Page 104 of 150 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2983

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Paragon for iOS 6 [RELEASE]

Quote Originally Posted by klugey1 View Post
    Awesome!!! Many thanks. U da man!!! Just for clarification for those of us that are running 7.0.4 Evasi0n (and are scared senseless to use Pangu). Let me walk this through step-by-step, and please correct/add if I miss something:

Proposed steps to getting Paragon working on 7.1.x

1. Back up your 7.0.4 iPhone 5 that is currently running Evasi0n, Dreamboard, and Paragon (and start praying and crossing fingers)
    2. Change Dreamboard to Default (close Paragon)
    3. Upgrade via desktop Mac/PC to IOS 7.1.2 - DO NOT do OTA upgrade
    4. Pangu your device on either Mac or PC
    5. Make sure everything like Cydia and iFile are working
    6. Make sure Dreamboard opens without crashing
    7. Send Matchstic’s updated deb file link to your iphone via email
    8. Open email and open the deb file using iFile
    9. Execute the deb file
    10. Open Dreamboard
    11. Open Paragon
    Yep looks good, although I'd say to back up your Info.plist of Paragon and the other plist, and also your tiles.

iPhone? More like MyPhone klugey1's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, but they should be there if there are no problems, correct?

To make a backup of the tiles and plist, just use ifunbox or something like that, correct? Or is there a better option for a full backup of JB'd stuff?

Ok, but they should be there if there are no problems, correct?

To make a backup of the tiles and plist, just use ifunbox or something like that, correct? Or is there a better option for a full backup of JB'd stuff?
    Yep, just use iFunBox. If you want them to be included in iTunes' backup, you can use my Preferences addon (sorry to keep advocating my own stuff! :P) which backs them up, and then can restore them after a restore and then restore from backup in iTunes. The downside is that this makes your iTunes backup huge.

Thanks

Wait what is the Preferences Addon? It will make iTunes back EVERYTHING (even JB apps and tweaks)? I want it. Where do I get it?

Wait what is the Preferences Addon? It will make iTunes back EVERYTHING (even JB apps and tweaks)? I want it. Where do I get it?
    It's Paragon Prefs; deb can be found here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...honeos-arm.deb

One strange thing I found was that if you just hit Update in iTunes to go to 7.1.2, everything in /var, including sources from Cydia for example, stay on the device.

Thanks

Ok, I ran it and it states "Finished with Result Code: 0". Did it work correctly?

Ok, I ran it and it states "Finished with Result Code: 0". Did it work correctly?
    Yep, restart Settings via the App Switcher and you'll see a section for Paragon.

Thanks

It showed up in settings, but it said there was an error loading the bundles, so I'm rebooting. I'll report back in a minute.

It showed up in settings, but it said there was an error loading the bundles, so I'm rebooting. I'll report back in a minute.
    Oh, whoops, sorry! I forgot to mention it needs AppList - you want the version from Ryan Petrich's beta repo.

Thanks

Still have the following error: "There was an error loading the preference bundle for Paragon."

Ahh, ok that works great. Just backed up preferences and tiles.

Ok, I'm ready to go to 7.1.2 and Pangu. Really scared. Wish me luck.

BTW, before i do this, am I really getting much of a difference between 7.0.4 and 7.1.2? (battery life, memory leaks, etc...)?

Before I do this, has anyone had crashes with the following Cydia apps/tweaks?
    IntelliscreenX
    MyWi
    BiteSMS
    Bloard
    iKeywi2
    Purge
    SBPowerAlert
    Showcase
    Zeppelin
    Last edited by klugey1; 2014-07-03 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks

Default Paragon on 7.1.2 works (Pangu JB w/ Matchstic's patch)
    It works! Follow the procedure below:

1. Back up your 7.0.4 iPhone 5 that is currently running Evasi0n, Dreamboard, and Paragon
    2. Change Dreamboard to Default (close Paragon)
    3. Upgrade via desktop Mac/PC to IOS 7.1.2 - DO NOT do OTA upgrade
    4. Pangu your device on either Mac or PC
    5. Make sure everything like Cydia and iFile are working
    6. Make sure Dreamboard opens without crashing - use the latest Repository to get latest release
    7. Send Matchstic’s updated deb file link to your iphone via email from page 103
    8. Open email and open the deb file using iFile
    9. Execute the deb file
    10. Reboot phone
    11. Open Dreamboard
    12. Open Paragon
    ***The only thing that is a little bothersome is that the Dreamboard app doesn't seem to show up in the app list when you swipe left. You can still get to by reinstalling from Cydia, but if you change Dreamboard themes it is kind of a nuisance. I seem to recall that there may be a patch for this from the 7.0.4 jailbreak, but I can't remember.

I also tested all my tweaks and they seem to work fine as well: BiteSMS, MyWi, and IntelliscreenX are the main ones.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to klugey1 For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (2014-07-04)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm sure this has been covered but I'm too lazy to read through the thread, how do we get the lock screen working again?

Thanks

Ok. 7.1.2 is faster with better batt life than 7.0.4. Everything is working and I don't get the blank screen after receiving an incoming call anymore. Read Matchstic's entries on pg 103-104 because he gives some excellent tips on modifying the tile colors, background as light or dark, and backing up your tiles. Many thanks to Matchstic!

No problem mate!

Hey there, folks. I've been trying to get this theme to work on my 5s, (runs 7.1.2) but I don't seem to be having any luck. I was able to run the theme once on 7.1 with Matchsic's awesome patch, but after I resprung my phone to update some other tweaks I've been crashing to safe mode left and right every time I try to open up Paragon. I've also tried using the newest patch that Matchstic rolled out, but no dice on that either. I tried following the instructions both Matchstic and klugey1 put up here, but to no avail. If anyone could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, that'd be much appreciated.
    Here's a list of things that should help with the troubleshooting process:
    -I'm using the version of Dreamboard from wynd's beta repo (ver. 2.02)

-I've tried using both of Matchstic's patches by emailing the link to myself, or accessing it directly over Safari and Chrome. (But I haven't tried installing both patches...seems like a bad idea.)

-I've tried rebooting and respringing my phone after downloading the patch, no luck with either way.

-I’ve tried following both Matchstic’s and klugey1’s instructions for how to get Paragon working with the new patch.

-When I did have Paragon working, I followed the instructions of the first patch exactly, but wasn’t able to get that to work again.

-I finish with “Result Code: 0” when I install the patch (as well as Paragon Preferences)

-When I try again, I uninstall Dreamboard and anything related to Paragon before starting over.

-I have the following tweaks installed, (all of which seems to coexist with Paragon just fine the one time I got it working):
    >Bloard
    >f.lux
    >HiddenSettings7
    >Safari Downloader+
    >Chrome Downloader+ 64
    >Blurred Music App
    >CCControls
    >iCleaner
    >Phantom for Snapchat
    >SwitchSpring
    >iFile
    >Bars

Big thanks to EndFinity for making this awesome theme and Matchstic for keeping it alive in the absence of the former. You guys are something else!
    Last edited by Kalanianioli; 2014-07-04 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalanianioli View Post
    Hey there, folks. I've been trying to get this theme to work on my 5s, (runs 7.1.2) but I don't seem to be having any luck. I was able to run the theme once on 7.1 with Matchsic's awesome patch, but after I resprung my phone to update some other tweaks I've been crashing to safe mode left and right every time I try to open up Paragon. I've also tried using the newest patch that Matchstic rolled out, but no dice on that either. I tried following the instructions both Matchstic and klugey1 put up here, but to no avail. If anyone could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, that'd be much appreciated.
    Here's a list of things that should help with the troubleshooting process:
    -I'm using the version of Dreamboard from wynd's beta repo (ver. 2.02)

-I've tried using both of Matchstic's patches by emailing the link to myself, or accessing it directly over Safari and Chrome. (But I haven't tried installing both patches...seems like a bad idea.)
    -I've tried rebooting and respringing my phone after downloading the patch, no luck with either way.

-I’ve tried following both Matchstic’s and klugey1’s instructions for how to get Paragon working with the new patch.
    -When I did have Paragon working, I followed the instructions of the first patch exactly, but wasn’t able to get that to work again.
    -I finish with “Result Code: 0” when I install the patch (as well as Paragon Preferences)

-I have the following tweaks installed, (all of which seems to coexist with Paragon just fine the one time I got it working):
    >Bloard
    >HiddenSettings7
    >Safari Downloader+
    >Chrome Downloader+ 64
    >Blurred Music App
    >CCControls
    >iCleaner
    >Phantom for Snapchat
    >SwitchSpring
    >iFile
    >Bars

Big thanks to EndFinity for making this awesome theme and Matchstic for keeping it alive in the absence of the former. You guys are something else!
    Could you possibly try to get me a syslog to see why it's crashing for you please? Here's some instructions:

- Install ondeviceconsole from Cydia
    - SSH into your device
    - Type ondeviceconsole, and hit enter
    - Try to load up Paragon, and allow SpringBoard to restart into Safe Mode
    - Copy the resulting log from SSH, paste it ghostbin.com and post the link here.
    - Hit CTRL+C in SSH to close ondeviceconsole

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    Could you possibly try to get me a syslog to see why it's crashing for you please? Here's some instructions:

- Install ondeviceconsole from Cydia
    - SSH into your device
    - Type ondeviceconsole, and hit enter
    - Try to load up Paragon, and allow SpringBoard to restart into Safe Mode
    - Copy the resulting log from SSH, paste it ghostbin.com and post the link here.
    - Hit CTRL+C in SSH to close ondeviceconsole

Cheers!
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on that. I installed ondeviceconsole onto my phone, but I'm a little lost about what the rest of what you're saying is. If you posted a more drawn-out explanation of how to do this SSH thing of which you speak, feel free to tell me which page on this thread to look at and I'll get cracking on it!

EDIT: Okay, a quick lookup brought me up to speed on how to do this. Working on it now and I'll have the results here shortly.

EDIT 2: Here's that link you wanted, not sure if I got everything you needed or too much, but I can always redo it if you need me to! https://ghostbin.com/paste/vmfp5
    Last edited by Kalanianioli; 2014-07-04 at 07:03 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalanianioli For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (2014-07-04)

Thanks

Ok. I had a few safe modes now, so it's not as stable as 7.0.4. I found that u need uninstall dream board first then take all your apps out of their folders in the default. Then load everything and update everything first prior to reinstalling dream board and paragon.

Load dream board then paragon.
    Then install matchstic's 2nd patch only in ifile.
    Then everything should work ok.

I am still getting a few safe resprings, but I'm not stuck in safe mode anymore. It's fairly stable now.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to klugey1 For This Useful Post:

Kalanianioli (2014-07-04)

Here's an update to the patch: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...honeos-arm.deb

Let me know if it improves things please!
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2014-07-04 at 07:29 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

Kalanianioli (2014-07-04)

iPhone? More like MyPhone FlameClad's Avatar
    Thanks

I have noticed that I only get a SafeMode Error when I am running low on disk space on my phone.

Question: Match, are you taking over on this theme for End? I would gladly donate more if we could see Paragon updated to 8.1

Page 104 of 150 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast