Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Backup Cydget (Backup current theme/tweak settings)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Yes, springboard. Folderenhancer generates this file I believe. I have a working Index.html that saves it. Did you want me to send it to you?
    Yes, you can post it here.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Ok, cool.

June, did you see my issue about it generating a desired icon state plist even if itís not present in your springboard folder?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-05-15)

Ok, cool.

June, did you see my issue about it generating a desired icon state plist even if it’s not present in your springboard folder?
    Yes, I replied "Yes I know. This is for FolderIcons."

The way that FolderIcons work is it's saved to IconState.plist. But it seems to generate the DesiredState then transfers that to IconState. I dunno exactly as I don't have the source code, but DesiredState is needed to replace FolderIcons. IconState itself will not apply them. What I do is I copy IconState and rename it DesiredState and save it. That way if someone restores a theme with folder icons they are restored, and no other issue with having DesiredState there as it just writes to IconState. Basically what I am saying is that is done on purpose, there is no issue.

This is also why when you go into safe-mode, you lose all folder icons even after you're out of safemode. Because safe-mode will write a DesiredState which over writes what FolderIcons has written to it. It is strange he/she chose this route, I spent a long time looking for FolderIcons plist, just to find they are written in a file that randomly disappears.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-05-15 at 07:16 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-05-15), NewD (2015-05-15)

Thanks

Default Theme Backup Cydget (Backup current theme/tweak settings)
    Gotcha. Makes sense now. Was confused why it made one. That must have been a pain figuring out why it generates it and ports it like that.
    Last edited by Krima; 2015-05-15 at 07:12 PM.

Gotcha. Makes sense now. Was confused why it made one. That must have been a pain figuring out why it generates it and ports it like that.
    It's was, but I like those challenges, once I rebooted and my FolderIcons stayed, it was a great feeling of accomplishment.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-05-15), NewD (2015-05-15)

Thanks

June, would it be too difficult to change the directory path of the iconomatic preferences file to save the correct one?

June, would it be too difficult to change the directory path of the iconomatic preferences file to save the correct one?
    No, I will do it later.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-05-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

It works for me NewD.
    Not without a reboot though. Doesn't work for anybody without a reboot (HSD settings restored "and applied").

Where it did work in iOS 7 without a reboot.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-05-15 at 10:18 PM.

But junes says it needs to reboot after selecting theme

Krima waiting on you to post that file so I can update the other plist too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    But junes says it needs to reboot after selecting theme
    Reboot is needed, sadly. The reason it's needed is some tweaks don't check their plist on respring. HSD is one of them, also SpringResearch. To get them to read their plist you need to kill mobile substrate which restarts all tweaks and they have to read their plists. Best way I have found to do this safely is reboot. I still prefer one reboot over going to each tweak and setting my settings.

But, if you don't want to reboot, just press cancel. Then manually go into HSD or SpringResearch and set it's settings. Then respring.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-05-16 at 02:37 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-05-16), NewD (2015-05-16)

Alright I been messing with this most the day & Iíve set up fresh sets dif walls dif layouts dif icons then saved and rebooted everything checks out till I go to select a dif theme set up & reboot walls dont change & icon layout doesnít either Iíve done this with krima index & your original
    And in one instance my LS wall was super stretched
    What am I doin wrong

Forgot to mention the 2nd set up I activated lhtml4 (I know its not supported) and an sbhtml
    Last edited by Boots; 2015-05-16 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    Alright I been messing with this most the day & I’ve set up fresh sets dif walls dif layouts dif icons then saved and rebooted everything checks out till I go to select a dif theme set up & reboot walls dont change & icon layout doesn’t either I’ve done this with krima index & your original
    And in one instance my LS wall was super stretched
    What am I doin wrong

Forgot to mention the 2nd set up I activated lhtml4 (I know its not supported) and an sbhtml
    The wallpaper could not be saving if you have a wall set to lockscreen and homescreen by saving to both. Instead of saving to each. First thing I would do is look in the saved folder. var/mobile/Library/ThemeSaved then look into the saved theme and look for the HomeBackground.cpbitmap and LockBackground.cpbitmap. If they are both there it should work. If they are not both there, then that's the issue.

I have no idea about the icon issue, I don't have anything that creates the special plist Krima has been talking about, guess I need to purchase folder Enhancer so I can actually see what is going on. Do you have any icon tweaks such as iconoclasm?

Well that's not correct. I forgot I fixed the issue with setting wallpaper to both. Try this, take any setup and save the wallpaper, then go to ThemeBackup and save a setup. Now go and change your wallpapers. Then go to ThemeBackup and set the last theme you saved. Instead of rebooting just press cancel and respring. Tell me if they change.

Ok, FolderEnhancer is definitely doing something weird here. After install none of my icon layouts are the same, should be an easy fix. Stand by

21. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-05-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Reboot is needed, sadly. The reason it's needed is some tweaks don't check their plist on respring. HSD is one of them, also SpringResearch. To get them to read their plist you need to kill mobile substrate which restarts all tweaks and they have to read their plists.
    Ah! Thanks for the explanation of why this is necessary now, June. It's been driving us crazy. I wonder why HSD specifically changed in iOS 8 so that this is the case now (the reboot need). In iOS 7 HSD only needed a Respring to restore perfectly. It was wonderful, for every single tweak, the plists were addressed, and came back perfectly from Jake's SetBack in iOS 7. Some challenge must have presented itself to the HSD devs in IOS 8 that wasn't around in 7.

Update in cydia. Added the iconOmatic plist, and fixes icon layout while using folder enhancer. This should fix previous setups as well, but not 100% on that.

Just another note, you don't need to reboot if you don't have SpringResearch or HSD. Just press cancel then respring from winterboard or something. I need to find a good way to detect if these apps are installed. If you don't have them installed, I will change the reboot to a respring.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-05-16 at 03:37 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-05-16), metaserph (2015-05-16)

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1431739871.414783.jpg

Shown after installing FolderEnhancer lol. I dunno why he chose to do it this way. Doesn't make sense to me, but that goes for a lot of things.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Krima waiting on you to post that file so I can update the other plist too.
    Sorry man. I didnít post it because I realized after your explanation about the desired icon state, that what I added broke that.

Did you still want me to post it? I gave it to boots to test it so I could get a second opinion.

Nevermind, just saw you pushed an update. Sorry man, I wanted Boots to try it for a bit before I did anything. Besides, I knew you would handle it.
    Last edited by Krima; 2015-05-16 at 03:48 AM.

ok June here is what i got! (yep i said got instead of have
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1431740358.643661.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast