Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Backup Cydget (Backup current theme/tweak settings)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by puntisimo View Post
    Once there was Backboard for iOS 4, it was a great tweak like this one now
    SetBack was also created by GroovyCarrot in iOS 7 to replace BackBoard. That one works great for many of us.. I don't like relying on Cydget for anything but June has done another great job here in terms of design.. if you're a Cydget user.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (2015-05-15)

Hey June, is there anyway to save Iconsupportstate.plist? I tried to add it in the index.html but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima01 View Post
    Hey June, is there anyway to save Iconsupportstate.plist? I tried to add it in the index.html but no luck.
    It saves IconState and DesiredIconState, that is what saves icon location and folder icons. Is Iconsupportstate different?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Sorry, I accidentally created another account when I opened this link using tapatalk. Krima01 is me... Plot twist.

Anyway, yes, iconsupport is different and the one that is needed for me. I tested this out by creating two identical setups but with an icon at a different location. When I restored, it didnít restore the location. I figured out how to add IconSupportState.plist and verified that it was working.

Also June, iconomatic preferences arenít saved in the preference folder. Itís there but itís not the one that works when you make changes to it. The one that is needed is located here, /var/mobile/Library/IconOmatic/UserSettings.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (2015-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Sorry, I accidentally created another account when I opened this link using tapatalk. Krima01 is me... Plot twist.

Anyway, yes, iconsupport is different and the one that is needed for me. I tested this out by creating two identical setups but with an icon at a different location. When I restored, it didnít restore the location. I figured out how to add IconSupportState.plist and verified that it was working.

Also June, iconomatic preferences arenít saved in the preference folder. Itís there but itís not the one that works when you make changes to it. The one that is needed is located here, /var/mobile/Library/IconOmatic/UserSettings.
    That's strange. Where is iconsupportstate located? I will look into the iconOmatic. Never change its settings so didn't catch it. I do change icon setups a lot though and all my icons place just as they were without this iconsupportstate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    That's strange. Where is iconsupportstate located? I will look into the iconOmatic. Never change its settings so didn't catch it. I do change icon setups a lot though and all my icons place just as they were without this iconsupportstate.
    It may be because of a tweak I have. It uses the support one for my icon placement. It is in the same location as the normal IconState. No big deal, I was able to add it in the index.html.

Regarding iconomatic, sometimes I donít use the overlay option for certain setups.

Thanks

Default Theme Backup Cydget (Backup current theme/tweak settings)
    IconSupportState has always been a necessary save in BackBoard and SetBack for me to get icon placement back perfect. I did a lot of testing on this at one point and interestingly found that it's actually DesiredIconState that isn't needed at all. For 80% of the setups we make only IconState alone is needed.. But IconSupportState is needed to catch the other 20%.. Don't know what it's for per se.. But without it being restored I've had some setups not come back.. But when deleting DesiredIconState.. nothing changes in my icon setup at all. And when not saving/restoring it - it makes no difference in my icons returning..

Thanks

In fact I haven't even seen DesiredIconState in my Library/Springboard folder for a very long time. I wonder if it's the one that's particular-tweak related.

Thanks

NewD, itís not that it catches the other 20%, it doesnít use the IconState one. Certain tweaks, like folderenhancer, create this other icon state plist and thatís the one that gets used and when absent, it uses the normal one that isnít up to date.

Also, desired icon state plist mostly gets generated when you have a safe mode crash and it isnít needed.

June, you may want to look into your code regarding Desired Icon State plist. It will generate one even if you donít have one in your springboard folder. At least it did for me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-05-15), RKO1195 (2015-05-18)

Thanks

this remind me of BackBoard, i love this tweak,but only one thing it not working for me is the HSD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T76 View Post
    this remind me of BackBoard, i love this tweak,but only one thing it not working for me is the HSD
    That might be because HSD also uses IconSupportState.plist and this isn't getting backed up.

Thanks

NewD, it’s not that it catches the other 20%, it doesn’t use the IconState one. Certain tweaks, like folderenhancer, create this other icon state plist and that’s the one that gets used and when absent, it uses the normal one that isn’t up to date.

Also, desired icon state plist mostly gets generated when you have a safe mode crash and it isn’t needed.
    Ah, thanks for the correction, Krima. That makes so much more sense to me now!
    That might be because HSD also uses IconSupportState.plist and this isn't getting backed up.
    Don't think that's it. SetBack saves IconSupportState.plist and HSD settings and still HSD settings are not being applied after restoring a backup set (after iOS8). They don't apply after the respring. None of our current Respring tools, even the one Ian made and WB itself, are able to clear the right cache for the HSD settings to take effect. All you can do is reboot after reloading a Setback or ThemeBackupCydget backup file to get your HSD settings to apply. Real pain in the azz.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-05-15 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks

It works for me NewD.

I use HSD and mine saves. Still need to know where this plist is. Or how I can save/test.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-05-15 at 06:06 PM.

June, you may want to look into your code regarding Desired Icon State plist. It will generate one even if you donít have one in your springboard folder. At least it did for me.
    Yes I know. This is for FolderIcons.

Quote Originally Posted by T76 View Post
    Are you rebooting?

Thanks

I use HSD and mine saves. Still need to know where this plist is. Or how I can save/test.
    I told you where it was. Itís in the same location as IconState.plist

I told you where it was. Itís in the same location as IconState.plist
    Ok in springboard. What tweak uses it. How can I generate this file and test if it is working?

Or you can just post the code you added since you verified it works.

Thanks

Ok in springboard. What tweak uses it. How can I generate this file and test if it is working?
    Yes, springboard. Folderenhancer generates this file I believe. I have a working Index.html that saves it. Did you want me to send it to you?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast