems like those of you who experience this are in very much a minority. So, again... I believe it's very logical to conclude there's a tweak conflict somewhere. Mostly because I haven't heard any other compelling explanations. I don't believe we can say 'any' theory is 'absurd' until we know for sure why iFile doesn't exhibit this behavior 'EVER' with some people on any phone, any firmware.

Where I've seen this behavior - as I mentioned to King a few pages ago - is when I've gotten a file mod on my phone from someone who's used Notepad++ on their PC. That editor adds carriage returns to code. THEN when someone open in iFile - then reopens in NotePad++ and saves again. I've seen the spaces double. But I've only seen this occurrence on mods that have been edited in a PC browser - specifically NotePad++.. But even then -- when I open it on MY phone, edit and save, in iFile on my phone - iFile adds no 'more' spaces.

So the only conclusion I can come to from my own personal use (Ferlop mentioned no weirdness - and I'll bet Chevy can also attest to that) iFile itself doesn't have a reproducible bug on all phones in all settings. It COULD have a bug -- but it only expresses itself in the presence of some interim step or other tweak. I think the interim step that causes the bug is to have had the file, at least once, opened in a PC editor that adds carriage returns. Then the iFile "alleged" bug might express itself when opened and saved again and again as you describe, Volt.

Just tested again... and for me - your mod doesn't get added lines in iFile when I open, edit, save and repeat the process as you prescribed above as a test. So my last theory there can't be right either. I'm back to tweak conflict.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-08-04 at 03:48 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-08-06), mike42 (2015-08-04), oldskoolsk8r (2015-08-04)

A css is a cascading style sheet. Not text.
    HTML is hyper text
    Js JavaScript.

All web based programs.

Furthermore to prove that nothing else can cause this take the theme and try to edit it in sbhtml. It will tell u it doesn't have permission to it. If it doesn't then no other program would grant itself access.

Just to write code to it.

Just because u can view it in a text reader does not make it text.

I can use a quick time program to view a picture does that make the picture a quick time program?

The mere word JavaScript states it's not a text file its a script.

Anyhow I can assure u that modified uniaw inside ifile has broken it.

How do I know. Cause look at all who have had problems. It's because I AND others have taken and edited it via ifile.

Thanks

A css is a cascading style sheet. Not text.
    HTML is hyper text
    Js JavaScript.

All web based programs.
    Which 'contain' text. Volt. Don't want to get lost in a semantics argument with you, bro. I totally respect your experience! But pro developers all day, every day, edit 'js', css and html in text editing softwares. How do I know? I work with them daily. So I'm not quite sure why opening in a "text editor" matters. Very common daily practice amongst pros.
    Furthermore to prove that nothing else can cause this take the theme and try to edit it in sbhtml. It will tell u it doesn't have permission to it. If it doesn't then no other program would grant itself access.
    This doesn't prove that iFile has a bug, bro. Though I do believe something's happening in iFile in the presence of 'something else running' on certain phones. Again - if it were solely iFile's fault - it would express itself in every single edit by every single person using it. And as I think we both agree - that's not the case.
    Just because u can view it in a text reader does not make it text.
    Agreed. But irrelevant to the current issue with iFile.
    Anyhow I can assure u that modified uniaw inside ifile has broken it.
    But modified by WHAT is the question. I've just done three unique updates for my own pleasure to your main.js and animations.js and the resultant mod has no lines added and it works perfectly on my three different phones all on different firmwares.
    How do I know. Cause look at all who have had problems. It's because I AND others have taken and edited it via ifile.
    Yeah I see the connection you're making. But why is it working perfectly for me even after you've edited it in iFile? Without being able to explain that - creates so much doubt as to iFile being the culprit. Though I'm open to another interpretation. Can you explain why it only happens to a few people? Do you agree that if it never happens to certain people using iFile regularly for editing - that it can't be an iFile bug - alone?

Default UniAW7
    [QUOTE=NewD;7292353
    Yeah I see the connection you're making. But why is it working perfectly for me even after you've edited it in iFile? Without being able to explain that - creates so much doubt as to iFile being the culprit. Though I'm open to another interpretation. Can you explain why it only happens to a few people? Do you agree that if it never happens to certain people using iFile regularly for editing - that it can't be an iFile bug - alone?[/QUOTE]

I have a theory on that but only a theory

I cannot run gb+ because if I do the main needs to be changed to a different version

This tells me that each bit of software is reading the code different
    Some more particular.

Examples are on my sons iMac I can run uniaw html files great. Using safari

On my pc server I try to run uniaw html on its safari and I get barely anything.

As well some tweaks work great iOS 8.3 not on 8.4

Again all theory.

I don't know any "pro developers" that use text editing software. The ones I know use code editing software that is able to set the type of code file formatting.

I've not had a real issue with making a simple edit, but usually when I cut and paste something. Maybe that's where the bug comes in.

Also, just because there is text in a file doesn't make it a text file. C'mon bro, now that's just really reaching.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2015-08-04), VOLTAGExDT (2015-08-04)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I don't know any "pro developers" that use text editing software. The ones I know use code editing software that is able to set the type of code file formatting.

I've not had a real issue with making a simple edit, but usually when I cut and paste something. Maybe that's where the bug comes in.

Also, just because there is text in a file doesn't make it a text file. C'mon bro, now that's just really reaching.
    Yes. I completely agree. I was just making the point that "that distinction" is irrelevant to the current iFile mystery. But you're right of course. There's a difference.. Though I think it would NOT be so "reaching" to state: "Though text editors aren't code editors most text editors can edit code".. Fair enough?
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-08-04 at 05:27 AM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2015-08-04), King_O_Hill (2015-08-04), kristatos (2015-08-04), mike42 (2015-08-04), TiLT1oNE (2015-08-04)

Thanks

I have a theory on that but only a theory

I cannot run gb+ because if I do the main needs to be changed to a different version

This tells me that each bit of software is reading the code different
    Some more particular.

Examples are on my sons iMac I can run uniaw html files great. Using safari

On my pc server I try to run uniaw html on its safari and I get barely anything.

As well some tweaks work great iOS 8.3 not on 8.4

Again all theory.
    All plausible bro. I hope we get some answers.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2015-08-04)

Has anyone got this to work on 6Plus running GB+

This time i downloaded a fresh copy from PC and put it Dropbox and then I went to drop box on my phone and unarchived it and still get black screen saying no xml.

I changed it from auto to iPh6Plus

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1438662975.396289.jpg

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    Has anyone got this to work on 6Plus running GB+

This time i downloaded a fresh copy from PC and put it Dropbox and then I went to drop box on my phone and unarchived it and still get black screen saying no xml.

I changed it from auto to iPh6Plus

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1438662975.396289.jpg
    Doesn't work on my 6+ either. Completely black screen. I don't even get the wallpaper to show.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

bliken (2015-08-04)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    You guys both used the main.js from the 732 version?

And made sure the // was in front of jQuery.get and not in front of groovyAPI.do?

All Volt's "fresh copies" are set up to use SBHTML and not GB+. You have to edit the main.js to make them work with GB+. The "no xml" and black screen proves the main.js is set up for SBHTML.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-08-04 at 01:52 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2015-08-04), metaserph (2015-08-04)

Running perfectly on my 6+. Did as Grant said. Took main.js from ver. 732 and changed // from groovyAPI line to jQuery line.
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1438695158.605262.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Yes. I completely agree. I was just making the point that "that distinction" is irrelevant to the current iFile mystery. But you're right of course. There's a difference.. Though I think it would NOT be so "reaching" to state: "Though text editors aren't code editors most text editors can edit code".. Fair enough?
    Hi newD,

I used iFile in the past, since it was released But on iOS8, I heard/read iFile is a lil buggy. So I switched over to Filza, now I hear/read that Filza has some bugs with permissions during xtracting some zip files. What would you prefer for now, using Filza, or better grab iFile? Sometimes I have to edit some .css, .html, and some .js files on my phone.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    Hi newD,

I used iFile in the past, since it was released But on iOS8, I heard/read iFile is a lil buggy. So I switched over to Filza, now I hear/read that Filza has some bugs with permissions during xtracting some zip files. What would you prefer for now, using Filza, or better grab iFile? Sometimes I have to edit some .css, .html, and some .js files on my phone.

Thanks in advance
    Hi, TILT! I only unzip in iFile. And I edit in both iFile and Filza and have never had any issues that others have talked about. IFile is rock solid in iOS 8 for me.. Your mileage may vary.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2015-08-04), Mike2130 (2015-08-04)

Rock solid? So it's never even closed on you for no reason as many have reported?

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

28. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2015-08-04)

I'm glad you guys are getting it to work.

As for ifile adding spaces. When you open it how do you open it?

You tell ifile to open it in text viewer. However it is not a text document.

To say another tweak is the cause is well absurd.

If you want to test my issues. Take a file and make a copy

Then u can mess around with it

Edit it save it

Edit it save it.

Do it about 10 times.

Then. Start to look at how long the file is and all the spaces added.

Also the main from version 1 2 3 4 5 7 9 4099 is all the same. Meaning you won't lose new things if u use an older one. Hell use the original from post one page one.

I'm not sure why it's broke in some phones and others it's fine.
    So we have to put the 732 main.js in the javasceipt folder from 4.5?

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    So we have to put the 732 main.js in the javasceipt folder from 4.5?
    Shouldn't have to. The one in it should work just fine

31. The Following User Says Thank You to VOLTAGExDT For This Useful Post:

TiLT1oNE (2015-08-04)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Rock solid? So it's never even closed on you for no reason as many have reported?
    In iOS7 - yes - it was driving me (all of us) absolutely batty. But not yet in 8. And I was clear to say "in IOS8". But I should have said 'for me' - as well. Personally, no, I haven't read any reports about iFile crashing in 8. Not saying there hasn't been. Just that I haven't read any.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-08-04 at 08:44 PM. Reason: after re-reading my post that was questioned - changed my reponse

33. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-08-04)

Page 305 of 614 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast