Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Cydgets

Livin the iPhone Life V3RSAC3PYTHON's Avatar
    Thanks

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1421935286.413666.jpg

June why is my cyget inaccurate? I just had to install it again. Havent edited anything. Made sure my location was showing in weather. Im stuck lol

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Day 5
    i respect your talent but hate that you've got it

just awesome

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EdiTz For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-01-27)

A big fat

THANK YOU

to you and Optimo!
    With the help of you two I got now a shell script or as Optimo calls it a shebang shell script (hashbang) with the "geolocation" cycript code from your blog working.
    Now I can call this shell script whenever I want or run it from the other shell script that fetches the weather xml file every 5 minutes.
    Basically I can run any cycript code with shell script (needs to be tested yet).
    Damm, haven't been so excited for ages. LOL
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-01-27), metaserph (2015-03-21), Simon (2015-01-27), Zooropalg (2015-01-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Doesel View Post
    Hey,
    got a little problem... since this morning the cydget isn't working any more. None of the values/badges will be displayed, but I didn't change anything (checked timestamp of index.html which is two days old). I respringed (?) several times, en-/disabled cydgets or changed their order, nothing helped. Your other cydget work though.

Edit: so, I realised what I did yesterday evening.. I activated an alarm for the first time with the "official" clock app from Apple (normally using 3rd party app). When I disable it all badges will be shown again. I'm curious because none of the other cydgets is affected. But as I'm writing this I think I know what the problem is - good that we've spoken about it
    What cydget is this, and did you find the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by V3RSAC3PYTHON View Post
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1421935286.413666.jpg

June why is my cyget inaccurate? I just had to install it again. Havent edited anything. Made sure my location was showing in weather. Im stuck lol
    I have no idea. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1422393216.982973.jpg

check location services is on, check weather.app is on in the location services, make sure weather.app is set to current location. Thats the gist of it.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-27 at 10:15 PM.

I am a bit buggered.
    Thanks to the authorization change for location access in iOS 8, I only get my shell script to work once after giving "Core.Location.framework" Always access in the Settings->Privacy->Location Service On menu.

I have not found a way to get permanent AlwaysAuthorization.
    I think the problem lies in the missing Info.plist (shell script does not need one) where you need the
    Code:
    <key>NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription</key>
    <string>GPS monitoring for weather updates</string>
    as iOS 8 is checking for this key.
    If that key can not be found then the
    Code:
    [manager requestAlwaysAuthorization]
    in the shell script checks the permission set in the above mentioned Settings menu and resets the "Always" permission given after each use.
    However I added the "NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription" key & string into the plist file in LaunchDaemon, which runs this shell script every 5 minutes and even that does not help.
    Also adding a WatchPath key into this LaunchDaemon plist, pointing to a Preference plist with that "NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription" key & string in it, does not make any changes.
    I also found that if I run a shell script without any "requestAlwaysAuthorization" and plist connection (LaunchDaemon/Preference) it also only works once after giving Core.Location.framework Always permission in Settings->Privacy->Location On menu.
    Then I also tried
    Code:
    CLAuthorizationStatus status = [CLLocationManager authorizationStatus];

status = kCLAuthorizationStatusAuthorizedAlways
    but that did not work either.
    I am a bit hampered by the lack of Object-C knowledge, so don't know if I was somewhere on the right track, but got the coding wrong.
    Any help pointing me into the right direction would be much appreciated.

EDIT
    One option I have not tried yet is the creation of a Settings menu with a On/Off switch and description cell for that "NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription" key.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-01-30 at 04:57 PM.

Day 3 have a beautiful wallpaper, share to me please

how to fix it, when i recive new notifications after that delete it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0373.png  

Quote Originally Posted by mondaykiz View Post
    how to fix it, when i recive new notifications after that delete it
    install clearlocknotifications. When a notification come in and you want to close it drag it down.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

mondaykiz (2015-01-31), V3RSAC3PYTHON (2015-01-31)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I am a bit buggered.
    Well, once a plonker, always a plonker.
    I replaced the cyript code in my shell script, which was from your blog, with the one I use in the cydget.
    And hey presto, no more authorisation needed!
    Now it works beautifully.
    One shell script starts with LaunchDaemon every 3 minutes, this shell script runs the "cycript-shell" script first and after that fetches the weather data and saves them locally.
    Now a perfectly automated GPS & weather update every 3 minutes (or whatever time I choose), all running in the background without any activation or other user input. It just does it.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default Free Cydgets
    Now a perfectly automated GPS & weather update every 3 minutes (or whatever time I choose), all running in the background without any activation or other user input. It just does it.
    Just like WW2 does.. Except we know you hate weather.com. But at 3 minute updates aren't you worried about running over your cap of 500 calls a day at weatherunderground?
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-13 at 02:53 PM.

Every 3 minutes makes 20 calls an hour, with 24 hours a day I still stay under my free allowance of 500 a day.
    Anyway I have 30 raindrops to waste. LOL
    This is working since this morning, so I will change it as even WeatherUnderground does not update their weather every 3 minutes, so properly split gps determination and weather data fetching at different intervals.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-02-13 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default Free Cydgets
    Every 3 minutes makes 20 calls an hour, with 24 hours a day I still stay under my free allowance of 500 a day.
    Anyway I have 30 raindrops to waste. LOL
    This is working since this morning, so I will change it as even WeatherUnderground does not update their weather every 3 minutes, so properly split gps determination and weather data fetching at different intervals.
    Yes. I was just going to suggest that you set weather updates to maybe 10 min and GPS to 1-3 min.. Though I find it very useful that WW also auto updates the weather when I'm traveling at a specified distance. But using you system and June's, I believe, when you arrive at the new destination it should update within a reasonable amount of time. My focus has always been on developing for location widgets.. I'm less interested in the process for getting weather data.

And I have 29 raindrops left myself.

Thanks

Hey june. I like the battery line cydget as well as toggles. Anyway to combine?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to V3RSAC3PYTHON For This Useful Post:

Beta19 (2015-02-26)

Thanks

Also. On the neat cydget how can i disable default slide unlock? Think u may have covered this but i cant find it. Thanks in advance

Look HERE

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

V3RSAC3PYTHON (2015-02-26)

Hey june. I like the battery line cydget as well as toggles. Anyway to combine?
    Combine? Yes anything can be combined, but you need to know how to code. There is no "easy" way to do it.

Also. On the neat cydget how can i disable default slide unlock? Think u may have covered this but i cant find it. Thanks in advance
    I use lock screen tools to hide things on the Lockscreen.

Thanks

Ty june appreciate it

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-03-20), RKO1195 (2015-03-20)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast