Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1mpressioN

Quote Originally Posted by menard_00 View Post
    I prefer CFI, over CustomFolders because it's compatible with IconOmatic. And CustomFolders is known to have respring problems (unless it has been updated?)
    I use CFI as I don't care too much for FolderIcons, since with FolderIcons, the iconomatic won't apply with them like they do with CFI

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArChAiC69 For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2015-02-18), ROberto Chase (2015-02-18), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-18)

Nice theme. overnight t's become my favorite. thanks for putting it together.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josh Reston For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2015-02-18), ROberto Chase (2015-02-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Reston View Post
    Thanks man I appreciate it

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

Josh Reston (2015-02-18), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-18)

It's among the top 5 that I leave on my phone

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ArChAiC69 For This Useful Post:

Josh Reston (2015-02-18), menard_00 (2015-02-18), ROberto Chase (2015-02-18), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-18)

I have to say it has already become my favorite. Everyone who sees it likes it and a good thing is I can change the colors so easily and the other colors are all nice too. and still two more colors are coming.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROberto Chase For This Useful Post:

Charles Robinson (2015-02-27), menard_00 (2015-02-18), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-18)

I knew blue and grey aren't everyone's colors. So I made my theme, planning on making color mods. Every mod I've made has been a personal request.

Sk37cH made a batch tut just as I was planning on release. That's what allows me to knock them out so quick

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

ROberto Chase (2015-02-18), Sk37cH (2015-02-18), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 2,246 Posts

I knew blue and grey aren't everyone's colors. So I made my theme, planning on making color mods. Every mod I've made has been a personal request.

Sk37cH made a batch tut just as I was planning on release. That's what allows me to knock them out so quick
    I'll say it again... Awesome work here mate It's refreshing to see many options quickly delivered to the users, and in a manner that ensures quality. Thank you for the PM and kind words. Are you on PS CS6? If so, I'll have a look into whipping up a concept, and swing you the script. I've had some issues with the path creation/applying in other versions of PS, but I think I have a work around. Thank you.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2015-02-18), Nykoscn (2015-02-18), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    I'll say it again... Awesome work here mate It's refreshing to see many options quickly delivered to the users, and in a manner that ensures quality. Thank you for the PM and kind words. Are you on PS CS6? If so, I'll have a look into whipping up a concept, and swing you the script. I've had some issues with the path creation/applying in other versions of PS, but I think I have a work around. Thank you.
    I'm using CC. I'd be more than happy to check it out though. Maybe I can test your workaround.

I do want to get more in depth with scripting, not just batch automation!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (2015-02-18)

Default 1mpressioN
    Just finished my first app update, D/L link in post 1. It includes 22 apps and will update every mod

I also wrote detailed instructions on how to install the folder icons. I tried to break it down as much as possible.
    Last edited by menard_00; 2015-02-18 at 10:00 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

ArChAiC69 (2015-02-18), Sk37cH (2015-02-18), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-18)

Color mods are live in Cydia, if you want the official copy

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

c0pes321 (2015-02-18), Sk37cH (2015-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 2,246 Posts

:: Skim Past (boring bits n' sh*t) ::

NOTE: I spent a couple of hours writing this private message, and looking at all aspects of the resources given to me... but MMi had other plans. If there's any issue with this being posted here, I can take it down... no worries;)

Hi mate. Nice work:) I have a few questions and maybe a couple of things you could incorporate.

1.) In read the readme, and it sounds like you have the same setup regarding a separate PSD for each icon? On page 3 of my guide, "Preperation", you'll see the setup I have on my desktop. Although your method does seem to be quite efficient.

2.) Given that there's the "path" issue between PS versions, I'd suggest having a look at my v3 scripts, as I david output them on CC (I think...). Let me know if that sheds any light on the possibilities we're dealing with. I only know a very small percentage of what it's yet to do for me.

3.) Hue attack is fine, though I tend to avoid it. Mainly because it limits what can be done with the surrounding blend modes and colours. It's not a "bad" approach for this, though I would've tended to attack only the pixels involved. With vector, you can directly attack the pixels, with a few more options.

4.) Leave your background vector, or at least full canvas, and clipped to a vector "Rounded rectangle". We've seen circles become elongated in the pixels around each four sides (where the vector points are usually located). Bezier Curves are a mathematical godsend to digital art. We should hate them for their incomprehensible mess of farkn tool to get your head around (case in point = Pen *Tool), but admire the brilliant man for bringing such a useful mathematical calculations of where pixels should/shouldn't go. Even resizing smaller, it's helpful. Case in Point = grill misalignment.

There's nothing else really. I'd say make it work for you. Try the things in the action window. There's some interesting default actions you drag into scripts and see what it does, then modify it to your needs (or record a similar action). Also, think one step ahead. I've added some handy paths to my master PSD, so that every icon PSD has the ability to create a new layer and apply styles to it. Let's take my latest video as an example. It shows that Iron man Glyph being made from a low res twitter image of a zeppelin logo (tweet and everything). It scales up from about 40px.... to THIS. The pattern is vector, though you should see my 7-8 yo PC struggle with it. I only edit it on the Mac lol.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2015-02-18)

Default 1mpressioN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Hi mate. Nice work I have a few questions and maybe a couple of things you could incorporate.
    Thanks for your feedback!! and I don't mind it on here. Somebody else may learn something also.

I am busy at work, but will look at your links this evening.

My current methods have been working pretty good (my own organized chaos), but I understand what you mean about the hue limiting pixel options. I can't just pick a color and apply to the image. I have to play with the hue/sat modes to achieve the look I want. That's something I will change next time.

Like I said in my pm, I've only been using PS about 6 months, so I'm still 'learning as I go'. Which has been a lot in the last month or so.

Thanks again for taking the time to check it out I'm looking forward to getting a few scripts going on CC. I know what I want to in my head, it's just a matter of getting it coded!!
    Last edited by menard_00; 2015-02-18 at 06:56 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (2015-02-18)

I've been neglecting the red mod for a couple of days. Been busy with App addons and getting other mods submitted.

I'm gonna get back on it tonight. Then yellow and I'll take request after that.

Also going to make my iWidget with NO border. With all the mods out now, the border is kind of pointless.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

Anthony Nelson (2015-02-18), Jeremy Stevens (2015-02-18), Josh Reston (2015-02-18), ROberto Chase (2015-02-18), Sk37cH (2015-02-19)

Icon request will ONLY be taken with BundleID, icon names, sizes and a pic wouldn't hurt.

Where can I find this information? I have a few icons that I could use modded for the orange theme if possible.

Default 1mpressioN
    Where can I find this information? I have a few icons that I could use modded for the orange theme if possible.
    Download AppInfo from Cydia.
    Then install this deb Over your already installed AppInfo.

AppInfo_v1.6.3b6

Open AppInfo and select the app you need icons for.
    You can either email it to me or just post a screenshot here.
    Last edited by menard_00; 2015-02-19 at 02:04 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

Josh Reston (2015-02-19)

Download AppInfo from Cydia.
    Then install this deb Over your already installed AppInfo.

AppInfo_v1.6.3b6

Open AppInfo and select the app you need icons for.
    You can either email it to me or just post a screenshot here.
    Does that one work on iOS 8?

Quote Originally Posted by ArChAiC69 View Post
    Does that one work on iOS 8?
    Yes. You need to have AppInfo installed from Cydia first. Then install the deb after that.

If not, the app won't be on your springboard!!

Yes. You need to have AppInfo installed from Cydia first. Then install the deb after that.

If not, the app won't be on your springboard!!
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1424309029.140690.jpg
    I keep getting that

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ArChAiC69 For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2015-02-19)

Quote Originally Posted by ArChAiC69 View Post
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1424309029.140690.jpg
    I keep getting that
    Respring, then reinstall

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to menard_00 For This Useful Post:

ArChAiC69 (2015-02-19), Josh Reston (2015-02-19)

Respring, then reinstall
    Yea, just got it fixed right after I posted the screen lol

37. The Following User Says Thank You to ArChAiC69 For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2015-02-19)

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast