Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Now I need to discover how to move things around on the screen. Touch is not working for me. And even though I have hourly forecast turned on in WUG Setup. It's not displaying on my screen.

You won't see hourly forecast or even forecast, it is not in the cydget.
    The forecast, 10 day forecast, hourly , 10 day hourly forecast, alerts (US mainly) are only in the WUG Setup as they can be included in fetching weather info, which could be used by others, e.g. an hourly forecast widget or cydget.
    See it like WW2. It gets a widgetweather.xml file and anything can use it, GroovyBoard, Convergence, LockHTML themes, SB widgets etc.
    The same can be done with WeatherUnderground.
    MYO5 only needs Current Conditions and Astronomy.
    Did not wanted to "kill" the screen with overload of info, hence only current conditions, sun and moon with animated weather.
    Touch should work unless you have Intelliscreenx installed which is known to hog touch for itself and does not allow anything else to use touch.
    Touch is possible at:
    - top left corner to get into "edit mode" for drag & drop.
    - update text to update GPS and weather (will turn yellow if updated)
    - the 4 icons for touch to speech features.

btw it looks like WeatherUnderground got your location right

I am using MYO5 on my iPad mini and my iPhone, so 2 devices use one API key, but I barely get over 200 calls a day. Way below my 500/day limit, even with a 5 minute update interval.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-21 at 11:33 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Thanks

Nice project Ras. You clearly worked hard on it and it paid off!

I've touched everywhere in the LockScreen and get no edit windows. I don't use Intelliscreen. Any thoughts?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-02-22)

The touch zone is 100px by 100px in the top left corner. So tapping below the signal strength status bar should do it.
    You can see the touch area in this video at about 1:09. YouTube video.
    But if even the update text and the touch to speech icons don't work then there is something that stops touch events on the LS.
    These should work as they do in this old YouTube video, at the beginning first 30 seconds of it.
    I have no idea what that could be as it does not happened to me. I only can guess, but might be wrong with that.
    Do you have LockHTML installed?
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-22 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks

Okay, Ras, my fault.. I was not holding down my finger long enough. I found it. And it's really nice to be able to move the elements around manually!!

One bug - I've found.. When I touched my city name which was vertically positioned (as opposed to horizontal left to right).. It simply "disappeared" from the screen? And I can't get it to reappear. Any thoughts?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-02-22)

Thanks

Default MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8
    Setting it manually,in MYO5 app, back to horizontal (0) is the only thing that made my city reappear. But you should look into that bug. Also, when you tap on the screen looking for the touch area it will often give you a light blue highlight area and ask you if you want to copy the selected area. We solved that similar problem in iWidgets a year ago - but I forget the js syntax or css that needed to change..

Very nice tweak, Ras! Great work!!

I especially love the text to speech!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-02-22)

The city name seems to disappear when it is vertical, but slide the finger right and the city name comes back into the screen from the left.
    I had the same as you first time, caught me out as well, but no problem as you can get it back with the MYO5T Setup menu, Fonts & Positions, Positions, City Name, Distance from left.
    I guess even though the city name is vertical the "touch" zone is horizontal.
    All those can do with a bit more fine tuning. But not as simple as you have to consider the different screen width.
    There is certainly room for improvement.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Hope you enjoy playing with it while having a break from code editing LOL
    Have you changed the text for the touch-to-speech icons yet?
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-22 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks

Yeah. It's been on my phone now for 48 hours.. That must mean I really like it!!

One other thing I need desperately in setup.. Alignment! Left Center or Right. The city name sits on the center of my screen - but because all your elements default left aligned.. when the city name changes to more letters than the city length I set its positioning with - it's no longer center.. ..

If I put elements in right of screen.. when they change length they go off end of screen. We need to be able to set the horizontal alignment of each text field in the WUG setup. Please!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-02-23)

That is a reasonable request.
    And a damm bloody good idea.
    I have changed a few bits.
    First of all the City Name is now in a container (cityBox), just as all the other elements, it was not before.
    Next I changed the width, before they were set to percentage. Let's say the date was set to 60%, but if you changed the font size from 40 to 50 the date spread over 2 lines.
    Now I have set the width to auto, so no more 2 liners. With having the width set to auto setting the tex-align to center is a bit pointless but did it anyway for all elements apart from the time as this would jump all over the place when it is centred. So time is text-align:left.
    Now the drag & drop is also easier as the element containers are just the size of the text. You have to have your finger on the text to move them, which was not the case when using "fixed" container size. Certainly the city name, when vertically, works much better now.
    There still will be a problem if you have the city name centred and horizontal on your screen, when you move to a new location with different city name length, it might not be centred anymore as the width of the city name only grows to the right as left and top pixels are being set fixed.
    This would only work if you set the city name container to 100% width (full screen width) and have the text-align set to center. However this could be a problem when you wanted the city name vertically, the drag & drop would massively screw you as the full screen width would be the drag handle for the city name and therefore interfere with all other elements, meaning you would not be able to move any other of them.
    I have attached the revised index.html, which you should copy into /private/var/db/stash/_.XXXXXX/LockCydgets/MYO5T.cydget.
    _.XXXXXX is a unique random number/letter combination. There are a few, just have to figure out which one has the LockCydgets in it.
    Also updated the MYO5 package on the repo. (Don't install from there or you will lose your current database!)

Did you find a bigger battery drain since using MYO5, since it updates the GPS every minute?
    And do you use an iPhone 6?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-23 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks

Default MYO5 Lockscreen cydget for iOS 8
    Yes, I have an iPhone 6.

I had some trouble following all your technical explanations there and what you 'actually' changed, Ras. Do I now have the ability to set my city and weather description to center align or not?

I accomplish this on my iWidget easily without it requiring the whole screen width as a movable area..

Thanks

With the new index.html, now the "updated" field and the "date" field go to multiple lines.. See below..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-02-23)

It happened on my 5S as well, I just used this index.html on it.
    On the iPad mini it worked a dream.
    OK, back to the drawing room.
    Bugger!

OK, have updated the index.html file in the attachment above. (repo as well)
    Deleted the old one as it was no use.
    Now all elements still have auto width, but also a "white-space: nowrap" addition. This means there is no more line break.
    Regarding a centred city name, whatever the city name length.
    This is possible, BUT it would mean that any other option for city name needs to be taken out, no vertical city name, or city name at any angle, no city name at the edge. There is only one option and that is centred!
    That limits the choices and I am not doing this.
    You can if you want it, open index.html, in the top, the css section (line 33) you see
    Code:
    #cityBox {position:absolute; top:inherit;left:inherit;width:auto;text-align:center;white-space: nowrap;z-index:10}
    change that to
    Code:
    #cityBox {position:absolute; top:inherit;left:inherit;width:100%;text-align:center;white-space: nowrap;z-index:10}
    Don't try to set any angle for city name other then 0!
    Now whatever city name comes up it always will be centred!

If I am in "Rome" , which is centred, and then I get "Kaliningrad", which would be off-center, I would tap the "edit mode" move "Kaliningrad" into the center and save, which would become silly if you move around a lot, but a quick fix if you stay for a while in a changed location.

EDIT:
    What I mean is that if the text (city name) is in a fixed container, you can center it whatever the text length is. Does not matter if you use width:600px or width:80% or width:80vw it is a fixed width container in which you can center the text.
    Now if you use width:auto the container will be just as wide as the text. Is it a short text, the container is short. is it a long text, the container is long. Using text-align:center is rather pointless as the container is always the width of the text.
    I used original fixed text containers and as you know that made the city name to disappear (well it just went outside the screen area) as you used drag & drop. This will not happen with width:auto.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-23 at 09:00 PM.

Ha bro! You don't give the download link?

It's in the quick tutorial link in post #1

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

21. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-02-24)

Thanks

Thanks, Ras.. But I think you're overthinking it. It's possible to have both center justify AND diagonal and vertical.. Does not require you to use a 100% width that covers whole screen.. I've done it before in css. I'll find you the code.. Adding an alignment function wouldn't affect any other parameter you've set up. .. CSS isn't that limited!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-02-24)

OK, I found a solution!
    There is another option in the MYO5T Setup menu which allows you to set the city name center. This will ignore any angle you have set and only display the city name, whatever the name length, in the screen center (width wise, top position is still changable). You still can use drag & drop, however the left positioning will be saved, but ignored when center option is on. Be careful, drag it to much to the left and it will be off-screen when you switch the center option off (you have to use the Positions menu and bring the city name back onto the screen by resetting the city name left value).
    While I was it, I also added this center option for weather conditions, day and month/date. It looks like this (iPad mini)

when center option is switched off the other settings, like left position and angle, will be used and it looks like this

Updated the repo, but had to include an newer updated database which looks like the centered screenshot one for iPhone 5/5S.

Attached is the updated index.html for /System/Library/LockCydgets and the updated menu.html for the /var/mobile/Library/WebClips/MYO5T-Setup.webclip folder. Replace the files, do NOT delete the original BEFORE you copy the new one, just copy the new one OVER the old one. That way the file ownersip/permissions stay the same as they were for the old files.
    If you copied the files over you need to enter the MYO5T Setup menu and set an angle value and choose On or Off for the Center option in the Fonts & Positions menu for Day, Month/Date, Weather Conditions and City Name submenus. This is needed to complete your original database which does not have these values stored and when the index.html is looking for them it will get stuck!

The bizarre thing was that I got it working perfectly fine on the iPad mini (iOS 8.1.1) with percentage values, but it would not work on the iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1.2), so I had to ditch percentage values and use percentage screen width values which works now fine on both.
    I had that a couple of times when iOS 8.1.1 on the iPad mini was behaving differently to the iOS 8.1.2 on the iPhone 5S. Thanks Apple!

EDIT:
    This is my 5S with all center options Off and a -45 degree angle, Day/Night Off and transparent wallpaper, so it shows the wallpaper I set for the lockscreen in iOS's Setting->Wallpaper.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-24 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks

Awesome Ras!! But you posted no link to the new Menu webclip nor the new Index.html. Please post a link here. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Attached is the updated index.html for /System/Library/LockCydgets and the updated menu.html for the /var/mobile/Library/WebClips/MYO5T-Setup.webclip folder. Replace the files, do NOT delete the original BEFORE you copy the new one, just copy the new one OVER the old one. That way the file ownersip/permissions stay the same as they were for the old files.
    If you copied the files over you need to enter the MYO5T Setup menu and set an angle value and choose On or Off for the Center option in the Fonts & Positions menu for Day, Month/Date, Weather Conditions and City Name submenus. This is needed to complete your original database which does not have these values stored and when the index.html is looking for them it will get stuck!
    Those files (index.html and menu.html) are in the attached centered.zip file.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-02-25)

Added a guide on how to use the weather feature information from WeatherUnderground in themes or iWidgets.

WUG feature Guide

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast