Page 164 of 615 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 12287

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    @ Grant

Grant your switch does work on my Mac (obviously not running GroovyPlus stuff), it was my bad, I didn't delete the fail function.

But I think needs polishing:

Didn't want to wait so installed GroovyLock+ and tested it myself, seems to be working good, so all automatic, no switch or any input from user required, and XML_TEST works on PC/Mac.

ScreenShot is on LS with GroovyLock+, same theme runs fine in Convergance without GroovyLock+.
    Ian, I always prefer switches but that's just a personal thing.. The big problem though is that auto sensing code Jake & I wrote originally (before the config.js switch), that you suggest returning to there, fails when using original GroovyLock, SBHTML and LockHTML 3/4, which many people still use. So when attempting to use it (if groovyAPI == undefined) the whole widget fails for those using those still current LS players. That's why King and Chevy and I all agreed to abandon the auto sense code going forward with WW2 and any mod based on it. It's why King tasked me with building a switch in config.js. I urge you to not add the auto sense code to UniAW7 permanently as you'll get lots support posts here saying it doesn't work when running in GroovyLock original, SBHTML, LH3.

Let's stick with the switch.. Or as you've suggested an if else statement tied to a config.js variable called GroovyPlus. I agree with the name change for sure, bro. But the auto sense code doesn't work for all LS players people are using. I loved the idea of it.. but not even Jake could figure out why it didn't work on those 3 html players and would in some others.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-19 at 03:54 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-19)

EDIT:

Didn't want to wait so installed GroovyLock+ and tested it myself, seems to be working good, so all automatic, no switch or any input from user required, and XML_TEST works on PC/Mac.

ScreenShot is on LS with GroovyLock+, same theme runs fine in Convergance without GroovyLock+.

Hi Ian,

Thats a nice feature Does I only need to add these lines, and my theme iss an auto-detecting one?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ian, I always prefer switches but........
    Hi Grant,
    Yes, I just tested with "normal" GroovyLock and it doesn't work.
    It does work with Convergance and LockHTML4 with GroovyPlus or no Groovy stuff installed.
    But the whole line if (typeof groovyAPI !== 'undefined') { seems "iffy" to me, because when you install the "normal" GroovyLock it also installs GroovyAPI, so "typeof groovyAPI" would surely not return "undefined" as there is a "GroovyAPI" installed, unfortunately, only Jake can really find out what it does actually return.

The auto switch works with all LS players except things that use GroovyAPI (GroovyLock & GroovyBaordSBHTML), Convergance & LockHTML4 don't use GroovyAPI so it will come back as "undefined".

In my opinion Jake needs to figure this out.

if ((typeof groovyAPI == 'groovyAPI+') || (typeof groovyAPI !== 'undefined')) { Red part ??
    Only Jake can tell us what to put!

The switch method has issues too, because different LS players make their own "optimised" version of the Config file.

So tell Jake to look harder LOL... (hope he doesn't read this LOL )

Basically, for me, it's "end of story" till Jake figures it out, until then I stick with adding the single line in the main.js file.

==========================

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    Hi Ian,

Thats a nice feature Does I only need to add these lines, and my theme iss an auto-detecting one?
    Sort of, if you have installed the GroovyPlus stuff it'll work, but it won't work with the "normal" GroovyLock or SBHTML , it does work with all GroovyPlus stuff, Convergance & LockHTML4 (with LockHTML4 it only works with GroovyPlus or no Groovy stuff installed).
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-01-19 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks

Hi Grant,
    Yes, I just tested with "normal" GroovyLock and it doesn't work.
    It does work with Convergance and LockHTML4.
    But the whole line if (typeof groovyAPI !== 'undefined') { seems "iffy" to me, because when you install the "normal" GroovyLock it also installs GroovyAPI, so "typeof groovyAPI" would surely not return "undefined" as there is a "GroovyAPI" installed, unfortunately, only Jake can really find out what it does actually return.
    But it also doesn't with LockHTML3 (which still works in iOS8 just a little buggy and people still are using it).. So it's not JUST about groovyapi's presence - I think that's why Jake is a bit stumped.

The auto switch works with all LS players except things that use GroovyAPI (GroovyLock & GroovyBaordSBHTML), Convergance & LockHTML4 don't use GroovyAPI so it will come back as "undefined".
    That was Jake's and my logic too. But it doesn't work with LH3 either.. so there goes that logic.. ... so that's a stumper -as per your (our) logic above it should have then worked on LH3 at least which doesn't use any form of groovyAPI. We worked with and tested all this thoroughly on the GCF - and concluded that it was best for the community to use the config.js method instead for the foreseeable near future - to prevent too many tech support questions here and in other threads.. I sure don't want to deal with all of them and I doubt you do either.. So I'll update my tutorials here and in my thread adding your 'optimizations' which I really like, bro. Thanks!!! But we'll go back to using the config.js method to save us all a lot of headaches.. Jake is SO busy with his new job - and what little free time he has remaining he's devoting to NGUI only for now - a paid tweak for him (understandable).

In my opinion Jake needs to figure this out.

if (typeof groovyAPI == 'groovyAPI+') { ?? Only Jake can tell us what to put!

The switch method has issues too, because different LS players make their own "optimised" version of the Config file.
    Well.. veterans here tell people who try to use the 'optimize' function of LH3 and LH4 NOT to use it. It breaks most widgets anyway.. So that's not a huge issue. Jake's method of allow you to change the config.js within the settings pane of GL and GB will show our new var GroovyPlus = false; switch just fine..

So tell Jake to look harder LOL... (hope he doesn't read this LOL )
    Hey I'm with ya, bro.. I LOVE 'auto-sensing' code.. The best solution always... IF it works.. LOL!!!!! This auto sense was a real disappointment and created a boatload of tech support questions.. Let's stck with the config.js switch.. Heading to update my tutorials now with your optimizations (which are only for UniAW).. The 02_WidgetWeather_Base has Dacal's final approval on the switch as I wrote it there.
    Basically, for me, it's "end of story" till Jake figures it out, until then I stick with adding the single line in the main.js file.
    I don't think you have to abandon the config.js method at all.. It's 'very UniAW'.. as you give us a switch for everything bro.. Just incorporate it for now. You and Dacal have incorporated many 'temporary' workarounds in the past. Apple is unlikely to give us a WKWebView update any time soon. For now most people on 6/6+ phones can't run UniAW7 on iOS8 without GL+ and GB+.. But those of you on 5/5S and some on 6 running leanly want to be able to turn that switch off.. No need for people to open up a main.js and add a line of code if the full release of UniAW7 has this switch already in there for them. But your call of course..

Thanks for the optimization ideas, bro!

Grant, I just noticed that with testing LockHTML4, it worked when I had GroovyPlus stuff installed, when I deleted it and installed normal Groovy then LockHTML4 no longer worked, so I delete all groovy stuff then LockHTML4 works again!

So yeah.. lets say end of story for now. And BTY, "I don't have time" is one of the worse excuses I ever heard & used by everyone, maybe "it's not a priority" is more true.

Now lets get back to all the great mods that have appeared over the last week or so.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-01-19 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    hi guys how do i install groovylock + and sbhtml+?

Has anyone figured out how to run convergance over LockHTML4? I tried the blank theme method and didn't succeed...

yeah,convergance is very unique tweak,never had any problems,and support from Matt is on a level of uniaw thread,brutal support
    thank you

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #m37h{ For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-01-19), TiLT1oNE (2015-01-19)

Thanks

Grant, I just noticed that with testing LockHTML4, it worked when I had GroovyPlus stuff installed, when I deleted it and installed normal Groovy then LockHTML4 no longer worked, so I delete all groovy stuff then LockHTML4 works again!
    Yep.. the GCF testers found the same thing.. all part of why we abandoned the autosense code.
    So yeah.. lets say end of story for now. And BTY, "I don't have time" is one of the worse excuses I ever heard & used by everyone, maybe "it's not a priority" is more true.

Now lets get back to all the great mods that have appeared over the last week or so.
    Yeah - good points, Ian.. But still if people want UniAW7 to work in all instances, in any player old or new, GroovyPlus stuff installed or not, the config.js switch is the best solution and also implemented in the 02_WW-Base heading to Cydia. If they want it I'll send them to 'our tutorial'. earlier in the thread.. And I'm urging the modders of UniAW7 also to use it as well as it's our best and most tech support-free solution for now, bro..

Have a great day, bro!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Natty12 View Post
    hi guys how do i install groovylock + and sbhtml+?
    It's been mentioned several times in the last 10 or so pages of this thread.. Go HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to run convergance over LockHTML4? I tried the blank theme method and didn't succeed...
    Won't work.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Ryaninfg (2015-01-19)

Quote Originally Posted by meth357 View Post
    yeah,convergance is very unique tweak,never had any problems,and support from Matt is on a level of uniaw thread,brutal support
    thank you
    My Words

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TiLT1oNE For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-01-19)

Quote Originally Posted by erayser View Post
    This brings back great memories of boss ios... Using old status bar and dock by Pinoy when I themed Boss iOS. Basically it's Ferlop15's SBHTML tweaked a little for the 6+, and modified to fit the boss frame/wallpaper.

Credits to the UniAW team, Ferlop15, Fif7y and Pinoy.
    Hey Erayser

When will you be releasing this beautiful mod??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    But still if people want UniAW7 to work in all instances, in any player old or new, GroovyPlus stuff installed or not, the config.js switch is the best solution and also implemented in the 02_WW-Base heading to Cydia. If they want it I'll send them to 'our tutorial'. earlier in the thread.. And I'm urging the modders of UniAW7 also to use it as well as it's our best and most tech support-free solution for now, bro..
    So once again we are at the mercy of the developer.
    No not "our tutorial", your tutorial.
    You do what you like M8, I'm not putting a switch into UniAW7 for a beta version of a tweak that the developer hasn't got working 100% yet & isn't interested in it atm.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (2015-01-19)

Quote Originally Posted by shamjosh View Post
    Hey Erayser

When will you be releasing this beautiful mod??

Thanks
    I'm still trying to keep up with this thread right now... on adding a switch for GroovyPlus, or leave as is. I have it uploaded on mediafire as is right now with the one line change in main.js for GroovyBoard+... so maybe I'll share tonight.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to erayser For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-01-19), Alexweli69 (2015-01-19), King_O_Hill (2015-01-19), Marty McFly (2015-01-20), metaserph (2015-01-19), NewD (2015-01-19), nik1975 (2015-01-19), oldskoolsk8r (2015-01-20), orangefreddie (2015-01-20), shamjosh (2015-01-19)

Sorry to confuse, I shouldn't really be discussing Groovy+ issues here.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

erayser (2015-01-19), Marty McFly (2015-01-19)

Is this in reference to my comment? If so... you aren't confusing me. I like reading different views and options... and what's best for the users.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erayser For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-01-19), King_O_Hill (2015-01-19), lostinthemes (2015-01-23), Marty McFly (2015-01-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

I'm confused Ian, u r confusing, I hate being confused, and now I'm confused about who confused who.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-01-19), erayser (2015-01-19), lostinthemes (2015-01-23), Marty McFly (2015-01-19)

It has to be a little confusing for everybody, the code is changed from this to that to this blah blah.. everybody trying to get it to work. I can't believe Jake doesn't know how to check if Poopy or Poopy+ is installed.

I grudge supporting a half made tweak that the developer won't even support. You guys can all worship him if you like (you softies you ) but I don't have any respect for this kind of developer.

And if in the future it does get fixed I won't say "Thanks", I'll say "it's about bl***y time"!

Dammit, I'm discussing it again.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Krima (2015-01-19), Marty McFly (2015-01-20), Mary48336 (2015-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

I hear you. I never wanted it to leave private beta but others thought differently. There is no point in putting something out there to the masses half working. Then you add switch here, code change here, universal there, and you just end up with a convoluted mess and a sour taste towards those involved.

I will say that none of this is Jakes fault. He spent a lot of his free time trying to come up with a fix of sorts for everyone and not even think about profiting off it. When we defend Jake, we defend his nature, character, and intentions. I think it's unfair to criticize him when all he did was try and come up with a fix for people's resprings. Some people constantly say, "I don't work for free, u want something from me, pay me" but Jake didn't.

Should he have waited, maybe, but at worse you can only address his decision to allow everyone to participate in the beta process, not his commitment or goodwill.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-01-20), <Ian Nicoll/> (2015-01-19), Boots (2015-01-20), ferlop15 (2015-01-20), jawonder (2015-01-20), King_O_Hill (2015-01-20), lostinthemes (2015-01-23), Marty McFly (2015-01-20), NewD (2015-01-19), orangefreddie (2015-01-20), RKO1195 (2015-01-20), st0n3parad0x (2015-01-19)

Thanks

So once again we are at the mercy of the developer.
    No not "our tutorial", your tutorial.You do what you like M8, I'm not putting a switch into UniAW7 for a beta version of a tweak that the developer hasn't got working 100% yet & isn't interested in it atm.
    It's working awesomely to get rid of all the frickin resprings Apple gave us on 6 and 6+ in the presence of animation with the UIWebView so decimated in iOS8.. Jake was the only developer to rise to the occasion, bro. And though I can see why most people on 5, and less on 5S wouldn't see all the fuss about GroovyPlus, since they can still be stable with a few to several tweaks loaded - this can't become a reason to not offer help to the many on 5S, most on 6 and all 6+ users of UniAW7 who want to use it without all the frustrating respringing (reported even by 5 and 5S users). That's the only reason we're discussing Groovy+ options at all here. Because it's the only damn tweak out there that gets us 95% stable with no resprings.

I can't believe Jake doesn't know how to check if Poopy or Poopy+ is installed.
    I understand this frustration - but it's a free tweak.. and he got a major killer job right out of school that keeps him out 60 hours a week. And the 'fixes' we're all hoping he can do may even be counterproductive until Apple fully implements WKWebView.. Whether or not they will in 8.2 is a guess at best.. So we're just trying to find no-respring stability for most newer phones until that time - which could be a very long time from now. That's why many of us are looking to you and Dacal to support this 'interim' step for UniAW7 with a simple little switch you even refined. You've done so many workarounds in the past for us.

I grudge supporting a half made tweak that the developer won't even support. You guys can all worship him if you like (you softies you ) but I don't have any respect for this kind of developer.
    And if in the future it does get fixed I won't say "Thanks", I'll say "it's about bl***y time"!
    Damn, tell us what you 'really think', bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I hear you. I never wanted it to leave private beta but others thought differently.
    Well - Jake, alone, 'thought differently' the day he posted it here for public beta. Took the whole beta team by surprise. But his call. I was just as surprised as you when I woke up that morning and saw it posted here. lol

There is no point in putting something out there to the masses half working.
    It works, "perfectly", to stop the frustrating respringing. That's its main use right now.. and you and I and all others who use it on the newer phones, in its current form, gain a huge benefit.

I will say that none of this is Jake's fault. He spent a lot of his free time trying to come up with a fix of sorts for everyone and not even think about profiting off it. When we defend Jake, we defend his nature, character, and intentions. I think it's unfair to criticize him when all he did was try and come up with a fix for people's resprings. Some people constantly say, "I don't work for free, u want something from me, pay me" but Jake didn't.
    Should he have waited, maybe, but at worse you can only address his decision to allow everyone to participate in the beta process, not his commitment or goodwill.
    Exactly!! Well stated, Krima.

Those who want switch help with UniAW7 - are welcome to come and get it at:
    CLICK HERE
    Ian's made clear he'd prefer GroovyPlus products and the switches for dual-use not be discussed here anymore. I'll respect that.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-20 at 12:15 AM.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

hemi_0539 (2015-01-21), King_O_Hill (2015-01-20), st0n3parad0x (2015-01-19)

Page 164 of 615 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast