Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)

Quote Originally Posted by raeldude View Post
    Donation sent. Confirmation number: 52E04434DH709323M . Please let me know if add'l information is needed.
    All links have been sent, check your email.

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    All links have been sent, check your email.
    Got them, running it already, and its excellent; as expected. Thanks! Once it hits Cydia will our donation cover it there, or will we have to re-purchase? Not that it's a big deal -- and to the pecker puncher complaining about charging for it, go pound dirt. Good work, and time invested, makes it well worth it. :/
    Last edited by raeldude; 2015-01-07 at 01:20 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to raeldude For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-01-07)

Got them, running it already, and its excellent; as expected. Thanks! Once it hits Cydia will our donation cover it there, or will we have to re-purchase? Not that it's a big deal -- and to the pecker puncher complaining about charging for it, go pound dirt. Good work, and time invested, makes it well worth it. :/
    You won't have to purchase again. I have everyone's email saved. When the next version is finished I will send it via email. If everything is good I will send to Cydia. Once I send it to Cydia I will requests everyone's Cydia number to give them the package. This way you have it in Cydia and could get any future updates from there.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-07 at 01:31 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

jawonder (2015-01-08), Palmin (2015-01-07)

My pleasure to help you bro- un centavo para comer un pastel con soda cuando termines l trbjo 😊😉

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jozelito617 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)
    Hey June, have been messing around with this now for a few days and had some thoughts:

1/ I am currently on a road trip and this updated very well automatically as I drive through different towns. I changed the refresh interval to 3 mins which worked great.

2/ 1 issue that does pop up a little bit is that the condition is "undefined" every now and then. Location, and all weather is fine, just the condition.

3/ does the "update weather" button do anything? Would be nice to have an effect when u press it.

4/ Just my opinion but I think the "extra" info is more important than the "settings" and you should have a menu item for that instead eg called "info" or something then maybe access the settings by tapping the date instead. (If you don't want to do that can you please let me know how I would go about it?)
    I feel like you set the settings the first time you install then you don't need that page again. Just my two cents.

And here is a work in progress I have made.

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1420630768.890986.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1420630783.807191.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1420630798.471628.jpg

I would also request being able to put the current weather icon on the first page too, and I think the date under the time would look great. Weather walls will be an awesome addition too.

Thanks again for such a great tweak and well done.

Cheers

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splatty79 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-01-07), Palmin (2015-01-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Don't think you'd want one of Krima anyway this is his "...cloudy" image...
    Attachment 690708
    Lol
    Haha, Mr. AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post
    Hey June, have been messing around with this now for a few days and had some thoughts:

1/ I am currently on a road trip and this updated very well automatically as I drive through different towns. I changed the refresh interval to 3 mins which worked great.
    Awesome, but please note 3 mins means you are pulling location every 3 minutes. This may affect battery life.

2/ 1 issue that does pop up a little bit is that the condition is "undefined" every now and then. Location, and all weather is fine, just the condition.
    I have yet to see this one. Not sure how I could figure out what condition is giving you undefined. I guess in the next version I will add a popup that tells you which condition is undefined and then we could go from there.

or you can add the alert now.

Code:
    getEL("condition").innerHTML=condition[WC.conditionCode];
    find this line in the html and above it put

Code:
    alert(WC.conditionCode);
    3/ does the "update weather" button do anything? Would be nice to have an effect when u press it.
    Yes, it gets current location and updates weather. Every time it is pressed you will see the location icon in the status bar. If I can think of another way to give an effect when pressed I will, or some kind of verification popup.

4/ Just my opinion but I think the "extra" info is more important than the "settings" and you should have a menu item for that instead eg called "info" or something then maybe access the settings by tapping the date instead. (If you don't want to do that can you please let me know how I would go about it?)
    I feel like you set the settings the first time you install then you don't need that page again. Just my two cents.
    The extra info is info for today. This is the reason I put on the Today page and not in settings (or a different tab). I do think that there could be a better way of activating it, as most wont even think of pressing the update text, but that is the best I could currently come up with. I also don't believe there is enough info to put on its own page and make it look good.

As more things are added to the settings page I feel it may be useful. It is also very useful because if a user downloads this and thinks, hey I want to change weather walls to be on how do I do that. Would be more obvious for them to touch settings rather than another method of changing settings (Example: Having to go to settings.app to change them or touching the update text).

I would also request being able to put the current weather icon on the first page too, and I think the date under the time would look great. Weather walls will be an awesome addition too.
    That would come down to where would you put the current weather icon and where you would want to put the date. I styled this to be minimal not having everything cluttered. For the date I personally disagree, just because you would have two elements that are basically the same on one screen. The more elements you add the more cluttered it will look. I am very happy on how it looks, but if you can find a good place to put the weather icon I don't mind implementing it. Most everything you suggested is subjective, so if anyone else feels the same I would love to know.

Weather walls are done, and being tested.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-07 at 07:52 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Splatty79 (2015-01-07)

The way the lockscreen is coded it would be very simple to change tabs or add or remove items from the tabs.

I will try to explain the setup.

Code:
    <div id="today">
      <div id="details">
       </div>
    </div>
    The today tab is made up of two main parts. The Today div and the Details div. Everything in the details tab is hidden by default. Everything in the today div is shown by default

Code:
    <div id="hourly" onclick="showMore();">
    </div>
    Everything inside the hourly div shows when hourly is pressed.

Code:
    <div id="daily">
    </div>
    Everything inside the daily div shows when daily is pressed.

Code:
    <div id="settings">
    </div>
    Everything inside the settings div shows when settings is pressed.

Basically if you want to move anything from tab to tab, just move what is inside each div. For example if you want to put the today info inside settings, then remove it from details and add to settings. You could then take everything in settings and add to details. You would have to adjust some css, but that is the gist of moving elements tab to tab. The JS will handle the rest as far as hiding this tab when this tab is pressed and so on.

Edit: Grammar.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-07 at 11:08 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2015-01-07), NewD (2015-01-07), Splatty79 (2015-01-07)

Not sure how relevant this is, but in the today section if I pull up the information there (sunrise, etc) it shows the section for Sunset time incorrectly. The stock weather app shows 5:17 PM but the today section on the lock screen shows 5:71 PM, so I'm guessing something got inverted, or whatever. Again, not sure if this is pertinent to anything, but its the only "off the wall" thing I've seen so far.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to raeldude For This Useful Post:

Not sure how relevant this is, but in the today section if I pull up the information there (sunrise, etc) it shows the section for Sunset time incorrectly. The stock weather app shows 5:17 PM but the today section on the lock screen shows 5:71 PM, so I'm guessing something got inverted, or whatever. Again, not sure if this is pertinent to anything, but its the only "off the wall" thing I've seen so far.
    Will take a look at it thanks!

With the addition of weather walls, became an issue about setting user walls. Since the weather walls would set to the settings.app wallpaper if you changed that wallpaper via settings you couldn't go back to the weather walls.

This is because I don't repeatedly set the weather wall. Once it is set I store that it was set for that pertaining wall. Otherwise every time you would unlock your device it would pointlessly set a weather wall that was already set.

For the switch I added the option if you toggle off the weather wallpaper then on, it will replace the user wall with the weather wall. The background for user or weather walls works across all my cydgets that are on iOS8. Which is awesome imo.

Video here showing it. Weather Walls
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-07 at 11:27 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2015-01-07), oldskoolsk8r (2015-01-08), Palmin (2015-01-08)

Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

When can we get this upgrade? That looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
    When can we get this upgrade? That looks awesome!
    Tomorrow evening maybe. I still need change the size of 80+ wallpapers, and was waiting to see if Splatty79 would give me the condition that was returning undefined so it could be fixed.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-08 at 04:44 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2015-01-08)

Thanks

Tomorrow evening maybe. I still need change the size of 80+ wallpapers, and was waiting to see if Splatty79 would give me the condition that was returning undefined so it could be fixed.
    I don't think it is any particular condition, more when the 3G signal is weaker while I was travelling.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Splatty79 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-01-08)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Donated Unique Transaction ID #0UH84266XY656223R

That it are was need !

iPhone 5s

Thanks

Default Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)
    Thanks June.
    I have location icon hidden so that is why I didn't see that when I click update.

Undefined still happening a lot for me so I put your code in and getting "3200" in the index.html, which I see is "not available" in the API. Annoying!

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1420718125.179142.jpg

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Splatty79; 2015-01-08 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks June.
    I have location icon hidden so that is why I didn't see that when I click update.

Undefined still happening a lot for me so I put your code in and getting "3200" in the index.html, which I see is "not available" in the API. Annoying!

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1420718125.179142.jpg

Hope that helps.
    Ahh makes sense, and that is a shame. I'm guessing the weather.app shows the same? I'll change it to show Not Available. It's not as good as a condition, but better than undefined.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Splatty79 (2015-01-08)

Version 0.1 has been sent out. All around a pretty big update. For all changes view here https://ghostbin.com/paste/j3bbm

If you didn't receive 0.1 check your spam. If you still don't have it email me.

As always, if you have any issues let me know
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-08 at 09:29 PM.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-08), kashmola (2015-01-08), Splatty79 (2015-01-08)

Version 0.1 has been sent out. All around a pretty big update. For all changes view here https://ghostbin.com/paste/j3bbm

If you didn't receive 0.1 check your spam, if you still don't have it email me.

As always, if you have any issues let me know
    Can use it ?

iPhone 5s

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast