Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8

Thanks
    Thanked 16,465 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    This is really great stuff guys!
    But in the end, I do get confused about why the need to have an alternate to something that not only works, but works quite well.
    For what it's worth, Brian,.. my main interest with Ras' little tweak was two fold..
    1).. I learn a lot about code and coding paradigms from Ras.. as we all know of his 'prowess' in that regard
    2).. WW, as you well know, my favorite tweak ever, though amazing - has a great deal more info in it that my Ultimate Location iWidget doesn't need. So I was just exploring a way to make things crisper by getting an xml file with the Google data I need and a yahoo one (same one as WW uses) to its own xml file..

As you know, if you've read all these posts, ironically.. Ras' tweak method doesn't kick the GPS antenna into gear enough without WW present.. I'm sure that's a poetic justice for you.. LOL!.. Stephen really did something brilliant in how he hooks into the GPS antenna and keeps it updating. Ras' tweak even benefited from WW being set to GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    Ha bro! Do you mind showing what your talking about screen shot?
    Not quite sure what exactly you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Interesting.. But weatherunderground nails the village name? That's interesting.. In the states in my testing - wunderground was often 'less' accurate than YahooPlaceFinder and Google. I wonder if WeatherUnderground is based out of England?

I don't know if you know it - but Google and Yahoo are regularly updating their databases and an article I read stated that the major percentage of data they get is updates from people writing into them telling them of their errors. .. Maybe you can write to Google and Yahoo and tell them the correct village name.. ..
    WeatherUnderground is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, US. It gives me not only my village name, but also the name of the places I work. One of them is a tiny village, about 12 houses and WeatherUnderground gives me the name of this, also Google knows the name, but Apple Weather app is miles out with the location name, just as it is with my village.
    The funny thing is when I enter my village name at , Yahoo weather UK (please notice that little "The weather channel" - aka weather.com - icon in top left corner ), it comes up perfectly fine, but then this is uk.weather.com and not weather.com.
    To make it more understandable for you, Grant, if you were at home and every widget/LS would say your location is Phoenixville (despite your street name is correct and GPS coordinates are spot on), you would be not very happy and looking for a "replacement".
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-04-07 at 08:45 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post

WeatherUnderground is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, US. It gives me not only my village name, but also the name of the places I work. One of them is a tiny village, about 12 houses and WeatherUnderground gives me the name of this, also Google knows the name, but Apple Weather app is miles out with the location name, just as it is with my village.
    The funny thing is when I enter my village name at , Yahoo weather UK (please notice that little "The weather channel" - aka weather.com - icon in top left corner ), it comes up perfectly fine, but then this is uk.weather.com and not weather.com.
    To make it more understandable for you, Grant, if you were at home and every widget/LS would say your location is Phoenixville (despite your street name is correct and GPS coordinates are spot on), you would be not very happy and looking for a "replacement".
    Sorry about that I mean show me a screen shot of your lockscreen& home screen? I always see ever one talking tech but I thought that when your Dunn you would like to show all the hard work that's been Dunn .

Thanks

He means.. please show a picture of the MYO Cydget.
    Phoenixville is actually many more miles from my house than 6.. But your point is well taken, Ras.. It's very interesting to me that WUnderground can be more accurate then even Google. Google has always been the most accurate.. and why I favor it in my widget.. though, as I said, YahooPlaceFinder has gotten quite good. But I realize that the US is the focus of most of these API's.

Sorry about that I mean show me a screen shot of your lockscreen& home screen? I always see ever one talking tech but I thought that when your Dunn you would like to show all the hard work that's been Dunn .
    As I said before, it is almost impossible to show a typical screenshot, as MYO5 has been designed with customisation in mind. Unlike the majority of themes MYO5 has NOT ONE look, it has endless looks and possibilities and the choice is yours. And all without editing any code at all!
    However I have made a video of some of the features MYO5 can do, which filled almost 5 minutes, but even then I have not changes any font styles or sizes, moved icons, changed text angle degrees, changed language (you enter your own weekday and month names), also as it is a clear night here there are no clouds, obviously no sun and the moon has not gone up yet. Just background changes, a couple of text positions changes, text colour changes and one text to speech change (keep sound on when playing the video).
    What you see are changes made in the MYO5 Setup menu with instant changes to the LS.
    If you want you can see this example video as the tip of the iceberg of what you can do with MYO5.
    If I would have shown every possibility MYO5 can have I would have bored you to death with hours of video.
    This is not a theme that dictates the look on your iPhone/iPad, this theme requires your imagination, your creativity to Make Your Own.
    Read the MYO5 quick tutorial, so you know your way around the MYO5 Setup menu, install MYO5-cydget from the MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us) and start exploring/playing. Soon you will get the hang of it and changes will be very quick.
    Because of this you do not see many screenshots as the look is not fixed.

Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-04-09 at 01:11 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-09), mike42 (2015-04-09), NewD (2015-04-09)

Default MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8
    Good morning bro! Wow that's very cool & now I see that ever one is talking about. Is it in cydia or still in working progress?? But over all great job & thanks for taking the time to show me that your working on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mike42 For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-04-09)

Is it in cydia or still in working progress??
    It is in Cydia, but you have to add "apt.mmus.us" to the sources, as that is the repo MYO5 is sitting on.

Thanks for the comment!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2015-04-09)

It is in Cydia, but you have to add "apt.mmus.us" to the sources, as that is the repo MYO5 is sitting on.

Thanks for the comment!
    Ok thank you & keep up the great job!

Ok thank you & keep up the great job!
    I am trying. LOL
    Any question or problem, just ask.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2015-04-09)

Thanks

Default MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8
    Ras,
    Can you PM me your coordinates.. I want to do some testing on your uk.weather.com question..

And there's also some things about that that I can only share with you in private. Can you approve me to PM you here.. Or send the coordinates via email and we'll chat there..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-04-25 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks

Ras,
    Don't know if you updated to the most recent version of Firefox - but sadly it, too, now strips all formatting from xml feed returns -just like Safari does..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789