Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Cydgets

Thanks June, lets hope this will improve the current cydget apprehension here at MMi.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Thanks June, lets hope this will improve the current cydget apprehension here at MMi.
    Cydget 'apprehension disorder'.. (lol) isn't confined to MMi.. I'm in the Twitterverse too..

I don't think many are scared of Cydget, but just code itself. Most are lost without something to copy and paste, so I will contribute lol

It really is a good boilerplate code, if I do say so myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2015-03-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

I like how you cleverly shortened document.getElementByID to a short function.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

Really enjoy the video tutorials!

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Really enjoy the video tutorials!
    Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

metaserph (2015-04-02), V3RSAC3PYTHON (2015-04-02)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2015-04-24), RKO1195 (2015-04-24)

New library sset.js added to http://junesiphone.com/libraries.

The script will allow you to add settings to any html page with sset.create('TwentyFour','twentyfour','blue');
    Adds a switch that will display in the top/left corner. When switch is toggled it will update state and save localStorage to remember.

Example to use with a clock widget.

Code:
    sset.create('TwentyFour','twentyfour','blue');

var twentyfourhour = (localStorage.twentyfour) ? JSON.parse(localStorage.twentyfour) : true;

if(twentyfourhour){
    // do something with hour clock element
    }
    CodePen: sset.js
    Video: Example of sset.js used on a lockscreen. by June (JunesIphone) on Mobypicture

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Beta19 (2015-04-25), NewD (2015-04-25), RKO1195 (2015-04-25)

Got a problem!
    iOS 8.3 with cydget and "gps-location" cycript script.
    It worked perfect in iOS 8.1.3, but now in iOS 8.3 I get the following error message

Any ideas, what has gone wrong and how to solve it.
    Cheers.

Got a problem!
    iOS 8.3 with cydget and "gps-location" cycript script.
    It worked perfect in iOS 8.1.3, but now in iOS 8.3 I get the following error message

Any ideas, what has gone wrong and how to solve it.
    Cheers.
    The error tells you what is wrong.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-06-28)

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    True!
    It found an unknown selector.
    But I am dumb when it comes to Objective-C/cycript. I don't even know what a selector does - I have a guess, but that is as far as it goes.
    So I am stuck as my lack of knowledge stops me from finding a solution.

Anyway I rather would use the "other" gps cycript (from your blog) as that goes straight to CoreLocation whereas this one gets the gps from the weather framework.
    The only problem is that when using CoreLocation you need to have access permission, always or whenInUse, and I only get that working once after granting CoreLocation framework always permission.
    However the cycript script that gets the gps from the weather framework does not need permission, but is less accurate - only 5 or 6 decimals compared to the CoreLocation values with 14 decimals.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

He obviously wants to know what the error means. If you know then explaining it to him would be helpful.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-06-28)

Thanks Simon.
    Yeah, what I don't understand is that the same code works in iOS 8.1.1 and 8.1.2, but throws this "unrecognized selector" error when running in iOS 8.3.
    I would love to know why this happened and what could be the solution.

True!
    It found an unknown selector.
    But I am dumb when it comes to Objective-C/cycript. I don't even know what a selector does - I have a guess, but that is as far as it goes.
    So I am stuck as my lack of knowledge stops me from finding a solution.

Anyway I rather would use the "other" gps cycript (from your blog) as that goes straight to CoreLocation whereas this one gets the gps from the weather framework.
    The only problem is that when using CoreLocation you need to have access permission, always or whenInUse, and I only get that working once after granting CoreLocation framework always permission.
    However the cycript script that gets the gps from the weather framework does not need permission, but is less accurate - only 5 or 6 decimals compared to the CoreLocation values with 14 decimals.
    The best thing to do (what I do) is research what the error is and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    He obviously wants to know what the error means. If you know then explaining it to him would be helpful.
    I obviously don't have an answer for him. If he wants to know then he should look it up. I myself do not know enough Obj-c to teach others. I find that the worst thing anyone could do, and honestly teaches them nothing.

Thanks

I obviously don't have an answer for him. If he wants to know then he should look it up. I myself do not know enough Obj-c to teach others. I find that the worst thing anyone could do, and honestly teaches them nothing.
    Then there was no need to post. Or a simple I'm not sure post or something like that. Like you just posted above. Much more helpful suggestion than your first.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (2015-06-30)

Then there was no need to post. Or a simple I'm not sure post or something like that. Like you just posted above. Much more helpful suggestion than your first.
    I'm sorry Simon I did not mean to offend you with my response to him. That's the best answer I could have gave imo. Honestly it's helped many people with the jailbreak these last few days. People don't read errors, just like with cydia errors. I guess I could have said Google the error, but I am sure you would think that was incorrect as well. Maybe it wasn't the best answer in your opinion, but that's only that. I can imagine what the response would have been if he posted that question in /r/jailbreakdevelopers

25. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

V3RSAC3PYTHON (2015-06-29)

Thanks Simon.
    Yeah, what I don't understand is that the same code works in iOS 8.1.1 and 8.1.2, but throws this "unrecognized selector" error when running in iOS 8.3.
    I would love to know why this happened and what could be the solution.
    Apparently the framework changed. I don't know, I am testing the new version of Cydget as there is not a Cydget currently that "works" on 8.3. Once it is out, I will put up working weather examples as I always do. As far as I can see, everything in this thread with weather still works.

Edit: Instead of "works" I should have said that is officially supported.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-06-28 at 10:44 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We try to be a bit more helpful on MMi. Has always been the philosophy laid down by Kyle. We never want to be a place where someone is scared to ask a question for fear of being berated or looked down upon. I can understand that your motive behind your first answer to him was to get him to better himself and learn. But end of the day that's just the easy way out. You may not have known there answer but from your recent posts you show that you can still help and point him in the right direction.

We try to be a bit more helpful on MMi. Has always been the philosophy laid down by Kyle. We never want to be a place where someone is scared to ask a question for fear of being berated or looked down upon. I can understand that your motive behind your first answer to him was to get him to better himself and learn. But end of the day that's just the easy way out. You may not have known there answer but from your recent posts you show that you can still help and point him in the right direction.
    Yet it's ok to tell a person they posted incorrectly, when it is in no violation of rules? I now feel like I have to "post with caution" with you micro managing my posts. What you just explained is the reason I gave him an answer instead of ignoring him. (which is one thing you recommended) I did not belittle him because I never said you need to go learn about what a selector is or telling him to stop coding and learn the language. Instead I thought he knew what a selector was. Sometimes telling someone "The error tells you what's wrong" is helpful. It has been told to me many times.

If he really wanted a better explanation or better answer to his problem, he would have posted the code that has the problem. You can see here http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-ne...resources.html where I've helped him when he posts code, and others. I don't think I need you to tell me how to post correctly.

Edit: Grammar

30. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast