Page 113 of 614 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 12265

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UniAW7

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamevl View Post
    I suppose this issue might be even further exacerbated by the triple layer nand flash issue in 128gb also. Let's hope that gets worked out too.
    Possibly yes.. Also those of you keeping the Parallax effect on in iOS8 under Settings-->Accesibility-->Reduce Motion OFF... might be experiencing more respringing as I'm pretty sure the Parallax effect and window animation is all achieved in UIWebKit. I leave that setting to 'ON' to STOP the Parallax effect. Makes me dizzy anyway... LOL!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

iamevl (2014-12-21), TruthDivine666 (2014-12-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamevl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Possibly yes.. Also those of you keeping the Parallax effect on in iOS8 under Settings-->Accesibility-->Reduce Motion OFF... might be experiencing more respringing as I'm pretty sure the Parallax effect and window animation is all achieved in UIWebKit. I leave that setting to 'ON' to STOP the Parallax effect. Makes me dizzy anyway... LOL!!
    Ya know what.... I've never even looked at that. Goddam schoolboy error on my part hahaha
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3585142&dateline=1347  707776

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iamevl For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-12-21)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post

Concrats Ian.

Welcome to the club.
    Here also a world champion.
    Call of Duty Ghost Squad play (PS4).

Its a while back.
    My score is now 31 Million and second place has 16 Million.
    Still active... Almost a year now..

-image.jpg
    Last edited by Platini2000; 2014-12-21 at 08:16 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Platini2000 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-12-22), SHARON1O (2014-12-26)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    What up peeps!!

It's your cyber world homie chevymusclecar!

...Added some adjustments to gradients...

...Added temperature and description under city....

...Added a few different weather condition images...

Updated 6:55pm 12/20/14

Incorporate German from @thewaytozion...

Download

Dropbox - WW2.0_Mod_chevymusclecar.zip

trying to translate it to danish, but when i make a change in translation file ( i change no to dk, it is the easy way for me ) in weather it stops working, is there a way to translate it a bit easy, and can i translate everything ??
    if i can i will share it

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    trying to translate it to danish, but when i make a change in translation file ( i change no to dk, it is the easy way for me ) in weather it stops working, is there a way to translate it a bit easy, and can i translate everything ??
    if i can i will share it
    hi

think no touch file translation.js see file main.js and u found translation for lang="ge"

if (lang =="ge"){
    obj.hdesc[i] = Translate(obj.hdesc[i].toUpperCase());
    obj.desc=WeatherDesc[obj.icon];
    if (obj.hUVdesc[i].toUpperCase() =="LOW") {obj.hUVdesc[i] ="niedrig"}
    if (obj.hUVdesc[i].toUpperCase() =="HIGH") {obj.hUVdesc[i] ="hoch"}
    }

all replace "ge" by ur language ie: fr for french or what u want ! only in file main.js at the end of filke u can after put
    wheater in language appropriate

look always in "ge"

/****************************
    * LS MultiTouch *
    * Version 1.0 16.02.2013 *
    * created by oldster *
    * mod by thewaytozion *
    ****************************/

function Translate(translate){
    switch (translate) {
    case "AM CLOUDS/PM SUN": { return "vormittags bew&ouml;lkt/nachmittags sonnig" }
    case "AM DRIZZLE": { return "vormittags Nieselregen" }
    case "AM DRIZZLE/WIND": { return "vorm. Nieselregen/Wind" }
    case "AM FOG/PM CLOUDS": { return "vormittags Nebel/nachmittags bew&ouml;lkt" }

credit and thank u very much chevymusclecar, oldster, thewaytozion

and maybe after u have all in ur language
    best regards

ps : sorry for my English

re ps : and a big thank you to King_O_Hill all the team for Widget Weather identical translation for this widget.
    I have try but no adequate English skills for translation and thus to give the exact words in French, for example

Congratulations at all member of team

-img_0081.jpg -img_0082.jpg -img_0083.jpg
    Last edited by jm26200; 2014-12-21 at 10:13 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jm26200 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-12-21)

Yes @thewaytozion and @oldstar have a great method for translation of weather descriptions. I'm sure the community will benefit if our worldly members can translate these items within this document.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvp8o66nd8...te%29.zip?dl=0

And repost here will be of benefit.
    Thank you!

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

jm26200 (2014-12-21), King_O_Hill (2014-12-21), kristatos (2014-12-21), Marty McFly (2014-12-22), menard_00 (2014-12-22), NewD (2014-12-22), nik1975 (2014-12-21)

Thanks

Thanks!! I knew everyone would ultimately want all of the translation possibilities that weather.com gives us. This is phenomenal! Good work all!

hi all

Translation French but no very good i think
    errare humanum est
    Bad English and same german if people can make improvements

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdzsb2uvg6...te%29.zip?dl=0

-img_0084.jpg -img_0085.jpg -img_0086.jpg
    ty all
    best regards

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jm26200 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-12-23), Marmoul (2014-12-22)

Putting this together again with new UniAW7, big thanks to Ian and Dacal and the 'homie' chevy for his icon theme Paradigm, which totally complements full UniAW!

Last edited by ferlop15; 2014-12-23 at 08:53 AM.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ferlop15 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-12-22), bliken (2014-12-22), Boots (2014-12-22), chevymusclecar (2014-12-22), dmick89 (2014-12-22), Hip5 (2014-12-23), jawonder (2014-12-22), King_O_Hill (2014-12-22), Krima (2014-12-22), lostinthemes (2014-12-22), Marty McFly (2014-12-22), Mary48336 (2014-12-22), menard_00 (2014-12-22), shamjosh (2014-12-22)

Thanks

Yes @thewaytozion and @oldstar have a great method for translation of weather descriptions. I'm sure the community will benefit if our worldly members can translate these items within this document.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvp8o66nd8...te%29.zip?dl=0

And repost here will be of benefit.
    Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2y6a1l3ihv...ate%29.js?dl=0

danish translation dk. of the weather.
    having some problems changing the no to danish, when changing things in translate file it stops working.
    can i have som files to translate, so that i know i an translating the right things, and i dont know were to put the file i just translated and how to make i work.

thanks

If the data I've gathered is correct - we still will be relying on Apple to fix the 'alleged' bug in UIWebKit. Even 5S/6 and 6+ users NOT using any animated widgets are still occasionally respringing. This, I believe, is because the normal functioning of the iPhone in iOS8 still relies on UIWebKit. So if UIWebKit has a CPU overuse bug.. we're still gonna respring occasionally.. I've even heard of non-jailbroken people random respringing. This sorta proves the 'bug' theory I've been reading about.

So hopefully we'll have more stable days ahead.. both with GroovyCarrot's workaround.. and then eventually with iOS 8.2 or 8.3 if we get a jailbreak.. Maybe Apple will fix their UIWebKit bug..
    Grant, you did it again!
    Jump to conclusion and presenting it as a fact.
    OK, here is how I see it.
    WKWebView is the centerpiece of the modern WebKit API introduced in iOS 8 & OS X Yosemite. It replaces UIWebView in UIKit and WebView in AppKit, offering a consistent API across the two platforms.
    Source
    So, Apple introduced WKWebKit in the first place and Apple never intended to run html pages on the lockscreen or on homepages or as iwidgets. You only can do that after a JB and installing tweaks.
    Now don't you think you should point the finger at the people that created these tweaks rather then Apple?
    All those tweaks are based on UIWebKit as that was what Apple use in pre-iOS8 versions.
    I don't see Jake's change to use WKWebKit as a "workaround", it is more an adaptation to an existing environment.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-12-22), menard_00 (2014-12-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Grant, you did it again!

Source
    So, Apple introduced WKWebKit in the first place and Apple never intended to run html pages on the lockscreen or on homepages or as iwidgets. You only can do that after a JB and installing tweaks.
    Now don't you think you should point the finger at the people that created these tweaks rather then Apple?
    All those tweaks are based on UIWebKit as that was what Apple use in pre-iOS8 versions.
    I don't see Jake's change to use WKWebKit as a "workaround", it is more an adaptation to an existing environment.
    people without Jailbreak also have respring !! Apple bug, Apple must fix its own errors !!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sju For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-12-22), nik1975 (2014-12-22)

people without Jailbreak also have respring !
    True!
    But their resprings are hardly related to WKWebKit or UIWebKit, it is more based on the "wrong" kind of memory chips.
    Even if those resprings are being based on the use of UIWebKit in apps from the App Store, then it is not Apple's fault if somebody uses an iOS7-UIWebKit based app on iOS8.
    Who is at fault is debatable, is it the user who uses an "unfit" app or is it the app creator who has not "updated" the app to work with WKWebKit?
    Or is it Apple, who intoduced a better WebKit (WKWebKit) system?

Apple bug, Apple must fix its own errors !!
    If it is Apple's problem, they will work on a solution. It is a long and slow process, but when it comes we won't benefit from it as there wouldn't be a JB. LOL

Apple is not perfect and most definitely iOS is not a bullet proof operating system that runs all the time perfect.
    I just don't like the way Apple is portrait as the "bad" boys and the tweak coders are the heros that come to our rescue.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2014-12-22 at 12:17 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-12-22)

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Grant, you did it again!

Source
    Hmm. When I read my words I see only a presentation of personal conclusions, "opinions", based on what I've read and heard. Don't see where I use factual wording at all which I know I've done in the past. But you don't actually seem to challenge my conclusions. You just corrected my statement of who is responsible for our instability. And I accept that.. And thank you! My conclusions I believe are still valid as to the cause of our respringing.. If you have any empirical data to challenge my conclusion, by all means, present it!

I don't believe Apple created UIWebKit to run at 82% CPU (based on bench tests posted earlier) even when nothing is being rendered. I believe that's "a bug".. Don't you? Is it normal for people even running stock to have these resprings? Don't think so. I think that's a bug. I also believe Apple may have created WKWebKit to address certain "inefficiencies" in UIWebKit. Otherwise why would they have created it? Wouldn't you agree? I accept your correction of my wording : that Jake is making an "workaround to a bug".. Though the words "adaptation" and "workaround" are nearly synonymous. No?
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-12-22 at 02:50 PM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-12-22), King_O_Hill (2014-12-22), lostinthemes (2014-12-22)

Edit: Sorry Didnt realize you were talking about 82% CPU load.
    Last edited by incubus26jc; 2014-12-22 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks

Default UniAW7
    And Ras, look at this statement from your own posted article.

The web has always been a second-class citizen on iOS (which is ironic, since the iPhone is largely responsible for the mobile web existing as it does today). UIWebView is massive and clunky and leaks memory. It lags behind Mobile Safari, which has the benefit of the Nitro JavaScript engine.

However, all of this has changed with the introduction of WKWebView and the rest of the WebKit framework.
    This statement surely backs my conclusion that UIWebKit is buggy. Where my conclusions were incomplete was that I never knew UIWebKit has evidently been problematic since the earliest of days. So that begs the question - what new limit in UIWebKit has suddenly been reached in iOS 8? Why would we run HTML without crashes in all iOS version before 8? It seems reasonable to conclude that a bug was introduced since our widgets haven't been asking for more from UIWebKit. And people running without animations in widgets are still respringing.

I also find in interesting that "memory leaking" in UIWebKit is a conclusion of this author as well; a conclusion of mine that I've made for a while and one I have been taunted for stating.. 😉 This article backs my conclusion.

The silver lining in all this is that WKWebKit is much more than a temporary workaround - and, rather, looks like the path forward in widgets for jailbroken phones - not to mention greater stability in iOS' UI itself.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-12-22 at 02:54 PM.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-12-22), King_O_Hill (2014-12-22), lostinthemes (2014-12-22)

If dev's want people to keep using/purchasing their tweaks then they should be updating their tweaks with Apples latest & greatest. For the LS tweaks I think they should be using variables to use WKWebView if available and UIWebView if not, who knows, Apple might remove WKWebView in IOS9! It also makes tweaks backward compatible with IOS7:

if ([WKWebView class]) {
    // do new webview stuff
    }
    else {
    // do old webview stuff
    }

The weird thing that always gets me, and I know it sounds harsh, but if they are "real Developers" they should know what they are doing right? If someone like me with zero Objective-C experience can figure it out in a few days, why does it take them all months to do anything? Anyway, I'm still grateful they "eventually" get it done.

I am currently playing on a UniAW version with built in LS tweak, at present I have it working with UIWebView, now just trying to figure out how to change it to WKWebView.
    ATM, this is primarily just for myself as I learn all this stuff, but it would mean that this version would be a .deb file and would run in LS without the need of any LS tweak.

EDIT:

Now it works with WKWebView, turns out it was a very easy change:
    From this:
    @property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet UIWebView *contentWebView;
    To this:
    #import "WebKit/WebKit.h"
    @property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKWebView *contentWebView;

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-12-22), chevymusclecar (2014-12-22), jawonder (2014-12-22), King_O_Hill (2014-12-22), kristatos (2014-12-22), lostinthemes (2014-12-22), Marty McFly (2014-12-23), Mary48336 (2014-12-22), menard_00 (2014-12-22), NewD (2014-12-22), Pibe77 (2014-12-22), signori (2014-12-22), st0n3parad0x (2014-12-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    If dev's want people to keep using/purchasing their tweaks then they should be updating their tweaks with Apples latest & greatest. For the LS tweaks I think they should be using variables to use WKWebView if available and UIWebView if not, who knows, Apple might remove WKWebView in IOS9! It also makes tweaks backward compatible with IOS7:

if ([WKWebView class]) {
    // do new webview stuff
    }
    else {
    // do old webview stuff
    }

The weird thing that always gets me, and I know it sounds harsh, but if they are "real Developers" they should know what they are doing right? If someone like me with zero Objective-C experience can figure it out in a few days, why does it take them all months to do anything? Anyway, I'm still grateful they "eventually" get it done.

I am currently playing on a UniAW version with built in LS tweak, at present I have it working with UIWebView, now just trying to figure out how to change it to WKWebView.
    ATM, this is primarily just for myself as I learn all this stuff, but it would mean that this version would be a .deb file and would run in LS without the need of any LS tweak.

EDIT:

Now it works with WKWebView, turns out it was a very easy change:
    From this:
    @property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet UIWebView *contentWebView;
    To this:
    #import "WebKit/WebKit.h"
    @property (weak, nonatomic) IBOutlet WKWebView *contentWebView;

Nice Ian!!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2014-12-22), Marty McFly (2014-12-23)

Thanks

Now THAT's innovation!!! Nice, Ian!! UniAW has become such an all encompassing resource intensive LS that it really does deserve to run as its own tweak. Though "another tweak" to add is usually not my first choice.. I think it is indeed the right direction for UniAW7 or maybe call it UniAW"8".. 👍

34. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-12-22)

Nice Ian!!
    Thanks Chevy.

I have it running on my phone as an app, it runs fine but when it starts I get a weird message in my debug console:

2014-12-22 23:07:19.462 d[683:5761] [groovyAPI added to: 0x16d62530]

I got no clue why it's talking about groovyAPI, it's nothing to do with my app, weird!!

=================

Now THAT's innovation!!! Nice, Ian!! UniAW has become such an all encompassing resource intensive LS that it really does deserve to run as its own tweak. Though "another tweak" to add is usually not my first choice.. I think it is indeed the right direction for UniAW7 or maybe call it UniAW"8".. ��
    Don't think I will release it.
    I'm just trying to learn stuff & today I decided I want to learn about UIWebView & WKWebView, but it would come in handy if GroovyLock , Convergance and LockHTML disappeared or stopped getting maintained. You never know right!
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-12-22 at 04:25 PM.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-12-22), King_O_Hill (2014-12-22), Marty McFly (2014-12-23), menard_00 (2014-12-22), NewD (2014-12-22)

Page 113 of 614 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast