Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8

Erica Utilities is already a dependency in GPS & WUG, so is adv-cmds in case for non-cydget users.
    I am actually thinking of splitting mywug.xml into different xml files as some can be rather big (we talk KB here). Current weather and astronomy are around 4 KB, add forecast it's 15KB, add hourly it's 83 KB, add 10day forecast its 98KB and the last 10 day hourly feature makes mywug.xml 907KB.
    Apart from that, if you extract the hourly forecast from mywug.xml and it works, as soon as you add the 10 day hourly forecast to mywug.xml it does no longer work. So to have individual xml files, properly stored in /var/mobile/wug as well might be a better solution.

Update interval is set to 5 minutes, but I don't know how iOS works if a LaunchDaemon can not execute it's process (no executable wug.sh), wrong exit status??, if it abandon the whole process even if it can execute the process again (executable wug.sh).
    A reboot would start LaunchDaemon fresh with an executable wug.sh and update every 5 minutes, unless in deep sleep mode.
    Funny enough, when the iPhone is switched on and left unused overnight (deep sleep mode), when I activate the LS in the morning at 7:00 the Update text* says that it last updated at 5:34 that morning and not when it was put away last evening. So I assume that it will update the mywug.xml if the timing hits a period when the iPhone is not in deep sleep. This might be the case when the iPhone checks for email even when in deep sleep (guessing as I always have new emails first thing in the morning).

*Update text is actually the wrong term, as it is the time the last weather observation took place and NOT the time the mywug.xml was updated.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-28 at 09:43 AM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

So you've actually verified that that it's actually updating every 5 minutes? On your phone? Mine only updates on reboot of the phone.

What did you mean by "don't know how it would work in iOS"? Don't you have a phone you actually test on?

Right now I look at the mywug.xml and see its modify time stamp. I wait 5,10,15 min and the date doesn't change.. Nor has the time entry in the xml itself changed. Can you troubleshoot this? We've come so far.. But modders/users need it to be fully auto updating. Thx!

UPDATE EDIT: Ras, it's updating now.. Don't know what changed.. A couple more reboots, maybe.. All system's go!!.. Can you please package up everything we talked about into a Debian package for easy install - proper permissions settings, etc?
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-28 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    See updated post ^^^^^^
    I cannot find the link?

Thanks

Default MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8
    Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    I cannot find the link?
    It's at his blog that he mentions in post 1. Click on "MORE INFO".. Pretty complex installation, Mike.. Not a simple install..

It's at his blog that he mentions in post 1. Click on "MORE INFO".. Pretty complex installation, Mike.. Not a simple install..
    Thanks anyway to advance for my knowledge and I don't have enough patience for that!! Maybe in the future they would make a little bit more easier for us beginners.

Thanks

Thanks anyway to advance for my knowledge and I don't have enough patience for that!! Maybe in the future they would make a little bit more easier for us beginners.
    Possibly.. Ras likes to make pretty advanced things..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2015-02-28)

What did you mean by "don't know how it would work in iOS"?
    That was in regard of how iOS reacts when it runs a process which can not succeed (no executable wug.sh), therefore the process returns a certain exit status to iOS. And what I don't know is what iOS does when it gets a "wrong" exit status.
    An example is when you install something with Cydia, you see the terminal where it says "downloading ....", "installing ...." and at the end it says "exit status 0". Zero means successful executed process. If installation fails, for whatever reason, exit status would be 1 or any other number . I am pretty sure iOS will monitor this, especially when it is a LaunchDaemon process.

I cannot find the link?
    MMUS repo (apt.mmus.us), package "MYO5T" in Theme section (is the only one in it!).
    After install respring!
    Next set up WUG Setup menu in Settings, API key and language.
    Reboot! So that LaunchDaemon can run now the scripts.
    Select MYO5T in Settings->Cydget->Cydget Lock Order and respring (always needed when you change something in Cydget Lock Order).
    That should be it!

Possibly.. Ras likes to make pretty advanced things..
    Why simple if you can make it complicated!

Thanks

Default MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8
    Don't forget to tell people they need to install Cydget too.. I assure you; it's NOT on their phones..

Don't forget to tell people they need to install Cydget too.. I assure you; it's NOT on their phones..
    Before I start can I see what I'm trying to downtown to my Locksceen ??

Is already a dependency of MYO5.
    Before I start can I see what I'm trying to downtown to my Locksceen ??
    Sure, go to post 1 and click on the "quick guide" link, or use THIS one.
    Also there are 2 YouTube video links in post 24.
    Whereas most LS themes have just one look, MYO5 has endless looks.
    It looks what you make it, hence Make Your Own.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2015-03-01), NewD (2015-03-01)

OK, updated all packages in the MMUS repo!
    Original xml file is /var/mobile/Documents/wug.xml.
    "Cleaned" xml file is /var/mobile/Documents/mywug.xml
    Added an unique identifier it the xml file call, so it no longer used "old" cached versions of the xml file even if newer ones are available. Now, every time you open the LS it will read the newest xml file.
    Also added 2 new packages, forecastmyo5 and hourlymyo5 (Addon (Cydgets) section of MMUS repo) , both cydgets use the xml file and the MYO5 database for background, language, time (12hour or 24 hour) and units (F or C, mph or kmh).

Attached is the GPS & WUG package, which you would be interested in. It works LS platform independent.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-03-01 at 11:38 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-03-01), NewD (2015-03-02)

Thanks

So to try a clean install of this .deb, Ras, what all do I uninstall, piece by piece, from my phone now? I think I know… But I want to hear it from you.

Uninstall with Cydia the GPS & WUG package.
    If you also don't want cydget any more uninstall that as well, together with MYO5.
    You also could uninstall adv-cmds, cycript, Erica Utilities and lynx.
    After you finished uninstalling with Cydia, reboot.
    Then check that there is no WUG Setup menu in Settings, wug.sh in /usr/bin, a wug folder in /var/mobile or com.myo.wug.plist file in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences.
    There should not be any of these, if there are delete them.
    Then use iFile to install the deb, then respring (to see the WUG Setup menu), add your api key and select your language.
    Reboot to get LaunchDaemon to start the shell scripts and that should be it.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-03-02 at 07:10 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-03-03), NewD (2015-03-02)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Uninstall with Cydia the GPS & WUG package.
    If you also don't want cydget any more uninstall that as well, together with MYO5.
    You also could uninstall adv-cmds, cycript, Erica Utilities and lynx.
    After you finished uninstalling with Cydia, reboot.
    Then check that there is no WUG Setup menu in Settings, wug.sh in /usr/bin, a wug folder in /var/mobile or com.myo.wug.plist file in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences.
    There should not be any of these, if there are delete them.
    Then use iFile to install the deb, then respring (to see the WUG Setup menu), add your api key and select your language.
    Reboot to get LaunchDaemon to start the shell scripts and that should be it.
    I will try later today.. Thanks for the steps!

Thanks

Ras.. What would be the chances of you modifying your tweak to do the same sort of thing for Google's API..
    https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api...42,-105.860985

Just getting the response from that API in XML format to a text file. With Google you're allowed 2500 calls a day.. So I'd like the update to be every 45 seconds.. Though if there were a way to set in the WUG Setup anywhere from 35 seconds to 60 seconds in 5 sec intervals that would be amazing and assure me that I wouldn't ever over use the 2500 calls a day..

Your a guy that's always struck me as liking a challenge - but feel free to turn down if it just doesn't interest you. Obviously you don't have to build a Cydget. I just want an engine that outputs all data from that feed into an xml file in xml format auto updating every 'x seconds'.

Thanks for even considering..

Grant

There are 2 choices.
    Either build it into the GPS determination which runs every minute anyway, so would be just an extension.
    Or
    Have it as a standalone "tweak", with it's own GPS determination, shell scripts, Settings menu (just for turn on or off).
    Don't need it in WUG, which runs every 5 minutes, actually too much, as even WeatherUnderground itself can update only every 30 minutes if the weather is very stable, but usually it is every 15 minutes. Again there is no fixed rules to this.
    btw I am testing it right now (standalone version, update every 45 seconds), took me 10 minutes this morning to write.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-03-11)

Attached is the standalone version.
    GPS update and address from Google Maps every 45 seconds.
    The xml file is /var/mobile/Documents/address.xml. Latitude in /var/mobile/wug/gpslat.txt and longitude in /var/mobile/wug/gpslong.txt.
    Unzip the attached file, install the deb file and reboot!
    Should work straight away.
    GPS-Location menu in Settings to turn ON/Off this "tweak".
    Attached Files Attached Files

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-03-14), NewD (2015-03-11)

Thanks

You're awesome, Ras!!! Thank you so much.. I'll test tonight..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Attached is the standalone version.
    GPS update and address from Google Maps every 45 seconds.
    The xml file is /var/mobile/Documents/address.xml. Latitude in /var/mobile/wug/gpslat.txt and longitude in /var/mobile/wug/gpslong.txt.
    Unzip the attached file, install the deb file and reboot!
    Should work straight away.
    GPS-Location menu in Settings to turn ON/Off this "tweak".
    Ras.. Will this new tweak in any way conflict with your WUG tweak? I want both to work side by side.

EDITED: No conflict that I can note so far.. All seems to be fine... except for one thing. I don't know how you're achieving the snapshot of the coordinates, Ras.. But I've been home for quite some time today - and the gpslat.txt and gpslong.txt are a pair of coordinates over a mile from my home. It's not 'pinpoint accurate' at all. I'm used to the WidgetWeather.xml coordinates being sampled to my exact house.. And you'd never notice that difference with mywig.xml since you're only looking for an approximate weather station address.. 1 mile away wouldn't make a difference for a city name or weather station name.. But for the widgets I built based on Google.. I need pinpoint accuracy on the gps antenna sampling. Can you tighten up the sampling radius?

The 45 second timing is working perfectly... Thanks! It was a very simple install.. Thanks again! Just need to tighten up the GPS antenna radius capture..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-03-11 at 05:43 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast