Page 205 of 614 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 12263

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

i notice: animation Off stop working as soon as put iphone out of stand by, with Groovylock+ or Convergance.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    No I'm not using GL+ I hate it and I don't understand how any of you use that tweak.

I'm running this version with Convergance and I haven't had a respring, white screen, black screen, hot phone, timer stoppage, or any of the other crap y'all get by running GL+
    We use GL+/GB+ because, with it, we get zero re-springs and without it we get respring-city on widgets that have any serious animation in them. And for me, (and others on 5,5S and 6), using Insomnia, I have no stopped timers on LS, no hot phone ever, maybe one white screen a day if that, very little additional battery drain … and the result is I have perfectly beautiful full animation widgets running on my SB and my LS all day every day - with no side effects that phase me. That's hardly "crap" in my book... but each to his own…

But my guess is that this new version Ian just finished avoided some CSS and WebKit cpu/ram insensities that were causing the resprings before we had the workaround of GL+. As I recall - even 6+ users were able to run UniAW6.4 without resprings in regular GL, Conv and LH4.

I'm excited to see a leaner/meaner UniAW7.1 that may not need WKWebView as much. Downloading now.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-26 at 09:26 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2015-02-26)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Anyway people I got to sleep now so your on your own
    Tomorrow.
    Wonderful, Ian! Works great in Convergence, LH4 and GL original - but has forecast issues for me in GL+ like OrangeFreddie showed. Don't know if you're using any "viewport" scaling in UniAW7.1.. But that's been found to be broken in GL+'s implementation of WKWebViewJust another thing to consider..

• Like a couple of others.. I've been running this in Convergence (no GL+) for about 30 minutes now and no resprings.. I think you may have done it, mate! --> made 7.1 lean and mean with the % width stuff and whatever other cool things you 'added'.. You may have reduced our dependence on WKWebView.. SO GREAT!!

• The whole concept of an auto positioning widget for all sizes..! Wow.. No more "can you make this for 5S" please... anymore... for modders who learn this technique. Once again you are an 'innovator' and move the whole community forward! Hats off!

• Only one request I see so far.. Can we get a 'HOME' button 'somewhere' that returns the multilocations feature back to the 'main' widgetweather.xml in your folder? Right now you have to click back through all 5 locations to get back to number 1 (main).. I know there's not much room left - but just a thought and a couple of other modders implemented this with multilocation.

Are the medium balloons supposed to be moving? They seem stationary for me at this time.. I'll keep checking..

Thank you again. Superb, sir!!!
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-26 at 09:26 PM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-02-27), Glawrence33 (2015-02-27), Mary48336 (2015-02-27), nik1975 (2015-02-26), TiLT1oNE (2015-02-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Sounds good. I never saw the point of having animations constantly running in the background for your lockscreen. Better to just have a touch function for that.

Plus, having animations constantly running not only affects your battery, it can cause your phone to run hot. The longer your phone runs hot, the more it degrades your battery and reduces its lifespan.

So, well done Ian.
    Hi Krima thx for the words,

Will the widget didnt stop on both, the LS snd the SB when the phone goes into sleep?

...@ian, cant wait to test the new version on my i6

Quote Originally Posted by Pibe77 View Post
    i notice: animation Off stop working as soon as put iphone out of stand by, with Groovylock+ or Convergance.
    It isn't that it stops working, it's because the widget restarts, so best you set this option in the Config.js:
    var noAnimationsOnStartup = true;
    If you were one of the first ones to download it, it will be set to false, but I updated the link an hour or 2 later.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-02-27), Pibe77 (2015-02-27)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 977 Posts

I have a question...I have an i5 with iOS7...on the LS everything works fine except the balloons don't move...would it be because of the var noAnimationsOnStartup thing too?..I will re-download the newer version and see...

When I wake the phone up the balloons are half way on the screen but then they don't move at all...using regular GL...

If you see the screens...look at the time..three different times with the balloons in the same spot...wind at 19km/h...

-031.png -032.png -033.png

Sunrays were working fine during these couple of minutes...so it was just the balloons...
    Last edited by kristatos; 2015-02-27 at 02:55 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kristatos For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-02-27)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    1. Wonderful, Ian! Works great in Convergence, LH4 and GL original - but has forecast issues for me in GL+ like OrangeFreddie showed. Don't know if you're using any "viewport" scaling in UniAW7.1.. But that's been found to be broken in GL+'s implementation of WKWebViewJust another thing to consider..

2. Like a couple of others.. I've been running this in Convergence (no GL+) for about 30 minutes now and no resprings.. I think you may have done it, mate! --> made 7.1 lean and mean with the % width stuff and whatever other cool things you 'added'.. You may have reduced our dependence on WKWebView.. SO GREAT!!

3. The whole concept of an auto positioning widget for all sizes..! Wow.. No more "can you make this for 5S" please... anymore... for modders who learn this technique. Once again you are an 'innovator' and move the whole community forward! Hats off!

4. Only one request I see so far.. Can we get a 'HOME' button 'somewhere' that returns the multilocations feature back to the 'main' widgetweather.xml in your folder? Right now you have to click back through all 5 locations to get back to number 1 (main).. I know there's not much room left - but just a thought and a couple of other modders implemented this with multilocation.

5. Are the medium balloons supposed to be moving? They seem stationary for me at this time.. I'll keep checking..

Thank you again. Superb, sir!!!
    1. Link updated with forecast fix. It will work till David looks over all the code.

2. Strange it's better for some but not for all, I can go further.. Yonks ago it was said that using "translate3d" would invoke hardware acceleration, so everybody used it. Later we find out that this doesn't work anymore. I had issue with balloons & clouds, couldn't get the float distance to scale, while looking for answers I read many times that "translate3d" uses a lot of memory in webKit, so I guess I could try changing all of them to something else.

3. Thanks!

4. LOL.. yeah, I thought hard about this one when coding it, I was trying to restrain users from using too many locations just incase it was causing any issues, in truth, I changed the code so it would only read one extra location (widgetweather.xml & widgetweather1.xml), so I removed the home button as not needed, but then, later, I thought people would complain so reluctantly undid the change, but I have forgotten to put back the home button.

5. Yes, all balloon should move, big are fastest, small move very slowly & medium in-between. I think David needs to check all the code as I think there may be a few errors.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-02-27 at 06:32 AM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-02-27), King_O_Hill (2015-02-27), MamaJaay (2015-02-27), NewD (2015-02-27)

Quote Originally Posted by kristatos View Post
    I have a question...I have an i5 with iOS7...on the LS everything works fine except the balloons don't move...would it be because of the var noAnimationsOnStartup thing too?..I will re-download the newer version and see...

When I wake the phone up the balloons are half way on the screen but then they don't move at all...using regular GL...
    If you see the screens...look at the time..three different times with the balloons in the same spot...wind at 19km/h...
    Sunrays were working fine during these couple of minutes...so it was just the balloons...
    No need to download again, just set the switch in the Config.js to true.

I haven't seen this issue on my i5, but that doesn't mean all is ok, we will see what others report.
    I feel the animations switch is not 100% yet.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-02-27 at 03:26 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-02-27), kristatos (2015-02-27)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boots For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-02-27), Marty McFly (2015-02-27), orangefreddie (2015-02-27)

Default To 6/6+ users
    I just updated the link, all I have done is remove ALL signs of "translate3d" & replaced it with "translate" or "translateX".
    I also changed the balloons animation a little just for test.
    Nothing else is changed, it still does not have GroovyPlus support.

I would like to ask any 6/6Plus user to re-download UniAW7.1 & try it without GroovyPlus (best test with Convergance if you have it), just curious to see if any difference.
    When testing please note if everything floating/falling (clouds, balloons, rain etc) still looks as smooth as it did before.
    Also of course, if you have any fewer re-springs.

It looks & works perfect on my i5, but that doesn't really mean much.

Thank you.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-02-27 at 05:34 AM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-02-27), kristatos (2015-02-27), NewD (2015-02-27), orangefreddie (2015-02-27), Pibe77 (2015-02-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    LOVE TRUE LOVE
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1425009869.969296.jpg
    And I made them both exactly the same size, seemingly LOL..
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-02-27 at 05:35 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-02-27), kristatos (2015-02-27), Marty McFly (2015-02-27)

I just updated the link, all I have done is remove ALL signs of "translate3d" & replaced it with "translate" or "translateX".
    I also changed the balloons animation a little just for test.
    Nothing else is changed, it still does not have GroovyPlus support.

I would like to ask any 6/6Plus user to re-download UniAW7.1 & try it without GroovyPlus (best test with Convergance if you have it), just curious to see if any difference.
    When testing please note if everything floating/falling (clouds, balloons, rain etc) still looks as smooth as it did before.
    Also of course, if you have any fewer re-springs.

It looks & works perfect on my i5, but that doesn't really mean much.

Thank you.
    Hey Ian. The forecast is all stacked up on the left again. Do I need to add main3.js to the new download on post 1?

Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    Hey Ian. The forecast is all stacked up on the left again. Do I need to add main3.js to the new download on post 1?
    Are you using GroovyPlus? if so then yes, you will need to change main.js file, but this test was for non-GroovyPlus users.

EDIT: Uodated the link, forecast issue fixed for GroovyPlus users so no longer need to replace the main.js file.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-02-27 at 06:34 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-02-27)

Default UniAW7
    Are you using GroovyPlus? if so then yes, you will need to change main.js file, but this test was for non-GroovyPlus users.
    I should learn to read.

I'm out on that one. I can't get convergance to run it without frequent resprings. Must be doing something different than Krima and Newd
    Last edited by orangefreddie; 2015-02-27 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orangefreddie View Post
    I should learn to read.

I'm out on that one. I can't get convergance to run it without frequent resprings. Must be doing something different than Krima and Newd
    To all, Link Updated.

I updated the link with the forecast fix for GroovyPlus user, so no longer need to replace the main.js file, just add the line of code (as in post 1) to get it running with Groovy+.

OF,
    Actually this makes you the perfect candidate, did you try with new link? Still constant re-springs for you?

You, Krima & ND should work together to find out why you get so many re-springs & they don't, would be interesting to find out why.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-02-27 at 06:44 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2015-02-27)

To all, Link Updated.

I updated the link with the forecast fix for GroovyPlus user, so no longer need to replace the main.js file, just add the line of code (as in post 1) to get it running with Groovy+.

OF,
    Actually this makes you the perfect candidate, did you try with new link? Still constant re-springs for you?

You, Krima & ND should work together to find out why you get so many re-springs & they don't, would be interesting to find out why.
    I'm happy to try and figure it out. I got 2 back to back resprings before UniAW loaded with the new one applied with convergance

28. The Following User Says Thank You to orangefreddie For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-02-27)

I have one question in context with the german translation:

The name of the weekdays are: Mon, Die, Mit, Don, Fre, Sam, Son
    But the right abbreviation is: Mo, Di, Mi, Do, Fr, Sa, So.

Where can i change this? I can't find it.
    -------
    iPhone 5S, iOS 7.1.2 jb
    iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4 jb
    iPad Air 2 WiFi+Cellular 64 GB, iOS 8.1 jb

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Ian. I wanted to know if I added birds, or ufo to the Uniaw7.1 would it be the same process as the 7. I am kind of confused by the percent etc in the new 7.1. Or can I still use pixels. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ruedi04 View Post
    I have one question in context with the german translation:
    The name of the weekdays are: Mon, Die, Mit, Don, Fre, Sam, Son
    But the right abbreviation is: Mo, Di, Mi, Do, Fr, Sa, So.
    Where can i change this? I can't find it.
    Done, link updated.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

ruedi04 (2015-02-27)

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Hey Ian. I wanted to know if I added birds, or ufo to the Uniaw7.1 would it be the same process as the 7. I am kind of confused by the percent etc in the new 7.1. Or can I still use pixels. Thanks.
    WARNING: LONG COMPLICATED POST LOL..

No, I'm not going to tell you you could use the pixel values from iPh6Plus css file , you should get use to using %, (or vw & vh).

Lets look at the birds (not V-Birds):
    1st we see in the Style css file the birdsContainer is set to 100% width & height, but 100% of what? So we look in the html file & see the birdsContainer is not within any other div's, so it's 100% of body width & height, we are going to work with old pixel settings from i6 so:
    100% width = 375px
    100% height = 736px.

Now I assume you have already added back all the necessary code for the birds and are ready to change to %.

Look at old Animations6.css file, look for #Birds.
    We see width = 470px & we want this in % (remember 100% = 375px for i6). So:
    470/375=1.2533 x100 = 125.33, round it off, so 125.5% for the width.

The height = 93px, (100% height for i6 is 667px). So:
    93/667 = 0.1394 x 100 = 13.94, round it off, so height = 13.95%

So at this point we have:
    Code:
    #Birds {
        position: absolute;
        left: 0%;
        top: 0%;
        width: 125.5%;
        height: 13.95%;
    The rest of the settings in #birds are the same as they do not refer to position, height or width.

Moving on to:
    Code:
    @-webkit-keyframes birds_anim {
    0%	 { -webkit-transform: translate3d(400px, 120px, 0px); }
    100% { -webkit-transform: translate3d(-600px, -80px, 0px); }
    }

Since I'm not using "translate3d" anymore we are going to change this to "translate" so you now have this:

Code:
    0%	 { -webkit-transform: translate(400px, 120px); }
    100% { -webkit-transform: translate(-600px, -80px); }
    }
    Incase you don't know, the red values are horizontal values & the blue values are vertical values.

Here is where it gets a little complicated, because these values need to be percentages of the parent container (#birds) the original settings for #birds was:
    width = 470px
    height = 93px
    So we have to work from these values for the next part.

So lets do the horizontal (width) values first (red, 400px & -600px)
    400/470 = 0.8510 x 100 = 85.10, so 85.1%
    -600/470 = -1.2765 x 100 = -127.659, round it off so -127.66%

So, so far we have this:
    Code:
        0%     { -webkit-transform: translate(85.1%, 120px); }
        100% { -webkit-transform: translate(-127.66%, -80px); }
    }

Now the vertical (height) values (blue, 120px & -80px)
    120/93 = 1.2903 x 100 = 129.03, round it off so 129%
    -80/93 = -0.8602 x 100 =-86.02, round it off so -86%

Easy peasy?

So the complete settings for the birds that will scale for all phones are:
    Code:
    #Birds {
        position: absolute;
        left: 0%;
        top: 0%;
        width: 125.5%;
        height: 13.95%;
        -webkit-animation: birds_anim;
        -webkit-animation-iteration-count: infinite;
        -webkit-animation-duration: 120s;
        -webkit-animation-timing-function: linear;
    }	
        0%     { -webkit-transform: translate(85.1%, 129%); }
        100% { -webkit-transform: translate(-127.66%, -86%); }
    }

I try my best to write this as easy as I can but sorry, there isn't an easy way to explain this, please go slow & try to understand. Good luck LOL..

Just remember when working with percent it is the percentage of the parent container, not always of screen size. Sometimes, if you don't specify a height in some text for e.g., it's a percentage of itself assigned height based on the text size

Now imagine having to do this for every little thing in the UniAW (animations included) and you have a perfect recipe for a major headache LOL, I need an Aspirin now.

BTW, the birds (not V_Birds) are back in (link updated), can't say if they will work correctly in IOS 8 though, I believe sometimes the .gif doesn't animate, I will test for a while & see if I will keep them in or not.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-02-27 at 01:31 PM.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-02-27), Glawrence33 (2015-02-27), jm26200 (2015-02-27), King_O_Hill (2015-02-27), Marty McFly (2015-02-27), NewD (2015-02-27), nik1975 (2015-02-27), orangefreddie (2015-02-27), signori (2015-02-27), Sital (2015-02-27)

Page 205 of 614 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast