Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 190

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)

  1. #61
    WW runs in the background constantly as a tweak, and has known conflicts with *******, Forecast and LockInfo. Which means the widget you are comparing this to has the same issues. This Cydget does not have any of those issues. I find it strange that ND comes here and talks to me about compatibility yet the tweak he tests and supports has them and it's ok

    I will provide some info you can pass along to the WW crew. Would make their code much cleaner and easier to manage.

    Say you have an array with multiple elements. You then need to write the variable to an element.

    An array
    Code:
    var htemp = ["25","30","40","50","60","70","80","90","100","110","120","130"];
    Here is an array that holds the weeks high temps. (I know 130 but these are fake temps)
    You now want to write these to multiple div elements. For this just iterate over the array with a for loop.

    Code:
    for (i = 0; i < htemp.length; i++) { 
        document.getElementById('htemp'+[i+1]).innerHTML=htemp[i];
    }
    That replaces

    Code:
    //document.getElementById("htemp1").innerHTML = htemp[0];
    //document.getElementById("htemp2").innerHTML = htemp[1];
    //document.getElementById("htemp3").innerHTML = htemp[2];
    //document.getElementById("htemp4").innerHTML = htemp[3];
    //document.getElementById("htemp5").innerHTML = htemp[4];
    //document.getElementById("htemp6").innerHTML = htemp[5];
    //document.getElementById("htemp7").innerHTML = htemp[6];
    //document.getElementById("htemp8").innerHTML = htemp[7];
    //document.getElementById("htemp9").innerHTML = htemp[8];
    //document.getElementById("htemp10").innerHTML = htemp[9];
    //document.getElementById("htemp11").innerHTML = htemp[10];
    //document.getElementById("htemp12").innerHTML = htemp[11];
    I made a fiddle for an example Edit fiddle - JSFiddle
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-05 at 07:23 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    rasputin007 (2015-01-05)

  3. #62
    Donation Sent (Unique Transaction ID #88E0899895931221B)

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to hdarticat For This Useful Post:

    June'sIphone (2015-01-05)

  5. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    WW runs in the background constantly as a tweak, and has known conflicts with *******, Forecast and LockInfo. Which means the widget you are comparing this to has the same issues. This Cydget does not have any of those issues. I find it strange that ND comes here and talks to me about compatibility yet the tweak he tests and supports has them and it's ok
    Just FYI, the first 2 conflicts we are not interested in even considering to fix. (We have our reasons)
    I don't recall what's up with LI, I'll have to look into it. Thanks.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  6. #64
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    Default Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)
    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I had to download the free widget included in WW. I will explain how it is not similar to you.

    Not bashing the widget, just explaining the differences. As you see there is nothing similar here. I guess if you look at it like this lock screen gets weather information and displays it then yes it is very similar. If you look at it from a coder/developer perspective you clearly see that this cydget is obviously coded better. Plus it doesn't require any initial setup for a user.
    Dude, u didn't have to go through all that trouble. But u did kind of prove my point. This is why I said that it seemed like an accomplishment from a development standpoint but on the "surface" it seems similar with the hour, daily, and today readouts. I understand your desire to take the argument that u r most comfortable with but my post was never about code, it was about the simple aesthetic readouts.

    If your point is that your widget requires less code then WW, then u would be right but that was never my point or argument. U mentioned that's it's difficult to setup but u didn't even try it. Before I commented on your widget I used it as intended. I actually had difficulty setting up your widget as it only displayed time. I had to read your instructions provided and it took a couple tries and a respring for me. The way WW works now is near flawless and doesn't have the issues it had in the past due to over 2 dozen updates to that tweak. But it's clear that u didn't even try it but still feel confident in saying it's difficult to setup. U shouldn't criticize something u didn't try.

    But thank you for your response June, I hope u understand my point was never about the size of your widget but was commenting on the surface. If developmental time is the scale in which u measure success or determine value then that would be an awful metric for themers. Some icons take 2 hours and some themers, like Virtual, take 2 days on a single icon. I would hate if he charged more just because he feels his icons are more professional than others. And this seems to be your selling point but the aesthetic output is rather simple. But it is indeed very cool that u achieved this with just code, regardless if it has been accomplished already with a tweak that can be used with any LS platform that the user chooses.

    Thanks again man for taking the time to explain, I do appreciate it. I prefer to have an understanding of someone rather than just being dismissive.

    This is the last time I'll comment on this subject on your thread. I want u to have your support thread without all this nonsense but if u wish to have more of a dialogue about some of the misconceptions u seem to have about WW than I would love that.
    Last edited by Krima; 2015-01-05 at 02:13 PM.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    NewD (2015-01-05), Padgoi (2015-01-06)

  8. #65
    Mi Deh Yah jawonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,029
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

    Wow !, now i wish i could run Cydget on my 6+ with this without a respring .

  9. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    Wow !, now i wish i could run Cydget on my 6+ with this without a respring .
    You will not experience a respring out of this Cydget. It is almost impossible. If you did I would love to see that crash log.

  10. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Dude, u didn't have to go through all that trouble. But u did kind of prove my point. This is why I said that it seemed like an accomplishment from a development standpoint but on the "surface" it seems similar with the hour, daily, and today readouts.

    Thanks again man for taking the time to explain, I do appreciate it. I prefer to have an understanding of someone rather than just being dismissive.

    You're welcome, it took a few minutes to open the code of each and see the difference. I figure you would of done this yourself as GC was teaching you Obj-c, but with your statement I knew you didn't look at the code.

    Longest part was really to download the other widget. I did decide it still felt wrong comparing the two even though you asked. (Without any help to fix it) So I provided the other code that would would help clean up the widget with repeating lines of code. Still didn't take much time.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

    Krima (2015-01-05)

  12. #68
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    Default Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)
    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    You're welcome, it took a few minutes to open the code of each and see the difference. I figure you would of done this yourself as GC was teaching you Obj-c, but with your statement I knew you didn't look at the code.

    Longest part was really to download the other widget. I did decide it still felt wrong comparing the two even though you asked. (Without any help to fix it) So I provided the other code that would would help clean up the widget with repeating lines of code. Still didn't take much time.
    GC was never teaching me Obj-C. And I didn't look at your code because that was never the point I was trying to make. U understand that right? U keep going back to code efficiency and I never once compared your widget to the free base one, from that position. I'll reiterate, I said that on the surface it looks the same and the aesthetic readouts are similar. Not a single time did I make the point that the base widget is coded better, not once.

    I didn't suggest anything to fix because I never said your widget was broken or didn't work. Why would I say u need to fix something when I never said it was broken? I did however notice my selected wallpaper didn't fill up the screen. Don't know if that has been a reported issue.
    Last edited by Krima; 2015-01-05 at 03:37 PM.

  13. #69
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    Default Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1420468638.589940.jpgOn a 6+.
    Last edited by Krima; 2015-01-05 at 04:15 PM.

  14. #70
    OK, while we are at it, I can give my 2 cents worth as well.
    I don't agree with some of June's commercial aspects and his paying-customer support, which is just my personal opinion.
    However June is a very clever coder, going to extreme length to solve problem and not scared to walk new path and for that he has my full respect. Years ago Durben complained about lacking innovation at MMi. Well, you can not get a better example of innovation then June's work.
    MMi's dislike of cydgets being slow and clunky I can tolerate, but not accept. I still believe it is THE LS platform as it offers a huge potential, now and in future.
    When I read in the other LS tweaks thread that "I can live with the odd random respring", I can not believe what I just read. I would never ever tolerate a random respring on my phone, simply the thought that I would get one while answering a call from a customer is a thing of the impossible.
    Nothing is perfect, we all know that, but if I had to choose of an apparently clunky and slow, but stable LS platform and a rather buggy potentially phone crashing LS platform, I always will go for the stable one.
    I never had any respings (apart from the ones I caused myself) with the cydgets I use.
    Also when I read that other people when using cydgets have resprings on their phones then I ask myself why does this happen to them but not me and almost each time I come to the conclusion that if you have every LS platform that is available installed and each of them tries in their own way to influence just one thing, the LS, wouldn't that make the whole LS even more unstable?
    Something along the line of "too many cooks spoil the broth".
    Yes, I spend money on Epic Cydget, but not because I want to run it on my LS, as it uses the iOS stock Weather App, just as WidgetWeather does and weather.com is even worse then Yahoo, which was already crap. But this might be because I am outside the US (where apparently weather.com works brilliantly).
    On a final note, June is a coding gem for MMi. Keep on treating him with bickering and MMi will be left with people that can replace png images and shift them around, change fonts and font color, but new innovative ways will become very very rare.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-01-05 at 04:10 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

  15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    Ew4rty (2015-01-06), J3T (2015-01-07), June'sIphone (2015-01-05), Krima (2015-01-05), oldskoolsk8r (2015-01-05), The.Drifter (2015-01-05), TruthDivine666 (2015-01-07)

  16. #71
    Mi Deh Yah jawonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,029
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    You will not experience a respring out of this Cydget. It is almost impossible. If you did I would love to see that crash log.
    Well i guess i won't because it's not an animated widget . Will donate and try it . Thanks

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

    June'sIphone (2015-01-05)

  18. #72
    Like what I see!

    Donated: 67R025853Y520874G

    Thanks for this epic Lockscreen!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Palmin For This Useful Post:

    June'sIphone (2015-01-05)

  20. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    GC was never teaching me Obj-C. And I didn't look at your code because that was never the point I was trying to make. U understand that right? U keep going back to code efficiency and I never once compared your widget to the free base one, from that position. I'll reiterate, I said that on the surface it looks the same and the aesthetic readouts are similar. Not a single time did I make the point that the base widget is coded better, not once.

    I didn't suggest anything to fix because I never said your widget was broken or didn't work. Why would I say u need to fix something when I never said it was broken? I did however notice my selected wallpaper didn't fill up the screen. Don't know if that has been a reported issue.
    I failed to get what you where saying. I now see that you were saying that this Cydget provides all the same info that the other widget does. I was looking deeper into it, didn't think you would state something that was so obvious in the first place. We both pull from weather.framework it only makes sense that we pull the same info.

    As far as your wallpaper issue, it looks as if you are using a custom wallpaper. I would normally think that you would have tried another wallpaper, but I will ask. Did you try a normal wallpaper?

    I do not tamper with the wallpaper. Even when I add weather wallpapers they will not be set in the html. This is because I am very aware of the limited JS memory (as its printed on my screen). I will set it the way you would set the wallpaper in settings.app. Same as you going to settings choosing wallpaper and pressing set to lockscreen. I just do it in code. Again like stock, will give it a better stock feel and imo is the best way to do it.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-05 at 06:24 PM.

  21. #74
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    I failed to get what you where saying. I now see that you were saying that this Cydget provides all the same info that the other widget does. I was looking deeper into it, didn't think you would state something that was so obvious in the first place. We both pull from weather.framework it only makes sense that we pull the same info.
    Haha. Love the little condescending digs u got going. Of course it's obvious that the temp readout would be the same. Dude, again, I said the "AESTHETICS" are similar. I then mentioned the daily, hourly, and today. U went to simple there but whatever helps u.

    It is a custom wallpaper but it looks fine on all other LS platforms. Don't see why it would be different with yours. I'll keep checking if u give a shite.

  22. #75
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    Default Epic Cydget (Full GPS with no extra tweaks needed)
    Different wallpaper, same results. It only seemed to work if applied using the Apple wallpapersin the Stills section. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1420479571.199262.jpgIs this by design? Are you saying that any wallpaper that isn't in the Stills section will not work?

  23. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Haha. Love the little condescending digs u got going. Of course it's obvious that the temp readout would be the same. Dude, again, I said the "AESTHETICS" are similar. I then mentioned the daily, hourly, and today. U went to simple there but whatever helps u.

    It is a custom wallpaper but it looks fine on all other LS platforms. Don't see why it would be different with yours. I'll keep checking if u give a shite.
    I don't consider me telling you that you stated the obvious a condescending dig. Still I guess i'm missing your point. Which at this point i'm over commenting about whatever point you were trying to make. For the wallpaper turn off Cydgets and tell me how that wallpaper looks. Of course I give a ****. The reason it may look fine in all other ls platforms is they use html and html will scale that wallpaper to fit anything. Which iOS should do as well, if the wallpaper isn't horrible small.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2015-01-05 at 06:51 PM.

  24. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Different wallpaper, same results. It only seemed to work if applied using the Apple wallpapersin the Stills section. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1420479571.199262.jpgIs this by design? Are you saying that any wallpaper that isn't in the Stills section will not work?
    No Krima, I use a wallpaper this size and it works fine.


    Do you not see a preview of the wallpaper before you set it to lockscreen? It should show how it fits, if it doesn't fit take two fingers and scale it to fit. The Stills are wallpapers included that are a perfect fit for your device. That is why they work, and the reason yours don't fit is they are the wrong size.

  25. #78
    Mi Deh Yah jawonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,029
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

    Nice on the 6+




  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

    co.ag.2005 (2015-01-08), dmick89 (2015-01-05), GUNNY29 (2015-01-05), June'sIphone (2015-01-05)

  27. #79
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    OK, while we are at it, I can give my 2 cents worth as well.
    I don't agree with some of June's commercial aspects and his paying-customer support, which is just my personal opinion.
    However June is a very clever coder, going to extreme length to solve problem and not scared to walk new path and for that he has my full respect.
    I fully concur. I am impressed by June's methods and code style and always have been. I've learned a couple of very important techniques in my own coding from him.

    Years ago Durben complained about lacking innovation at MMi.
    Not quite correct, Ras. It was actually ME that made that statement about innovation and Durben was VERY offended by it. As he should have been. I was at a place where I kept seeing all the same AESTHETICS (Krima's point) and ONLY widgets that contained weather - I wanted more AND I wanted to challenge the status quo. And it upset a lot of people. I withdrew my statement back then as it wasn't well put by me at all. Nothing back then was.. LOL..
    MMi's dislike of cydgets being slow and clunky I can tolerate, but not accept. I still believe it is THE LS platform as it offers a huge potential, now and in future.
    "CYCRIPT" is the future of widget design.. I fully concur, RAS... but NOT Cydget.. Cydget's load time is poor and moving from widget to widget is clunky. Its way of dealing with notifications is rudimentary and not the least bit innovational. Shoddy work by Saurik in my opinion. Saurik is a technician - not an artist in the way he approaches tweak making. That's unfortunate. People don't use Cydget because, well, it's not easy to use nor elegant in look.

    BUT - CYCRIPT or ANY "Obj.C --> Javascript" bridge ARE the future... GroovyAPI is a competing product to Cycript. May the better dev's product win the heart of the people in the end..
    ...but stable LS platform and a rather buggy potentially phone crashing LS platform, I always will go for the stable one. I never had any respings (apart from the ones I caused myself) with the cydgets I use.
    I agree with you about stability. I'm the same way.. MUST have ZERO resprings. But UIWebView is broken in iOS8. And being abandoned by APPLE.. They never intended us to run animation in it to the level of a tweak like UniAW7 which is NOT a 'small' group of people who love it. Cydget still uses UIWebView.. and if you had an iPhone 6+ right now - you wouldn't be saying Cydgets is giving you ZERO resprings. Because it wouldn't respring-city if you ran even the slightest animations - EVEN WITH NO other LS players installed. Many tests have already been done to prove my statement there.. And the moment you add even a little animation or WebKit css animation - you WILL get resprings EVEN in Cydget with no other LS players installed.

    Saurik knows that WKWebView is the future and only made his comments about 'not ready for primetime' because Jay Freeman doesn't like to be the '2nd guy to the show'.. He'll always put something down, to his following on Reddit, so that when HE invents something then that uses WKWebView in iOS9 - 'he' can look like the 'savior' of the LS widget platform. It's intellectually dishonest what he said on Reddit.. as 6+ users that are using GroovyLock+ with GroovyAPI+ right now with FULL ANIMATION are experiencing NO resprings of any kind (and no security bugs - so LAME that Saurik implied that about WK). Cydget can't make the claim of full stability on 6 or 6+ running animation because it still uses UIWebView. Even June himself admitted that if a lot of animation were introduced to his EpicCydget it could become unstable. Good for him admitting the limitations of Cydget. You should too, bro.

    weather.com is even worse then Yahoo, which was already crap. But this might be because I am outside the US (where apparently weather.com works brilliantly).
    Yes - thanks for making that caveat.. OUTSIDE of US - yahoo and weather.com may be crap.. But IN US - weather.com is WAAAAY more accurate than Yahoo ever was. You and I have always agreed that Yahoo is CRAP! .. And I love WeatherUnderground as you turned me onto a long time ago.. But their their location output is too limited. Google is my choice there... as also I learned from you. Though the YahooLocation api WW uses is really quite good. As good as Google now. They must have done a lot of upgrading.
    On a final note, June is a coding gem for MMi.
    Again - we agree.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-05 at 07:14 PM.

  28. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    Nice on the 6+



    Could you share your wallpaper please?
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •