Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8

Think more about GroovyAPI and trouble with jquery.
    I don't have GroovyAPI installed.
    GroovyAPI uses WKWebview, cydget does not!
    I think the problem lies in there rather then the <!CDATA bit.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-26 at 06:04 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

It works for me in Cydget on my iPhone 6 as well. But how does that help me create widgets that will work in GL and GB and iWidgets when addressing mywug.html on phone? Nobody uses Cydget as you well know.

I need it to work in my code editors on my computer as well as in the most popular LS and SB players that people use. Please zip up your copy of jquery.min.js. I have a hunch.

Thanks

edit
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-26 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks

Try for yourself in the original groovylock. And that explanation wouldn't explain why it's not working on my computer in an editor with preview. Of course there's no groovy API installed on my computer.

If you downloaded the files.rar from the guide then you have the jquery.min.js I am using and the guide is using.

Yeah the unloved cydget. I know why I prefer it, it works perfect for me.
    Either get GroovyAPI updated or hope Apple will improve WKWebview in the next release. Both, I think, are very unlikely.
    I stick with cydgets for the time being, even if nobody else (apart from June), likes it.

I don't care if anybody ever will use this, I do it because it serves my interest best of what I want on my iPhone/iPad.
    If you want to stop here that is fine with me.
    I only posted this here because you asked me for it, otherwise I would not have bothered.
    I just keep tinkering along on my own. LOL
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-26 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    If you downloaded the files.rar from the guide then you have the jquery.min.js I am using and the guide is using.

Yeah the unloved cydget. I know why I prefer it, it works perfect for me.
    Either get GroovyAPI updated or hope Apple will improve WKWebview in the next release. Both, I think, are very unlikely.
    I stick with cydgets for the time being, even if nobody else (apart from June), likes it.
    I wasn't testing with groovyAPI installed, Ras. Please listen..! .. The CDATA messes up when using ON A COMPUTER TO TEST which all modders need to test their widgets. It working on the phone isn't enough..

I'm gonna try a .replace in your code to get rid of CDATA in the parse itself. Maybe that'll solve it.

I can't rely on this code if it doesn't work in GroovyLock original in UIWebView. It has to at least work there - or the WU forecast feed will be useless on a practical level.

I would like to help, but I just can not get to the same problem you have.
    All my xml files I work with have this <!CDATA included and they still work, on Mac, on Windows on iOS.
    If I could replicate your problem then I know.
    I have an idea, but that takes a bit of time.

Thanks

Okay… I'll be interested in what you find… But in fairness, you haven't shown me any proof yet that your widget is working in preview mode in a code editor on your Mac or a PC pointing to a mywug.xml file with CDATA in the fcttext field. Can you please show me proof of that as I've shown proof to you? Please use TacoHTMLEdit on your Mac in LivePreview mode.. highlighting that your JQuery is pointing to a mywug.xml local file.. Thanks. We need to run a controlled experiment here.

Attached is a zip file which contains 2 files
    wug.sh: has to be copied into /usr/bin, replacing the existing one
    grant: file with no extension, does not matter, has to be copied into /var/mobile/wug

If you have Filza go into /usr/bin and tap wug.sh, then Continue in the Warning popup window, a terminal window opens, wait until you see "bash-4.0" prompt again (this is only so you don't have to wait for 5 minutes or so until wug.sh runs automatically).

Then look in /var/mobile/Documents and you should see a grantwug.xml without any <![CDATA[ in it.
    Screenshots are coming shortly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is forecast.xml on my Mac, which has been in the files.rar form the guide. I downloaded this rar, unpacked it and opened forecast.xml in Bluefish, don't use TacoHTML.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-26 at 09:46 PM.

This is a screenshot from mywug.xml on my iPad using Filza' text editor.

And this is forecast.html running in Dreamweaver, reading the forecast.xml

Thanks

Attached is a zip file which contains 2 files
    wug.sh: has to be copied into /usr/bin, replacing the existing one
    grant: file with no extension, does not matter, has to be copied into /var/mobile/wug

If you have Filza go into /usr/bin and tap wug.sh, then Continue in the Warning popup window, a terminal window opens, wait until you see "bash-4.0" prompt again (this is only so you don't have to wait for 5 minutes or so until wug.sh runs automatically).

Then look in /var/mobile/Documents and you should see a grantwug.xml without any CDATA in it.
    Screenshots are coming shortly.
    Thank you very much for this 'special' version for me, Ras. I will use it. I downloaded Bluefish. And in IT, even with the CDATA within fcttext tag it DOES WORK to show the weather description just as in your screenshots on my computer. I ran MY widget on Convergence and even using the mywug.xml from my phone (with CDATA in it) it WORKS - BUT NOT in GroovyAPI!!!! So you're right it seems that the CDATA doesn't matter - ON THE PHONE with NON groovyapi-- But it does NOT work in Taco nor in GroovyLock+.. when CDATA is present.

So the parsing code will NOT run in TacoHTMLEdit's Live Preview reason nor in GL+. It shows me the Days/Nights but NOT the 'weather description'. When I clik on Preview in Browser (Firefox for me) IT DOES show the weather description in Taco (from mywug with CDATA).. So for some reason
    Code:
    <!CDATA[
    is NOT liked by my LivePreviewer in Taco nor in GL+ on my phone. I wonder if it's for the same reason? Taco Live Preview and GL+ not working for fcttext..

So when I'm testing in TACO.. I'll just use a copy without CDATA... so I can test.. And for final widgets I give people with this code.. I'll make sure they're using the GRANT SPECIAL version which removes all the CDATA.

Thanks for your help today!! We'll talk more about your parsing method versus mine later.. For the data I need within a concurrent subsection your .push into a variable won't work as well. Needs and object array.

Remaining mystery...
    --Why does the CDATA NOT show in all my browsers on my MAC and PC when pointing to your forecast.html on your blog and the Live WU URL?? You saw my screenshots.. How can that be??
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-26 at 11:01 PM.

Thanks

Default MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8
    In Convergence (also in LH4 and GL original) - works with your original mywug.xml..

In GroovyLock+/GroovyAPI+ the fcttext with CDATA does not show..

What you could try is change the javascript, replace jquery javascript with plain javascript and use groovyapi+ method to read local mywug.xml file instead of jquery.get.
    Might be worth a try. Needless to say that those widgets would depend on groovyapi+.
    Can't help you there as I have no experience at all with groovyapi/groovyapi+.
    But back in the Uniaw7 thread , page 103 and 114, there was talk about interference of groovyapi with cydget and Ian's app (which did not at all used groovyapi), those comments make me think that groovyapi and jquery interfere occasionally. Just guessing.

If groovyapi widgets only work with <![CDATA[ less xml files just point them to /var/mobile/Documents/grantwug.xml and all others can use the mywug.xml with the <![CDATA[ in it, as you still will have both xml files.
    The "special" wug.sh has just one extra line, using "sed" to replace the <![CDATA[ ........]]> in the mywug.xml with nothing and save the result in grantwug.xml. The grant file holds the rules for sed.
    That's all.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-26 at 11:43 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-02-27)

Thanks

Right now the new files you sent aren't working. I have no grantwug.xml..

You most likely don't have "sed" installed, get it from Saurik's repo in Cydia.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-02-27)

Thanks

'sed' is part of Erica Utilities.. which you had me install a while ago. So it's already installed and I still have no grantwug.xml. Any other ideas?

It also broke the making of mywug.xml which hasn't updated now since yesterday at 5pm when I changed the wug.sh

I didn't save a copy of the old wug.sh. Can you resend that please?
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-27 at 06:09 PM.

Do you have a wug.sh in /usr/bin?
    Are the permission set to execute for owner/group/world?
    The original is the same as the "special" one, apart from the "sed ....." line at the end and the two "&&" behind the mywug.xml in the line before.
    I copied the "special" wug.sh (renamed it 22wug.sh - shows up on top of /usr/bin) and when run it works fine I get a new mywug.xml and a grantwug.xml without any <![CDATA[ in it.
    Attached original wug.sh.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Do you have a wug.sh in /usr/bin?
    Are the permission set to execute for owner/group/world?
    The original is the same as the "special" one, apart from the "sed ....." line at the end and the two "&&" behind the mywug.xml in the line before.
    I copied the "special" wug.sh (renamed it 22wug.sh - shows up on top of /usr/bin) and when run it works fine I get a new mywug.xml and a grantwug.xml without any CDATA in it.
    Attached original wug.sh.
    THAT DID IT, Ras!! The permissions in wug.sh in usr/bin were NOT set to Execute. Only | Read,Write | Read | Read |..

As soon I set them all to read, write, execute -- then when I opened wug.sh in Filza it asked me to open in terminal as you said it would (it did not ask me before) -- and immediately a grantwug.xml was created.

I'm grateful, sir!! You have provided excellent customer service, my friend..

In case I want others uninterested in Cydget to use widgets I've created that look at the local mywug.xml may I ask you to do the following in your download at your blog - which I will point them to -

1) Make sure Erica Utilities is a dependency of WUG the tweak
    2) Please add the mapping file (grant) to be autoinstalled in var/mobile/wug so that the stripping of CDATA always happens (though rename it something other than 'grant' please.
    3) direct wug.sh to ONLY create the mywug.xml but with the 'stripped' CDATA. Don't have it create both a mywug.xml and a grantwug.xml. I think this method is better and works for ALL code editors. Where notepad++(PC) and TacoHTML (Mac) can't parse data with CDATA in it and display on computer. I believe this is because '<' and '>' are known in UTF-8 to start new string blocks.

That would be great. If you would prefer not to.. let me know.. and I will have to create my own set of instructions for people I want to direct to this method..

And what is the time interval before the mywug.xml updates? It's been 10 minutes and hasn't updated.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast