Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Backup Cydget (Backup current theme/tweak settings)

Default Theme Backup Cydget (Backup current theme/tweak settings)
    We all (well most of us) have many themes on our phone. Each one requires us to modify many tweaks to get our setup just the way we like it. I don't know about you, but this is becoming a big pain for me. Take for example Glyphtastic, it has many setups, white, blue, red etc. Each time I want to change the theme I must go to SpringResearch change my statusbar color, go to eclipse and change my color settings, go to vex and change my cc theme, the list goes on. iWidgets, sbhtml, groovylock, etc.

I get tired of this so I created Theme Backup Cydget. It saves all this info for me, and within a few clicks my setup is set exactly how I wanted it.

You can get more info about it here. http://junesiphone.com/themebackup and it is available for free on my repo.
    Code:
    http://junesiphone.com/repo
    List of tweaks it currently saves. eclipse, winterboard, springresearch, groovylock, sbhtml, HSD, cylinder, cydget, iwidgets, vex, zeppelin, ccbuttonborder, message customiser, and wallpapers.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s536RWY_6SA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -pre.png  
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-04-17 at 01:52 AM.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-05-18), A11AST3R (2015-04-17), Beta19 (2015-04-21), blkmini (2015-04-17), Bo Troxell (2015-04-17), chino270 (2015-04-21), Chuck1969 (2015-07-18), jawonder (2015-04-21), jozef (2015-04-17), Komatins (2015-04-17), licris17 (2015-04-17), lostinthemes (2015-05-15), menard_00 (2015-04-21), metaserph (2015-04-17), mike42 (2015-04-17), Pibe77 (2015-05-16), Sk37cH (2015-04-17), SpiderManAPV (2015-04-17)

Using right now. This is awesome!!!!!! Thanks June

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fdxgnd79 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-04-17)

Thanks bro.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

6. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-04-17)

Update in Cydia. Adds screenshots to the themes.

Requested by a person on reddit image previews. I thought about adding this, but I couldn't find a good way of doing it. Finally had that aha moment and was able to take a screenshot of the springboard.

Only real change is when you save a theme the device will unlock. If you have a passcode set it will ask you to unlock the device. When you unlock it has just enough time to take a screenshot (without you knowing) and saves it to the theme folder.

If you saved themes before this update, you will not see theme previews. Instead an image that says no image (ironic). If you want to add a screenshot to an already saved theme, just put an image named screen.png in your saved theme folder.

Themes are saved in var/mobile/Library/ThemeSaved/yourtheme
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-04-17 at 06:26 AM.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

blkmini (2015-04-17), jawonder (2015-04-21), licris17 (2015-04-17), metaserph (2015-04-17), Sk37cH (2015-04-17), SpiderManAPV (2015-04-17)

Hi June,

I think you get that question very often, but is it possible to have that as a standalone app like setBack? Im a convergance user, and I didnt know if they play very well together

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

June this works great, the only thing it didn't restore for me was my Eclipse2 settings for status bar.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-04-21)

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    Hi June,

I think you get that question very often, but is it possible to have that as a standalone app like setBack? Im a convergance user, and I didnt know if they play very well together
    Yes, seems to be a popular question. I do not plan on making it an app. Honestly I made this for myself as I use Cydgets. I use Convergance for notifications, and don't have an issue with the two.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

V3RSAC3PYTHON (2015-04-21)

Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    June this works great, the only thing it didn't restore for me was my Eclipse2 settings for status bar.
    I use Eclipse2 and have no issues with it saving settings. The Eclipse Backup Cydget was created before ThemeBackup and uses the same process. It now has over 16k downloads. Weird I haven't heard of this issue, but I will test and report back. Just curious you are rebooting when it says right?

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Yes, seems to be a popular question. I do not plan on making it an app. Honestly I made this for myself as I use Cydgets. I use Convergance for notifications, and don't have an issue with the two.
    Thanks alot June, I use convergance for my HTML lockscreens, and my notifications. Whats the best way, to use both, I mean, will themeBackup save my convergance settings (my actual HTML LS) too, even if cydget is enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    Thanks alot June, I use convergance for my HTML lockscreens, and my notifications. Whats the best way, to use both, I mean, will themeBackup save my convergance settings (my actual HTML LS) too, even if cydget is enabled?
    I don't save anything from convergance.

Tested saving two themes with two different settings for Eclipse2 status bar. Both changed as they should. I am not sure why yours isn't

Thanks

Tested saving two themes with two different settings for Eclipse2 status bar. Both changed as they should. I am not sure why yours isn't
    It didn't restore the color i have backed up on the status bar and yes i did reboot. Will do some more testing. Anyway it's a great tweak.

It didn't restore the color i have backed up on the status bar and yes i did reboot. Will do some more testing. Anyway it's a great tweak.
    Send me the plist it saved for Eclipse 2. Just to make sure you know that Eclipse2 status bar color only effects in app status bars. Are you sure it's not another tweak you are using to save the homes creen status bar color and thinking Eclipse should handle that?

Will it work with Anchor? Awesome tweak btw

Quote Originally Posted by chino270 View Post
    Will it work with Anchor? Awesome tweak btw
    I am not sure what Anchor is, but if it sets a plist you can save it. Instructions on the last post here. http://junesiphone.com/themebackup

Thanks

Send me the plist it saved for Eclipse 2. Just to make sure you know that Eclipse2 status bar color only effects in app status bars. Are you sure it's not another tweak you are using to save the homes creen status bar color and thinking Eclipse should handle that?
    Yeah i know it wasn't restored in apps, on my Springboard board i used a patch from Flex2 for the status bar color, for some reason i didn't expect that patch to be restored.

Where should i send the plist ?.

Edit: Here's a link for plist https://www.dropbox.com/s/henk3rt4oi...ackup.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by jawonder; 2015-04-21 at 05:01 AM.

Yeah i know it wasn't restored in apps, on my Springboard board i used a patch from Flex2 for the status bar color, for some reason i didn't expect that patch to be restored.

Where should i send the plist ?.

Edit: Here's a link for plist https://www.dropbox.com/s/henk3rt4oi...ackup.zip?dl=0
    Does that plist match the one in var/mobile/Library/Preferences?
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-04-21 at 05:18 AM.

Thanks

Does that plist match the one in var/mobile/Library/Preferences?
    As far as i can see yes. Here's the one from var/mobile/library/Preferences :-https://www.dropbox.com/s/y09c0i5div...plist.zip?dl=0

iPhone? More like MyPhone puntisimo's Avatar
    Thanks

Once there was Backboard for iOS 4, it was a great tweak like this one now

26. The Following User Says Thank You to puntisimo For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-04-21)

As far as i can see yes. Here's the one from var/mobile/library/Preferences :-https://www.dropbox.com/s/y09c0i5div...plist.zip?dl=0
    Both plists are the same that means ThemeBackup did what it was supposed to do.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

jawonder (2015-04-22)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast