Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Cydgets

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Default Free Cydgets
    No need to post with caution. Just post with thought. There isn't anything I say that you won't try to turn around on me. So you can take my suggestion for what it is, or ignore it. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    There isn't anything I say that you won't try to turn around on me.
    It's not even like that.

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Apparently the framework changed. I don't know, I am testing the new version of Cydget as there is not a Cydget currently that "works" on 8.3. Once it is out, I will put up working weather examples as I always do. As far as I can see, everything in this thread with weather still works.

Edit: Instead of "works" I should have said that is officially supported.
    Cydget 0.9.4013 works on iOS 8.3!
    The only problem is it will not install, unless you change the "depends" line in the control file and rebuild the deb file.
    Thanks for your answer!
    It was worth a try to ask you if you know why it does not work, you might have known why and if you don't know I accept that as well.
    Sadly I did not have the time to search for a fault solution, so I use the myLocation.txt file from WW2 instead.
    At least that was a fix I could implement straight away, as I wanted to see how cydgets work in iOS 8.3.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Cydget 0.9.4013 works on iOS 8.3!
    The only problem is it will not install, unless you change the "depends" line in the control file and rebuild the deb file.
    Thanks for your answer!
    It was worth a try to ask you if you know why it does not work, you might have known why and if you don't know I accept that as well.
    Sadly I did not have the time to search for a fault solution, so I use the myLocation.txt file from WW2 instead.
    At least that was a fix I could implement straight away, as I wanted to see how cydgets work in iOS 8.3.
    You're right it does work, but that Cydget will not be the one used in 8.3. Things are getting updated to allow Cycript in other webviews not just Cydget. Tbh we may not even need any of these "weather codes" to get weather. Which is awesome, but it's taking time. If you ever want to install a deb without needing to change the depends, just run dpkg --force-all -i

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2015-06-30), rasputin007 (2015-06-29)

Yepp, that's why I love Linux. There is always more then one way to achieve what you want to do.

Yepp, that's why I love Linux. There is always more then one way to achieve what you want to do.
    Ha bro! How can I use a I widget on my 8.3 or I cannot ?? 🏻
    Or do you have anther way??

Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    Ha bro! How can I use a I widget on my 8.3 or I cannot ?? ��
    Or do you have anther way??
    iWidgets work fine on 8.3 here is the thread if you need further assistance. http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-4s...-iwidgets.html

iWidgets work fine on 8.3 here is the thread if you need further assistance. http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-4s...-iwidgets.html
    Thanks bro!! 🏻

Can you please send me the Direct link because The one that I Download it's not working??

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    Can you please send me the Direct link because The one that I Download it's not working??
    If you are trying to install iwidgets just install it straight from cydia. No need to download the files from that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you are trying to install iwidgets just install it straight from cydia. No need to download the files from that thread.
    Mush better thanks bro!! 🏻

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Yet it's ok to tell a person they posted incorrectly, when it is in no violation of rules? I now feel like I have to "post with caution" with you micro managing my posts. What you just explained is the reason I gave him an answer instead of ignoring him. (which is one thing you recommended) I did not belittle him because I never said you need to go learn about what a selector is or telling him to stop coding and learn the language. Instead I thought he knew what a selector was. Sometimes telling someone "The error tells you what's wrong" is helpful. It has been told to me many times.

If he really wanted a better explanation or better answer to his problem, he would have posted the code that has the problem. You can see here http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-ne...resources.html where I've helped him when he posts code, and others. I don't think I need you to tell me how to post correctly.

Edit: Grammar
    Couldn't you just say, "sorry bro, I don't know the answer to that. Google may be better in assisting you. Sorry about that?" Was that so hard?
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2015-06-30 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Couldn't you just say, "sorry bro, I don't know the answer to that. Google may be better in assisting you. Sorry about that?" Was that so hard?
    Sure, could have said that too. I don't understand why what I say is a huge issue. From what I see Ras didn't have an issue on how I responded to him. Only the people lurking, and are not active in this thread, have an issue.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-06-30 at 01:21 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

V3RSAC3PYTHON (2015-06-30)

Default Free Cydgets
    Yes, us "Lurkers" typically don't post in your threads as all you do is report them.

No worries, that's my only post.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

17. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (2015-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, us "Lurkers" typically don't post in your threads as all you do is report them.

No worries, that's my only post.
    So you're saying if you came in here and asked a question about anything to do with Free Cydgets, I would report you? C'mon now lol.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-06-30 at 01:39 AM.

Got a problem!
    iOS 8.3 with cydget and "gps-location" cycript script.
    It worked perfect in iOS 8.1.3, but now in iOS 8.3 I get the following error message

Any ideas, what has gone wrong and how to solve it.
    Cheers.
    I've figured out this error. The same error appears in all my weather code for cycript. The problem is in 8.3 they did change this method.

Your selector at this point is WeatherLocationManager. The method or message you are trying to send it is.
    Code:
    -(void)setLocationTrackingReady:(BOOL)arg1 activelyTracking:(BOOL)arg2 ;
    If you look at the weather.framework header you can see the difference.

Here is iOS8
    iPhone 8.0 Headers

Code:
    -(void)setLocationTrackingReady:(BOOL)arg1 activelyTracking:(BOOL)arg2 ;
    and here is iOS8.3
    https://github.com/nst/iOS-Runtime-H...ationManager.h

Code:
    - (void)setLocationTrackingReady:(BOOL)arg1 activelyTracking:(BOOL)arg2 watchKitExtension:(BOOL)arg3;
    In 8.3 the method or message is now passing 3 parameters to the selector instead of the two we were sending it. If you change your code (guessing it is the same as my examples) to

Code:
    [WLocation setLocationTrackingReady:YES activelyTracking:NO watchKitExtension:nil];
    You will no longer get this error. We just send a nil to the watchKitExtension as we are not providing any extension.

About the method/message. I call it a method, but you are also sending the selector a message. I don't know the correct term. I just understand how it works

Edit: To support iOS 8 - 8.3 just remove the whole thing, but make sure you have [WLocation setLocationTrackingActive:YES]
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-06-30 at 04:17 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-06-30)

From what I see Ras didn't have an issue on how I responded to him.
    Ah ... nope.
    If I would not have got any response at all, I might have one. LOL

Thanks for the above post. That makes very much sense to me. I have to remember to look at headers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

So you're saying if you came in here and asked a question about anything to do with Free Cydgets, I would report you? C'mon now lol.
    Well you just reported me, right? And I asked a simple question relating to your theme.

Ah ... nope.
    If I would not have got any response at all, I might have one. LOL

Thanks for the above post. That makes very much sense to me. I have to remember to look at headers.
    Not a problem. The headers lets us see what's going on, i've spent a lot of time there lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Well you just reported me, right? And I asked a simple question relating to your theme.
    You're probably just on ignore, Padgoi. Like me..

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast