Page 270 of 614 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 12264

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

okay okay,

lets try these for the next few days. I hope when convergance is out, it leaves my phone @ that stable state

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1435611350.697707.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 16,465 Times in 7,696 Posts

As Simon was just mentioning to me in another thread, the early days of a new jailbreak are often a lot more stable respring-wise than the later days of a previous jailbreak. We all have a lot fewer tweaks loaded on our phones because they're not ready yet. But over the next 2 to 3 weeks as we add more tweaks to our phones I think we'll see some of the instability return.

The jury's still out for me whether 8.3 made any real upgrades in memory usage. I still hear about respringing on 6+ and 6 when trying to run and iWidget and an SB widget in SBHTML at the same time. Still others are saying they have no problems at all. GL+ and GB+ ALWAYS created a respring-free environment. So to comment that they're working WAY BETTER than in 8.1.2 isn't really true. They were re-spring free them and now.

I'm going to jailbreak tonight and then I'll join the party of sharing my experiences. In the meantime let's not jump to any conclusions like 8.3 is seriously awesome and way better than 8.1.2. If you read the changelogs they really didn't do any appreciable memory improvements at all in 8.3. So something else is at play here if people are 'feeling' their phones are better.

Let's see if that holds over the next several weeks as we get HSD and Springtomize back, etc, etc..

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2015-06-30), lostinthemes (2015-07-02), Mike2130 (2015-06-30), nik1975 (2015-06-29), Pibe77 (2015-06-29)

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    As Simon was just mentioning to me in another thread, the early days of a new jailbreak are often a lot more stable respring-wise than the later days of a previous jailbreak. We all have a lot fewer tweaks loaded on our phones because they're not ready yet. But over the next 2 to 3 weeks as we add more tweaks to our phones I think we'll see some of the instability return.

The jury's still out for me whether 8.3 made any real upgrades in memory usage. I still hear about respringing on 6+ and 6 when trying to run and iWidget and an SB widget in SBHTML at the same time. Still others are saying they have no problems at all. GL+ and GB+ ALWAYS created a respring-free environment. So to comment that they're working WAY BETTER than in 8.1.2 isn't really true. They were re-spring free them and now.

I'm going to jailbreak tonight and then I'll join the party of sharing my experiences. In the meantime let's not jump to any conclusions like 8.3 is seriously awesome and way better than 8.1.2. If you read the changelogs they really didn't do any appreciable memory improvements at all in 8.3. So something else is at play here if people are 'feeling' their phones are better.

Let's see if that holds over the next several weeks as we get HSD and Springtomize back, etc, etc..
    True i try only on my i6+ and full uniaw7 with SBHTML and have more then 10 tweaks intalled that i know they all works 100% and in one day test no respring but when i add on GL an uniaw7 enable many animations i did get 2 resprings in 10 min so not sure what apple did but they did something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cocco26 For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-06-30), dmick89 (2015-06-30), kristatos (2015-06-30), Pibe77 (2015-06-29)

All you gotta do is compare the first few days of the 8.3 jailbreak to the first few days of the 8 and 8.1 jailbreaks. After those releases this became primarily a thread about resprings. I expect some more resprings are going to occur than the first few days, but compared to those other releases, it's not even close. Memory is still an issue and always will be from this point forward, but Apple fixed some things, as we'd expect.
    Thanks a lot to Sk37cH, DjeTouch, Alfroggy, Maxone, Jusephe and Meth. My phone would be boring without them.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dmick89 For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-06-30), kristatos (2015-06-30), Pibe77 (2015-06-30), wrussell1989 (2015-06-30)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    I had no resprings of any kind on my 6 in the first 3 weeks of 8.1 JB.. running full UniAW7 on LS in GL and in SBHTML. I was not alone. Only a few 6 owners like Simon mentioned a few resprings a day in those early days of 8.1. It was only 6+ owners that were taking about Respring city in those early days... UNTIL the bigger tweaks got done - like Springtomize and several others. Then even 5S and 6 owners were getting 3, 4, 5 resprings a day. That was too much for me. Right about then Jake created GL+ and GB+. And everyone was Respring free.

So we have very different memories of those early days, Dmick! Only thing is "I'm right" !!

Right now - from what I've read - only one thing is confirmed significantly improved across all phones on 8.3. --> when running GL+.. No more black screens. No more need for Insomnia. And that's a WKWebView improvement. And yet Apples changelogs don't mention anything about any updates to WK or memory management.. So little bit of a mystery. But hey. We'll take anything we can get!!

Oh and 6+ owners aren't crashing as much in the early days of 8.3 as they were in early days of 8.1.. Your point was correct for 6+ owners!
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-06-30 at 02:02 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (2015-07-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

My resprings are still the same on my 6 plus 8.3, i tried UniAW 7 with SBHTML and no Lockscreen animation.

For the first few minutes things looked great then as soon as i did a respring or lock my device and tried opening it it starts to respring like crazy, had do a force safemode and remove SBHTML.

So we have very different memories of those early days, Dmick! Only thing is "I'm right" !!

Oh and 6+ owners aren't crashing as much in the early days of 8.3 as they were in early days of 8.1.. Your point was correct for 6+ owners!
    You're right but you're not. Good to know.
    Thanks a lot to Sk37cH, DjeTouch, Alfroggy, Maxone, Jusephe and Meth. My phone would be boring without them.

So I just installed uniAW7.1 with GL+ on iOS 8.3 with new jailbreak I did the coding as instructed but when I select it and go back out GL+ says no theme? -imageuploadedbymodmyi1435629098.570612.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 10,986 Times in 2,040 Posts

I had no resprings of any kind on my 6 in the first 3 weeks of 8.1 JB.. running full UniAW7 on LS in GL and in SBHTML. I was not alone. Only a few 6 owners like Simon mentioned a few resprings a day in those early days of 8.1. It was only 6+ owners that were taking about Respring city in those early days... UNTIL the bigger tweaks got done - like Springtomize and several others. Then even 5S and 6 owners were getting 3, 4, 5 resprings a day. That was too much for me. Right about then Jake created GL+ and GB+. And everyone was Respring free.

Right now - from what I've read - only one thing is confirmed significantly improved across all phones on 8.3. --> when running GL+.. No more black screens. No more need for Insomnia. And that's a WKWebView improvement. And yet Apples changelogs don't mention anything about any updates to WK or memory management.. So little bit of a mystery. But hey. We'll take anything we can get!!

GL+ does seem to be running better in terms of the black screens, and Pibe mentioned in another thread that the clock updating is much faster (I can't confirm or deny that). It still is slow to load compared to, for instance, LockHTML4 running the same widget, which is an annoyance.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sital For This Useful Post:

Pibe77 (2015-06-30)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    GL+ does seem to be running better in terms of the black screens, and Pibe mentioned in another thread that the clock updating is much faster (I can't confirm or deny that). It still is slow to load compared to, for instance, LockHTML4 running the same widget, which is an annoyance.
    That's been an annoyance since iOS 7 - even worse in 8. Nothing new. LH4 was always been the fastest loader.. Feels like iOS6 days where widgets were still in WB!

I just JB 8.3 tonight.. And have been running UniAW7, everything turned on, on LS in LH4 and SB in SBHTML for last 2 hours. No resprings on my 6 yet. But I was able to do this at the beginning of the 8.1.2 jailbreak as well. So nothing new really for me here yet.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Pibe77 (2015-06-30)

Thanks

tryet GL+ the first day the new JB was released, but it killed all non stock apps, they closed every time, so new setup and JB once more.
    can some one tell me if GL+ works now ? GB+ works just fine, hate to do a restore one more time

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sju For This Useful Post:

MrDLewis321 (2015-06-30), Pibe77 (2015-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    tryet GL+ the first day the new JB was released, but it killed all non stock apps, they closed every time, so new setup and JB once more.
    can some one tell me if GL+ works now ? GB+ works just fine, hate to do a restore one more time
    GL+ works great in fact better than be for. Smooth and times catches up faster.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1182 View Post
    So I just installed uniAW7.1 with GL+ on iOS 8.3 with new jailbreak I did the coding as instructed but when I select it and go back out GL+ says no theme? -imageuploadedbymodmyi1435629098.570612.jpg
    It has always been this way, the first time, try several times to select and save.

Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    Ttrue, is slower than LockHtml, It works the same way as GB + when you unlock the phone, reload springboard..just half /one second. I do not think half a second can be stressful...

That's been an annoyance since iOS 7 - even worse in 8. Nothing new. LH4 was always been the fastest loader.. Feels like iOS6 days where widgets were still in WB!

I just JB 8.3 tonight.. And have been running UniAW7, everything turned on, on LS in LH4 and SB in SBHTML for last 2 hours. No resprings on my 6 yet. But I was able to do this at the beginning of the 8.1.2 jailbreak as well. So nothing new really for me here yet.
    You're saying you do not notice significant differences..so what do you think about clock? Now it apdates always, just time to reload LS itself. Instead, in ios 8.1 the only way to get clock updated was: Insomnia or Device plugged! So now there is a major improvement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    Strange! Never happened, have you set as new iphone after restore? Are you running all tweak compatible?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pibe77 For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-06-30)

Live Preview forecast gone? Accuweather mode gone? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Live Preview forecast gone? Accuweather mode gone? Or am I missing something?

yes MJ,live forecast was heavy a lot and made phones more unstable

Thanks
    Thanked 10,986 Times in 2,040 Posts

I'm trying out LockHTML on my LS and GB+ on the SB, no animations on either, and seeing how that goes. Prior to 8.3 that combination would give me a few resprings per day (iPhone 6), but so far no resprings (but I was sleeping most of that time!). I've reinstalled 20 of the about 22 tweaks I had before updating, so we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pibe77 View Post
    Ttrue, is slower than LockHtml, It works the same way as GB + when you unlock the phone, reload springboard..just half /one second. I do not think half a second can be stressful...
    Alot of times, I'm just looking at the LS to get a quick check of the time or a notification. So maybe the reload isn't stressful, but it is annoying. But then again alot of things annoy me.
    Last edited by Sital; 2015-06-30 at 01:26 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sital For This Useful Post:

Pibe77 (2015-06-30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pibe77 View Post
    You're saying you do not notice significant differences..so what do you think about clock? Now it apdates always, just time to reload LS itself. Instead, in ios 8.1 the only way to get clock updated was: Insomnia or Device plugged! So now there is a major improvement!!!
    Yes, Pibe! That is the ONLY improvement verifiable on all phones with all users. That aspect of WKWebView seems to have gotten fixed somehow. I'm not using GL+ or GB+ right now because I don't need them. I have no resprings running full animation in LH4 and SBHTML. But as I said this was always possible on an iPhone 6 in the early days after the jailbreak of 8.1.2. IPhone 6+ people probably still need the + versions for no resprings.. And it IS a major improvement to have the clock updating!!

But a lot of people are talking about "massive improvements". That is an exaggeration. It's the same as it was in early 8.1.2 except for that one clock update improvement in GL+ which is AWESOME!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Pibe77 (2015-06-30)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

Default UniAW7
    Yes, Pibe! That is the ONLY improvement verifiable on all phones with all users. That aspect of WKWebView seems to have gotten fixed somehow. I'm not using GL+ or GB+ right now because I don't need them. I have no resprings running full animation in LH4 and SBHTML. But as I said this was always possible on an iPhone 6 in the early days after the jailbreak of 8.1.2. IPhone 6+ people probably still need the + versions for no resprings.. And it IS a major improvement to have the clock updating!!

But a lot of people are talking about "massive improvements". That is an exaggeration. It's the same as it was in early 8.1.2 except for that one clock update improvement in GL+ which is AWESOME!
    Well I agree totally about ""massive improvements"", it is early to judge...just 3-4 day, but like cocco said, we tried for about 30 minutes to run UniAw7 on both, SB and LS in Demo mode, with rain, thunderstorms, lightning, using SBHTML and old Gl....no Respring, and i tried also to stress more time opening and closing most App, lock/ unlock iphone very fast...no respring!
    I think that this would never happen with 8.1. Sure like you said not 100% on iPh6Plus, and maybe some ip6 users, but sure it is better then past, we just have to wait and see what happens when more tweak will be installed.....
    Last edited by Pibe77; 2015-06-30 at 04:49 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

NewD, you keep saying that resprings were completely stopped using GL+ and GB+ on 6+ even on 8.1.2 jailbreak but that simply isn't true at all. I was still getting 2-4 resprings per day on my 6+ using GL+ and GB+ and that's with no animation on lockscreen. And now you're saying that black screens have been eradicated as well on 8.3 JB and that's not true either. Is it better than Before? Yes. Have they been totally eradicated? No. Please stop speaking in absolutes because they're just not accurate.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

dmick89 (2015-06-30)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Oh, here it comes.

LETS GET IT ON!!!!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Mary48336 (2015-07-01), Padgoi (2015-06-30)

Page 270 of 614 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast