Page 262 of 615 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 12287

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Hey Wild!! Glad you're back!! All of Cocco28's widget stuff is already set up to work with "only" Groovyboard+. There was nothing you needed to do in the main.js file from my tutorial to make it work. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe you broke something by even going in there. Redownload it and start over. You may need to have turned on the var groovyplus = true switch in config.js.. But possibly not even that. It's simply works "out-of-the-box".

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Hey Wild!! Glad you're back!! All of Cocco28's widget stuff is already set up to work with "only" Groovyboard+. There was nothing you needed to do in the main.js file from my tutorial to make it work. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe you broke something by even going in there. Redownload it and start over. You may need to have turned on the var groovyplus = true switch in config.js.. But possibly not even that. It's simply works "out-of-the-box".
    I've forgotten how much fun this is!

I have checked in my widgetweather.xml file and the updatetimestring value is erm....missing a value.....from other posts I can see there's a workaround but I can't find it.

Sorry to be a pain but do you have the link or the workaround?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi All,

First of all, thanks all of you about UniA7 (especially Ian) mod, it's really a beautiful mod I use it now. And I really can't take my eyes off my iPhone 6+

But I've a request now. Can anyone help me to remove location and weather description to "a better place" and move clock and weather forecast up, so I can add one more app row?? Please see below picture.

Thanks very much for your kindly assistance. -img_1478.png

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfowler View Post
    I've forgotten how much fun this is!

I have checked in my widgetweather.xml file and the updatetimestring value is erm....missing a value.....from other posts I can see there's a workaround but I can't find it.

Sorry to be a pain but do you have the link or the workaround?
    I'm so sorry to hear that. The widgets don't work without the updatetimestring value. There are certain places around globe where weather.com doesn't report a timestring and we don't know why. A couple of workarounds have been suggested but none actually written yet. I tried one but I don't remember if it worked or not and I don't remember where it is now.. You'll just need to keep poking around. The discussion is either in this thread or the workaround thread.. Or maybe even in the GroovyLock thread. I don't think we ever solved it. You're only the 3rd case we've ever heard of it. And it seems to affect countries in the Middle East. Is that where you live

Also make sure you don't have any other weather tweak loaded. LiveWeather and Forecast both conflict with WidgetWeather.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

briggs5501 (2015-05-13), Wildfowler (2015-05-14)

I'm so sorry to hear that. The widgets don't work without the updatetimestring value. There are certain places around globe where weather.com doesn't report a timestring and we don't know why. A couple of workarounds have been suggested but none actually written yet. I tried one but I don't remember if it worked or not and I don't remember where it is now.. You'll just need to keep poking around. The discussion is either in this thread or the workaround thread.. Or maybe even in the GroovyLock thread. I don't think we ever solved it. You're only the 3rd case we've ever heard of it. And it seems to affect countries in the Middle East. Is that where you live

Also make sure you don't have any other weather tweak loaded. LiveWeather and Forecast both conflict with WidgetWeather.
    I'm in the south west of England so it must be a conflict. I'm going through my tweaks and removing anything I can think of.

Would you mind helping me a bit further? What should be the data in the updatetimestring?

At least then I can rule that out while I work out what is the conflicting tweak.

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briggs5501 View Post
    I'm in the south west of England so it must be a conflict. I'm going through my tweaks and removing anything I can think of.

Would you mind helping me a bit further? What should be the data in the updatetimestring?

At least then I can rule that out while I work out what is the conflicting tweak.

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    is there some reason you made another account to post this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    is there some reason you made another account to post this?
    Tapatalk? It looks like it picked up my Briggs55 login. Damn, the cat's out of the bag now, I've tried to keep it hidden thAt I'm actual THE Lance Briggs, ex Bears linebacker, now free agent in the NFL.

Nah, I'm just the adorable ol' Wildfowler chap from the backwoods wood shack with a dodgy widgetweather.xml file that needs a bit of coding help :-)

Thanks

Tapatalk? It looks like it picked up my Briggs55 login. Damn, the cat's out of the bag now, I've tried to keep it hidden thAt I'm actual THE Lance Briggs, ex Bears linebacker, now free agent in the NFL.

Nah, I'm just the adorable ol' Wildfowler chap from the backwoods wood shack with a dodgy widgetweather.xml file that needs a bit of coding help :-)
    Ah ok, tapatalk can be a bit odd/confusing when you have multiple forums going on it. Try to keep the Wildfowler one active when in it.

Regarding your issue I was in Western UK for christmas, specifically Truro, Camborne etc in Cornwall and didn't have any issues getting a updatetimestring from WW. Are you near any of those places or somewhere different?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ah ok, tapatalk can be a bit odd/confusing when you have multiple forums going on it. Try to keep the Wildfowler one active when in it.

Regarding your issue I was in Western UK for christmas, specifically Truro, Camborne etc in Cornwall and didn't have any issues getting a updatetimestring from WW. Are you near any of those places or somewhere different?
    Not too far, I'm in North Devon, between the moors as a general rule but today I've been in Exeter and Taunton but still no update to the .xml file. Other data is there, location and weather but the updatetimestring has no data. As NewD said in a previous post, no updatetimestring = no widget.

Demo mode works fine.

I need to figure out where the conflict is but in the meantime it would help if I could manually enter the code to check that is the issue.

Andy
    Last edited by Wildfowler; 2015-05-13 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks

Not too far, I'm in North Devon, between the moors as a general rule but today I've been in Exeter and Taunton but still no update to the .xml file. Other data is there, location and weather but the updatetimestring has no data. As NewD said in a previous post, no updatetimestring = no widget.

Demo mode works fine.

I need to figure out where the conflict is but in the meantime it would help if I could manually enter the code to check that is the issue.

Andy
    Very odd, I went through Exeter and don't remember having any problems. What firmware are you on?

Thanks

Demo mode works fine.

Andy
    Andy, are you sure you have WidgetWeather 2 installed ? And not the original WidgetWeather?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Wildfowler (2015-05-14)

Thanks

Andy, are you sure you have WidgetWeather 2 installed ? And not the original WidgetWeather?
    Yep, it's definitely WW2 and I'm on 8.12. I've never installed forecast. I've deleted the old Groovy files and reinstalled using the .deb files. It should work but it doesn't. My WW2 does not seem to want to create the updatetimestring code. At the bottom of the code, around the updatetimestring code I can see my location and weather data is there so it's a mystery to me why it's not working as it should.

Oh well.

Thanks

Yeah.. Unfortunately is seems to be a weather.com thing. Only 3 cases in hundreds of people using WW2 have we see this. One in Saudi Arabia, one in Israel and now you in England. We have several in England using with no issue.. Weird. Can you zip up and post a link here to your WidgetWeather.xml file? Wanna test..

Also I do remember a specific workaround I created.. But can't remember code now.. Search last 15-20 pages here and last 4/5 at the workaround thread.. I think you'll find it.. Or possible the Widget Weather 2 thread!

This is a fix for a missing updatetimestring in widgetweather.xml as I would do it.
    Look for the updateWeather function in main.js and insert the code in red.
    Code:
    function updateWeather() {
    if (XML_TEST == true) { var url = "widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; } else { var url = "file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; }
    jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();
    if (obj.updatetimestring =="") {
    	d=new Date();
    	var year=d.getFullYear();
    	var month=d.getMonth();
    	month =month+1; //month are displayed from 0 to 11, hence the +1
    	var day=d.getDate();
    	var hour=d.getHours();
    	var minute=d.getMinutes();
    	var second=d.getSeconds();
    	var timeOfDay = ( hour < 12 ) ? "AM" : "PM";
    	if (hour>12) hour=hour-12;
    	if (hour<10) hour="0"+hour;
    	if (minute<10) minute="0"+minute;
    	if (second<10) second="0"+second;
    	if (month<10) month="0"+month;
    	if (day<10) day="0"+day;
    	obj.updatetimestring =(year+"-"+month+"-"+day+" "+hour+":"+minute+":"+second+" "+timeOfDay);
    }

// the rest of the updateWeather function
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-05-16), King_O_Hill (2015-05-15), kristatos (2015-05-15), lostinthemes (2015-05-15), NewD (2015-05-15), Platini2000 (2015-05-14), Simon (2016-03-27), Wildfowler (2015-05-17)

Thanks

Yeah.. Unfortunately is seems to be a weather.com thing. Only 3 cases in hundreds of people using WW2 have we see this. One in Saudi Arabia, one in Israel and now you in England. We have several in England using with no issue.. Weird. Can you zip up and post a link here to your WidgetWeather.xml file? Wanna test..

Also I do remember a specific workaround I created.. But can't remember code now.. Search last 15-20 pages here and last 4/5 at the workaround thread.. I think you'll find it.. Or possible the Widget Weather 2 thread!
    Hello,

I've found the workaround and it sort of works but with no sunset and sunrise times which I find really useful to have. I've switched off everything except what is absolutely necessary in M Substrate but WW2 is not updating the updatetimestring value and the sunset/sunrise values. I'm really stumped by this. Here is a link to my WW2 date file - I'd be really grateful if you could take a look at it.

Andy

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...getweather.xml

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Hello,

I've found the workaround and it sort of works but with no sunset and sunrise times which I find really useful to have. I've switched off everything except what is absolutely necessary in M Substrate but WW2 is not updating the updatetimestring value and the sunset/sunrise values. I'm really stumped by this. Here is a link to my WW2 date file - I'd be really grateful if you could take a look at it.

Andy

Yea. In none of the workarounds are we able to pull sunrise/sunset times. You'd have to make a direct call to yahoo or accuweather to get it. It CAN be done.. You'll just need to find a willing bored coder to help you out..

And to be clear.. This isn't a problem with widget weather itself. It's a problem with weather.com not making the time strength and the sunrise and sunset times available to you in your area. Widget weather just uses the same information received by the weather app on your phone which is connected to weather.com.

Trying to turn off other mobile substrates won't really get to the bottom of the issue for you unless you were running the tweak forecast which is the only known conflict with widget weather.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-05-16 at 03:43 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-05-16)

Thanks

Yea. In none of the workarounds are we able to pull sunrise/sunset times. You'd have to make a direct call to yahoo or accuweather to get it. It CAN be done.. You'll just need to find a willing bored coder to help you out..

And to be clear.. This isn't a problem with widget weather itself. It's a problem with weather.com not making the time strength and the sunrise and sunset times available to you in your area. Widget weather just uses the same information received by the weather app on your phone which is connected to weather.com.

Trying to turn off other mobile substrates won't really get to the bottom of the issue for you unless you were running the tweak forecast which is the only known conflict with widget weather.
    Yep, I get that it's not WW2 at fault. I think a fresh JB might be in order, to get rid of anything I've installed that may be the conflict. A while back, I installed a tweak called UK Weather which tweaked the stock weather app to use the UK's Met Office data. I've checked the app again today and there is an option to use it with Forecast which also makes me think this is the cause. I've uninstalled the app and it's not there in M Substrate but I reckon use of this tweak is the root problem.

I'm going to hold off on doing a fresh JB just in case you know of this app. As always, any advice you can give is always most appreciated.

Andy

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Aha!! So you, at one point, DID have Forecast installed on your phone in the past! I'm sure that is indeed the issue. If you go into Cydia and look at the "installed components" list for Forecast you can see every single file it installs and every folder path. Then you could do a thorough search on your phone and see if you got rid of every single component of Forecast. Try getting rid of every component and then do an iCleaner cleaning and then reinstall WW2 and reboot.

Hello,

Andy

There is a javascript which will determine sunrise/sunset times from latitude and longitude, see this post.
    That might be a better solution then making an extra url call to retrieve them, which would actually counteract the purpose of WW2.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-05-16 at 09:26 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

catalyst7 (2015-05-16), King_O_Hill (2015-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,906 Times in 905 Posts

Anyone know why the second light ring is not showing. I have it set to on in the widget. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1431823107.866713.jpg

Page 262 of 615 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast