Page 218 of 614 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 12265

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ian,
    Last two versions, in test mode in Taco, balloons stuck on right of screen and not moving.. Only Sunray is animated. On phone - all works.. Tested right from fresh download twice. Weird?
    Yes, it seems a bit hit & miss with the balloons & clouds, might have to permanently use the fix I posted further back.

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    @Ian i work the version you ve shared yesterday,not the latest that you shared 4 hours ago, on my iPhone 5 with the old Groovylock and at last i have zero resprings 24 hours now!!
    Cross fingers!!!!
    And something else,the windmill when it is appears because i saw it but could understand the exact condition
    Thats good.
    The windmill is just another wind effect, it's only in one or two conditions (can't remember which ones) & will only appear if your actual wind speed is higher than what you have set the "StrongWind" variable in the Config file.

Latest update only fixes astronaut, humidity in "Norwegian" language & some iWidget stuff.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-03-04 at 02:22 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

hell7 (2015-03-05), King_O_Hill (2015-03-04), kristatos (2015-03-04), nik1975 (2015-03-04)

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1425476559.632274.jpgappreciate all the hard work that's gone into uniAW 7.1. Haven't had one hiccup yet. Thanks Ian, David, Freddie, Grant, and all else involved.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike2130 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-03-04), kristatos (2015-03-04)

Thanks

still having white screen sometime on springboard with the latest 7.1. iphone 6 plus, and also have that on the old version, the new version is a bit harder to get the wihte screen to work.

A small thing i use this on lockscreen to, groovylock+ and a lot af the time when i wake the phone up, the temp is not showing just a blank space, all outher info is there, just not the temp !!!

Can someone repost the new code for the Delorean add-in, the one I saw on page one has instructions for an old UniAW because it directs you to add code to three different animations.css files, but the latest d/l only use one animations.css file
    GET SOME!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    The twilight was probably because it was close to your sunset time.

The next time you get "rain" & it shows showers animations please grab your widgetweather.xml file from var/mobile/Documents folder, zip it & post it here, I need to know what weather code it was using. Thanks.
    Hallo, now it's rain, i get sun and maybe twilight, is it correct?
    ....few minuts then i will edit my post and will send you my widgetweather.xml file

twilight

One more question (sorry) can i use the prew Style.css with the last update?

Thanks a lot for your work and patience!!!

EDIT

My widgetweather.xml
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...getweather.rar

Thank you very much!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pibe77; 2015-03-04 at 05:32 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pibe77 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-03-05), MrDLewis321 (2015-03-04)

Small but fatal error in the code of this one, in main.js:
    Code:
    function updateWeather() {
    if (iOS == true) { var url = "widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; } else { var url = "file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; }
    //jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    groovyAPI.do ( { read: "widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml" }, function(data){
    obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();

Should be:

Code:
    function updateWeather() {
    if (iOS == false) { var url = "widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; } else { var url = "file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml"; }
    //jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    groovyAPI.do ( { read: "widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml" }, function(data){
    obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();
    Is this the fix for the astronaut in this version?

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by starholk View Post
    Is this the fix for the astronaut in this version?
    No, I posted the fix for the astronaut on page 216, post #4303.

Changing it to (iOS == false) will make the widget read your own .xml file (your own location & weather data) instead of the one in the themes folder (only used for testing).

There is no need to ever touch that iOS variable, it's all automatic now, it should always say "false".
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-03-05 at 10:00 AM.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-03-05), chevymusclecar (2015-03-05), hell7 (2015-03-05), jm26200 (2015-03-05), King_O_Hill (2015-03-05), kristatos (2015-03-05), NewD (2015-03-05), starholk (2015-03-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Pibe77 View Post
    Hallo, now it's rain, i get sun and maybe twilight, is it correct?
    ....few minuts then i will edit my post and will send you my widgetweather.xml file
    One more question (sorry) can i use the prew Style.css with the last update?
    Thanks a lot for your work and patience!!!
    Thank you very much!
    I checked your .xml file & it's condition code 12, I actually found this a few days ago & updated the widget with the fix at that time.

The twilight comes on 1hr before your sunset time & stays on till your sunset time has passed. But I feel this is a bit long so have now changed it to 30 minutes before your sunset time.

No, cannot use old css file.

I'm currently updating the widget 2 or 3 times per day
    In latest update I can't really remember all things (not many though) but I do remember it has now the pixel code for balloons and clouds, as some users report sticking clouds/balloons sometimes.
    I also changed the windspeed & arrow into a table so if "wind" becomes a longer word with some languages the arrow will automatically move right, this way I can set it closer to the windspeed readings.
    Twilight now appears 30 minutes before sunset time instead of 1 hour before.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-03-05 at 07:42 AM.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-03-05), hell7 (2015-03-05), jm26200 (2015-03-05), King_O_Hill (2015-03-05), kristatos (2015-03-05), Marty McFly (2015-03-05), nik1975 (2015-03-05), Pibe77 (2015-03-05), signori (2015-03-05)

For the UniAW fans.
    Last edited by Platini2000; 2015-03-05 at 01:23 PM.

Rumor:

Breaking news from Technews and the wonderful resource that is the Asian supply chain is that Apple is prepping the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus to have 2GB of LPDDR4-based RAM. That compares to 1GB of LPDDR3 RAM in the current iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. This may sound boring, but it’s actually brilliant.

If thats true, its looking good.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Platini2000 For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-03-05), <Ian Nicoll/> (2015-03-05), King_O_Hill (2015-03-05), kristatos (2015-03-05), lostinthemes (2015-03-12), Marty McFly (2015-03-06), Wayne Ross (2015-03-05)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

I checked your .xml file & it's condition code 12, I actually found this a few days ago & updated the widget with the fix at that time.

The twilight comes on 1hr before your sunset time & stays on till your sunset time has passed. But I feel this is a bit long so have now changed it to 30 minutes before your sunset time.

No, cannot use old css file.

I'm currently updating the widget 2 or 3 times per day
    In latest update I can't really remember all things (not many though) but I do remember it has now the pixel code for balloons and clouds, as some users report sticking clouds/balloons sometimes.
    I also changed the windspeed & arrow into a table so if "wind" becomes a longer word with some languages the arrow will automatically move right, this way I can set it closer to the windspeed readings.
    Twilight now appears 30 minutes before sunset time instead of 1 hour before.
    Thank you very much

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pibe77 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-03-05)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Yes the greater RAM will have many uses to be sure. But among them won't likely be any greater stability for high animation widgets like UniAW. .. since our respring problem is a function mostly of high CPU usage issues with UIWebKit that we've read about. RAM is in the equation -- and 2GB of RAM will likely give us 'some' relief - but a rock solid LS/SB player that uses WKWebView perfectly is our only long term solution in my view. Hoping we even get it in 8.2 or 8.3...

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yes the greater RAM will have many uses to be sure. But among them won't likely be any greater stability for high animation widgets like UniAW. .. since our respring problem is a function mostly of high CPU usage issues with UIWebKit that we've read about. RAM is in the equation -- and 2GB of RAM will likely give us 'some' relief - but a rock solid LS/SB player that uses WKWebView perfectly is our only long term solution in my view. Hoping we even get it in 8.2 or 8.3...
    You have crash logs stating that springboard is being killed because of high cpu usage? Or is this conclusion solely based off of benchmark comparisons between wkwebview and uiwebview?

I think 2gb ram will help more than you think. If the iPad Air 2 is any indication. I average about 1 respring a week on that device, if that. Just makes more sense logically to me that ram is a bigger factor here with regards to resprings.

In any case the new devices will undoubtedly have better/faster CPUs as well. So regardless of which factor causes (or combination of the two) resprings should be less of an issue. I agree wkwebview is the long term solution. I still haven't had one respring on my i6 yet when running only a wkwebview platform.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-03-05), King_O_Hill (2015-03-05), kristatos (2015-03-05), NewD (2015-03-05), Platini2000 (2015-03-05), Wayne Ross (2015-03-05)

Maybe it'll have a bigger CPU too, then I'll put more.. BIGGER animations in UniAW LOL..

Grant, I forgot to ask you, when you said your phone got hot, maybe your weather was sunny? In snow conditions the phone maybe gets very cold? This could be something Dacal added but didn't tell us. LMAO...

EDIT:
    Just saw Simon's post above & I have to agree, I also think the ram topping out is most likely
    what is causing the re-springs. I "think" if CPU was struggling you would see a lot of jerkiness in the animations.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-03-05 at 02:40 PM.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-03-05), King_O_Hill (2015-03-05), kristatos (2015-03-05), lostinthemes (2015-03-12), mike42 (2015-03-05), orangefreddie (2015-03-05), Platini2000 (2015-03-05), Simon (2015-03-05), Wayne Ross (2015-03-05)

Hello Ian, the other day you gave me great instructions on how to lower my mod display. Did something change in the latest version, because I have tried five times to Chang those lines of code but my mod doesn't move but the clock goes down and a little to the side. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1425574295.425173.jpg
    GET SOME!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

I have been monitoring my Ram since using UNIAW 7 and I can say with 100 percent certainty that RAM has been the issue for me. I know exactly when I will get a respring based solely on where my RAM is at.

I most definitely do not think it is CPU related at all. That is just silly considering the power of the mobile processor in the 6 and 6 plus.

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I have been monitoring my Ram since using UNIAW 7 and I can say with 100 percent certainty that RAM has been the issue for me. I know exactly when I will get a respring based solely on where my RAM is at.

I most definitely do not think it is CPU related at all. That is just silly considering the power of the mobile processor in the 6 and 6 plus.
    What then explains zero resprings when running html animation in WKWebView - same RAM?

I agree with Ian's, Simon's (and yours) assertion that RAM is 'in this equation'. But I don't believe it's our Respring smoking gun - not by a long shot. UniAW5 ran perfectly with full animation with zero resprings in 512mb ram. Seems too simplistic to make RAM the central issue.

Yes, Simon, benchmark high CPU usage in UI compared to WK was huge in shaping my view on this. If RAM were the central issue using a different HTML player (WK), being the only new variable, wouldn't be solving the resprings.. Now-- If anyone has any real data comparing UI and WK RAM efficiency - that could be very telling and would modify my view. If WK runs more efficiently "in RAM".. that could explain it.. I'll do some poking around..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-03-05 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    it is very logical to conclude CPU momentary overloads causing the resprings if UI is running inefficiently with the CPU which has been proven by the benchmarks we all saw. 5 uses less CPU = less resprings in UI -- 6Plus uses more CPU than all others to run its enhanced features = more resprings in UI.. RAM is same on all phones 5 to 6+. Simple scientific observation to me. Can't be sure about causality - and that's why we can't know for 100% sure. But it's a logical conclusion to me that RAM in"suff"iciency isn't the problem. If that were true.. IPhone 5 would Respring as much as a 6+. And we know it does not.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

What then explains zero resprings when running html animation in WKWebView - same RAM?
    My latest thinking on this is actually related to why the timers etc. stop working with wkwebview. I don't think wkwebview itself is crashing less than uiwebview. I just think when wkwebview crashes it doesn't bring down springboard with it since we know from having to run insomnia to keep it alive that wkwebview acts more as a third party app then a system one. Something I have noticed running wkwebview is that using crash reporter I get a webkit crash that normally corresponds to the white screens people talk about using groovyboard+. My thinking is this is the equivalent of the resprings we get using uiwebview, but because wkwebview isn't as deeply integrated (or doesn't have the same system permissions) it doesn't bring springboard down with it (respring). It simply crashes and starts again like any third party app would.

If this is the case then the benchmarks showing less cpu usage using wkwebview would actually show that this isn't the cause of the crashes. Since wkwebview is still crashing as much as uiwebview. The end result of that crash is what differs.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-03-05), <Ian Nicoll/> (2015-03-06), King_O_Hill (2015-03-06), NewD (2015-03-05)

[QUOTE=Wayne Ross;7235442]Hello Ian, the other day you gave me great instructions on how to lower my mod display. Did something change in the latest version, because I have tried five times to ....

I figured out my stupidity
    GET SOME!!

Page 218 of 614 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast