Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    It was Flex 2 causing the issue. It's not the tweak itself it was some of the values I changed in the springboard that was overriding the OS. When I removed that patch, all was well.
    Thanks. Which flex patch did you have that altered the wallpaper view of the lock screen?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Thanks. Which flex patch did you have that altered the wallpaper view of the lock screen?
    It was the Parallax Off (iOS 8) one. There are a few u can download. Plus, I made some changes to it too but those changes didn't matter. The patch itself, unedited, would cause this side effect. Never noticed it before because I guess Convergance supersedes any of these modifications.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-01-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

June, you mention full GPS. But is it autoupdating like WW? Or does it require a launch of the Weather.app like NativeWeather did or the tap of a button somewhere? In other words - if I were on a long trip and my wife were driving.. As I gazed at EpicCydget would my location and weather be auto updating as crossed city lines?

Yes auto updates
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Yes auto updates
    They used to say NativeWeather was auto updating. But it wasn't. It required an opening of the Weather.app to update. When you go into the weather.app now in iOS 8, just as it always had, you see the old city you were in for about three seconds - then it springs to the new city. Did June find a way to have it be truly GPS constantly tied to the GPS antenna? Weather.app doesn't do that. Was just curious if June undertook that bear as that was one of the main reasons Durben & King sought out a dev to help them write WW. Native Weather was never truly auto-updating. And Weather.app still isn't.

It is possible to have a background gps watch/update constantly running with Objective-C, even if your app is closed. Significant location changes will be saved for the next time you open the app, which then has the latest GPS location.
    Living Earth has a on/off switch for this "app in background" option when you close the app, so it updates the weather and GPS constantly. I ran this for quite a while now and there is no noticeable increase in battery drain. It has a similar layout like the Weather App, one gps based location and then fixed ones you set yourself.
    I also use a shell script that downloads the weather.xml every 5 minutes, which is does not always do when the iPhone is in lock/sleep mode, but as soon as it is active it downloads the latest one.

EDIT:
    I use an all black wallpaper as the iOS Settings wallpaper for the lockscreen. So then the first thing I see is the wallpaper I selected in the cydget. Because I do not have a need for a iOS Settings wallpaper, an all black one gets around the short flashing of the iOS Settings wallpaper.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-01-06 at 12:51 AM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

I just answered it.

I know what auto updating means I have been around awhile.

Was the reason I never used native weather.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

June - congrats this looks amazing.

Are you able to have your location on the first/home screen, say under the clock?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Splatty79 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post
    June - congrats this looks amazing.

Are you able to have your location on the first/home screen, say under the clock?
    Yes. It is actually on the today view already but is hidden by it being in the details div. Which is activated when you press the last updated text.

You would move the city div, and adjust the css for it.
    Code:
    <div id="today">
    		<div id="updated" ontouchend="showDetails();"></div>
    		<div id="details" style="display:none;" ontouchend="showDetails();">
    			<div id="feelsLike"></div>
    			<div id="feeltxt">FeelsLike</div>
    			<div id="city"></div>
    			<div id="visibility"></div>
    			<div id="humidity"></div>
    			<div id="dewPoint"></div>
    			<div id="windChill"></div>
    			<div id="sunset"></div>
    			<div id="sunrise"></div>
    			<div id="chanceofrain"></div>
    		</div>
    		<div class="wdesc">
    			<div id="temp"></div>
    			<div id="low"></div>
    			<div id="high"></div>
    			<div id="condition"></div>
    		</div>
    		<div id="time"></div>
    	</div>
    Above is the today view. Inside the today view it has a sub div of details.

Code:
    			<div id="city"></div>
    			<div id="sunset"></div>
    			<div id="sunrise"></div>
    		</div>
    Just remove the city div and place it above the details div. Then it will be on the first/homescreen. You could then adjust the #city div in the css to place it wherever you want on that screen.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Splatty79 (2015-01-06), will822 (2015-01-06)

Thanks

Yes. It is actually on the today view already but is hidden by it being in the details div. Which is activated when you press the last updated text.

You would move the city div, and adjust the css for it.
    Code:
    <div id="today">
    <div id="updated" ontouchend="showDetails();"></div>
    <div id="city"></div>
    <div id="sunset"></div>
    <div id="sunrise"></div>
    </div>
    <div class="wdesc">
    <div id="temp"></div>
    <div id="low"></div>
    <div id="high"></div>
    <div id="condition"></div>
    </div>
    <div id="time"></div>
    </div>
    Above is the today view. Inside the today view it has a sub div of details.

Code:
    <div id="city"></div>
    <div id="sunset"></div>
    <div id="sunrise"></div>
    </div>
    Just remove the city div and place it above the details div. Then it will be on the first/homescreen. You could then adjust the #city div in the css to place it wherever you want on that screen.
    Awesome thanks. Has so much potential!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Splatty79 For This Useful Post:

This css will put city under time

#city{
    position: absolute;top:538px;left:10px;width:180px;text-align:left;color:white;font-size: 20px;
    }

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2015-01-06), Splatty79 (2015-01-06)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    EDIT:
    I use an all black wallpaper as the iOS Settings wallpaper for the lockscreen. So then the first thing I see is the wallpaper I selected in the cydget. Because I do not have a need for a iOS Settings wallpaper, an all black one gets around the short flashing of the iOS Settings wallpaper.
    This was my fix too, but telling someone to set a black wallpaper turned out bad. So I then added a cpbitmap of a black image to my Cydget whenever it loaded it replaced the current cpbitmap with a black one. This was ok, but people still complained about seeing black before the Cydget. I never figured out how to turn a UIImage to cpbitmap so I figured out how to set the settings wallpaper and haven't had one complaint yet.

Edit. Which I guess in the end converts a UIImage to cpbitmap lol.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-06 at 06:33 AM.

Thanks

Edit - wrong link address. Cheers
    Last edited by Splatty79; 2015-01-06 at 01:45 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a 6+.
    In my experiences, any lockscreen player using any animations caused respring city . . . that is until the newest GroovyLock and GroovyBoard. I tried every single one, even with minimal animations and my phone resprung at least 15 times per day.
    Your "epic" cydget attempts to alleviate this by removing all animation. But for those of us (and there are plenty) that like animations on our phones, GL+ and GB+ have allowed this. THAT, my friend, is innovation. THIS is a work-around.

AND GL+ and GB+ are free, as are UNIAW. Every single one of your cydgets are around $2.99. I'd rather get innovation for free and donate to a cause than pay for a workaround. But yeah. . . just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    I have a 6+.
    In my experiences, any lockscreen player using any animations caused respring city . . . that is until the newest GroovyLock and GroovyBoard. I tried every single one, even with minimal animations and my phone resprung at least 15 times per day.
    Your "epic" cydget attempts to alleviate this by removing all animation. But for those of us (and there are plenty) that like animations on our phones, GL+ and GB+ have allowed this. THAT, my friend, is innovation. THIS is a work-around.

AND GL+ and GB+ are free, as are UNIAW. Every single one of your cydgets are around $2.99. I'd rather get innovation for free and donate to a cause than pay for a workaround. But yeah. . . just my 2 cents.
    What you are calling innovation is a lock screen manager that uses the newest implementation of a Webview. GL+ did not create this WebView it is in the iOS API. I don't really see how it's innovative as you can save a webclip from safari and achieve the same thing. Also apple has this WebView documented. No one else is using it as it is not ready for prime time (iWidgets, HTML4, Cydget, Covergance, etc). That is the reason that GL+ has to create work arounds for normal javascript to fix the issues of Apple's implementation (Timers not working, not being able to read files from a local directory etc.) It's cool that GC did it, but as you see he hasn't released to the public and is buggy. Which will probably be fixed in the next version of iOS.

My "Epic" cydget does not attempt to alleviate this by removing all animation. It never had animation to start with, which most of my widgets/lock screens do not. I myself like to get as much from my battery as possible. What my "Epic" cydget does is create a way for a Cydget to pull weather information with no other tweaks (as the title says). I never called it innovative myself, but some here did. I guess because it is something that has never been done before (that we know of) and there are no available instructions that clearly tell you how to do what I did. As for pricing, it is my product, it is my code. I can choose how I want to distribute it, if you don't like that then there are other free lockscreens you can use.

It comes to a point where you have a normal user (like yourself) that get innovation and work arounds mixed up. You think GL+ in innovative because you can run a lot of animation without a respring. That's cool, but you really have no idea how it achieved this. Therefore you think it is innovative. Then you say my Cydget is a "work around" although it uses the most "stock" way of doing things. Mostly because you don't have no idea what I did (plus you don't like that it's paid) GL+ is the one that has to implement work arounds for the WKWebview to even run "stock" Javacript properly.

You obviously don't like me (although you don't even know me). This was proven when you came to my thread bashing this cydget because it didn't even have weather walls. Seems like you will still try to find anything wrong with it to "put it down" which so far you failed. Plus on top of that saying that everything that comes from my mouth (and my slaves which by the way I don't have, and is very condescending) is incorrect or flawed. If you have nothing constructive to say, why take the time out of your day to hate something else someone did? I like haters though, they are able to pick through whatever you did and if there is a flaw they will let you know. Giving you true insight on things that need fixed. I have waited here for that, and those that I thought would hate on this, congratulated me for what I did. I still have yet to find someone who can point out something flawed with this cydget.

Besides the price, which is subjective. Most people jailbreak to get free things. Some don't buy music to support artists, but would rather steal it. There is nothing wrong with putting time into something and selling it. You as a consumer have a choice to buy it or not no one is forcing you do to it. I also mentioned in the first post that I will not go around blaming people for stealing my code. This is basically giving an open invitation for anyone to look how I achieved this, use it and release a free or paid version. It may not be this exact cydget, but it will use the same concept for pulling weather.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-06 at 06:55 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

TruthDivine666 (2015-01-07)

I've read a lot of back and forth BS here. But honestly I commend June on a job well done! This was attempted early on by the Native Weather approach, but sadly that approach was not implemented anywhere nearly as efficient as this.

I'm sure it took a lot of time digging around to find where to pull the data from and it is a nice accomplishment. June and myself don't always see eye to eye, but I always give credit on a job well done.

I'm not a huge fan of Cydget, as it has its shortcomings in my opinion, as I also felt this was the way of the future back in iOS 5. But sadly, it really hasn't come along like I had hoped. Anyway I'd like to not see this get bashed for what it isn't, but just accepted for what it is.

My only complaint is that June refers to this not needing any other tweak when it depends on 2 tweaks Cydgets and Cycript to run. No different than depending on WW and GL to run UniAW.

But like I said, this is a great accomplishment from a very talented individual and he has been very gracious in taking the time to discuss all aspects here, but I'd like to see it move forward.

My request:

It def needs some weather walls!
    Looking forward to seeing how that works out! Good luck with this and again, great job!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dmick89 (2015-01-06), jawonder (2015-01-06), June'sIphone (2015-01-06), Krima (2015-01-06), kristatos (2015-01-07), NewD (2015-01-06), TruthDivine666 (2015-01-07)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

My only complaint is that June refers to this not needing any other tweak when it depends on 2 tweaks Cydgets and Cycript to run. No different than depending on WW and GL to run UniAW.
    Could have been worded differently I agree. When I think Cydget, I think Cydget/Cycript as one. In the cydia description I will clearly say that it does not require WW, Lat&Long or any other gps tweak to get location. That was the point I was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post

It def needs some weather walls!
    Looking forward to seeing how that works out! Good luck with this and again, great job!

They are coming. I haven't had time to gather walls.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-06 at 07:18 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-06), kristatos (2015-01-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

June, we have some walls man. We have over 42 day and 40 night walls in full 1242x2208. I'm sure if u want them it would be no problem. Unless u want to find your own. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-01-07), King_O_Hill (2015-01-06)

Thanks

Just a few things to push back on in your comments here, June.. Much of what you said - that I won't requote has merit. Only quoted here are things that don't quite convey the reality accurately "in my opinion".

What you are calling innovation is a lock screen manager that uses the newest implementation of a Webview. GL+ did not create this WebView it is in the iOS API.
    To have found the hooks into WKWebview IS innovative, June. Not different than Saurik getting into the artwork of our phone for WB, or SDDev, 18months ago finding the hooks into weather.framework - same you found 18 months later. Those are accomplishments 'with no help from anyone else' not Apple - nothing. Jake, Saurik, you and SD (Matchstik, Bushe, Fillipo, etc, etc) all innovate when you hook something that Apple kept hidden.

What my "Epic" cydget does is create a way for a Cydget to pull weather information with no other tweaks (as the title says).
    This is still an 'almost' intellectually dishonest statement. Epic Cydget uses two tweaks - Cydget and Cycript - both separate tweaks though only one mobile substrate (dylib). But Cycript can be removed and Cydget still work - so that makes it '2' tweaks. Not different than running a LS widget in Convergence and WW = 2 tweaks. So your math is off there, bro. You really should take it out of the title of your thread since it's not true. But your statement is correct in that it doesn't need ANOTHER tweak to get GPS... so it's a 'half misleading' statement..

It comes to a point where you have a normal user (like yourself) that get innovation and work arounds mixed up. You think GL+ in innovative because you can run a lot of animation without a respring. That's cool, but you really have no idea how it achieved this.
    But you can't take away from Jake that it was 'innovative'. We were respringing... he did all the research (long before Saurik or your ever heard of WKWebView or spoke about it publicly) and found a way to alleviate the source of the resprings with animation present. Workaround/Innovation aren't stark opposites - and from my perspective we need to get away from using the terms as opposites. You wanted a WORKAROUND from having to use an API http call to get GPS to your Cydget.. So you INNOVATED a WORKAROUND to gain access to the Weather.app.. You see how those words are sorta not opposites??.. in trying to make one a BETTER accomplishment than the other? Sorta useless distinction. YOU too, we looking for a GPS tweak workaround.

It was also a workaround AND INNOVATIVE of Jake to realize and find a way to remedy the local file access problem in WKWebview - which you correctly refer to a 'buggy' but should be fixed in 8.2 from what I'm reading - or by iOS9 for sure. Very innovative for Jake to figure that out and design groovyAPI+ to address it. Are you that innovative to find that 'workaround' for stability in animations in Epic Cydget too??? I'll bet you are.. So do it, bro... Though Epic Cydget runs fine as is and is a viable product without animation.

The one thing you need to clarify for people is that Epic Cydget is not truly auto updating like WW is. Gunny got it wrong yesterday. After test reports are now back from people who own it.. It does need a respring to update weather. Or a launch into Weather.app or a pulling down of the Notification center before it will update position. This is just like Native Weather used to work and not really a fully auto-updating GPS. In my view - real 'innovation' was done by SDDev (WW) who found a way to tap into weather.framework AND have it auto-update in the background without any other keystroke from the user. But you'll figure that out too. Because you ARE a talented dev. In my view.. for $2.99, it should have been fully GPS. But that's me.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-06 at 07:34 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (2015-01-06)

@RAS I was wrong by saying use these methods to remove the bounce.

[[[SBLockScreenManager sharedInstance] lockScreenViewController] _setHintManagerEnabledIfPossible:NO];

Will remove the bounce, but also removes the ability to pull up cc and pull down nc.

SBLockScreenView.messages['hintDisplacement']=function(){return 0}
    hintDisplacement is the amount it will jump. If you set it to 100 then when you touch the screen it will jump over by 100.
    It will remove the bounce if set to 0 but if you switch cydgets (by pressing the home button) then touch the screen it will cause safemode. This is because it hooks hintDisplacement to return 0, but if you switch cydgets this variable of 0 does not exist anymore. It looks for a variable that isn't there so causes safemode.

I still haven't found a good way of removing the bounce.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-01-12)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast